Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

I think the HWs have 1% input in the trip planning. The producers probably decide who’s turn it is and then ask them if they have somewhere to go. Either they come up with a semi valid reason or it’s just a random place they’ve been before. Producers then work out the accommodations, excursions, etc. I think they should drop the charade of hosting. No one believes Tinsley picked out that house. 

• Love 9
On 8/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Heh. Bet she did us her ex's name.

My feelings about Sonja are all over the place, but she's not that bright. Or maybe she is. Dorinda might cut a bitch for mentioning her daughter in any way, depending on her mood. 

We saw that her stability has further degenerated, in this episode. 

I think Dorinda hears something very different from the rest of us and reacts in very extreme ways when she is drunk and high.

She usually goes at Sonja for things I don't think Dorinda could really give a fuck about. Such as the crest. She is only going at the crest because she has an issue with anything Sonja and that was the one thing she could pick at about the shoe.

Remember how she reacted when Luann asked if it was her birthday cake in the Berkshires? Dorinda went into a diatribe about her mother, how she made it, when she brought it over - it was bizarre.

I do think part of Dorinda's current funk is living in her apartment without Hannah. She doesn't know what to do with herself and I don't think she wants to spend more time with John - the allotted weekly time they spent together before Hannah moved out is enough for her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I actually agree with Bethenny keeping her name. She was building a brand with that name. 

It was Yolanda's going back to her ex's name that was odd to me. JMO.

Sorry, off topic. I'll stop now.

Agreed, very strange.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

It drives me crazy that this gets overlooked. I know many divorced women who have kept thier married names and stayed somewhat involved with their ex-in laws worlds because of thier kids.   It’s only weird because Dorinda is choosing to get upset about it.

I think the difference here is Sonja appears to be trying to adopt the Morgan family history as her own.  It's not just that she was married to a Morgan, she acts like she's been a Morgan since birth, or that she personally advised JP Morgan! He'd have been nothing without Sonja Tremont MORGAN! 

I agree with others that, if you have kids, keeping the ex's name makes some sense.  I forget who mentioned Vivianne Westwood et al, but they too have reasons to keep the names of their ex's, since it related to THEIR businesses.  Sonja really, really doesn't have that excuse.  Though Ramona does, to a lesser extent Luann does.

I also think its a generational thing, in that older women (and those who married young) are more apt to keep the married name. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I actually agree with Bethenny keeping her name. She was building a brand with that name. 

It was Yolanda's going back to her ex's name that was odd to me. JMO.

Sorry, off topic. I'll stop now.

Yolanda's famous daughters have that last name.  It gets on my last nerve as well....kind of like Yolanda does!!!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Because Mohammed Hadid had money, but David Foster had fame ? ;) (And YES, I really believe that's the real reason ! And as the "Hadid girls" are most in the spotlight than David Foster now, better for her to be associated with the name "hadid" than "foster". It's a better move for her in order to feed her famewhoring / pimping instincts ^_^)

^^all of this^^, plus with a maiden name of van den Herik, the choice is crystal clear.

• Love 3

The infamous Our Love Is Dead Spray

img_2617.jpg?w=531&h=398

I'm not believing that it's 365 roses like Tinsley said.

There is also a part of me that now suspects - they never have really broken up. Breaking up with Scott keeps them in the "news". Showing that they were not together at the beginning of the season, was more of an incentive to film the Scott/Tinsley reunion. Now the part of the flowers arriving in Cartagena and displayed so that it would be caught on camera numerous times - that I think Tinsley had a hand in as far as planning - I don't think she was surprised at all.

• Love 3

Bethenny and Carole used to be like this, with multiple interviews about how they were ride or die for each other, Carole described themselves as "framily" and that people didn't understand such deep friendships, Bethenny supposedly demanded Carole be allowed to return for season 9 etc.  They shared the same bedroom (bed?) on vacation and now they can barely speak to each other.

Bethenny-and-Carole-memories.jpg

FF to season 10 and now Tinsley and Carole are sharing rooms (or at least in and out like B and C used to be) and they are also sharing CLOTHES!!!! That right there is a bestie thing.

I absolutely adore Carole's robe when she was talking to Sonja

180718_3763957_Carole_Radziwill_Is_Looki

And Tinsley was wearing it at breakfast

Screen-Shot-2018-08-02-at-7.18.56-PM.png

This must kill Bethenny to see things like this. But Bethenny seems very high maintenance and Carole, for all of her many faults does not. It was very rude and typical Bethenny to bitch 'can we stop talking about shopping" or something to that effect. The other women did want to discuss shopping but if Queen B doesn't want to then no one gets to. But Bethenny is exhausting and Tinsley seems fun. 

You could feel the tension through the screen. Girlfriend breakups are every bit as bad and traumatic, and sometimes worse than boyfriend breakups.

• Love 16

Towards the beginning of the episode when they were on their way to Kahlua Island. Luann was standing on the deck in her white bikini.

I was really hoping for a smaller boat to whiz by so we could see this

cest-bon-rhony-luann1.gif?w=685

Then the whales would barge into the side of the yacht because Luann's voice = mating call

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The infamous Our Love Is Dead Spray

img_2617.jpg?w=531&h=398

I'm not believing that it's 365 roses like Tinsley said.

There is also a part of me that now suspects - they never have really broken up. Breaking up with Scott keeps them in the "news". Showing that they were not together at the beginning of the season, was more of an incentive to film the Scott/Tinsley reunion. Now the part of the flowers arriving in Cartagena and displayed so that it would be caught on camera numerous times - that I think Tinsley had a hand in as far as planning - I don't think she was surprised at all.

The thoughtful bracelet was enough.  This spray of flowers was over the top and just too much, IMO.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

The thoughtful bracelet was enough.  This spray of flowers was over the top and just too much, IMO.

We already know that Tins saves dead flowers but  I wonder if she had to leave it behind.  I don't think you're allowed to bring plants, flowers, food,  etc. into the US from foreign countries.   

• Love 3
On 8/2/2018 at 8:30 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Who believes that Lu really would have gone to rehab with Dorinda for 21 days?

Ha! I took this as Lu knowing she needed another round so why not do a 2fer. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, AnnA said:

We already know that Tins saves dead flowers but  I wonder if she had to leave it behind.  I don't think you're allowed to bring plants, flowers, food,  etc. into the US from foreign countries.   

I'm thinking a little psycho ingenuity, she got on the plane like this

f4b6fd4ae8dbff6626ce376b42abdf9d.jpg

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m not sure Scott could ever do anything over the top or just too much for Tinsley - the woman who collapses on the floor at the sight of him!

• Love 9
On 8/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, albarino said:

I've said earlier my working theory is Carole was angry with Beth for calling Adam "behind her back" and then calling him an "operator."  In this episode, B hasn't yet figured it out and wonders if Carole is too cool for her.  No, Carole will never forgive you for calling Adam and then dissing him.  Why doesn't Carole just come clean about it?

That is exactly where the relationship fell apart for Carole but she's too cool to see that about herself. It was hard to watch Bethenny process what they have become this episode.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Screen-Shot-2018-08-02-at-7.18.56-PM.png

I just noticed the shot of Didn'tMakeItToTheLooAnn

Bravo must have some pretty embarrassing sound bites, if these ladies were micced up and were still having issues while filming.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, SCS said:

6360627390602655721787489907_giphy-3.gif

Luann's new single

Cartegena will give you gah ass

Cartegana will give you gah ahh asss

Flatulence is chur errned, mah friend

Flatulence is chur err errned..

Insert wet squishy fart chorus

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I stood a graveside this afternoon and there’s were two of these. They were styled slightly different but both sprays were better looking than this casket spray.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, prettybird said:

I think the HWs have 1% input in the trip planning. The producers probably decide who’s turn it is and then ask them if they have somewhere to go. Either they come up with a semi valid reason or it’s just a random place they’ve been before. Producers then work out the accommodations, excursions, etc. I think they should drop the charade of hosting. No one believes Tinsley picked out that house. 

I totally agree. I also cannot believe that anyone could blame Tinsley for the craziness of the Colombia trip. People get sick on boats and from food. It's a frequent occurrence and could happen on any trip. 

Tinsley certainly was not the cause of the boat incident, just like Bethenny was not the cause of the "lost at sea"  (LoL) incident with the boat ride with her "therapist" and Jason.

That being said, the behaviour of people during the trip is on them. Bethenny almost ruined the fun on this trip with her diva behaviour. Fortunately, the ladies saw through her BS and just carried on with shopping. Even Bethenny recovered and proceeded to buy 25 hats and went on to "buy the entire town". (LOL)

Scary Buyland.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I totally agree. I also cannot believe that anyone could blame Tinsley for the craziness of the Colombia trip. People get sick on boats and from food. It's a frequent occurrence and could happen on any trip. 

Tinsley certainly was not the cause of the boat incident, just like Bethenny was not the cause of the "lost at sea"  (LoL) incident with the boat ride with her "therapist" and Jason.

That being said, the behaviour of people during the trip is on them. Bethenny almost ruined the fun on this trip with her diva behaviour. Fortunately, the ladies saw through her BS and just carried on with shopping. Even Bethenny recovered and proceeded to buy 25 hats and went on to "buy the entire town". (LOL)

Scary Buyland.

I still get a kick at LuAnn saying that they should go shopping anyway, all the while Bethenny is carrying on like a banshee only yards away. LuAnn really has no time for anyone else's drama but wants people to have all the time in the world for hers.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, bagger said:

I stood a graveside this afternoon and there’s were two of these. 

Sorry you had a loss in your life, Bagger - condolences.

4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I still get a kick at LuAnn saying that they should go shopping anyway, all the while Bethenny is carrying on like a banshee only yards away. 

And now they're besties! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, film noire said:

And now they're besties! 

“Besties” lol. We all know it’s for show because both needed show alliance. Too bad LuAnn faked a rehab stay to get out of the reunion; I’m sure Bethenny could’ve used LuAnn’s fake allyship during reunion taping.

• Love 6

Say what you want about Lu, Beth, Sonja, etc...this year they all hit their stylist stride, hair and make up has been on point all season...even Ramona!

Tinsley looked nuts showing up at Carole's party in that pseudo cheerleading outfit.  Carole's outfit was not my favorite but it was tons better than those two lace numbers she wore to Colombia.  Dorinda was wearing an Addidas onsie?  6 years of John, have we really had 6 years with sweaty John?  

Sonja hijacking Ramona's party was fantastic but what was really fantastic was Ramona being low key about it, no fighting or weird twitching, just a comment about the reason for the evening and that was that.  I would like a pair of Sonja's fox slippers.  

Holy moly, I just looked at her shoe prices.  I will pass on the slippers.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Say what you want about Lu, Beth, Sonja, etc...this year they all hit their stylist stride, hair and make up has been on point all season...even Ramona!

Tinsley looked nuts showing up at Carole's party in that pseudo cheerleading outfit.  Carole's outfit was not my favorite but it was tons better than those two lace numbers she wore to Colombia.  Dorinda was wearing an Addidas onsie?  6 years of John, have we really had 6 years with sweaty John?  

Sonja hijacking Ramona's party was fantastic but what was really fantastic was Ramona being low key about it, no fighting or weird twitching, just a comment about the reason for the evening and that was that.  I would like a pair of Sonja's fox slippers.  

Holy moly, I just looked at her shoe prices.  I will pass on the slippers.

Carole, for the most part, has the dressing talents of a three-toed sloth.

I was surprised at how affable Ramona was with Sonja, both at the event and in her TH.  It was a pleasant shock.

Was anyone surprised that Ramona showed up to an athleisure-themed event dressed for a first-date dinner?  lol  She probably was thinking that she should be ready for anything, just in case there were "cute guys" here.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, film noire said:

And now they're besties! 

Oh lol no, thank you but no. I work in a funeral home & cemetery.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, bagger said:

I stood a graveside this afternoon and there’s were two of these. They were styled slightly different but both sprays were better looking than this casket spray.

And you know even a casket blanket which would be larger in size doesn't hold 30 dozen roses.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, film noire said:

LOL (that's the funniest crossed wire on this board I've ever read -- thanks for the belly laugh ;)

You’re welcome. I should have been kore explicit.

• Love 1

When Luann remarked that she left a "little something" on her bed before they left, I just hope she left a hefty tip for her poor housekeeper. I mean there's cleaning the room , and then there's that!

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I still get a kick at LuAnn saying that they should go shopping anyway, all the while Bethenny is carrying on like a banshee only yards away. LuAnn really has no time for anyone else's drama but wants people to have all the time in the world for hers.

I viewed that as Luann realizing B was being, as usual, over the top and dramatic, and not buying into it.

Edited by Mrs peel
Spelling
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I viewed that as Luann realizing B was being, as usual, over the top and dramatic, and not buying into it.

Oh, definitely definitely! LuAnn had no patience for it, and yet here she is back from Cartagena talking about how great it is that she gets to hang with Bethenny now. The same Bethenny whose histrionics she was clearly bored by lol

• Love 5

up to this epi in my marathon rewatch b4 the new season. I know I've said this before, but it's so true when comparing it to RHOBH since that's airing currently - I just LOVE how most of the RHONY women can go on a trip and not get all glammed up. They aren't afraid to be seen with minimal to no makeup. They go shopping in comfy clothes and freshly washed hair without all the glam - that is, all except Tinsly - and even she's not THAT bad compared to the west coast squad. MAN I can't wait for RHONY to start up again. I hope the new season does not disappoint.

• Love 2

Oh - and I dont doubt I had this observation as this season aired but, MAN Carole was an arsehole for trying to manipulate Sonja about Bethenny. Sweet baby jeebuz I won't miss Carole. I'd be willing to bet Ramona and Dorinda will be clamoring to get back in the Bethenny nook come this new season. Which I don't mind, honestly this group is a lot more fun when they are getting along (for the most part).

• Love 2