Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Tarik is too dumb to realize that Hazel's concept of love is at the level of a six year old.  "He takes me nice places, I love him now."  Until someone offering more comes along, which the show hints at at the end.

Flying across the Atlantic to surprise your girlfriend with a breakup...what a tool.

I think Ximena had a change of heart with the prospect of getting to stay in front of the cameras.

• Love 9

I have to say something because this is an issue that is personal for me. I find the dismissal of American poverty and homelessness really surprising. We get on these folks about their ignorance of other countries, but I’m learning there is a real lack of knowledge about the living conditions of other Americans.

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

When I have travelled internationally, some chivalrous man or two have always helped me lug my bags up the steps at the subway stations. Nope, I wasn't in killer stilettos and some bizarre outfit, but someone usually showed me some kindness and I was greatly appreciative to them. No one helped Darcey lug her bags up the steps?

Gawd, that was just so sad. I felt bad for her. Lugging that massive piece up those stairs knowing what she's walking into with Herr Doofus. Which by the way, what happened to the baby fuzz at his hairline? It was completely gone this ep.

8 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

The summation of this episode is: a bunch of lying liars promise to never lie again, and their marks future fiances believe them.

I agree with everyone who said Angela's appearance gets more egregious with each episode. And the mental picture of what she plans to do with some of the frosting from the cake has me traumatized. Ewwww!

Darcey wins the award for Most Desperate Person Ever.

Has Rachel been taking sad sack lessons from David Poor??

Marta.....good Lord. They need to start teaching Common Sense and How To Spot Red Flags in schools.

Hazel and Tarik , poor Hazel is trying hard to not vomit any time Tarik touches her,

Ricky is disgusting. All these jerks promising they will never lie again make me twitch.

Editing to add Pole and Karine! I could kind of see his side in terms of feeling used (what did he expect?), but it's obvious that he's been more than a little grumpy. Karine and her mom are unwilling to endure any more of it. Must be really bad. 

Thumbs up to each check point here and especially the sad sack lesson from David Poor. I'm still tee-heeing over that one.

I think Angela was happier to see that frosted cake than she was seeing Mah-kull for the first time off the plane. Well played Michael. Well played.

I hope and pray when I find my love that I'm able to muster up the same level of enthusiasm as Hazel telling Tarik. That was one powerful declaration of love *eyeroll*.

Don't people in Albuquerque watch SYTTD? Supposed to ask for the budget first. Dontcha know you're not supposed to try on a dress that's out of your budget?

I definitely liked John much better with the trimmed down beard.

Quit touching and pawing your eyes Rachel, get a damn tissue already!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The fact that Karine is already showing, tells me she is more than "four to five weeks" pregnant.

When the subtitles spit that out I just laughed. Ok, maybe a thin girl will show a bit earlier than a not thing girl but come the hell on. Here breasts were enormous, her baby bump was clearly visible and she already had some water retention in her face. If she's not already in her 2nd trimester she's pretty damn close to it. Hey 90DF producers - some of viewers have been pregnant before, we know the way it goes!

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

When the subtitles spit that out I just laughed. Ok, maybe a thin girl will show a bit earlier than a not thing girl but come the hell on. Here breasts were enormous, her baby bump was clearly visible and she already had some water retention in her face. If she's not already in her 2nd trimester she's pretty damn close to it. Hey 90DF producers - some of viewers have been pregnant before, we know the way it goes!

Hopefully Paul will get a DNA test before he starts bonding with the baby and trying to make the marriage work. She already complains about doing any housework, wait until she has to take care of a crying baby and has no time for herself. And Paul will have no patience for a baby either. Why do young girls and their partners "leave it up to God"?  Great way to get out of the cycle of poverty. 

Ximena still does not know ALL the truth.  Will Ricardo "mention" the ring he has (IF he proposes) was originally intended for Melissa.  She seems smart enough to realize that and won't think he slipped away and bought it.

• Love 7

LadyIris, newer suitcases are the nice spinner ones, with a whole lot more flexibility in various surfaces. I had older type luggage for a while. Maybe the whole lugging the bag up the stairs was just for show.  Many subway stations, especially those connected to airports and such would normally have an elevator.  

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I feel for the smack down Darcy is about to get but part of me wants this scene:

Darcy: How do you like my new veneers? (smiles fetchingly)

Jesse: Veneers aren't for everyone.

"But Jesse," she will sob, "These new veneers repel wine stains! Now it's okay for me to drink, right?"

• Love 9

I just hope that something good will come out of this with the Jesse/Darcy thing because it's certainly a teachable moment here. I hope young women will see this and learn what NOT to do when meeting someone coming into town after not really being in much contact with you beforehand: DON'T...

• Get your teeth redone and bleached for big event
  • Get your hair bleached and then super long weaved
  • Wear pumps while lugging designer suitcases (not even knowing what is being planned)
  • Wear a faux Hollywood fur coat
  • Don't be on camera caking on the makeup acting like this is the big proposal. Keep it simple!

Darcy's whole scene was just cringeworthy. I agree that it's shitty that Jesse is traveling back to dump her but Darcy really should know better, it's not like the signs weren't there all along. 

And can we please go back to Darcy sitting at the salon talking about how she had to get her daughters out of there (when she and Jesse were arguing during the famous Rice-a-Roni/steak on the bias scene)? She's acting like she deserves a fucking mother of the year award. In the meantime she's on TV acting like a teen kid throwing shoes and arguing over stupid shit. This woman needs help. Something is wrong with her. 

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Honestly, this show is funnier than any American sitcom.   It''s comedy gold.  Angie and the cake had me in tears of laughter.   The bonk with the bag - I'll get a black eye... what black guy? 

That was one of the funniest moments in a very funny episode! Better than when Larry misunderstood Jenny saying he was rude. "Duh, what? I'm OLD?"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Darcey thinks she may be finally getting swept off her feet, but admits sometimes she's not sure he really loves her...at this point is there truly anyone more clueless in the universe??  The previews gave me all I dreamed for!

Yes and how it suddenly made a "new and confident" person, translating to how wonderful things will go with Jesse now.  JUST WOW.

It reminds me of Jesse's mom talking about how she was so worried or whatever because her son was dating an American because they were so superficial and focused on the shallow.  That woman was willing to take potshots at Americans on American television just to get her opening passive-aggressive digs in at Darcey.

And Darcey almost sent a false eyelash flying with her rapid nodding in agreement, like, oh yes, I understand your grave concern, some of them truly ARE!

When it comes to snide doublespeak, Jesse learned at the feet of a master.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Wear pumps while lugging designer suitcases (not even knowing what is being planned)

Anyone notice that when Darcy was seated on the train, they showed a full body shot and she was wearing comfy black bedazzled open toed slides? Why didn't she wear those to lug all that shit up the stairs? TV drama I suppose! 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Stacee said:

I just hope that something out of all this good will come out with the Jesse/Darcy thing because it's certainly a teachable moment here. I hope young women will see this and learn what NOT to do when meeting someone coming into town after not really being in much contact with you beforehand: DON'T...

• Wear pumps while lugging designer suitcases (not even knowing what is being planned)
  • Don't be on camera caking on the makeup acting like this is the big proposal. Keep it simple!

Darcy's whole scene was just cringeworthy. I agree that it's shitty that Jesse is traveling back to dump her but Darcy really should know better, it's not like the signs weren't there all along. 

And can we please go back to Darcy sitting at the salon talking about how she had to get her daughters out of there (when she and Jesse were arguing during the famous Rice-a-Roni/stak on the bias scene)? She's acting like she deserves a fucking mother of the year award. In the meantime she's on TV acting like a teen kid throwing shoes and arguing over stupid shit. This woman needs help. Something is wrong with her. 

And that's just the list of stuff she had done that she can talk about on television...

I kept thinking as she was sitting in her cousin's chair that she reminded me of a 17-year-old kid complaining about her boyfriend, and, like, he said this, and that, and then he was so RUDE to me in study hall, and I almost didn't sit next to him in Trig class, but I did anyway...

At that point, a stylist shrugs, and things, oh, she'll grow out of it.  

But when you're a 40-something mom of tween girls, it gets a little spooky...

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Stacee said:

I just hope that something good will come out of this with the Jesse/Darcy thing because it's certainly a teachable moment here. I hope young women will see this and learn what NOT to do when meeting someone coming into town after not really being in much contact with you beforehand: DON'T...

And can we please go back to Darcy sitting at the salon talking about how she had to get her daughters out of there (when she and Jesse were arguing during the famous Rice-a-Roni/steak on the bias scene)? She's acting like she deserves a fucking mother of the year award. In the meantime she's on TV acting like a teen kid throwing shoes and arguing over stupid shit. This woman needs help. Something is wrong with her. 

Darcy doesnt have full custody of her kids, does she? It wouldnt surprise me if she didn't. That woman is a hot mess and we just see a piece of it. 

When her cousin asked about the girls, all I could think about was that her girls could literally give a sh&*. Those girls are probably so used to their mothers drama and seem way more mature than their mother.

• Love 6

I swear I don't understand these people. If you can't afford to change your flight, why would you threaten to go home? Who was going to pay for the fees, and more importantly, why are you travelling abroad if you don't have an exit strategy if things go south? Rachel was the same way. No additional funds if things took a turn for the worse. 

I don't understand why she would go to a bridal shop, not give a comfortable price point, and set herself up for disappointment by trying on a dress she knows she can't afford. Why not go to Macy's, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or any department store? She looks to be the average size, so I'm pretty sure she could find something pretty and flattering. How is she able to afford a second trip a couple of months later? I'm sure she probably used whatever she got back in income tax instead of saving so she wouldn't have to live cheque to cheque. They do realise how expensive attorney's fees can get, and they're looking at a lengthy separation and endless expenses to even try to get him to the States. And it's no guarantee that he'll even get approved after investing however much money they clearly don't have.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I finally figured out why I can't with Rachel:  She's such a Debbie Downer "me me me" type.  She has a not terrible life with 2 healthy kids and a roof over her head, and she's so Eeyore about everything. 

Not that I have interest in seeing them....did I miss the conclusion of Corny and Antonio in NYC?  Like, is that done already?

You nailed what has been bugging me about Rachel too, the Eeyore thing! I can't handle being around people like that, they are like energy zombies that suck all the air out of the room.  It takes special skill to make wedding dress shopping look that depressing. 

At some point they showed corney dump Antonio because he went to NYC and didn't bother to arrange meeting her. I think this was on a previous show but I lost track. 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Honestly, this show is funnier than any American sitcom.   It''s comedy gold.  Angie and the cake had me in tears of laughter.   

Yes!  The scene with Angela and Micheal and the cake was my favorite.

Angela: That’s what’s been wrong with me. I missed my cake!  (Takes a big bite.)

Micheal: (wipes frosting from her face and hair)

Angela (in her TH):  I forgive Micheal at the end of the day ‘cause I love him. And seeing Micheal  “apologenic” and sorry is the Micheal I fell in love with.

Angela’s invention of words such as “apologenic” rather than apologetic is too funny.  I couldn’t help but laugh.

Edited by SweetPotato
  • Love 12

On a more real reality show I've learned that this kind of fabric is hard for even experienced people to work with, and Marta isn't that, apparently:

5ba9044d2ccc7_Screenshot2018-09-24at11_26_24AM.thumb.png.2a7164f909d19fb75624108fb82b76fb.png

The (pretty easy) elastic gather waist is fine, but the bottom hems are more than a little wonky.  That means Marta, you're out.  Auf wiedersehen.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, sconstant said:

On a more real reality show I've learned that this kind of fabric is hard for even experienced people to work with, and Marta isn't that, apparently:

5ba9044d2ccc7_Screenshot2018-09-24at11_26_24AM.thumb.png.2a7164f909d19fb75624108fb82b76fb.png

The (pretty easy) elastic gather waist is fine, but the bottom hems are more than a little wonky.  That means Marta, you're out.  Auf wiedersehen.

I couldn't figure out what was going on under that mustard-yellow top.  I am assuming a lace bra maybe?  It looked all lumpy and like her breasts were squished in a weird way.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, juicyfruit said:

I couldn't figure out what was going on under that mustard-yellow top.  I am assuming a lace bra maybe?  It looked all lumpy and like her breasts were squished in a weird way.

Yeah, there were some fancy undergarments, which are lovely I'm sure, but weren't doing great things as shapewear.  

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You nailed what has been bugging me about Rachel too, the Eeyore thing! I can't handle being around people like that, they are like energy zombies that suck all the air out of the room.  It takes special skill to make wedding dress shopping look that depressing. 

At some point they showed corney dump Antonio because he went to NYC and didn't bother to arrange meeting her. I think this was on a previous show but I lost track. 

I know, right? She should make the best of it. Have her charcoal-lidded friend take a cute photo of her in the dress, deck it out really pretty (with filters or whatever), and just frame it as a memento of wedding preparations. I'm sure that Jon would love to have it! Meanwhile assemble a lovely garden outfit for the actual nuptials.

Corney was another Eeyore! She had time to herself in Spain to go to museums or window shopping at boutiques or sampling the local iced lattes or whatever, and instead she sat alone inside a hot apartment getting drunk. Oh, Corney, he must have been overjoyed to find you!

• Love 10

Darcey’s entire luggage schlepping scene at Grand Central Station was totally staged with the stairs closed off to the public and the cameraman at the top of the stairway. Of course Jesse is flying in from Amsterdam to break up with her in person-more camera time and traveling on TLC’s dime. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Does Rachel work?  I can't recall them ever saying.  I assume she is a stay at home mom.  So what is the source of her income? 

Highly unlikely she is a SAMH bc Lucy goes to daycare which Jon pays for. If she's living paycheck to paycheck, I doubt she's sending Lucy to day care just for the socialization or whatever. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, juicyfruit said:

Strippers tend to dress like they're always ready to peel their clothing off even when they have zero intention of doing so.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, eatsleep said:

Highly unlikely she is a SAMH bc Lucy goes to daycare which Jon pays for. If she's living paycheck to paycheck, I doubt she's sending Lucy to day care just for the socialization or whatever. 

Yeah, thanks.  trimthatfat reminded me of this upthread. I had forgotten.   

10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Darcey’s entire luggage schlepping scene at Grand Central Station was totally staged with the stairs closed off to the public and the cameraman at the top of the stairway. Of course Jesse is flying in from Amsterdam to break up with her in person-more camera time and traveling on TLC’s dime. 

You are so right about that. Rude new Yorker that I am, I would have bumped the mess out out her just for seeing that ridiculous display going up those

steps.  Work the runway someplace else sister!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Honestly, this show is funnier than any American sitcom.   It''s comedy gold.  Angie and the cake had me in tears of laughter.   The bonk with the bag - I'll get a black eye... what black guy? Teeny tiny Darcy and her giant suitcase.  The raccoon eyed friend at the wedding dress shop.  I know we're being manipulated, but not all the time.  You just can't write this stuff. 

But why was Pole racing to the clinic?  I always cringe when he runs as it looks so painful for him. She wasn't miscarrying or anything.  I'm completely lost in terms of timelines on this show.  Jesse's fuzz grows out, Jon sports more gray hair, but baby Lucy looks the same.

And I agree re Rachel and the icky picking at her eyes with her fingers.  Production - please give this woman a tissue.

I completely agree with what you say, some of the captured moments are so darn funny.  I will never forget Paul in his hip waders and how hilarious that was.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Not sure of her actual job but here are some good options for her:

1. Seat filler at funerals (to set the mood).

2. Health care worker whose job it is to break bad news to patients.

3. Sobby romantic movie reviewer. 

4.  High school guidance counselor that helps students on a path toward making good life decisions. Wait no, not that. 

5.  Comedian. Wait no... 

6.  A costumed character spreading joy at a theme park. Ok again no...

I guess I only have three real options.

7.  Kleenex tester.   Oh, wait, she doesn't use them when she cries.  So not that one either.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Not sure of her actual job but here are some good options for her:

1. Seat filler at funerals (to set the mood).

2. Health care worker whose job it is to break bad news to patients.

3. Sobby romantic movie reviewer. 

4.  High school guidance counselor that helps students on a path toward making good life decisions. Wait no, not that. 

5.  Comedian. Wait no... 

6.  A costumed character spreading joy at a theme park. Ok again no...

I guess I only have three real options.

She can be a mascara spokesperson. Curious as to what brand she uses because I think these last few episodes are evidence of a solid endorsement!

• Love 10

Can someone please explain why Rachel is encouraging Lucy to call Jon da-da? Is Lucy's bio dad in the picture?

And yes, gotta say it again - Lucy is just precious. 

Michael REALLY wants to get the the US doesn't he? I mean, he is pretty much debasing himself for that ticket. Kissing Georgia face ass, begging, pleading, explaining, lying, backtracking, groveling, watching Angela eat that cake with a spoon...

I sure hope it's worth it. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, snarkish said:

Good to know the way to tame the savage beast is with a giant scoop of cheap, lemon yellow frosting served off a serving spoon. 

Shouldn't that read "tame the savage breast"? I mean..MAGNAngela's Done Dragged Down (DDD) cups runneth over...over her thighs...or nearest table top to prop them upon. 

• Love 11