Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Road to World Class Begins

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I won't be able to watch the episode until tomorrow because I cut the cable several years ago (long story short: Comcast kept raising my cable rates so I dropped to the lowest package I could get and still have the channels I wanted, I got one month at the new rate, then Comcast raised my rate right back to where it had been before.  Since I knew it was likely to keep going up, I returned the hardware and cut cable entirely).  I can't even watch it on any CMT platform because they require one to log in with one's cable provider (which I don't have and Comcast isn't on there anyways).   Besides, I REALLY like spoilers (don't tell River Song I said that). 

• Love 2

Highlights before the first commercial break- 400 applications this year, not in the chairs. Shelly has been featured with Dayton, Shelly walking around with Nick checking in with people warming up. 

"My mom struggled with her weight when she was a cheerleader so that's something I'm going to be conscious of." Cut to Victoria with Cowboys Fit, bragging about $20,000 dance scholarship from middle school. I really tried not to look anything up before the show on her but we're not even 15 minutes in and I'm done!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

Kelly: “normally, our squad is 36 so at least 13 of you will make this team” 

shes never worded it like that so maybe they really are taking a bigger team!

She could also be referring to the fact that the vets may not all make it back

• Love 6
Just now, DCCroutineFAN said:

Well um I dont know what to think yet. MRS hair looks great! Nick is a good choice to judge since he knows dance!

Agreed. Nick > Anthony

• Love 16

I’m sorry you guys, but I have a huge VK crush. She is a high school girl with Ana amazing dance background who happens to be a legacy. I’m going to let her dance speak for her and try to ignore the high schooler that she is. If she was 28, sure I’d be like really girl but c’mon. I think she is allowed to be excited for 1) following her mom’s footsteps and 2) addressing the weight of being a legacy. I’m glad CMT got it out of the way because that’s all we would talk about if they DIDN’T show her at all. Just get it over with. 

Please, no sob stories!!! Just let them dance. Please stop making Kelli walk across the field. She is in heels and is the Queen of Dallas. Let her be driven by the fanciest DCC cart. Now—Show us the audition process. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I’m sorry you guys, but I have a huge VK crush. She is a high school girl with Ana amazing dance background who happens to be a legacy. I’m going to let her dance speak for her and try to ignore the high schooler that she is. If she was 28, sure I’d be like really girl but c’mon. I think she is allowed to be excited for 1) following her mom’s footsteps and 2) addressing the weight of being a legacy. I’m glad CMT got it out of the way because that’s all we would talk about if they DIDN’T show her at all. Just get it over with. 

Please, no sob stories!!! Just let them dance. Please stop making Kelli walk across the field. She is in heels and is the Queen of Dallas. Let her be driven by the fanciest DCC cart. Now—Show us the audition process. 

I think she’s adorable. 

• Love 7
Just now, DCCroutineFAN said:

Someone please explain to me what the yes no maybe system is again???

Heh. Yes if it looks like Charlotte or Kelli like them. No if they have any kind of muffin top, or are devoid of a relatable backstory, or are just crazy.  Maybe if you’re on the panel for a paycheck and don’t give a damn, or you’re too afraid of the other judges to make a decision.

• Love 11
Just now, ClosetBachJunkie said:

It was nice to see Kelli address what all of us have been saying, that Brennan should have been chosen over certain *ahem* others.

“Attrition” is probably the politest word she could come up with. 

1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm team Brennan. 

I'm sure it was what they showed of VK, but her audition didn't wow me. Kelli said she showed power, but I saw a hot mess. To be fair, Dayton's turns were weak too. 

I thought VK looked good! Dayton is beautiful, but she’ll need to show some POP soon.

Who is the curly blonde who cheered in Portland? She’s gorgeous.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

It was nice to see Kelli address what all of us have been saying, that Brennan should have been chosen over certain *ahem* others.

Brennan and Tayrn got screwed last year...it's sad Kelli couldn't reverse her decisions. 

• Love 5

Titans Bri looks great, OU Riley is cute but probably not DCC glam, Daphne has perfect kicks to the nose/love the backstory of not making the UCLA dance team and coming back to become captain. Lindsay Brady from TCU is perfect. Meredith's eyes are beautiful!!! 

I hope Erin has more power, I know that clip was short but it was soft. It wasn't choreographed so I hope she makes it this year. Brennan looked the strongest out of the Erin/Madeline/Brennan clip. Madeline looked more mature but her technique looked shaky- her foot was flexed before she kicked it to her nose. 

• Love 5

I don’t care about the bad dancers! Grrr show the ones who are bad ass and blow everyone out of the water. Also, some people want to try out just to try out. Ugh leave them be ALSO I think the slowing down of Kelly P’s dancing was wrong. She is a lovely dancer. CMT is wrong. 

• Love 4

I want to shake them and say “maybe if you put Brennan on the team, she wouldn’t be terrified!”

Interesting that they all liked a pageant girl; a Miss America runner-up. In the past, they have expressed a bias against the Pageant Personality. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I think because she works with so many of the girls before auditions, she wouldn't be able to be impartial.

She usually sits on the Show Group panel, but I haven’t seen her do any audition judging.

6 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Not even finished with episode 1 and I’m already tired of having VK shoved down my throat. Show some of the other girls instead of always resorting back to talking to her or featuring her!! 

I am thinking CMT is trolling us big time. They have to!! There’s hundreds of dancers, they don’t have to show her but ??‍♀️ 

• Love 5

I really wish they would speed through auditions and give us prelim and semi's in the same episode. Too much VK---if she continues to move forward I'm gonna need CMT to dial her down to like a 2 because I can't handle anymore of her. Dayton has a sense of humor which was cute---poor Shelly, she probably had a mini heart attack. Page needs to rethink her outfit choice if she comes back next year. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I don’t care about the bad dancers! Grrr show the ones who are bad ass and blow everyone out of the water. Also, some people want to try out just to try out. Ugh leave them be ALSO I think the slowing down of Kelly P’s dancing was wrong. She is a lovely dancer. CMT is wrong. 

They can’t do that anymore because Holly left!

• Love 7

I already like Malena and Jalyn.

We are going to get so much VK this season. They gave her a long (the 1st of mamy segments) before the 3 min. mark. After Cassie, I'm confused as why they think this heavy-handed edit will go over well.

So far, Dayton has been treated fairly.

I AM SO HAPPY THEY HAVE NICK FLORES AS A JUDGE. Every other judge is over 50. He's young and a trained dancer. 

• Love 12