Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

What Mia said...What she really meant

I feel bad for Tristan....not really, I feel bad I got caught.

He's my rock...Tristan is the only one who is buying my bullshit... lock, stock and barrel.....

I have been more physical with him...I am stuck to him like a barnacle and with my fake trembling he thinks he is my protector...

Do I believe they had sex...no.

Why didn't she just leave the show?

We would forget about her PDQ.

Tristan would be given another chance for love on Married at First Sight Island... and her name would be a punchline.

Why does she want to be reminded constantly what a lying liar she is by Tristan, the experts, production crew and social media?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Not a Dave fan, but I think he was doing something he doesn't like & feels self conscious about with a camera crew filming & probably doing 100 takes.  They obviously were enjoying his discomfort, questioning him about it & doing close ups of his sweat (really? we can see it). I also get the feeling he's uncomfortable in front of the cameras, in general.

The nature of filming something stressful (the marriage & everything else required of them), is not everyone is going to shine under these circumstances.

I also can't stand the forced interactions between the couples, & in particular the nonsense 'acting' by them during the phone calls with Tristan & Mia. There's no doubt they knew what was up, or at least something about it.

The show is playing more than usual this season.

I agree with all of this!  But as a viewer this was the first time I have disliked Dave, and just thought he could have sucked it up.  Then go back to the room, take off your sweaty shirt and pants and jump in the private pool in your undies.  Sheesh.

• Love 4

I find myself liking Amber. More than I expected. Granted, it's not attractive to be puking in buckets when you're almost 40, but she seems pretty even keeled. I don't know what to make of Dave. Part of me wonders what the gym buddy said. Is it a case of my stalker ex girlfriend a la Mia, or is Dave just skeeved out by the fact that she and the gym douche practiced baby making? Imagine Tristan going to the same gym as Mia's ex, being cordial with him, and the gym buddy telling him about this crazy girl that's stalking him. And that crazy girl turned out to be his new wife. In that case, yeah, saying I wouldn't have been part of the experiment because of that would make sense. He does seem to be rather uptight and wound up and one who looks for an escape/searches for perceived faults.

Bobby and Danielle are so milquetoast and dull. They seem like the type to eat tuna casserole every Thursday and tell corny jokes or sit in silence while others are animated at dinner. That very well might work. I could've done without her, "We friggin' did it," announcement. Congratulations. It was a roll in the hay. Not winning a presidential election.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Mia said she had never been as physically intimate with anyone as she had with Tristan....snort!

Mia is...please, arms up to make air quotes with me..."a virgin" when she got married to Tristan.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I thought she was saying she’d never gotten physical *this soon* with someone- not that she was a virgin. It was kind of under her breath, because tears, but that was my take on it. 

Haha! My mind went to dirty. I never thought she was claiming to be a virgin or to have had sex too soon. I thought she let Tristan have ALL-ACCESS. She allowed him to do things no other man had ever done; she owed him, after all.? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I agree with all of this!  But as a viewer this was the first time I have disliked Dave, and just thought he could have sucked it up.  Then go back to the room, take off your sweaty shirt and pants and jump in the private pool in your undies.  Sheesh.

I've disliked him before. I understood his concerns but was pissed when he acted like Amber needed his forgiveness just because he has a Dallas Douche buddy she dated.  Given his age & millions of buddies he's on the wrong show; he needs to do a 90 Day Fiance so no one will have known his bride.

Amber will have to stick with her gym dancing classes since Dave can't handle the heat.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Bobby and Danielle are so milquetoast and dull. They seem like the type to eat tuna casserole every Thursday and tell corny jokes or sit in silence while others are animated at dinner. That very well might work. I could've done without her, "We friggin' did it," announcement. Congratulations. It was a roll in the hay. Not winning a presidential election.

Along with her other announcement reg. Bobby's size...  they had to grab the smelling salts for his mom after that TH.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

I find myself liking Amber. More than I expected. 

Me too, and now I'm worried about her. She's getting older and really wants to have kids, but this relationship is not going to work and she's going to have to start all over again.  Poor girl. 

But I've been wrong before (Danielle and Cody, Ryan and Jaci).  Although they eventually divorced.

• Love 1

I can’t make up my mind about Dave - sometimes he seems reasonable and normal, and sometimes he seems like a giant ass. I am going to give him a pass on the salsa dancing though because it is really hot and humid in Cancun and he was wearing pants, socks and sneakers in the middle of the day which is the absolutely wrong thing to wear in that climate. He had to be miserable on top of doing something the producers probably forced them to do.

As for Danielle and Bobby(are there really grown men who go by “Bobby”??!?!) ....I got nothing. Zzzzz

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

If someone broke up with me without explanation, would I bang on their door afterward saying, "Let me in! I need to talk to you"!??  I confess, I  probably would... once. But not 3 times! ...And if that 'ex' had left me with his credit card to use, would I use it just one more time, for revenge? No. Never. But maybe Mia would.

Really?  When I was in my 20s, and that happened to me, I would sit home and cry alone, or cry with friends.  I would never humiliate myself by calling the guy and demanding an explanation.  Even with MY lousy self-esteem, I never humiliated myself like that.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't put this all on Mia at all.  Folks here make it look like Mia's some kind of magical love goddess and men just lose their minds over her.  

I think Tristan is somewhat to blame because I'm sure that if Mia looked like say...Shawnice or Shelia, he wouldn't be so quick so say, "I'm in love." 

Mia may not be beautiful, but she has straight hair, light skin and more European than African features and that's what I think has snared Tristan.

Also, when you think about it, the experts gave everybody here exactly what they wanted.  

I can't see how this can't be on Mia when she is the one who told lie after lie,  It would have been far easier to tell the truth, especially after she got arrested.  That's 100% on her. 

Of course, Tristan bears responsibility and as you pointed out, he got exactly what he asked for.  Everyone has their own idea of a perfect mate and you really can't control who you love.  But less than a week after meeting her, a few days of which, she spent in jail, and then lied to him when she got out and he's in love?  Naw, player, I'm not buying that one.  

Who said men lose their minds over Mia?  I can't see that, but to each his own.   I don't think she's physically unattractive in the least bit, but she's no raving cover girl beauty, as defined by societal norms, either.  Looks aside, because that's not what defines a person, I take issue with her inability to tell the truth and that, to me, is not the least bit attractive.  Keeping it real, he's no prize his damn self and maybe he thinks that shes the best he can ever do.

There are plenty of women in the world who fit into his standard of beauty, the vast majority of whom have a moral compass that is far better calibrated than Mia's.  But he chose to stick it out with her and that's mind boggling to me at this stage in the "marriage."   The so-called experts gave him every opportunity to back out and even he said he can't forgive a liar;  yet, he chose to stay for some odd reason.  Whether that decision is right or wrong, or just staged for TV, it's still his decision and he has to live with it,  irregardless of misguided rationale.  However, if I were in his situation I would have been long gone.  

Edited by CafeAuLait
Grammar
  • Love 11

Tristan is not having his arm twisted to stay in the marriage. 

He was offered the door but chose to stay on the show.

Tristan has convinced himself that his higher power and Mia's higher power have brought them together...not the 3 dopes who sat in front of them in the studio with cameras filming.

The religious hypocrisy of Mia is cringe worthy.

The crocodile tears must stop....

• Love 11

Color me surprised that Amber is coming across as someone that is fairly game to try things and is somewhat laid back.  I figured she would be a high maintenance pain in the ass that would be my least favorite person this season.

Congratulations, Mia - - you get that award.  You are a lying liar who lies.  I understand why Tristan waited to hear what the warrant was for but he should have packed his bags and gone to Cancun solo to hang with the other couples after he found out she had been arrested for stalking and credit card fraud.  Dude, she lied to you in the beginning.  Not once, but at least twice.  That should be a deal breaker and, frankly, the "experts" should have told him so and arranged to have that marriage annulled for fraud.  And like @Neurochick, I think, said - - you're not fooling me either, MAFS.  We know that Tristan and Mia didn't go to Mexico because she wasn't allowed to leave the state. 

I'm confused as to why Tristan didn't at least call his buddies while he was waiting to hear what happened to Mia.  I get maybe not wanting to let your family in on it until you know what's happening and what will happen but you need your bros.  

I can't hate on Dave.  Yet.  When I was younger - - quite a bit younger - - I reacted the same way when I was uncomfortable doing something.  I think he was worried he'd look silly doing the dancing.  I get it.  At least he tried - - although I wish he had stuck it out until the very end.

Clearly the "experts" don't really push and prod about important lifestyle things like religion.  If they had, maybe Dave would have realized that it was more important than he thought.  Didn't the "experts" ask him if he was raised in the church?  And if so, why was or wasn't he going to church now and would that choice change in the future?  If he had kids, would he want them in the church?   Etc.  Of course these are the "experts" who didn't immediately get Tristan the hell away from Mia.

Right now, I would guess that Bobby and Danielle may be the only couple who make it.  They seem to be attracted to each other, are considerate of each other (I do have to give props to Bobby for being for considerate of Danielle with the height issue on day 1 and I had an ex who was the exact opposite with me) and may have the same basic goals.

I think Tristan and Mia are clearly doomed.  She's a liar and it wouldn't surprise me if Tristan finds out yet something else that she's lied about or neglected to tell him.  

I think Amber's previous hook up with Gym Guy will eventually eat away at Dave.  Knowing MAFS, we'll probably be treated to Dave running into the guy at the gym.

• Love 7

Just wanted to say-I really enjoy and value everyone's observations and comments.  My question is-why can we see the train wreck of Tristan and Mia, but the 'experts' can't?  Oh wait, I think I just answered my own question...

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

(I do have to give props to Bobby for being for considerate of Danielle with the height issue on day 1 and I had an ex who was the exact opposite with me) and may have the same basic goals.

I missed the height issue. Is Bobby shorter than she is?  Did he apologize for that?

I am glad I'm the only one who, despite many minutes of the "experts" talking to/pseudo-counseling Mia and Tristan, doesn't even understand the nonsense that is supposedly Mia's explanation.  She was on the rebound and... huh?  Tristan is stating that she came clean, but to me the waters are more muddied than ever, if I were solely relying on her "explanation." Coming clean means she would have said, "I went nuts after this guy and I broke up and I went to his house several times, to the point that he called the cops and I was charged with stalking. Oh, and I also charged a phone using his credit card number."  But of course, there's no way to look at all normal or innocent with that sort of past- so she's instead playing the sad little victim ("I've NEVER been arrested before!! So terrifying!") and hiding in Tristan's armpit. She's said more than once that he "makes her feel safe," which to me is just that he's an extension of her father, who protects and validates her constantly.  She has major, major issues and the experts, including a Psychologist, are just accepting her bland excuses and lies for the sake of a TV show. 

And another "expert," Pastor Cal, for whom spirituality and religious practices should be of utmost importance, skims over the fact that Dave is an admitted Christian whose values are a priority, and goes along with the match with Amber, who seems to fall somewhere in the agnostic range.  I do like Amber more than I'd have thought. She hasn't had any incidences where she seemed difficult, stuck in some weird phobia/fear like many of the people on this show (terrified of dogs, scared of heights, unwilling to open up, etc). She seems very likable and easygoing.  The only annoying thing is her baby-fever.  Girl, you don't have to mention everytime you're on camera that you want a baby yesterday.

I think they could shave at least 10 minutes off the show by stopping the talking heads that start with, "I got married at first sight because..."- everyone says the same thing. "I want to find a lifetime partner. I'm ready to settle down and have a family. I haven't found a person yet who ticks all my boxes." Blah,blah.  

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I missed the height issue. Is Bobby shorter than she is?  Did he apologize for that?

I am glad I'm the only one who, despite many minutes of the "experts" talking to/pseudo-counseling Mia and Tristan, doesn't even understand the nonsense that is supposedly Mia's explanation.  She was on the rebound and... huh?  Tristan is stating that she came clean, but to me the waters are more muddied than ever, if I were solely relying on her "explanation." Coming clean means she would have said, "I went nuts after this guy and I broke up and I went to his house several times, to the point that he called the cops and I was charged with stalking. Oh, and I also charged a phone using his credit card number."  But of course, there's no way to look at all normal or innocent with that sort of past- so she's instead playing the sad little victim ("I've NEVER been arrested before!! So terrifying!") and hiding in Tristan's armpit. She's said more than once that he "makes her feel safe," which to me is just that he's an extension of her father, who protects and validates her constantly.  She has major, major issues and the experts, including a Psychologist, are just accepting her bland excuses and lies for the sake of a TV show. 

And another "expert," Pastor Cal, for whom spirituality and religious practices should be of utmost importance, skims over the fact that Dave is an admitted Christian whose values are a priority, and goes along with the match with Amber, who seems to fall somewhere in the agnostic range.  I do like Amber more than I'd have thought. She hasn't had any incidences where she seemed difficult, stuck in some weird phobia/fear like many of the people on this show (terrified of dogs, scared of heights, unwilling to open up, etc). She seems very likable and easygoing.  The only annoying thing is her baby-fever.  Girl, you don't have to mention everytime you're on camera that you want a baby yesterday.

I think they could shave at least 10 minutes off the show by stopping the talking heads that start with, "I got married at first sight because..."- everyone says the same thing. "I want to find a lifetime partner. I'm ready to settle down and have a family. I haven't found a person yet who ticks all my boxes." Blah,blah.  

No Kate.  Danielle has an issue with heights - - she's afraid of heights.  On day 1, I think, of the honeymoon, Bobby stayed with her when she was panicking while Amber and Dave went ahead.

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I think Amber's previous hook up with Gym Guy will eventually eat away at Dave.  Knowing MAFS, we'll probably be treated to Dave running into the guy at the gym.

Oh, you KNOW, Dr Pepper is at the Lifetime gym right now with a picture of Amber, asking men, "have you had sex with this woman?" All to force a chance meeting.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I've disliked him before. I understood his concerns but was pissed when he acted like Amber needed his forgiveness just because he has a Dallas Douche buddy she dated.  Given his age & millions of buddies he's on the wrong show; he needs to do a 90 Day Fiance so no one will have known his bride.

Amber will have to stick with her gym dancing classes since Dave can't handle the heat.

I gave him a pass for that bit because it felt like he was responding to Amber's "Are you upset?  Will it bother you?  Can you get over it?"

29 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Oh, you KNOW, Dr Pepper is at the Lifetime gym right now with a picture of Amber, asking men, "have you had sex with this woman?" All to force a chance meeting.

Haha you're so right! Hahahahaha!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I can’t make up my mind about Dave - sometimes he seems reasonable and normal, and sometimes he seems like a giant ass. I am going to give him a pass on the salsa dancing though because it is really hot and humid in Cancun and he was wearing pants, socks and sneakers in the middle of the day which is the absolutely wrong thing to wear in that climate. He had to be miserable on top of doing something the producers probably forced them to do.

I'm in the same boat reg. Dave. I did not like the way he approached Amber about her dating a buddy of his... again I totally understand that he might have issues with it but it was his attitude that bothered me.

I was giving him a pass on the dancing as well. Then in thinking about it I again understand but he's in his late 30s & could have pulled it together better for camera time at least. Can he handle things that might be stressful (that aren't comfortable for him, i.e. other than work), without having a mini tantrum, because if not she's going to be the grown up in the relationship & that will be a problem.

It's just interesting conjecture at this point with him/them.

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I was thinking IF this is to become an issue with them, the show definitely knows who this guy is... good chance they knew before these two were even matched. 

Or the whole thing could disappear for other 'drama'.

Bobby & Danielle continue to creep me out... he looks like he's married to his older sister.

• Love 2

Bobby would probably marry his mother rather than his sister...very Bates Motel.

Mailman Bobby also has a fear of heights but he used Danielle’s fear as a cover for his wanting to quit venturing into the  cenote. But they conquered the ruin together....yay!

The Blands are so boring my fingers fell asleep writing this post. Zzzzzzzz

Amber is tuned into Dave.

He recognizes she is knows how to diffuse his temper tantrums and when to just let him pout.

Yes, the filming of the salsa lesson probably went on too long in real time but that’s show biz.

Team Amber.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I was giving him a pass on the dancing as well. Then in thinking about it I again understand but he's in his late 30s & could have pulled it together better for camera time at least. Can he handle things that might be stressful (that aren't comfortable for him, i.e. other than work), without having a mini tantrum, because if not she's going to be the grown up in the relationship & that will be a problem.

I see what you're saying, and it's not super mature, but did you see how sweaty his back was??? He had to miserable. I did get a laugh out of
Amber's ineffectual dabbing as if that tiny napkin could absorb the bucket of sweat on his shirt! Now I can't believe I'm make excuses for this guy - what am I doing???!?? I guess time will tell......either way, Amber is a champ.

I can sum up Bobby and Danielle thus far in one paragraph: You're pretty. No, you're pretty. You're perfect. No, you're perfect. Will you stay home and take care of our kids? No. Okay. I'm afraid of heights. So am I. You're so brave. No, you are! Let's slide down a historical landmark on our butts. We friggin did it!!!

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I see what you're saying, and it's not super mature, but did you see how sweaty his back was??? He had to miserable. I did get a laugh out of
Amber's ineffectual dabbing as if that tiny napkin could absorb the bucket of sweat on his shirt! Now I can't believe I'm make excuses for this guy - what am I doing???!?? I guess time will tell......either way, Amber is a champ.

I agree she's handling him well - hope she doesn't have to keep those kid gloves on all the time, though.  Walking on eggshells can be tricky too.

11 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I can sum up Bobby and Danielle thus far in one paragraph: You're pretty. No, you're pretty. You're perfect. No, you're perfect. Will you stay home and take care of our kids? No. Okay. I'm afraid of heights. So am I. You're so brave. No, you are! Let's slide down a historical landmark on our butts. We friggin did it!!!

At some point Bobby might wake in the middle of the night having eyebrow nightmares... then, sadly, it may all fall apart.

• Love 1

I'm rooting for the Blands...

I want Danielle and Bobby to be my neighbors...bring out and back my garbage cans when I am on vacation.

Bobby would come running with a shotgun when someone is home invading my house....

I would have treats for their dogs when I see them on their walks...Hi Nell, Hi Henry.

The Blands keep their yard tidy and is the nice young couple you like living across the street.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Really?  When I was in my 20s, and that happened to me, I would sit home and cry alone, or cry with friends.  I would never humiliate myself by calling the guy and demanding an explanation.  Even with MY lousy self-esteem, I never humiliated myself like that.

It never actually happened to me, so maybe I would react just like you did. I had plenty of break-ups, but always with some kind of explanation (even if I didn't agree). I'd like to think that, if I had been really "into" someone and he had broken up with me with no explanation at all, I would have gone there and asked him for one

[It's irrelevant to me at this point, anyway, since hubby and I have been happily married and monogamous for 42 years.]

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

At some point Bobby might wake in the middle of the night having eyebrow nightmares... then, sadly, it may all fall apart.

Well, to be fair, Danielle might wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares she married a "Daddy's boy" (Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt anyone?) with terrible 90's hair ;-p

I do agree with whoever said he looked better with the hat on when they were on the plane. If I had to "do it" with Bobby, I think he would have to leave the hat on for the duration.......

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Well, to be fair, Danielle might wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares she married a "Daddy's boy" (Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt anyone?) with terrible 90's hair ;-p

I do agree with whoever said he looked better with the hat on when they were on the plane. If I had to "do it" with Bobby, I think he would have to leave the hat on for the duration.......

I'm weird but I have no issues with Bobby's hair or look; he's preppy cute. He's young & he damn well looks, well, very young. I think he will grow into his looks, so to speak.

They look like they could be related... the two just don't 'look right' together. Her overdone eye makeup doesn't help anything & is very distracting.  Her real face is probably much better looking but she's keeping it a mystery.

His mommy/daddy issues remain to be seen; could be big problems coming or made up story lines for drama - guess we'll see.  We already know she has parent issues but glad to see she left the nest to seek what she wanted; hope the TV personalities 'experts' found it for her.

Edited by gonecrackers
strikeout correction
  • Love 4

My two cents... 

Bobby/Danielle - It has been mentioned, but at the very end of the episode, there was a short clip of them on the plane.  Bobby had on a baseball hat and maybe a t-shirt.  I didn't recognize him at first!!  He's kinda cute when he stops wearing his hair as his mom taught him!  I kinda got why Danielle is into him in that moment.  Also, I think we all need to remember how much this show is spliced and diced.  I am choosing to believe that Danielle is NOT mentioning kids constantly (nor is Amber).  The show is just being edited to make it seem as though she doesn't think of much else.  But otherwise, I am as creeped out or bored as everyone else...

Amber/Dave - His attitude in the TH after salsa dancing was such a change of demeanor.  Hopefully, it was just an off moment.  Otherwise, this is going to get rocky.  But man, he was so sweaty.  I would have been really self-conscious too.  Humility would have served him well in that moment.  

Tristan/Mia - What a trainwreck.  I think @Neurochick said it best.  I think the experts are giving her enough rope to hang herself.  Somewhere I read/heard an expert say that they knew she was lying.  They weren't believing anything she was throwing down.  As far as Jessica's interview went, I don't think she could have pushed Mia much harder.  Mia is nothing like Molly.  Molly was staunch and would push back to Jessica.  Mia would/did fold like a bag of chips.  I actually think Jessica took the better tactic, build a therapeutic relationship, build trust and hope she comes clean on her own.  It doesn't make for the best TV, but Mia is far too emotional, fake tears and all, to be confrontational.  What is more alarming are their proclamations of love.... ??. Tristan seems less intelligent and more of a rube with each episode.  

But I haven't read the "Spoilers" thread since this episode, so maybe I'm off on everything!!  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Just wanted to say-I really enjoy and value everyone's observations and comments.  My question is-why can we see the train wreck of Tristan and Mia, but the 'experts' can't?  Oh wait, I think I just answered my own question...

The experts can and so can the producers.

In many jobs, you can't just fire someone just like that.  If you do, you open yourself up to lawsuits.  I worked in a place where someone probably committed fraud, meaning they lied about their abilities.  But they could not be fired because it would open us up to a discrimination lawsuit.  What happened was, we got all our ducks in order, to make sure no lawsuit could happen, an then fired her.

Another issue is her ex might now want to get involved and who can blame him?  So Mia is free to say, "it was just a misunderstanding" or something like that, and if the ex won't talk then it's just her word. 

Right now, Tristan is mesmerized by Mia's looks but looks fade and eventually Tristan will kick Mia to the curb, before the 8 weeks are up and there's no way she can bring any type of lawsuit.

• Love 3

At least everyone is having sex now. Can you imagine Jon from last season enduring 6 weeks of hell and not even getting a sniff?

I feel for Tristan, I think he's a sincere man with a good heart but now that he's had sex with her it might make an annulment a bit more difficult. Mia's credibility is gone. Her first impression is she a liar and probably a stalker. 

Dave and Amber seem to be able to work things out but they may have too many issues to work out. I wonder if they used any protection when having sex because she wants a family yesterday. Wanting children is a reason to marry but if it becomes THE reason then the husband becomes a sperm donor and child provider and little else. Who cares how much he sweats? 

What's up with the TV crew not saying a word ( about Tristan and Mia) to the other couples and letting them find out on their own? I assume that was a decision made but I think they would have been better advised to apprise the other couples of the situation at least all their knowledge of it so it appears they are being transparent. As it is it appears they are hiding it. 

Danielle and Bobby are enjoying their honey moon if nothing else. Now we shall see about real life. 

Edited by DrewPaul2010
Clarification
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, krbr51 said:

Amber/Dave - His attitude in the TH after salsa dancing was such a change of demeanor.  Hopefully, it was just an off moment.  Otherwise, this is going to get rocky.  But man, he was so sweaty.  I would have been really self-conscious too.  Humility would have served him well in that moment.  

I sweat like that under those circumstances so I would have been prepared with towels and a couple of t-shirts to change into. 

• Love 1

The more I watch, the more I am on Team Amber. She needs someone with a sense of humor. Dave is not that person.

Favorite quote from Child Bobby: "When whatever happens, happens, it happens."

Danielle's eyebrows stay on in the shower! Amazing!

Mia is a lying liar who lies. "It makes perfect sense why Mia's story changed over time," Dr. Jessica? Really?

My closed captioning is entertaining me with multiple "[ominous chord strikes]." Oh, wait, a "suspenseful" chord just struck during Tristan's meeting with Pastor Cal.

My daughter is deaf so we have CC on all the time. Sometimes the word is bleeped in audio but not CC. It makes you realize how manipulative the show is. I wish I had a sound maker like that at home so when I confront my kids or my wife an ominous chord plays. How about an erotic chord strikes in love scenes? 

• Love 3
On 8/1/2018 at 8:51 AM, SkaterMcSkateyFace said:

Did anyone else catch Mia talking about "making it up to him" because she made Tristan miss the honeymoon in Mexico?  I guess we all know now what she meant by that....

I don't blame Tristan for staying with her as much as I blame the experts.  He wants it to work out, and probably doesn't want to be embarrassed by having to tell everyone he knows that he was hooked up with a criminal and they didn't even make it a week.  He really didn't have any good options here.  I just hope they paid him well for staying.  And unfortunately, he'll find out the hard way that he should have gotten out when he had the chance, even though it would have been tough to face his friends and family.  

The "experts", on the other hand, are all complete jerks.  Especially Dr. Jessica...I couldn't believe all the excuses she was making for Mia, and how easily she let her off the hook for her criminal activity.  Not to mention the fact that Mia had lied to them (not just Tristan) when she claimed the charges were completely false.  Dr. Jessica should have been a criminal defense attorney, since she clearly sucks at this job.  I couldn't believe that 3 well-educated adults were so eager to accept her side of the story; they made themselves look completely ridiculous for just accepting her lame explanations and moving Mia and Tristan along in their marriage.  Now they have a clean start for the next episode.  I have a feeling this is the last time we'll hear much about it until the reunion special, and I guess we're all supposed to just forgive and forget...

I'm not sure if they're all complete jerks or if they're sincerely attempting to patch things if humanly possible. Is everyone assuming she is involved and the charges haven't been dropped? I didn't hear anything further about whether the charges were dropped. If not this issue won't go away and I don't it can either way. The first time there is a conflict in their marriage Tristan is going to recall this episode or he will continue to wonder if she is lying or not. One thing I have against the premise of MAFS is everyone has something no marriage needs...a built in reason to end it. They have a built in reason that they didn't pick their spouse. Tristan now has two built in reasons...

If the show ended today...

Tristan wouldn't marry Mia the other two couples would. 

• Love 1

Tristan's fake levity grates on my nerves...his fake laugh...ugh.

If Tristan had stalked an ex being cited 3 times plus committed credit card fraud on her account, would he be treated like a fragile wounded kitten like Mia?

Nope.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15

What if Amber found out that Dave was the dirty hound dog that slept with her friend from dance class at her Lifetime gym location...would she quickly dismiss him?

No, Amber gets that men have sexual pasts and what a gf says while drinking wine after dance class isn't going to paint and old boyfriend in the best light....

Dave's band of brothers should be  clearing the path at the gym by having a friendly chat with the gym dude...

Letting him know that bad mouthing Amber isn't going to be cool anymore now that she  has all of them having her back...

• Love 2

The band of brothers' wives should be welcoming Amber with arms wide open...

They must be sick of their husbands having to play basketball with Dave a couple times a week...how about going to our kids' soccer games?

Having to figure out who will take Dave for the major holidays...I had Dave for Thanksgiving ...who will take him for Christmas Eve?

Dave is the creepy family friend "Uncle Dave" at the kids' birthday parties, dance recitals, kindergarten graduation.

Amber can make these problems go away...Aunt Amber to the rescue.

• Love 6
On 8/1/2018 at 11:26 PM, Blissfool said:

Haha! My mind went to dirty. I never thought she was claiming to be a virgin or to have had sex too soon. I thought she let Tristan have ALL-ACCESS. She allowed him to do things no other man had ever done; she owed him, after all.? 

My exact thoughts. Lol

ETA I remember in one of the talks with Jamie(afterbuzz or ?) that it was said they had the candidates they were matching to share photo's of ex's. I think to get a better understanding of their type. I wonder if Mia shared the guy she stalked and if Amber shared gym guy? 

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2018 at 2:40 PM, Matty said:

Dave is just a broey bro. Starting with inviting his bros to the wedding brunch instead of his family. He may have issues with his parents but he seems like the type that only wants to hang with the bros. He hangs out at the gym and discusses other bros sexual exploits with chicks, man. Hence he knew about Amber and this other bro from a couple years ago and what went down with them. That he can't take. It's a real blow to his ego. He doesn't seem fun or like he is able to laugh at himself. He's tense and on edge. He hated the salsa dancing because it wasn't a manly activity. He's done. He's just going through the motions. Sorry, Amber. You're going to have to find someone else to have babies with.

I hope she isn't already pregnant.  Oh, wait! Maybe that would be the perfect solution. Dave, the broey bro, would be the legal father as well as the sperm donor, but he wouldn't be around all the time to influence how his kids see women, family, and 'bros'.

What to say about Mia? She's a lying liar and fakey fake to boot. The stalking and credit card fraud are bad enough but she's still lying. When she told Tristan that she didn't know who the guy was and that her stuff was stolen she lied with such ease. Didn't faze her at all. She's a pathological liar. I'm sure she's enabled by her Daddy who spoils her, bails her out of jams, and tells her she is special. The religious act is fake too. She's a hot mess. I hope Tristan is happy with his fifteen minutes of fame by choosing to stay on the remainder of this season's train wreck and opts for divorce at the end of the eight weeks.

I think we're pretty much all on the same page about that. Tristan was crazy to stay. She's a hot mess, crazy enough to do something criminal (but she probably won't do time for it). Maybe Tristan is getting great sex. I hope so.

I think, mostly, Tristan seems to enjoy the role of loyal protectorShe 'hides' like a little child, smothering her face up against his chest in a pseudo-hug, and he loves it.

"Bobby and Danielle. Danielle is going to get bored with him as soon as the show ends. The marriage may last a few months at that."

I guess I must be the only one who really likes Bobby and Danielle. Regardless of how imperfect their clothing and makeup may be, or how boring they may seem, they appear to be smitten with each other, happy to think of spending their lives together.  I find that refreshing.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I guess I must be the only one who really likes Bobby and Danielle. Regardless of how imperfect their clothing and makeup may be, or how boring they may seem, they appear to be smitten with each other, happy to think of spending their lives together.  I find that refreshing.

To me, they both seem like teens first dating, so, maybe a bit too smitten, as in it's all so perfect, smitten.  We'll see when one falls off the throne of perfection how the other one reacts, because a good marriage is dealing with reality together (not reality TV...).

• Love 4
On 7/31/2018 at 7:42 PM, ECM1231 said:

His surname is Flaherty, which is Irish. Historically, many Irish-Americans have been Roman Catholic, but it is anybody's guess.

But if he were a devout Catholic, being married by someone other than a Catholic priest is not recognized as a marriage by the church.  

But hey!  maybe the explains the absence of his family at the breakfast...were they at the wedding?

Edited by lazylou
  • Love 1

Amber & Dave:  In the second episode they made it a point, and repeated several times that they waited until the honeymoon to have sex. (methinks you dost protest too much) It was obvious that they did it the night of their wedding. It is a pretty tough situation for Dave, with the former boyfriend/gym/friend thing, but I really don't care for him. IMO there's a snowball's chance that they stay together. When they were talking about religion, he suggestively asked if that would be a deal-breaker.

Danielle & Bobby:  Bobby seems like a nice guy. He's very conservative & traditional, but as someone else said, he's wrapped rather tightly, and I can easily see him turning into a major control freak with Danielle. I think she is wisely taking it slow. I guess they can last as long as he has some flexability. 

Mia & Tristan:  My first impressions of them were, like, wow, they seem soooo immature & childish. After the wedding they were both giggling like schoolchildren.  At first Mia seemed demure & sweet, and the last person I would expect to be in trouble with the law, but I'm now in agreement with everyone here that she is shady. Tristan is ok, but when he was talking to the Rev, saying how painful it's been for him, and how much he loves Mia, I just rolled my eyes. They would both be served to exit stage left and leave this experiment behind...the sooner the better. 

• Love 3

Dave's parents were in the front row of "his " side of the ceremony seating.

Amber refers to talking to them at the reception and wanting to see them at the family brunch.

Dave didn't want them to be at the brunch so he got the bros to come instead.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

"Bobby and Danielle. Danielle is going to get bored with him as soon as the show ends. The marriage may last a few months at that."

Count me as one of Bobby & Danielle's fans.  I don't care if they are boring.  I think they are cute together.  You have to have some hope...this season is like pulling into a dirty truck stop.  One look at the menu and you are not impressed.  You try to remain optimistic...until you find a surprise in the bathroom stall.  And just that fast you're ready to flush it all away until the next season.  

• Love 6

A person falsely arrested would act totally different. They would not even say "when I was arrested at the airport" They would say "when I was falsely arrested at the airport!" And would say "I was so stressed out getting falsely arrested when I'm totally innocent, it was really stressful, I did nothing!" She did not say one thing along those lines, it really struck me if you were arrested and detained for 2 days when you are completely innocent, that would be the focus of every conversation and it isn't.  It is not at all! I would be pissed off if I never stalked anyone or used their credit cards and this happened. Also I would be saying Can we get a lawyer and sue him for defamation of character as this was filmed on TV and  I am innocent and he made all of this up?!
Nope.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

A person falsely arrested would act totally different. They would not even say "when I was arrested at the airport" They would say "when I was falsely arrested at the airport!" And would say "I was so stressed out getting falsely arrested when I'm totally innocent, it was really stressful, I did nothing!" She did not say one thing along those lines, it really struck me if you were arrested and detained for 2 days when you are completely innocent, that would be the focus of every conversation and it isn't.  It is not at all! I would be pissed off if I never stalked anyone or used their credit cards and this happened. Also I would be saying Can we get a lawyer and sue him for defamation of character as this was filmed on TV and  I am innocent and he made all of this up?!
Nope.

That's true.  If your honeymoon was ruined by a mistaken identity (that lasted 2 days), you'd immediately get an attorney to explore any possible lawsuits.  Even if the attorney said you'd never win, you'd at least talk along those lines. 

• Love 5

The outrage over Mia's arrest was nonexistent ... insert cricket sounds here.....

Where was her father, Indar? Her sister?

Why didn't he rush to DFW to save his precious daughter's honor or is he just worried about the area below her Mason Dixon Line?

Don't think Ameea called Dad...her sister was probably confused why she wasn't answering her phone for the 2 days she was incarcerated....

The Ballys know exactly what Mia's been up to, stalking and doing stupid things in a small town...there are no secrets since Mia's sister is in the same friends group..

• Love 8
20 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

My daughter is deaf so we have CC on all the time. Sometimes the word is bleeped in audio but not CC. It makes you realize how manipulative the show is. I wish I had a sound maker like that at home so when I confront my kids or my wife an ominous chord plays. How about an erotic chord strikes in love scenes? 

Our CC says "Bloop. Clap." at the intro...lol!

That's the most interesting thing I have to say this week. What a snooze these couples are. Even Tristan and Mia bore me, her lies and his fake concern are SO obvious.

• Love 2