Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

Nema’s crooked suit in his talking head is already on my nerve.  I just want to reach in the TV and straighten it.  Just me or is he majorly lacking in the shoulder department?   

Is Mona a friend of even?  Or just there because her brother lover is now on cast?

• Love 2
On 8/10/2018 at 7:10 AM, biakbiak said:

But there was no reason to tell GG she had shitty morals for not feeling it would be necessary and she specifically said “to ask permission” not just give a heads up. I mean that’s cool for MJ to have finally decide on those boundaries for her relationship but she went the extra step to say GG was shitty for not doing it. Gg and Shervin have slept together in the same bed they just seem to be close friends who aren’t sexually interested in each other. 

I thought Shervin was GG’s cousin?  Or someone on the shows cousin?  Am I completely misremembering?  Very possible, I could swear that’s how he was first introduced.  

1 minute ago, geauxaway said:

I thought Shervin was GG’s cousin?  Or someone on the shows cousin?  Am I completely misremembering?  Very possible, I could swear that’s how he was first introduced.  

Shervin is GG’s cousins friend. I forget her cousin’s name but he has been on several episodes with Shervin.

• Love 2

$700 for an average size bottle of Titos and a bottle of rose? WTF? Is Titos some sort of exotic vodka in Cali? Here in TX it costs about $30. I used to wait tables in college.  Had I known the markup on bottle service was eleventy billion percent,  I would have stuck with it! Talk about a great gig.  "Here's your bottle.  Serve yourself. Now give me my $300 tip."

• Love 4

I don't care how often GG says she's evolved.  When she gets some of her own thrown back at her (and the ex-wife reveal was a shitty thing to do), she reverts to the "exploding volcano" emoji.  I guess they need it for the series?  But, wow!  How exhausting.

Good for Mike, wising up, and excluding the Bitch Sisters from his event.  An event that was meant to be about other people, and not a site to hash out old boring ish.  As far as the "One blanket/one pair of socks"...a gesture's a gesture.  How many socks and blankets make it "generous"?  I could wish it wasn't broadcast, but OTOH, it's nice to see the Shahs engage in something that doesn't involve top shelf liquor.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, CatMomma said:

$700 for an average size bottle of Titos and a bottle of rose? WTF? Is Titos some sort of exotic vodka in Cali? Here in TX it costs about $30

Where I shop here in SoCal, you can get a fifth for less than $20.  $30 buys a 1.75 liter jug.

• Love 3
On 8/9/2018 at 7:02 PM, Fiero425 said:

You expect GG to be a b!tch and kvetch about not being invited to be a part of the wedding party, but that was shocking to see Adam be such a d!ck about it as well! I can't believe it; GG laughing in MJ's face when she's trying to reach out! I'd of walked away for good as well! ;-)

Yes to all.

I don't care for Reza he's an ass,  I've never cared for Adam period, he has always given me a bitchy creepy vibe. He's one that can turn really quick.

MJ can choose as she damn well please when it comes to her bridesmaids.

GG comes with to much drama and unpredictability, and just because Adam comes with Reza doesn't mean that Adam holds the same place in MJ's heart that Reza does.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Yes to all.

I don't care for Reza he's an ass,  I've never cared for Adam period, he has always given me a bitchy creepy vibe. He's one that can turn really quick.

MJ can choose as she damn well please when it comes to her bridesmaids.

GG comes with to much drama and unpredictability, and just because Adam comes with Reza doesn't mean that Adam holds the same place in MJ's heart that Reza does.

Adam's being a real hypocrite because he allows Asa to play that game of picking and choosing who to be close to! He defends her so why can't MJ have the same courtesy? I'm really tired, but I think it makes sense! ;-)

• Love 4
On 8/16/2018 at 9:00 PM, chenoa333 said:

OMG!! Mike and his fucking "1 blanket 1 sock" giveaway to the homeless. What a joke. And THAT "gesture" makes his dumb ass entitled self feel like he's doing something kind for humanity? Fuck the fuckety off Mike. You pretentious asshole loser.

(Sorry about the qoute box below) I have no idea why that happened!

it was one blanket and one multi-pack of socks.  I think its a fabulous gesture

On 8/17/2018 at 1:27 PM, Mindthinkr said:

When Reza was dressed up (in the blue and white striped shirt with lime green tie and pocket square) he was wearing something on his lapel that looked like a lion door knocker. It took me a few minutes but I think that piece of jewelry was designed by the girl on Southern Charm New Orleans. Reagan. The one married to the ex-football player. The piece was inspired by the Florentine door knocker in Italy. (Show crossover?...maybe he got one at a Bravo party)

GG has trouble controlling her impulses. When she was mad at MJ she tore apart the plant that was on the table. It wasn’t either of their plant to ruin. So much for Mediation Garden. 

I think Reza is caving to Adam for one child but secretly he’s hoping that all the work involved in raising a child will show Adam that one is enough. For as selfish as he is, I’m surprised he let Adam have his wish for a child. I’ve never really thought that they were a well matched pair. 

I didn't see either piece - but the description sounds like a Versace piece.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Not sure if this was brought up already - but Nemo reminds me of Amy Pohler's hubby in Parks and Rec.  Like exactly.  No?

Adam Scott is cuter but yes they look alike.

• Love 3

After the tragic loss of her father, MJ tries to maintain her stability while continuing to plan her wedding; Nema is put in an awkward position when his crush, GG, and his ex-girlfriend come face to face at his sister Mona's birthday party.

Airs August 23, 2018.

I feel badly for MJ. It’s a tough milestone in life to lose your parent. 

That was nice of Reza to try to pull something together to honor him and make her feel loved . 

Mike’s backyard looks pretty sparse. Do the dogs have water? Shade? Somewhere to walk that isn’t heated by the sun? 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I feel badly for MJ. It’s a tough milestone in life to lose your parent. 

That was nice of Reza to try to pull something together to honor him and make her feel loved . 

Mike’s backyard looks pretty sparse. Do the dogs have water? Shade? Somewhere to walk that isn’t heated by the sun? 

It moved me to see them rally for her! Will GG act right though? We all know she has no filter and doesn't look at the big picture even if she's at odds with a person!  ;-)

• Love 4

GG and Shervin made sure Reza had "taken care of" the flowers, but Reza said "it was so nice of you, you didn't have to do that".  Why was Adam the only other main guest at the very weird Mona birthday (maybe it coincided with MJ's Dad) - Nema is the opposite of attractive in every way that has been shown to us.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Who goes wedding dress shopping with 2 men? No mother, no girlfriends? I can't imagine Mike actually wanting to do that in the real world. 

I was at first stunned that Vida didn’t join her for this very special rite of marriage. MJ probably didn’t want to hear any criticism from her. She was already in a delicate state of mind with her Dads death. 

Mike was trying to live up to his deathbed promise to Sham to support and love MJ for the rest of her life (as her dear friend). Reza is her maid of honor and best friend. Reza was trying to show Mike how to be a good friend to her.  This included the dress shopping (I couldn’t see GG as taking that seriously) and as MJ broke down in the dressing room she was grateful to have both of them there. They ended up being the right choice for her. 

Mike did seem a bit awkward especially when Reza asked his if he wanted help pulling his house together for the impromptu celebration of MJ’s father’s life. He’s still lower on the learning curve but Reza is showing him how to up his game and become a better man and friend. 

Adam went to the birthday celebration for Nema because Reza and Mike were away dress shopping and why not? He’s friendly with his bunch as Reza’s partner. I found it stranger that GG and Erika were both invited but glad that they didn’t fight over Nema. He isn’t worth it. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Mike was trying to live up to his deathbed promise to Sham to support and love MJ for the rest of her life (as her dear friend). Reza is her maid of honor and best friend. Reza was trying to show Mike how to be a good friend to her.  This included the dress shopping

I get all that but my question is why would MJ feel comfortable with that. Does she have NO close girlfriends? I guess not. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I get all that but my question is why would MJ feel comfortable with that. Does she have NO close girlfriends? I guess not. 

You've got to remember that unlike most of the people on the other reality tv shows, these people have known each other and have been friends and closes for decades. They grew up together. I think  they were the perfect choice. She's going to pick whichever dress she loves best no matter what anyone else thinks. They were there for emotional support. Loved it.

And, don't hate me, but I kind of like Nemo!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I was surprised to not see Asa in the background though

I wasn’t they can’t stand each other. I mean MJ sand GG are horrible to each other but I do think they do care about each other. Definitely not the same with her and Asa.

• Love 8

This episode was so sad, yet uplifting.  I cried through the whole thing.  Loved seeing everyone supporting MJ, even Vida found her heart!  I adored her telling MJ she'd go with her every day through every step.  Mike really stepped up this episode, you can tell he takes his vow very seriously.

I also appreciated the little bit of lightness: MJ shading Mike for having no curtains so everyone can see her trying to compose herself before entering…then later, Mike asking/teasing MJ if her comment on glasses was a dig about his red solo cups.

Reza did what I thought was impossible for him: he didn't make it about him.  Just supported MJ in any way she needed.

17 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I was surprised to not see Asa in the background though.  

I wasn't.  The petty runs deep.  Plus, like @biakbiak said, they truly don't like each other.  Those two details kept Princess Diamond Water away.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I get that they don't like Asa - but Asa likes Asa and I"m surprised she didn't try and do a pop in.  My head and fingers were not of same mind this morning.  :) 

But she’s not on the show anymore and probably knew absolutely nothing about Sham’s death, the gathering or even Mike’s address.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wasn’t they can’t stand each other. I mean MJ sand GG are horrible to each other but I do think they do care about each other. Definitely not the same with her and Asa.

At a time like this, I seriously doubt MJ would have been upset if Asa had shown up.  It was really about Sham  And Asa had more of relationship with her family than i.e., Destiny, Nema, Sherwin. 

33 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But she’s not on the show anymore and probably knew absolutely nothing about Sham’s death, the gathering or even Mike’s address.

I can't believe that no one in the circle would not have told Asa about Sham.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

And Asa had more of relationship with her family than i.e., Destiny, Nema, Sherwin. 

No clue about Nema but Destiny and Shervin knew MJ and her family before they were on the show.

I think the only people who still talk to Asa are Resa and Adam. It’s possible that Asa reached out off camera but her showing up at this small gathering would be weird as hell and be more about wanting to be on camera than supporting MJ.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why wouldn't she feel comfortable?  She's known these people for years.  They're closer to her than her own mother.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Reza and Mike really are her best friends.  Having been wedding dress shopping, I don't recall doing anything during it that required a vagina.  Of course the one time I went it was really easy.  My friend tried on 2 dresses.  The first one was totally hot, but the second one was "The One" and it was obvious as soon as she put it on.  Then I gave some input on what type of bustle would look best as the sales person showed us what each would look like.  I think between dress one and two we took a moment to debate being super hot versus being able to breathe and sit.  Reza and Mike were capable of telling her she looked hot and the designer that was there could point her towards the right silhouette and which bustle looked best with which dress.  Also, I think Reza and Mike spend more time and money on clothes and grooming and are more vain than the majority of women, so this was firmly in their wheelhouse.  

• Love 12
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I actually liked Reza this episode. He came through for MJ, they all did. 

I am nowhere near a Reza fan but I thought his comment that MJ's father was ready to go because he knew that MJ now had Tommy to be there for her and help her to be strong was a very touching sentiment.  

• Love 14

So I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm a little confused.  After poking around the Shahs in the Media thread and a tiny bit of googling, it seems like this is being edited out of sequence and Shams actually died after MJ's wedding?  Her break down still makes just as much sense because I think she was crying about him not being there to walk her down the aisle, which he was too sick to do.  I wonder why the false narrative was needed?  Or maybe he really died before she got married and it just wasn't announced until later, which is a valid choice, but there's an interview with MJ that makes it sound like he was alive when she got married.  Either way it is sad.  I'm just trying to figure out what's true and confused about why they'd change the timeline as it seems to serve no purpose and is something that could easily be proved as a false narrative.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm a little confused.  After poking around the Shahs in the Media thread and a tiny bit of googling, it seems like this is being edited out of sequence and Shams actually died after MJ's wedding?  ...

That's how I remembered it happening!  I thought I was going crazy.  Why would they edit it like that?

• Love 5
Just now, heatherchandler said:

That's how I remembered it happening!  I thought I was going crazy.  Why would they edit it like that?

Me too! I thought he died shortly after the wedding, I find this gross.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm a little confused.  After poking around the Shahs in the Media thread and a tiny bit of googling, it seems like this is being edited out of sequence and Shams actually died after MJ's wedding?  Her break down still makes just as much sense because I think she was crying about him not being there to walk her down the aisle, which he was too sick to do.  I wonder why the false narrative was needed?  Or maybe he really died before she got married and it just wasn't announced until later, which is a valid choice, but there's an interview with MJ that makes it sound like he was alive when she got married.  Either way it is sad.  I'm just trying to figure out what's true and confused about why they'd change the timeline as it seems to serve no purpose and is something that could easily be proved as a false narrative.  

I was wondering about this too. All I know is that Reza asking MJ if Shams was "still with us" over the phone was a total er...sham. I'm sure he knew at that point and I'm 100% certain that conversation did not happen on the actual day of his death, nor did that "impromptu" gathering of Shahs. The producers must take us all for fools.

• Love 2

Someone on FB mentioned that he actually died in January they just didn’t announce it until after the wedding/honeymoon which makes me feel better. I didn’t think the entire cast could be such great actors.

• Love 5

That makes me feel better too because altering the timeline for something like that just seemed creepy and weird.  I thought maybe they had waited to announce because of the wording of MJ's announcement being something like "it took me a long time to come to terms with this," but then there's a quote from her saying he didn't walk her down the aisle because he was too sick.  The quote was kind of weird and confusing though.  I'm not gonna bust her chops for "lying" in the quote, she was probably jsut trying to skirt the issue and keep a painful part of her life private for a bit.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2

First of all, condolences to MJ.  I'm sure the past year was brutal for her, and it didn't end the way she hoped.

That said, if I see another person on one of these Bravo shows, let alone a whole roomful of them, wiping tears from dry eyes, I will go through that TV screen and really give them something to cry about (as my mother always used to say).  I mean, come on, we get that you're sad or at least presenting a sad countenance.  Don't you realize we can tell you're not really crying?  It's okay not to cry.  It's better than pretend crying.

I felt terrible for Mike's dogs.  It looks as if they spend most of their time out in that miserable yard, no grass, a single sad bed, hardly any shade from the SoCal sun.  Did I hear him say "They're fucking animals"? Another reason to go through the screen and apply some rough justice.

And lastly, is it just me, or does GG's divorce lawyer look like MJ's double?  That must be awkward, if she bothers to notice the resemblance.

• Love 8
On 8/22/2018 at 11:10 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

Not sure if this was brought up already - but Nemo reminds me of Amy Pohler's hubby in Parks and Rec.  Like exactly.  No?

How DARE you!  Nemo cannot come close to my crush Adam Scott!  No!  

Nonono.gif

On 8/19/2018 at 7:48 PM, walnutqueen said:

Where I shop here in SoCal, you can get a fifth for less than $20.  $30 buys a 1.75 liter jug.

Well, sure, that's what I meant. I mean, I don't ever buy a 1.75 liter jug. Nope, not me....

BTW, what's a fifth? Sounds small. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

How DARE you!  Nemo cannot come close to my crush Adam Scott!  No!  

Nonono.gif

Well, sure, that's what I meant. I mean, I don't ever buy a 1.75 liter jug. Nope, not me....

BTW, what's a fifth? Sounds small. 

I haven't seen much of anything with Scott, but I do remember those sparkling eyes and features that set him apart! Nemo's ok, but no hottie at any level! Great teeth for his smile; that's it! ;-)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Formerly 1/5 of a US gallon, now used for a standard 750 ml bottle.

Just as I thought. Small.

I kid, I kid....sorta.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, biakbiak said:

Adam Scott is cuter but yes they look alike.

I may have said this somewhere before, but Nema looks like Adam Scott's character on Wet Hot American Summer - he was playing Bradley Cooper's character after plastic-surgery - 

download (1).jpg

• Love 3