Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: Judge Cuts 3

• Start Topic

How many times in one season are we going to stop the singer and make them sing something else?

Mel should wear her hair like that more often. Y'know, like a normal person.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 6

I agree...when I saw that stunt happen with Noah, I thought, "They're doing this way too much. It's getting old." I thought that it was only supposed to happen in the auditions because the "judge cuts" is supposed to be a step up. I wish they would've given Ms. Trysh a second chance...unless they did and it was edited.

The golden buzzer wasn't a singer at least...? In my opinion, I wouldn't have given it to Quin and Misha. All I saw was Misha picking Quin up and spinning her around while she was posing...and more posing. There wasn't that much footwork from them...I saw more footwork in their package than I saw in their actual performance. As a former ballroom dancer, I wasn't moved. Not to be rude and say that I'm better, but I just wasn't moved. I've seen many a ballroom dance performance that blows this AGT performance out of the water. But good on her for going after what she wants and dancing - and sharing her message. I'm 36, and my legs don't look as good as hers.

I'm predicting that Jeffrey Li gets picked over Angel. And that's from the editing, because it gets too obvious. We'll see in a half hour...

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I'm predicting that Jeffrey Li gets picked over Angel. And that's from the editing, because it gets too obvious. We'll see in a half hour...

I was wrong in more ways than one.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I was wrong in more ways than one.

I was a little surprised Jeffery didn't go on but I can't say I'm disappointed.

So Scary Spice doesn't like scary things..?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

the fact that my Oliver didn't go through broke my heart. 

That was one of the big surprises tonight. I thought his video package ensured his trip to the next round. I thought he was pretty good. The other surprise was that neither of those boys went through. 

• Love 5

Cats, cats, cats, all I really cared about was that the cats made the live shows. So yay on that count!

This was one of first Judge Cuts episodes where they zigged when it seemed like they had some pretty obvious zags for us. I thought for sure Oliver the goth comic was going to be in the top 6, and that Jeffrey was going to beat out Angel for one of the other spots. And neither happened which is seriously not AGT style lol.

What does the High School dance group have on the judges? Do they have compromising pictures of Howie and Tyra together? That's two relatively terrible pieces they've gave us and they made the live shows? Does. Not. Compute.

Impressed with Udi Dance, they are upholding the tradition started by Fighting Gravity quite well this season. I was locked into their piece, and just wanted it to keep going which is about the biggest compliment I can give them.

Another solid, original song by We Three. I have a soft spot for bands on AGT because the track record is so bad....so I'm happy they get at least one live show performance.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 6

Montage Acts:

Blue Tokyo

OC Music & Dance

Ms.Trysh

Kazi

Bone Hampton

Jules & Jerome

Bensax International

0/7 advanced

Why even bother showing them?

How did the high schoolers make it over Oliver or Jeffrey Li? (Seems like they want big group singers, choirs, etc this year)

Next Week :

Academy of Villains, Shadow Dance Group

Berlin, Singer/Pianist 

Brian King Joseph, Electric Violinist 

Brody Ray, Singer and Guitarist 

Da RepubliK, Dance Group

Diabolowalker, Diabolo Dance Group 

Elijah Holt, Acrobat 

Flau'jae, Rapper 

Glennis Grace, Singer 

Lord Nil, Escape Artist

NUNNABOVE, Band 

Samuel J. Comroe, Stand-up Comedian 

Sergey and Sasha, Acrobatic Duo 

Sixto and Lucia, Quick Change Duo 

Street Drum Corps, Drum Group 

Troy James, Contortionist 

Yumbo Dump, Comedy Duo 

Theres 1 more that hasn't been announced yet. (I noticed Bello Nock's daughter isn't on this list I wonder if she withdrew? Or is she the last person?)

• Love 3

I may have to officially hate Martina McBride for wasting her golden buzzer on the 71-year-old ballroom dancer.  Great for her to be doing that at her age.  I'm several years younger than her, and I don't look that good (by a long shot!) nor can I move like that either, but as ballroom dancing goes, she's just not anything special.  There was very little dancing in that routine, just a lot of lifts, and many of them not done that well.  As far as I'm concerned, Martina killed Oliver.  That crap act took his spot.  Yes, I'm bitter he didn't make it.  I thought he was one of the better comics by a long shot.  I would have taken both of the boy kid singers over the two they put through.  Couldn't understand anything the band sang, and the singers were overwhelmed by the music, so we just didn't enjoy their performance at all.  And we didn't like either of the songs the ex-Glee guy did.  His voice has an interesting quality to it, but we hated both of his attempts.  By contrast, both of the young boys had beautiful voices and much much better performances.

The cats got through, so yay for that!!  We love them.  And The Sacred Riana got through, so that was also good.  But those were the only two acts that made it through that we had any interest in at all.  We would have rounded out the 7 with both boy singers and Oliver.  Then possibly the Udi dance group - even though we didn't care for them, lots of people like that style - and maybe the acrobatic brothers.  Overall, very disappointed with the acts that went through last night.

On another note, I hated Grace VanderWall when she won a couple of years ago.  Saw her recently on the Late Late Show with James Corden.  She was much more enjoyable then.  Still can't understand most of what comes out of her mouth, but her voice is not as annoying, and the tune was a nice catchy, bouncy one.  Still wouldn't pay money to see her and would probably never buy any of her music, but she was definitely better, in our opinion anyway, so maybe with a few more years under her belt, she'll actually be pretty good.

• Love 4

I don't understand.  I feel like I was just in the twilight zone for 2 hours.

Scary girl, Golden Buzzer couple, high school dancers, and BOTH singing acts at the end are IN ???

The sparkly outfit stunt duet, BOTH boy singers, and BOTH comedians are OUT ???

Happy for the cats(!!!) and for the group of guys who do the black-out/neon lights act ... SO SO good.

But seriously?  How did neither of those adorable, talented boys not get in over the high school dancers !?!?

How did the sparkly outfit stunt duet not get in -- they blew me away.

Scary girl didn't scare me ... she's a nothing.  Didn't effect me whatsoever.  

And yes, the 71 yr. old female dancer is truly amazing.  But Golden Buzzer???  

This was one of my least favorite episodes I've ever seen of this show.  Totally bummed.

• Love 12

I may have to officially hate Martina McBride for wasting her golden buzzer

You could save a step, and hate the Golden Buzzer--though I've been tilting at that windmill for years now.

I could hate the producers for not having her sing, but maybe that's coming later this season, so for now I'll leave that as strong dislike (plus still a black hole of hatred for the buzzer itself.)

The Sacred Riana gave an old trick (House of Wonders) some new spins, including blending in an old-school magic staple.   As Penn & Teller might have said, "I think I know how it was done, but she did it really well."

Bonus credit for Chase to use  "I put a spell on you" as a song in their commercial afterwards.

ETA:  Maybe I liked her more *because* I figured it out--but I liked the doll as misdirection and credit for lip-syncing if she's not comfortable speaking English. 

Also, I wonder what year more of these acts would have made it to the finals?  Because maybe I had something better to do that year.

Edited by marketdoctor
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MagnanimousRex said:

And the trick was mediocre.  I can see how she did it.

I want to like her because I love magic so will support it whenever it is on the show but her whole character is pretty derivative. It is a very played out horror trope and unless she is doing it wandering around Universal Studios during Halloween Nights, it isn't the least bit creepy. The head twitch especially. Just looks silly. But she has a character and is running with it, so how about her magic? Well, that was as basic as they come for stage illusions. I really hope she can do more.

Was hoping Oliver would be a wildcard but he mentioned on reddit that he hasn't been contacted by the show so probably is out.

While I don't care for the 71 year old dancer I was glad they got the golden buzzer. It should be used for who that particular judge really likes, not for an act that is universally loved and basically guaranteed to move through. That is how it was presented when they first started having it.

Biggest downer was the high school dance group. So they get buzzed during their performance, no one really had anything super supportive to say and they get through over some amazing acrobats and other much better dance troops? What a croc. 

One more week to go with Chris Hardwick as guest judge.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lynxfx said:

Biggest downer was the high school dance group. So they get buzzed during their performance, no one really had anything super supportive to say and they get through over some amazing acrobats and other much better dance troops? What a croc.

Only one crock among many tonight. Simon nailed it in his comments. They may be a good high school dance troupe but this show needs something more. And the music and choreography had nothing to do with their Alice in Wonderland costumes. They didn't tell the story, it was pointless, and he criticized their teacher/leader. So they go through??? Over the brothers who juggled each other with their feet, and totally stepped it up from last time, were completely amazing, and had the judges on the end of their seats???

I was stunned the brothers didn't go through. Simon always says that he started AGT to showcase acts like that. And then they get passed over for mediocre singers who wouldn't cut it on The Voice. So now on the lives we have Us the Duo and We Three. Anyone see a trend? Both acts for me are completely forgettable.

I think the Sacred Rhianna is much ado about nothing. The magic tricks she does are pretty basic. Was Mel legitimately freaked out? Probably, since I don't think she's that good an actress. She had a very low fear threshold.

18 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

The golden buzzer wasn't a singer at least...? In my opinion, I wouldn't have given it to Quin and Misha. All I saw was Misha picking Quin up and spinning her around while she was posing...and more posing. There wasn't that much footwork from them...I saw more footwork in their package than I saw in their actual performance.

Another crock. There was literally almost no dancing in their act. He just picked her up and twirled her. What it comes down to is they got a Golden Buzzer because she's 70 and has good legs. Now there's a million dollar talent right there! On top of the ridiculous GB choice, I though Martina McBride contributed zilch to the show.

Award for Most Delusional Contestant is between Bone Hampton, who apparently didn't make the judges laugh, and Ms.Trysh, who crashed and burned, yet both seemed shocked they didn't go through. The award goes to Ms. Trysh, for saying the judges were wrong and she would've killed it on the live show. You mean, you might've remembered the words?

The judges kept saying that Oliver was completely original and unlike anyone else. For my money, he's a copy of Steven Wright. But his lines aren't as funny.

The cat act is kind of lame but it does make me smile, and I'd rather watch anything than another singer or hip hop dance troupe. So I'm pulling for them and for and Udi Dance Troupe, largely because of the work they're doing with kids back home. But overall this has been a really dismal season.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bluepiano said:

I was stunned the brothers didn't go through. Simon always says that he started AGT to showcase acts like that. And then they get passed over for mediocre singers who wouldn't cut it on The Voice. So now on the lives we have Us the Duo and We Three. Anyone see a trend? Both acts for me are completely forgettable.

I hate the unfair "but can you take it to the next level" trope as it pertains to acrobats on this show, but when you flat out say that you're going to perform your most dangerous trick blindfolded, you're kind of asking to be cut.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MagnanimousRex said:

And the trick was mediocre.  I can see how she did it.

I could see the outline of the pictures on the blank pages. I find her act intriguing, but they need to be more careful with the lighting. They also need to tell Mel B to calm down lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Manda317 said:

They also need to tell Mel B to calm down lol.

I really feel that Mel B was in on the act, simply because of a video that I saw where she pulled the same trick on Asia's Got Talent.  If you go to YouTube and type in her name, several videos will be there.

• Love 1

I can't rag on the waste of the golden buzzer too much because of the other poor acts the producers put through. I assume there is already one or two preferred chosen winners and they don't want anyone challenging them. If it's a singer, they don't want them upstaged by a couple of prepubescent boys. 

I preferred Angel over Jeffrey, but I expected Jeffrey to go through. I was very surprised. 

I did not understand putting the Alice in Wonderland group through. They were noticeably not very good. 

The women in the golden buzzer dance looks unbelievable for 71. She was probably a model in her real life - or could be one if she wanted to. Putting someone through because they do well for their age is not a good basis for judging dancers. They were mediocre and I wish Martina would have used it to put Oliver though. 

In the end, it probably doesn't matter who they put through, although some of these guys could have used the extra exposure on a giant talent show - even they aren't the chosen one. Putting obviously mediocre acts that won't win makes this show boring. 

I thought the creepy girl was boring. The act just dragged. 

I'm glad the cats went through. 

• Love 5

Yep, this season has been a huge disappointment! Here are my rankings for yesterday's performances. From worst to the best.

7. Savitsky Cats - CATS! CATS! Huh? These are freaking cats! How in the Wide World of Sports did the judges put these animals through? I thought the act was sloppy and I wouldn't pay Monopoly money to see them!

6. PAC Dance Team - Sigh!!!! They are a dance team. We've all seen most of these routines before. I was bored.

5. Noah Guthrie - Who? No, seriously! Who? Ok, ok, I'll behave. I had to see his performance again because I forgot how sounded. But I forgot again as I'm writing this post, but I'm not seeing him a third time!

4. Quin and Misha - They were not worthy of the Golden Buzzer. Misha, looking great for 71 years is how they got the GB.

3. We Three - This band was just ok for me. They didn't wow me. I don't think I would pay to see them.

2. Sacred Riana - Sure I figured out how the trick was done (I think I did..lol), but her whole act is fun, interesting and different (at least for me). I want to see what she does next.

1. UDI Dance - By far the best of the night! Their story telling is great and the special effects are top notch. Too bad them Shin Lim the magician made it to the live shows..lol!

Thank goodness there is one more week of these cuts. Bring on the live shows! 

• Love 2

The commercial for Christopher Robin was the best part of the show.  I just love that silly old bear.

I would have put through the cats, the board jumpers, Fratelli Rossi, Oliver, and UDI Dance (although I laughed at their sob story because I'm a horrible person).  

If they had to put a singer through, it should have been Jeffrey.

All others can hit the road.  

• Love 3

But she has a character and is running with it, so how about her magic? Well, that was as basic as they come for stage illusions. I really hope she can do more.

I would describe her magic as classic rather than basic. If you don't know how it's done, it has a great wow factor. If you do know how it's done, she gives her illusions a polished, unique presentation with a good build to the final moment. And while you'd think horror and magic would be a common blend, I can't think of many other magicians who do it. Even the goth magician whose name I'm forgetting is just goth in his aesthetic. He's not horror in his presentation.

What I like about Sacred Riana--in addition to her commitment to character work--is that it's easy to see how she'd build a longer show and create a complete experience. 

7. Savitsky Cats - CATS! CATS! Huh? These are freaking cats! How in the Wide World of Sports did the judges put these animals through? I thought the act was sloppy and I wouldn't pay Monopoly money to see them!

I take it you're not a cat person? :) I thought the cats are adorable and fun, and it is mind blowing that the trainers can get them to perform so smoothly. There's a reason cats don't typically do tricks like dogs do! I'm not sure how they'll keep things fresh and interesting for the live shows, but personally, I would award them the win for what we've seen already... because they have cats legitimately doing circus tricks!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

and it is mind blowing that the trainers can get them to perform so smoothly.

My girl cat (who lives with my parents and loves my dad more than anyone) would have run off and hid under the bed before getting anywhere close to even leaving the house. (She's very skittish and spends most of her time on or under my dad's bed.)

Her brother (my mom's cat, who sadly died last week) might have sprawled on the floor doing the "rub-my-belly trap" trick, or possibly, if in the right mood and provided with a comfy person in a comfy chair, showed off his biscuit-making talents.

I don't think they'll be winning me a million bucks any time soon.

• Love 10

The Stavitsky Cats are magnificent. I just lost my sweet fluffy girl last week so maybe my emotions are getting the best of me, but I adore them and just...omg y'all. These cats do tricks. Like they're dogs. A human tells them to do something and they do it. It defies the laws of nature as we know them.

I found OC Music and Dance's cover of "Praying" to be an attack targeted at me specifically. That small clip we heard was horrendous--as if poor Kesha hasn't suffered enough!

As a former dancer, dance is the category on this show that I feel most qualified to critique, and the PAC Dance Team's continued presence boggles the mind. For starters, I distinctly remember them getting montaged in the audition rounds, and am having trouble thinking of any act that got that treatment and still made it into the live shows. Even for a high school dance team, they are terrible. Presumably the lead girl is supposed to be their best dancer and she honestly might be the worst of them (though maybe I just take more notice of her since she's so heavily featured). The judges couldn't muster any enthusiasm and still put them through? Is it because they were apparently a viral sensation at one point and might bring in some extra eyeballs? Whatever. I look forward to them quietly being cut in the quarter finals.

I am really stunned that neither Angel Garcia nor Jeffrey Li made it to the lives. They definitely set it up to make it look like Jeffrey would get in over Angel, but I wouldn't have been surprised if they both made it given this show's track record. It's nice to not be able to predict things so easily with obvious editing, this show should pull the rug out from under us more often.

6 hours ago, bluepiano said:

The award goes to Ms. Trysh, for saying the judges were wrong and she would've killed it on the live show. You mean, you might've remembered the words?

I actually said "What?!" out loud in my apartment to no one when she made this comment. Look, I get it sucks that your nerves got the best of you and that maybe if you'd remembered the words you would have gone through. But she had to know it was over once she stumbled like that, right?

A couple years ago there was a comedian--I'm blanking on his full name but his first name was definitely Scott, and he performed in drag--who absolutely killed at his audition. He seemed like a shoe-in for the lives, but then in judge cuts he completely blanked on his set. I was devastated, but neither he nor I were surprised when he got cut, because how can you send someone through who can't even finish their act?

Quin and Misha getting the Golden Buzzer was definitely a thing that happened.

Anyone notice that Noah Guthrie's Twitter handle is @Only1Noah? I mean...that's not even close to being true.

Wait wait wait...Fratelli Rossi do the trick they stumbled on in the auditions blindfolded, nail it, and get cut? Typical.

Noooooo, Oliver :(

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I really feel that Mel B was in on the act, simply because of a video that I saw where she pulled the same trick on Asia's Got Talent.  If you go to YouTube and type in her name, several videos will be there.

Condolences to Mel B in advanced.  The Sacred Riana in the Asian version, purposely scared the same female judge over and over again in her acts.

One thing about Riana, is that she does not break character at all.  This was her reaction winning Asia's got talent.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, helenamonster said:

As a former dancer, dance is the category on this show that I feel most qualified to critique, and the PAC Dance Team's continued presence boggles the mind. For starters, I distinctly remember them getting montaged in the audition rounds, and am having trouble thinking of any act that got that treatment and still made it into the live shows. Even for a high school dance team, they are terrible. Presumably the lead girl is supposed to be their best dancer and she honestly might be the worst of them (though maybe I just take more notice of her since she's so heavily featured). The judges couldn't muster any enthusiasm and still put them through? Is it because they were apparently a viral sensation at one point and might bring in some extra eyeballs? Whatever. I look forward to them quietly being cut in the quarter finals..

Wait wait wait...Fratelli Rossi do the trick they stumbled on in the auditions blindfolded, nail it, and get cut? Typical.

Thank you for lending your expertise in support of what my untrained eye thought, that the PAC Dance Team was really bad on all counts. I was stunned they got through. As stunned as I was that Fratelli and Rossi didn't. Simon is always telling the acrobatic acts that they need to step it up. That was the best example of "stepping it up" I've seen in many years of watching this show. So count me completely baffled, and pissed off, that they were rejected. Especially given that acts going to the lives include a third rate high school dance team and a 70 year old woman getting tosses around like a sack of potatoes.

Beginning to think the only way to make sense of these judges cuts is that they've already decided the three or four acts they want in the final, so are just putting through a lot of fodder who will not interfere with their choices.  Although you never know. Bad though they may be, the high school dance troupe could become a viewer favorite. (With the same people who gave them over 2 million views on YouTube).

The other thing I've realized is that no matter how much Simon blathers on about loving the variety acts, he is always pushing the singers and bands. That's been the bread and butter of his career. I'm a musician myself, and have nothing against singers. But the quality of musical acts on AGT has ben relentlessly mediocre. And that's being kind.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, seltzer3 said:

Condolences to Mel B in advanced.  The Sacred Riana in the Asian version, purposely scared the same female judge over and over again in her acts.

One thing about Riana, is that she does not break character at all.  This was her reaction winning Asia's got talent.

She apparently also won a show called stand up magician and was runner up in another show called the next mentalist. 

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 4

I still haven't seen anyone that I think can take Courtney and her 43 million views down. She is now the 4th most watched video of all time on the AGT youtube channel.

1. Grace Audition 86 Million

2 Kenichi Audition 78 million 

3 Darci Audition 50 million 

4  Courtney Audition 43 Million 

and shes only performed 1 time..

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 2

While I love Sacred Riana's schtick as a magic performance piece, I haven't actually found her acts that scary. But I'm a complete and total horror wuss, so I don't know what I was thinking clicking that nightmare fuel Instagram video! 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, helenamonster said:

the PAC Dance Team's continued presence boggles the mind. For starters, I distinctly remember them getting montaged in the audition rounds, 

This may sound terrible, but all I can think of is that Simon must have a thing for their coach.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I take it you're not a cat person? :) I thought the cats are adorable and fun, and it is mind blowing that the trainers can get them to perform so smoothly. There's a reason cats don't typically do tricks like dogs do! I'm not sure how they'll keep things fresh and interesting for the live shows, but personally, I would award them the win for what we've seen already... because they have cats legitimately doing circus tricks!

I know that everyone has their way of voting or deciding who they want to go through. Everyone has their way of choosing their favorite act. I have nothing against cats or dogs, and I'm not implying that this is you, but I think people will just vote for the cat act because they have cats. That's all they need! As long as the cat "meows" or the dog "woofs", they're going to vote for them. There are much better acts out there that deserve to win. Yes, I'll admit what the cats did was entertaining and fun, but I think this act is best suited as a guest act, not the main event. If I saw this act at a Las Vegas show, but this was one of "many acts" to come, then yes, this act would be good. But to win the whole enchilada? Sorry, but no! Of course this is my opinion. :)   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I know that everyone has their way of voting or deciding who they want to go through. Everyone has their way of choosing their favorite act. I have nothing against cats or dogs, and I'm not implying that this is you, but I think people will just vote for the cat act because they have cats. That's all they need! As long as the cat "meows" or the dog "woofs", they're going to vote for them. There are much better acts out there that deserve to win. Yes, I'll admit what the cats did was entertaining and fun, but I think this act is best suited as a guest act, not the main event. If I saw this act at a Las Vegas show, but this was one of "many acts" to come, then yes, this act would be good. But to win the whole enchilada? Sorry, but no! Of course this is my opinion. :)   

As has been said many times before, the Vegas portion of the prize is to "Headline a Las Vegas show". So it isn't an entire show of JUST the winner. It is the winner + the Top 10 and/or a selection of other popular contestants from the previous season. Basically, they put on 1 or 2 weeks worth of 2 hour shows, each act gets 2 slots, the headliner might get a 3rd slot and that's about it. 

So the "I wouldn't watch a full show of just *act*" is a non issue because that isn't what is going to happen, and hasn't happened for a long long time now. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, rr2911 said:

but I think people will just vote for the cat act because they have cats. That's all they need! As long as the cat "meows" or the dog "woofs", they're going to vote for them.

I respectfully disagree. I don't have cats, I strongly DISLIKE cats, I would never EVER own one, but I love love LOVE the circus cat act. It's my favorite and I hope it wins the whole thing.

In contrast, I am a dog person, have many dogs, make a living with dogs, yet I did not like Olathe Dogs at all and thought it was a crock that it won this show. The whole act was common, a duplicate of every other circus dog act in the world.

But there you go, different strokes and all.

Meanwhile, I HATE the spooky girl. I dislike everything about her and her act. I want to walk up on the stage, grab her by the shoulder and drag her off stage and tell her to go home. AND wash her hair and put a ponytail on it.

I got a laugh out of Howie telling Angel he is singing songs not appropriate to his age when Angel only sings in Spanish. I guess Howie is bilingual. Who knew?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

I love the cats! They're easily my favorite act, in what's been a lackluster year for this show. (Also, even though it wasn't "professional", I laughed out loud when that cute Siamese/Himalayan? stopped to groom his/herself in the middle of the performance.) 

I didn't notice during his first audition, but Noah's voice kind of reminds me of David Gray's. That said, even though I like David Gray, Noah = zzzz.

As for Oliver -- I like his style of comedy, but I didn't find him as funny as other comics with similar styles. But I would have taken him over the unfunny female comic who made it through last week.

Sacred Riana = whatever. I don't care for her, but at least I can remember her (which is more than I can say for a lot of the "talent" this year). This doesn't mean that I want her to win.

Finally, speaking of not wanting somebody to win -- I'm sure Courtney is a lovely girl and all, but I really hope that she doesn't win. Three 12-13 year old girl winners in a row?! It would be one thing if they were all good; Darci was, but Courtney... isn't (even Grace sounded better than her!).

• Love 3
On 8/1/2018 at 10:03 PM, Zuleikha said:

The cats were the only thing I cared about one way or another, it's amazing that they actually respond to commands! 

And considering that watching cat videos is how the majority of internet users seem to spend their time, I'd say there actually is a market there. They wouldn't necessarily have to make a live show out of it, they could do Youtube videos and make money the same way other famous Youtube acts do. The publicity from this show would give them an enormous audience to start with. If GrumpyCat's owner can make millions just for a funny looking cat, why not these ladies and the work they've put in? 

Finally, speaking of not wanting somebody to win -- I'm sure Courtney is a lovely girl and all, but I really hope that she doesn't win. Three 12-13 year old girl winners in a row?! It would be one thing if they were all good; Darci was, but Courtney... isn't (even Grace sounded better than her!).

I clearly missed the show she was on, but the many, many references to her made me look her up. Yikes. The singing was bad and the full-body jerk was hard to watch. How on earth is that front-runner material? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I got a laugh out of Howie telling Angel he is singing songs not appropriate to his age when Angel only sings in Spanish. I guess Howie is bilingual. Who knew?

While they gushed over a five-year-old girl singing a song from the perspective of a man looking back at the end of his life, and a 13-year-old girl singing a song about a guy trying to persuade a girl to go home with him. ?

• Love 4
On 7/31/2018 at 7:24 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I truly think the Golden Buzzer was wasted on this one and the fact that my Oliver didn't go through broke my heart. 

He's my Oliver too!  I like him.  It's obvious he wouldn't win the season's million dollars, but I do like him and his act.

• Love 3
On 8/1/2018 at 11:03 AM, marketdoctor said:

You could save a step, and hate the Golden Buzzer--though I've been tilting at that windmill for years now.

They should replace the golden confetti with three dollar bills, that's how phony this whole thing is.  It should be the Three Dollar Bill Buzzer.

• Love 2
On 8/3/2018 at 9:06 AM, saber5055 said:

I respectfully disagree. I don't have cats, I strongly DISLIKE cats, I would never EVER own one, but I love love LOVE the circus cat act. It's my favorite and I hope it wins the whole thing.

In contrast, I am a dog person, have many dogs, make a living with dogs, yet I did not like Olathe Dogs at all and thought it was a crock that it won this show. The whole act was common, a duplicate of every other circus dog act in the world.

But there you go, different strokes and all.

Meanwhile, I HATE the spooky girl. I dislike everything about her and her act. I want to walk up on the stage, grab her by the shoulder and drag her off stage and tell her to go home. AND wash her hair and put a ponytail on it.

If anything, The Sacred Riana's hair looks clean to me.

• Love 4

Re Noah, the one and only Noah (ref. to his twitter handle):  

At least I enjoyed "Whipping Post" because it's a song I know and one of my Allman Brothers Band favorites.  The Simon Stops the Song Act is overdone now.  Simon, Stop It!

I'm on Team Cats.  I'm rooting for The Savitsky Cats, and the scorpions.  ;)

And Oliver to come back as a wildcard.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

And Oliver to come back as a wildcard.

He's spoken since the episode aired and said that the show hasn't contacted him at all. So if there is a wildcard, he probably isn't it.

How many live shows are there before the finale?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Do they still do wildcards? 

They do. They bring about three contestants/groups back for the lives. Later in the season - the semi-finals I believe - they bring back an act that was voted off during the lives as a wild card.

• Love 1