Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Honk If You're Horny

I'm coming back around on Liza and Charles. There was a flicker or two when they were in the kitchen together. Perhaps part of the problem is that Peter does a better job of playing a distant, perfect love interest. I still think he's charming from a distance but he seems lacking as a scene partner.

Oh my God, that noise... XD That was a very dumb SATC kind of plotline. Also, Enzo and Diana? Effortless. Why can't you do that with Liza and Charles, show?

OK, Charles giving back her reading glasses was very cute. Nice quip.

I LOVE Diana sassing Lauren. More Miriam Shor always.

Speaking of scene stealers, I wish Michael Urie was a bigger part of this show. I'd so much rather have him as an editor than Zane.

Also, Liza and Charles are TERRIBLE liars. Couldn't they just say they were having a business dinner? Or they were out celebrating something? As long as they weren't being intimate there's no reason for it to seem like a date or inappropriate. Dumb.

The dumb goose noise was kind of worth it for Lauren, Josh, and Kelsey being all gossipy about it. Remember when this show was fun?

AHHH! Laura Benanti! I'm glad Quinn didn't turn out to be a Kylie Jenner type. Also, LOL Empirical/Millennial have the most unprofessional book pitches in the world. They're always making thinly veiled allusions to their personal lives lately.

I'm into Lauren and Diana calling each other diva. This is so much better than Liza and Kelsey.

Charles said it with a smile but saying that his life is his business because it's all his business is basically saying he can do whatever the fuck he wants. I feel like part of the issue with Charles is they are trying to fit him into the Big mold and that's not the romantic hero I want in 2019. He didn't assure Kelsey that he would stay professional and that his relationship with Liza wouldn't affect his judgment. He just said, I'm in charge of everything so you have to listen to me. 

I'm glad Diana talked to Enzo but then decided it wasn't a big deal. This is actual maturity. Communicating and then deciding what you can or can't live with.

maybe it's a generational thing-- but I could never imagine talking to the boss the way Kelsey talked to Charles. That snide comment about getting Liza to ask him for the money for the billionaire's book was NOT a good look for her. It was unprofessional and basically some serious mean girl bullshit.

I think it made sense for a soap opera. All My Children, Nashville, etc. Even something big business-y like Working Girl. But it was weird for Younger and also because they work in publishing. There's drama but it's not like Empirical has come across like a company with a lot of backstabbing and infighting and ruthlessness before.