Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S02.E02: Face to Face

On 8/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, Kellyee said:

He's been financially supporting her, so I'm thinking she should cut him some slack and not leave him sitting there. At least not if she wants to continue getting paid.

Melissa, whoever she or he is, doesn't have time to meet every Tom, Dick, and Ricky* who sends monthly stipends.  She has bigger catfish to fry.

* and Jason, Brad, Homer, Chester, Wendell, Bart, Donald, Andy, Jim, and on and on and on.........

• Like 4

My mother-in-law is over at my house right now and she looks about as old as Angela (if Angela maintained her weight better and wore tasteful clothing). She's about to turn 75; my husband is 50.

1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

My mother-in-law is over at my house right now and she looks about as old as Angela (if Angela maintained her weight better and wore tasteful clothing). She's about to turn 75; my husband is 50.

Angela, Angela, Angela......let's let the hair go a bit darker, get it CUT, have a sleek smooth style and brush it now and ten.  Clothes:  You are a not an extra from "Jersey Shore" so how about some nice T shirts, tucked into shorts that FIT, or some nice summer blouses in a fun print or just fun bold colors.  And I know you are happy that you are about to be boned by a young guy, but try to stop the really bad habit of laughing kinda hard after every. Sentence. You. Say. 

That is all........

• Like 8

On 8/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, vimsa3 said:

I see this episode with my hubby for the second time! Did anybody notice the Birkin bag on the shelf when darcy is getting ready???? Is it real ? Why does she use that horrible ugly “Chanel” bag instead of her Birkin then??

Darcy is the QUEEN of street vendor "designer" labels.  Every frickin' thing she wears or carries is a knock-off.  Number of people fooled?  Zero.

• Like 7

Im almost 70 not thin kinda chubby but still pretty....went to my class reunion and an old friend hit on me told me that I still had the best legs and beautiful skin...….wow...his wife was standing there....I laughed and told her that I was in love with him when I was 5....and I hugged her...I dont look my age I do my hair makeup dont drink dont smoke dont tan...….and thank you Jesus and grandma high cheekbones and almost white blue eyes...…….buttttttt Angela..please cut your hair get a style....learn how to do makeup....quit smoking and drinking and go get some nice clothes....cold shoulder shirts are for people with shoulders......get rid of the shorts....cover those veins....I think you have a big heart and are probably one of the nicest people you would want to meet....anyone who takes care of others...has to be good....I dont like anyone else in this show but I like you because you are down to earth god bless you

Edited by seahag50
  • Like 7

On 8/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, magemaud said:

I have a friend who was horrified that her daughter was going to name her first child Hazel. Fast forward 7 years and now the name just "fits" the girl and Grandma is fine with it. Hazel is also in the top 50 girls names on last year's Social Security Name list, so it's gaining in popularity. This Hazel also has a little sister, DORIS, but I don't know if that's trendy or not. 

I know a young Thelma.  

1 hour ago, Horrified said:

Darcy is the QUEEN of street vendor "designer" labels.  Every frickin' thing she wears or carries is a knock-off.  Number of people fooled?  Zero.

*tiny voice* I was fooled. :-(

• Like 2

This is the thread for last week's episode.  If you're discussing this week's episode, use the live chat thread or the new episode thread. 

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Jesse may order Darcey around, but I'll bet that she makes way more money than he does!

She should. She had a 20 year head start.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Horrified said:

Yea that is what I thought but she did buy the Louboutins when she went to see jessi

On 8/12/2018 at 8:40 PM, Mercolleen said:

I am fascinated by the airplane baby shelves!

They're fold-down bassinets.  They're typically only available in the first aisle, since they take up so much room, and they're first-come, first-serve.  I would have loved to have gotten one on the 14 hour plane ride home from China when we adopted our daughter, but they were snatched up fast.  I'm more fascinated at how calm Lucy is.  Do you think Rachel ground up a Valium and mixed it in her bottle?  

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

Angela people are staring at you because YOU HAVE A CAMERA CREW FOLLOWING YOU!

I'm sure that doesn't help but I bet everyone in that airport was thinking "look at that white lady about ready to be scammed!" 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:55 PM, Neurochick said:

Michael isn’t even hiding that he just wants to come to the US, that’s why he wants Angela.

I don't get (well maybe I do kinda...) WHY these guys, who are actually pretty good looking, thinking they need to con older, less attractive ladies?? And most of them don't even have money to benefit from.  I would think these guys could actually start a legit relationship with someone they are actually attracted to. Young people tend to be more foolish with their money. 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:57 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

So Paul got a new translation app? Never occurred to him to take a few Portuguese lessons? Sigh. 

Actually since it had only been 4 months I thought they were both a lot better than before. He seemed pretty fluent in the phrases he did know and she understood more english and knew a lot more words without help. 

On 8/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, Adeejay said:

Angela and Rachel have real good filters on their phones, because they look nothing like their picture.   

Rachel and John probably facetime a lot so Im sure he's seen her dressed up and down and I bet he was not disappointed at all in her appearance at the train station.  

On 8/13/2018 at 3:09 AM, Bridget said:

I'm wondering why he just happened to have a toothbrush with him! Is this a regularly occurring episode in his life? 

When he did that I said "where did that toothbrush come from!?!?" 

On 8/17/2018 at 12:53 PM, magemaud said:

I have a friend who was horrified that her daughter was going to name her first child Hazel. Fast forward 7 years and now the name just "fits" the girl and Grandma is fine with it. Hazel is also in the top 50 girls names on last year's Social Security Name list, so it's gaining in popularity. This Hazel also has a little sister, DORIS, but I don't know if that's trendy or not. 

I have (had) a great grandma named Hazel and she had a daughter (great-aunt right?) named Doris. Ha!

• Like 1

I think John is actually pretty cute.  I'd give him a shot.  But when they showed he lived with his mom I'm like "ohhhhh OK, here's his issue" plus he's a lot shorter than he probably gives off online. Even his friends made a comment about his height.  And I'm willing to bet he isn't as fit as he used to be in those photos.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think John is actually pretty cute.  I'd give him a shot.  But when they showed he lived with his mom I'm like "ohhhhh OK, here's his issue" plus he's a lot shorter than he probably gives off online. Even his friends made a comment about his height.  And I'm willing to bet he isn't as fit as he used to be in those photos.  

Jon isn’t bad looking (and I do acknowledge how hard it can be for short men) but in a heteronormative framework a man has to be either 1. Incredibly physically attractive, 2. Rare (compared to the number of women in his age group in his community) to override not being financially independent well into adulthood, socialization problems etc to be attractive to a woman in his peer group. 

I can see Jon suffering from a TBI after the fight in Uni- the damage wasn’t enough to incapacitate him but he’s not 100% any more. 

• Like 4

I’ve got this episode on while I clean up- I noticed how Michel wiped his mouth after they kissed. NOT a good sign. I know it’s very warm in Lagos and perhaps he was nervous but then wipe his BROW not his lips no?(I’m a weirdo that rarely sweats)......

yeah