Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: When the Saints Go Marching In 2018.08.01

Wow - I did not think they'd do it. Was expecting a twist...a magical save right up to the end.

The Kol/Klaus hug got me teary. Just the look on Kol's face.

Good stuff...bad stuff. Thought it was a good finale overall. But...I really did not think it would end that way.

I sail the one-man ship that is Vincent x Freya so the idea of them and Keelin having a baby together gives me so many feels. ?

Other than that, I have to process what I feel about the finale because the confirmed spoilers kind of took the edge off my reaction. 

• Love 1

I am so happy mass murderer Klaus finally bit the dust, literally. And, of course, Elijah had to die in the most Stefan Salvatore way they could muster.

Also, did Thanos kill them? The special effect looked very familiar.

• Love 5

I think It is not okay for a show to end with two brothers committing suicide.  This is a teen (ish) show.  SUICIDE IS NOT ROMANTIC OR COOL.  The CW/Showrunners don't seem to care what message they are sending, I guess.  

• Love 9

Not BOTH! That's all I muttered as I cried through the last 10 minutes. Now I wish it had  ended last season. Not watching Legacies. You gave us Delena and the wrong brother died on TVD and now you killed my Elijah and Klaus. God knows what you'd do to any Legacies characters I might actually like. I'm done Plec.

And fine. I'll admit I'm a Klaroline fan so I'm pissed. And I just read that Plec didn't want to dishonor Sterolines memory by having her travel the world with Klaus like she originally envisioned. And I didn't care at all about Steroline so that's even more awesome to me.  I was really enjoying this spinoff and this ending ruined it for me.  Ugh. Not signing up for any more of this universe. 

Edited by MissL
More thoughts
  • Love 1

I’m used to this show not caring about their own mythology and cannon history but how about  logic, maybe? 

They BOTH have to die? Why, cause they’re codependent? I mean don’t get me wrong they both deserve to bite it, but this isn’t “honorable”. If Hope is the most important thing, shouldn’t one of those dum dums stick around to be there for her? Also growth would be showing one of them being able to live without the other one.

Atleast this means I won’t be tempted to watch Legacies with these 2 dead. 

Oh... and.... Klefan 4 Eva!!

They’re totally knocking boots in the afterlife.

Edited by GraceAnne
  • Love 6

Finally, Klaus is dead.  To bad Elijah couldn't follow through way back in Season Two of TVD.  So many innocent people would still be alive.

Caroline hasn't met her true love yet, and Stefan, Klaus and Tyler can watch, from the afterlife, her be happy with someone else.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ketose said:

Also, did Thanos kill them? The special effect looked very familiar.

LMAO! I thought the exact same thing!! 

Anyway, I cried my heart out the last half hour. I have always preferred this show over Vampire Diaries so I am going to miss it terribly. I will probably give Legacies a look to see if it's worth watching. It's funny how I used to watch so many shows on this network that are long gone, Smallville, One Tree Hill, Charmed, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Reign, Angel and Dawson's Creek. The only two left that I watch are Supernatural and The Flash. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ursula said:

I sail the one-man ship that is Vincent x Freya so the idea of them and Keelin having a baby together gives me so many feels. ?

Other than that, I have to process what I feel about the finale because the confirmed spoilers kind of took the edge off my reaction. 

I haven't seen the episode yet.. But does that mean the baby will be part wolf.. Or a super witch.. Which mother plans to carry the baby... Also I was always on the Vincent x Freya ship.... I thought they worked well and had that "chemistry " that ppl are always talking about.. Tho that may just be Vincent.. Dude is great with annoying everyone... Plus I'll never get over how Keelin was introduced... Kidnapped, tortured to then fall in love.. Just felt gross

• Love 6

For once, Klaus decides to do something selfless and actually helpful but Elijah and Hope decide that the best thing to do is for Klaus, an invincible unkillable hybrid who has a hair trigger temper and a desperate need for vengeance for the slightest offense, should stay alive with the hollow inside of him. Okay, guys. GREAT idea.

Kol was the only one with any sense, refusing to get sucked into, as he put it, the toxic codependent thing they call a family. It makes sense that Kol would just go home to Davina since we know that "always and forever" really only applied to Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah. As Kol pointed out when he was dying, they never really included him in that, so why should he be that upset that one of the siblings who always treated him like shit is finally going to die? In point of fact, Kol reminded Rebekah that Klaus has daggered them countless times so it's not at all surprising that Kol is fine with his dickishly abusive older brother finally dying.

The somewhat hilarious irony is that when Elijah told Klaus he should at least say goodbye to Hope and the rest of the family, Klaus said no and "let me do this my way." Let's be real, Klaus. Almost everything that has happened between you and your siblings over the past thousand years was done YOUR way because whenever your siblings dared to disagree with you or show interest in anyone but you, you daggered them. I believe that everyone should get to decide if they want to die, but it's laughable that Klaus is trying to pretend that he didn't get his way ALL THE TIME when it comes to his siblings. It was always "my way or the highway" (or, more accurately, the coffin for a few decades) with him.

I had to roll my eyes when Klaus tried to tell Elijah that he couldn't possibly understand what it's like to love someone so much that you can't bear to see them in pain. Yes, Klaus, like every new parent you seem to think that you're the only one who has ever felt this way. And gee, Elijah couldn't possibly understand what it's like to make sacrifices in an effort to help someone you love. He definitely hasn't done that for you, even after you killed however many women he's loved.

I also love how whenever something like this happens (meaning something that has NEVER happened before), someone is always so quick to come up with a timeline. A few days ago, they somehow decided that Hope was going to die in a day or two. Now that the hollow is in Klaus, Freya used magical math to decide that Klaus will go crazy and be a danger to all of them in a few hours.

Poor Freya - first Vincent said he was going out of town and deliberately missing her wedding and now he's telling her that he's leaving New Orleans forever. Despite this, I wish Freya hadn't guilt tripped him into staying. He wanted to leave New Orleans, so she should have let him.

I am not here for any Klaus/Caroline romance. It's the series finale so as much as I miss TVD, I don't need them throwing some of that leftover romance stuff from a million years ago.

That said, I'm glad that she told him to say goodbye to Hope. He was willing to give up his immortal life to technically save her life, but he wasn't willing to save her emotional life by giving her closure and allowing her to say goodbye to him, something that she didn't get when her mother died.

I loved that he FINALLY admitted that he didn't love his siblings unconditionally. His love for them was always conditional upon their obedience.

Awwww, the huge smile on Elijah's face when he saw Rebekah and Marcel together was so sweet. We have so rarely seen Elijah look genuinely happy so it's always so great to see those moments.

Even though we didn't hear what they were saying, I am so glad that they got to film that scene of the family sitting around drinking, not so much for the plot but for the actors to have the opportunity to be together one last time. Hee and I loved that Rebekah used the opportunity to have another wish burning.

When Klaus apologized to Rebekah for getting in the way of her happiness and then she said he didn't have to apologize, I was like nooooooooo! Don't let him off the hook just because he's about to die. Even though his apology was a couple hundred years late, he was finally taking responsibility for being a selfish jerk - AS HE SHOULD.

I was fine with Marcel leaving New Orleans, but making the other vampires leave too seems a bit bossy. What if some of them loved New Orleans and wanted to stay?

Whenever I watch tearful last scenes of a show, especially with actors who I know truly love working together, I always get a little teary thinking about how much of it is real emotion at saying goodbye and not acting.

I spent most of the episode waiting for the twist that would have Elijah taking all of the hollow and then dying. Closer to the end, after Elijah revealed his plan to die with Klaus, I thought it was all a trick and that Elijah had Freya come up with a way to put a spell on the white oak stake that would somehow transfer the hollow to him and kill him to save Klaus. I kept thinking there was no way that both of them would die.

It seems strange to think that once Rebekah takes the cure, Kol will be the only Mikaelson left who is an Original.

• Love 6

That was water garden stupid. If all they had to do to get rid of the hallow was die, then they should've done that last season. And the last white oak stake?! Why not just have them die from Marcel's bite. We've literally never seen it used against Hope or Klaus....or any other hybrid. Like...why would his bite kill a hybrid? Werewolf bites have never effected them before? I'm just....I like Hope, but no to legacies. Whenever Julie takes over one of the shows, you can always feel the difference and that's not a good thing. So why would i bother watching a show she runs from the beginning?

• Love 1

I'm more annoyed they finished the show before we saw their 'happy ever after'.  

I wanted to see Elijah dancing with Hailey (spelt wrong I am sure) for their next dance and to see who was waiting for Klaus!

I cried through much of it but no Davina and the totally wrong ending ruined the whole show for me.  What a waste of Elijah!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I spent most of the episode waiting for the twist that would have Elijah taking all of the hollow and then dying. Closer to the end, after Elijah revealed his plan to die with Klaus, I thought it was all a trick and that Elijah had Freya come up with a way to put a spell on the white oak stake that would somehow transfer the hollow to him and kill him to save Klaus. I kept thinking there was no way that both of them would die.

It seems strange to think that once Rebekah takes the cure, Kol will be the only Mikaelson left who is an Original.

I was right there with you.  Even when they staked each other I expected SOMETHING.  Still not sure how I feel about it.   Also thought the same thing about Kol being the remaining Original, particularly since he spent less time undaggered than any of the rest (and was dead for a while to boot).

6 minutes ago, Singhy123 said:

What happened to the whole, if an original dies, all of the people they have turned would also die? Did they manage to stop that somehow in previous seasons?

I think there was a plot line a few seasons back where Davina did a spell to unbind Klaus from his sire line so she could kill him without killing Marcel & Josh .  And I think Elijah died last season & was resurrected, so his line would have already been gone.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Plus I'll never get over how Keelin was introduced... Kidnapped, tortured to then fall in love.. Just felt gross

It is disturbing. The way I see it: It's equal opportunity toxicity. Almost all the het relationships have some element of --- should I say dub-con in them. Klamille starts with Camille being compelled to being a spy and therapisy. Klaroline - the wolf bite that launched a 1000 ships. And let's not even get into Delena. Freya was just falling in love the Mikaelson way. 

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Poor Freya - first Vincent said he was going out of town and deliberately missing her wedding and now he's telling her that he's leaving New Orleans forever. Despite this, I wish Freya hadn't guilt tripped him into staying. He wanted to leave New Orleans, so she should have let him.

On the one hand, Freya x Vincent is a great example of a complicated yet platonic m/f relationship. On the other hand, sometimes I feel the show portrays their connection/affection towards each other stronger/better than the Freya x Keelin relationship. So I'm always torn between admiring the show for not taking the "easier" option of hooking them up ---- and still going, "but this makes so much more sense".

• Love 2

Elijah couldn't have broken the white oak stake into three pieces just in case Kol needs/wants to stop being immortal at some point?

During the family scenes, I thought it was a little bit weird that Keelin was there but Davina wasn't because in a series finale, they usually bring back as many of the original characters as possible. Then I remembered that Davina hates Klaus so the conversation between her and Kol was probably something like this:

Kol: Rebekah says I need to go to New Orleans. Something about Klaus is in danger or something?
Davina: Again?
Kol: He probably just pissed off someone else, but I should probably just swing by to make sure it's not serious. Rebekah says he's dying but you know what a drama queen she is.
Davina: We should be so lucky to have him finally die.
Kol: I know, right? Feel like taking a road trip with me?
Davina: Always. Except I feel no need to see Klaus, like ever. Plus I just saw him a few days ago when he showed up here begging for my help. I've filled my Klaus quota for the next decade. You have too.
Kol: True, but if I don't go then you know Rebekah will just guilt trip me about it. The sooner I go, the sooner I can come back.
Davina: Be sure to tell Klaus I said GO TO HELL. If they try to get you to stay to help, just remember all the times that Klaus threatened to kill me and everyone I love in order to get me to do another fucking spell for him.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, cherbitrary said:

I was right there with you.  Even when they staked each other I expected SOMETHING.  Still not sure how I feel about it.   Also thought the same thing about Kol being the remaining Original, particularly since he spent less time undaggered than any of the rest (and was dead for a while to boot).

I think there was a plot line a few seasons back where Davina did a spell to unbind Klaus from his sire line so she could kill him without killing Marcel & Josh .  And I think Elijah died last season & was resurrected, so his line would have already been gone.

Yes Klaus' sire line was "unhooked" a few years ago and there was that cool scene when Elijah died and Rebekah and Kol were at a club and all these vamps around them dropped like flies which is how they knew something happened to him. Pretty sure Rebekah's line is the only one still "attached" and I assume if she takes the cure they are all ok.

Damon is the one with the cure in his blood right? And Elena? That's how Caroline would "get it"?  And doesn't Rebekah already know that and could take it anytime she wants? I stopped watching TVD there at the end (except the finale) and only read a few recaps so...

12 minutes ago, MissL said:

Damon is the one with the cure in his blood right? And Elena? That's how Caroline would "get it"?  And doesn't Rebekah already know that and could take it anytime she wants? I stopped watching TVD there at the end (except the finale) and only read a few recaps so...

I am not sure about the Damon/Elena specifics as to who has the cure, but I think the problem is that once the cure is out of your body you sort of rapidly age depending on how old you would be.  For Elena, she died young and not that long ago, so if Damon took the cure from her, she'd be fine, I think.  But, since he died in the 1800s, he'd age rapidly and die like Catherine did.  With the cure, you age normally & live a normal human lifespan.  If Damon is the one with the cure, Rebecca would wait until he dies and take it then.  So, he gets to live out whatever his normal lifespan is & then Rebecca would start her normal human lifespan. And at the tend of that, she could pass it on to someone else.  And so on and so on.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MissL said:

Damon is the one with the cure in his blood right? And Elena? That's how Caroline would "get it"? 

13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Caroline didn't want it. 

MissL didn't mean that Caroline was going to take the cure for herself. Caroline is obtaining the cure for Rebekah at Klaus's request.

3 minutes ago, cherbitrary said:

I am not sure about the Damon/Elena specifics as to who has the cure

In S6.E20, Elena took the cure that Bonnie brought back from the prison world. Bonnie later took some of the cure from Elena's blood and injected it into Stefan (S8.E11). In the series finale of TVD, Stefan took some of cure from his blood and injected it into Damon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

MissL didn't mean that Caroline was going to take the cure for herself. Caroline is obtaining the cure for Rebekah at Klaus's request.

In S6.E20, Elena took the cure that Bonnie brought back from the prison world. Bonnie later took some of the cure from Elena's blood and injected it into Stefan (S8.E11). In the series finale of TVD, Stefan took some of cure from his blood and injected it into Damon.

The Cure and The White Oak Stake... two things I will not miss hearing about! 

• Love 4

I hope someone thinks about unliking Rebekah`s sireline before she turns human or else "screw you, hundreds of unnamed vampires". The thought of Rebekah standing around an 80ish something Damon`s deathbed to suck out the cure of him is both morbid and funny considering those two have history. 

It would be so ironic if at the end of it, only Kol remains an original vampire and only Klaus` line survives.

This Finale was seriously underwhelming. The actors did a good job but I never even felt the slightest tearing up. 

Elijah had a perfect reason to die after perking up last episode with the Haylay dance tease. This episode he pontificates on how great his codependency to Klaus is.

Meanwhile Klaus actually didn`t want to die and had something to live for - come on, noone will be there for Hope because noone will show up in Legacies - and it could have been interesting if he could stay the redemptive course while alive. 

Cheesy or not, I wanted afterlife scenes. They teased that freaking dance so hard and then left it there on the table, an unfired Chekohv`s gun. 

The Thanos effect? Sigh. 

Overall, I thought this was an illogical mess and a rather meh ending for the show.  Not sure this was the best approach if you have another spin-off show waiting in the wings and one that has less compelling characters than the Originals when it started. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, missbonnie said:

LMAO! I thought the exact same thing!! 

Anyway, I cried my heart out the last half hour. I have always preferred this show over Vampire Diaries so I am going to miss it terribly. I will probably give Legacies a look to see if it's worth watching. It's funny how I used to watch so many shows on this network that are long gone, Smallville, One Tree Hill, Charmed, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Reign,Angel and Dawson's Creek. The only two left that I watch are Supernatural and The Flash. 

Same about the old WB/CW shows! My antenna picked up they CW better than other channels, so I watched a lot of those shows. After this it’s down to Supernatural and Riverdale as the only CW shows I watch. Well, okay. I watch The 100 too, but I think I might give it up after this season.

I may have screamed “Don’t let Elijah do this” at my tv. His death really was pointless, and I don’t think it was in character either. Sure, his world did revolve around Klaus. But wouldn’t that have been all the more reason to stay and protect Hope like Klaus wanted?

This season wasn’t great overall, but I still liked it. There was too much of Hope all season. And Elijah’s amnesia just went on too long. What was the point of Declan? And the ending was was poignant, but not good. But I’ll still miss the show.

• Love 1

At least it's finally over.

This season didn't feel like the Originals and it dropped the ball way too much. Nazi Vampires shouldn't have taken so much time away from the family drama and whatnot. The Hollow is a legitimate villain, so they could have done more with it.

I'm okay with Klaus dying, since I feel like the series could only end with his death. Keeping him alive would make people ask the cast and crew if he was showing up in Legacies or not.

Declan...there was potential there. Not only due to his ties with Cami, but because he was there for Hope when Klaus wasn't and she liked him well enough. (Not enough to tell him that her mom died, but enough to paint him a picture)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Elijah couldn't have broken the white oak stake into three pieces just in case Kol needs/wants to stop being immortal at some point?

During the family scenes, I thought it was a little bit weird that Keelin was there but Davina wasn't because in a series finale, they usually bring back as many of the original characters as possible. Then I remembered that Davina hates Klaus so the conversation between her and Kol was probably something like this:

Kol: Rebekah says I need to go to New Orleans. Something about Klaus is in danger or something?
Davina: Again?
Kol: He probably just pissed off someone else, but I should probably just swing by to make sure it's not serious. Rebekah says he's dying but you know what a drama queen she is.
Davina: We should be so lucky to have him finally die.
Kol: I know, right? Feel like taking a road trip with me?
Davina: Always. Except I feel no need to see Klaus, like ever. Plus I just saw him a few days ago when he showed up here begging for my help. I've filled my Klaus quota for the next decade. You have too.
Kol: True, but if I don't go then you know Rebekah will just guilt trip me about it. The sooner I go, the sooner I can come back.
Davina: Be sure to tell Klaus I said GO TO HELL. If they try to get you to stay to help, just remember all the times that Klaus threatened to kill me and everyone I love in order to get me to do another fucking spell for him.

Davina might look too young at this point since the actress is about a decade behind the time jumps.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Same here! Along with the moonstone and Papa Tunde's mystical knife of ludicrous torment!

I enjoy ludicrous torment. Unfortunately, it reminds me of the lame ass way Cami came back last night.

41 minutes ago, ketose said:

Davina might look too young at this point since the actress is about a decade behind the time jumps.

They already showed Davina in the wedding episode so I don’t think how old she looks now was the reason she wasn’t included in the finale. I think that for once, Plec et al put some logical thought into a narrative decision and realized that having Davina show up in this episode would make no sense since she loathes him. 

• Love 1

So Klaus' death was 100% unnecessary seeing as Elijah was committed to dying with the power shared or only in him. If I were Klaus I'd be less worried of the possible darkness and freaking terrified of an afterlife where he has to face Hayley. I'm not fan of the suicide pack for obvious reasons not to mention how ridiculous it is for them to survive 1000 years escaping death only to kill themselves (each other) plus they've proven Kol's opinion on the families toxic codependency right beyond all reason.

Guiltily I have to appreciate the idea of Klaus and Elijah dying together. Since they were humans Elijah's devoted his life to Klaus to varying degrees and the forced separation in S3, Elijah's temporary death in s4 and the memory loss proved how crippled Klaus is by his absence. I honestly can't imagine one of them living without the other. I'm also disturbingly pleased with the fact the brothers killed each other because this family has twisted me like that

I feel for Marcel finally getting all of Rebekah with the stipulation he watches her grow old and die and will then be forced to face eternity alone.

Let's be grateful Davina wasn't ther despite loving Kol and (presumably) maturing the animosity between her and Klaus as well as Elijah would have been too much.  I understand Kol's separation from the family and determination to keep it that way but disappearing when Klaus was dying was pretty low. History of daggers and bullshit aside, Klaus was there for him when he died in s2, Finn cursed him and Kol was still at his deathbed and more to the point respectful at his funeral not to mention he came back after hearing of Elijah's death  - who sacrificed his wife. The Klaus/Kol moment was perfectly done but Elijah and Kol's goodbye/hug killed me. Not only did it look like Kol was crying but it was a welcome change from the awkward reunion when Kol came back to life is S3. I hope Marcel sticks around because no matter how happy Kol is with Davina or how satisfied he is with a life apart from his family, Freya, Rebekah and Davina will all be mortal (possibly Hope) 

I've low key shipped Freya and Vincent but no matter how much time or physical space separates them from the 'main Mikaelsons' it seemed to be too big a complication for a relationship. Their alliance/partnership and friendship was great and I think with the death of Klaus and Elijah Vincent having and being involved with a kid with Freya and Keelin might be great for all of them. Plus baby cousin for Hope!

All in all the  finale showed what everyone has always known - there's the Mikaelsons/Original Family, there always&forever with Elijah, Klaus & Rebekah and beyond even that there's the bond between Elijah and Niklaus.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, misgabi13 said:

I wanted to see Elijah dancing with Hailey (spelt wrong I am sure) for their next dance and to see who was waiting for Klaus!

Yeah, super disappointed with the very end. After the nice send off we got for Josh and Aiden, I completely expected Hayley to appear with a big hug for Klaus and that dance for Elijah. And maybe even Cami. Heck - both actresses were in the finale, why not show that? I cried during the entire last 10 minutes, but the actual end felt sadly abrupt. Bad show for no payoff on the dance idea.

Edited by Moxie Cat
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Same about the old WB/CW shows!

Amen, my friends! There was a time in the early 2000's when I literally watched two hours of the WB every single night. Buffy, Angel, Roswell, Charmed, Dawson, Felicity... then Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Gossip Girl. Riverdale feels like a throwback to me so I enjoy it, but I've never been able to get into the superhero shows. I'll probably watch Legacies just because TVD and Originals (Buffy and Angel, basically) always felt like WB-type shows to me.

(Ummmm.... Does that mean Legacies would be equivalent to a Connor spinoff? Hmmmm.... Maybe rethinking....)

And yeah, my nostalgia will probably lead me to nuCharmed and the Roswell reboot (continuation?) too.

Edited by Moxie Cat
  • Love 3

Just read the Plec interview on EW, and she clears up the whole Cure idea, for those who didn't follow the TVD story or who just don't remember the details (like me): when a vamp who has taken the cure is done using it (ready to die), it can be extracted and injected into another vamp. So in about five or six decades, when Damon is old and dies with Elena, Caroline will extract his blood and inject it into Bex. So she still has decades of immortality to spend with Marcel.

The more time I have to spend thinking about this finale, the more Klaus's death annoys me. According to Plec, Klaus's death was Morgan's idea - it sounds like they were always going to kill off Elijah, which I totally get - but it seems to me, in the end, killing off Klaus is just a convenient way to explain why Klaus isn't spending any time with Hope on Legacies. If he had survived, there would be no plausible explanation as to why he wasn't living with his daughter after so many years apart.

• Love 2

I was so disappointed with the ending.  It felt so pointless.  Elijah obviously wanted to kill himself after Hope told him about her vision of Hayley saving him a dance.  He should have done something to Klaus to get the magic so Klaus didn't have to die.  In the end I kept thinking, well if Elijah wants to die then go back to the twins and get them to put it in him.  It was pointless for them both to die, when Klaus wanted to live and see his daughter grow up and Elijah wanted to see die.  I don't mind that either or both of them died but it just felt stupid and a cop out.  I do think it's fitting that Kol will probably be the last original left.  

• Love 4

OK, so I cried. I really didn't want either one to die, but seriously, Elijah was just tired, and Klaus, well as much as I love him, he was never going to change and if left alive, would only cause Hope pain and misery, because that's what he does.

• Love 2

Maybe Elijah thought if he was dead, they would be no one who could check Klaus from being Klaus. With both of them dying, Elijah made sure the world was a little safer without them in it.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

They wrapped everything up nicely in VD and showed us afterlife and future. Hate that didn't happen here. It just seemed so abrupt at the end

The cynical answer is that we didn't see Klaus+Elijah in a happy afterlife because they didn't get a happy afterlife. ?

Edited by ursula
typo ?
  • Love 3

Ok I'm almost done venting. The more I think about this the more disappointed I am. I would have rather seen two badass vampires go out in a blaze of glory protecting their family  instead of quietly giving up. It's just kinda lame and boring. It really makes no sense. As people have said death didn't stop the hollow before. It had to be spread to all corners of the earth. And Vincent was able to do magic and draw it out of Hope and put it in the others, Hope was able to do a spell to draw it out of them and back to her so remind me again why they needed the twins? And didn't the hollow used to have agency? A personality that wanted to live and overtook Hopes body and mind? Now it's just Whispers and powers? 

So so these two guys who fought all across Europe to survive Michael just give up? Klaus doesn't fight to be with his daughter? They all have a jarring jovial dinner that while lovely to see the cast smile seems out of place when I would expect last minute Hail Mary planning to save Klaus? I just...it was lazy and writing a show finale so as to not mess with another show (TVD) or as set up for the spinoff (Legacies) does a disservice to the characters and fans.

And. I feel like she's pissed off a good portion of the TVD fan base already and now she's pissed off the people who stuck around for TO and Klaroline shippers are NOT happy so...I guess she'd better hope they pick up a lot of new young viewers? Of course I know Internet is probably mostly vocal part of the fandom but not the whole thing and maybe it's not that bad.

rant over.

Edited by MissL
More thoughts
  • Love 4

While I'm glad that the show went into this season knowing it would be the last so that they could think about how they wanted to end everything (as opposed to the shows that get cancelled without having the opportunity to wrap things up), my biggest disappointment was that most of this season felt like a set up for Legacies. The way S4 ended would have been a satisfying series finale so I might just pretend that S5 was a fever dream or that it just never happened at all. If Plec at all hadn't already gotten the greenlight for Legacies, I'm sure that S5 would have been different.

• Love 3

Stupid question that is bothering me in the finale. [maybe I'm not remembering things correctly.] But, at some point in the storyline, wasn't there the issue of... all vampires sired by an original would die if said original died? So, with both Klaus and Elijah's death, does that mean a huge number of vampires also died? No one seems to be talking about this... so I obviously misunderstood when/how that issue was either resolved or was not a thing.

Stupid question that is bothering me in the finale. [maybe I'm not remembering things correctly.] But, at some point in the storyline, wasn't there the issue of... all vampires sired by an original would die if said original died? So, with both Klaus and Elijah's death, does that mean a huge number of vampires also died?

Klaus sireline was already unlinked in Season 3 and Elijah did "die" briefly already in Season 4 where we saw his sireline die off as a result. So their final deaths in the Finale have no physical effect on vampire population.  If Rebekah were to take the cure however and die as an Original, I think it would be bye-bye for her sireline and noone discussed this in the Finale. To be fair, though, Davina knows the unlinking spell so they could easily make that happen. 

Ok I'm almost done venting. The more I think about this the more disappointed I am. I would have rather seen two badass vampires go out in a blaze of glory protecting their family  instead of quietly giving up. It's just kinda lame and boring.

The sense of urgency and suspense was totally missing for me. Everyone was so la-di-da about it. The TVD Finale just managed to make it more engaging and urgent for me.  

And. I feel like she's pissed off a good portion of the TVD fan base already and now she's pissed off the people who stuck around for TO and Klaroline shippers are NOT happy so...I guess she'd better hope they pick up a lot of new young viewers? Of course I know Internet is probably mostly vocal part of the fandom but not the whole thing and maybe it's not that bad.

I think they misjudged what the response would be prior to the episode. A little show by the name of "How I met your mother" comes to mind here. The point of doing a spin-off and not an new show is in the hopes of bringing over established audiences from the mothership. That`s why you spin off popular stories or characters in the first place.   

IMO it was a mistake not to have afterlife scenes. Of course the Originals dealt overall with characters who were horrible, self-serving, totally tribalistic "people". The same was true for TVD. I accepted that and watched both shows liking those same characters. So if the monsters on one show could get visual happy endings, no reason to not do the same thing here. If I hated the characters of Klaus and Elijah, then the ending might work for me better but if I really hated them, I would have dropped the show long ago. 

When all is said and done, I like for a show to still have rewatchability. Don`t like feeling like I wasted my time. This doesn`t have to mean super happy-ending but some closure that makes me feel the story I invested in years in mattered.

Now there is a progression to Klaus but Elijah still lived and died for codependency. What was the point to that? It would actually have been more powerful if Klaus had lived and Elijah had said "okay, I think you might be okay now, keep at it, I`m taking me-time with the woman I love in the afterlife, toodles". That would have been something Elijah, in possession of his full faculties, had never done, choosing his own happiness over his devotion to Klaus. 

Conversely Klaus dying for the unconditional love he felt as a parent wouldn`t have been a bad ending but in that case Elijah`s story should have been altered to let him go and keep living. Which of course means the whole Season needed to be altered because they foreshadowed Elijah`s death super-hard. 

The way they did it was an unsatisfactory mess that didn`t pay off the Season or the show very well.     

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 6

So only an Original was strong enough to hold the magic or would anyone do the job? 

Klaus is supposed to be diabolically clever.  He would have had Freya create a new original, transfer the magic to that person, then kill him/her.  Problem solved. 

4 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

So only an Original was strong enough to hold the magic or would anyone do the job? 

Klaus is supposed to be diabolically clever.  He would have had Freya create a new original, transfer the magic to that person, then kill him/her.  Problem solved. 

The vessel had to he strong enough to contain the power. As a kid the power essentially consumed Hope leading Vincento put it in th Mikaelsons. As a teenage tribrid Hope put up a better fight but was still overcome by the voices, violent urges and creepy veins. Klaus taking the power is brilliant in the sense that he's strong enough to contain it (at least in comparison to others we've seen affected) but he certainly wasn't immune to it as the Mikael hallucinations show. The Hollow needn't consume Klaus, just be able to infiltrate his mind to be dangerous in an end of the world sense, with his paranoia, propensity for violence and near indestructible body. Basically they needed time for a solution and time was something they absolutely could not spare as Klaus only achieved control for the less than 24hours because Elijah took some for himself.

Seeing as papa tunde's blade and other truly creepy containers of The Hollow seemed indestructible, I assume when put into the original siblings their weaknesses were assumed. Instead of indestructible objects vulnerable for the taking the magic was in vampires capable of defending themselves/protecting the magic with only one (EXTINCT) weakness

• Love 1

I have been ranting about this finale for a whole day. I hated it. I hate the rushed feeling. Hated the SL seemingly wrapped up. Full disclosure, Elijah has been my favorite character on this series and for him to not even be him for 1/2 the season was ridiculous. What irritated me even more was when Hayley was killed, it was beat into fans head that he didn’t recognize her. Then it was revealed that well, he knew her as Andrea. I know that bit wasn’t in the finale but it just snowballed from there for me. 

I was never into Hayley and Elijah but I felt that the pairing was done dirty. I felt the same for Karoline fans too. I would’ve had no problem saying goodbye to Elijah had he remembered who he was but nah. 

Good luck to all involved with the spin off, I won’t be watching. 

Also? Hayley, Elijah and Klaus all deserved better. 

Edited by KillahBee007
Wanted to add a little more.
  • Love 6

I have nearly the entire season on DVR and I'm debating whether to watch it.

As far as the afterlife is concerned, Klaus and Elijah were considerably more murderous and callous than Damon Salvatore on his worst day. Plus, Elijah (and Klaus to some extent) has a lot of past lovers, so it's hard to pin down one pairing. Hayley has some romantic connection to Jackson.

18 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

I'd expect that something like this is exactly what would happen if the show was continuing, but they really just wanted to kill off a couple characters that would screw up their new spinoff. Personally I don't get why they couldn't just take The Hollow and like split it up into a billion pieces throughout the planet or something, see it effect anything then. In fact, something like that would have been a nice plot hook for Legacies to make use of.

• Love 2

Anyone else appreciate that what finally killed Klaus and Elijah was just about the only evil or enemy they didn't have a hand in creating?

Years of their own actions coming back to haunt and endanger the family and it's The Hollow that takes out two Original brothers. Despite Klaus' typical inability to follow rules and would get too close to his family none of them played any real part in releasing the power. They were all out of commission when the 'uprising' started and it was only after Hayley's Lebonair blood put a target on Hope they got involed.

There's something incredibly fitting that once again Marcel's rule of the city is at least partially at fault, seeing as it all began with the witches luring back Klaus because Marcel interfered with the Harvest

Sad ending but glad they were able to wrap it up, even if Elijah's death was pointless (at least to me).

I won't be watching Legacies.  The Hope character isn't enough to keep my interest.  And now that Klaus and Elijah are both dead, I think it's safe to say Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gillies will not to be making an appearance.

It was fun while it lasted.  The Originals was far more entertaining than The Vampire Diaries.

• Love 3