Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: It's All Greek to Me

• Start Topic

In this first look at Josiah and Lauren's wedding, the bride and groom say their I do's and have their first kiss, then wind back six months earlier to the beginning of their courtship; Joe and Kendra go on their honeymoon in Greece.

Formerly known as: S07.E09: First Comes A Wedding, Then Comes A Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Are courtship rules going to be explained again? Asking for  a friend.

Well, tell your friend it is a given since JD explain the difference between courting and being engaged in his engagement video, so I am sure the courtship rules will be explained again and again. I suggest your friend grab a pillow to beat his or her head against when the Duggars go on and on about courtship, engagement, marriage and having children.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Well, tell your friend it is a given since JD explain the difference between courting and being engaged in his engagement video, so I am sure the courtship rules will be explained again and again. I suggest your friend grab a pillow to beat his or her head against when the Duggars go on and on about courtship, engagement, marriage and having children.

Forget the pillow and buy booze.  Depending on the quantity and your rules for a counting on drinking game, you'll just need to pillow to pass out on and drool into.  Damn, now I have to start rules for a drinking game.  Mr Dragon and I already have a drinking game for cooking shows in general, so hmmm.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Holy god how can none of them name a single figure from Greek mythology? WHO HASN'T HEARD OF ZEUS?! Looks like Ben really is interested in educating himself. And I suspect that Jeremy was pretending some ignorance to not highlight how stupid his wife and her family are. He knows how these things work. 

Because Greek mythology involves two things they consider evil- myths and Gods other than the one true God. Teaching it would be blasphemy. 

• Love 19

I feel sorry for Joe having to endure Kendra's non-stop giggling.  It seems to bother him, otherwise I don't think he would have mention how she is even more giggly at bedtime. 

Gee, why am I not surprise that Austin doesn't like to snuggle?! 

• Love 14

Re: The Greek God thing

Ben annoyed me more than the ones that just flat out admitted they didn't know any, with his rattling off names and his smirk asking if he should continue.  Yes, Ben, you should continue until you can name a Greek god other than Zeus.  Maybe I should give him half credit for Hercules but I docked him for his superior attitude. 

I can accept honest ignorance, but not some simpleton trying to act like an intellectual when, in reality, he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

• Love 18

Joe picks up his plate and licks it clean?  Yikes!  Kendra's giggling might be annoying yet age appropriate, but there's no excuse for a grown man not having table manners. I wonder if he has a learning disability?

Jessa and Ben seem happy and so do Jinger and Jeremy.

• Love 21
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes, especially the part where a Duggar tells us each couple sets their own guidelines about courtship standards.

• Love 5
(edited)

Joe picks up his plate and licks it clean?  Yikes! 

I thought he was going to say he learned it from Josie, when he said Kendra would be surprised who he learned it from.

I do not mind Kendra's giggling. I have a nervous laugh, so if I was being filmed I probably would be just as annoying.

I think Kendra would be good at selling used cars at the car lot. She would have to stop giggling so much, but I think she would be good at it.

Henry and Spurge are adorable.

I will be at my table for one in not being enamored with Jinger and Jeremy. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought he was going to say he learned it from Josie, when he said Kendra would be surprised who he learned it from.

I do not mind Kendra's giggling. I have a nervous laugh, so if I was being filmed I probably would be just as annoying.

Henry and Spurge are adorable.

I will be at my table for one in not being enamored with Jinger and Jeremy. 

Misslindsey, save a place for me at the table! I'll be right back! Gonna go get us some margaritas!

• Love 10

I thought Joe and Kendra did pretty well in Greece. Yes, there were language and cultural issues- but they tried to get a sense of the culture, history and food. She giggles too much, but she’s young.

i also thought that we saw that Si was actually happy to be with Lauren.  

• Love 11

My friend took one look at Lauren and said, "Now there's a girl with an agenda.  She seems like a very calculating young woman."

Not sure I see it but she does seem very self possessed and not lacking in confidence.

• Love 7

I liked seeing Lauren's confidence, actually. I was pleasantly surprised that she seemed so mature. Complaining about"finally" being engaged when they had 9 months from friendship to wedding was pretty lame but that's what she been taught.

And Kendra, pass  your spanakopita to me! One of my favorite things.

• Love 12

Joe looked so uptight in Greece.  Several times, he reminded me of JB.

I thought it was strange that Jessa taught Joe how to lick his plate clean. Food insecurities growing up?

It seems Jessa and Ben are not preventing.  They both agreed they could have another baby by their 4th anniversary. I was hoping they'd decided to quit after 2.  Dream on.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, louannems said:

It seems Jessa and Ben are not preventing.  They both agreed they could have another baby by their 4th anniversary. I was hoping they'd decided to quit after 2.  Dream on.

Did they? I missed part of the conversation, but Jessa did not look like she really wanted another baby at the time this was filmed. They said it was a possibility, but I did not think they necessarily agreed upon it. I do not expect any of these couples practice any sort of prevention, because that is not what they are taught. I did miss some of their conversation so you probably got it right.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

And I suspect that Jeremy was pretending some ignorance to not highlight how stupid his wife and her family are. He knows how these things work. 

You might be right and if so that also makes Jeremy more self-aware and empathetic than Jim Bob, most of the Duggar boys, some of the Duggar girls and a few of the spouses <cough-Derrick-cough> .  Jinger's no dummy either, sheltered yes but not unable to learn - I'd guess that her world has been expanding by leaps and bounds since she got married which must take a lot of patience on JerBabe's part to teach her without making her feel silly or stupid.

9 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

Not going to lie that Air Restaurant freaked me out to no end.....plus it was sad when the lady was asking Kendra if she was going to work.....

I'm with you!  As much as we tease about the Duggar's being resistant to trying new things especially when it comes for "foreign" food I guess we all have our limits and being strapped to those seats and raised that high would have been a big NOPE for me.  And when they reclined their chairs I could hardly watch.  So extra points for them trying that one. Greece is so beautiful - This old lady first fell in love with it through the movie Shirley Valentine and a lot of the areas they were in last night are still as pretty as I remember.

Austin showed emotion twice!  Progress, he does have other facial expressions!

The rest was pretty predictable - Ben & Jessa do married things, Joy talks about the baby, JB and MeChelle make one brief appearance to remind us they still exist, TLC pretends Jill, Derrick and Josh don't exist (and by extension Anna and the kids who don't deserve to be ignored but are hiplocked to Josh), wedding night baby expectations still the norm as Kendra is immediately asked when she's going to be pregnant.  Kendra giggles (a lot!), Up coming season is full of "surprises" that we already know about because they happened months ago and had 27 People articles already covering them.  

• Love 15

There is a whole camera crew follow Joe and Kendrab around keeping them from doing anything too dangerous and idiotic in Greece.

TLC handlers book their flights, set up the hotels, get approvals for location sites, plan a shooting schedule around places and thing presented to the couple in advance of the honeymoon.

I'd like to see what kind of honeymoon the couple would come up themselves with no help or money from TLC...heart shaped tub in the Poconos or Niagara Falls...never mind how I know....

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

They.....are making.....and album............................................

Well, at least it's got the inherent potential promise of plot structure!

Once upon a time, I worked a job where they had the bright idea of getting different departmental groups bonding, by sending small mixed groups out to restaurants on the company's dime.  It was pretty successful as a mixer, but I remember once being placed with a woman I knew from customer service who, when her plate at the restaurant arrived, raised her plate off the table and practically stuck her nose in it. 

Well, I guess she must be used to the weird looks by now, because I could scarcely keep mine off my face, having thought she possessed at least the basic amounts of table manners; because instantaneously she said, "I have to stop doing that to see if the food is fresh in restaurants, because my son is now starting to do it in imitation of me, and I had to scold him the other day when we went to my mothers', "Don't you go sniffing Grand-ma-ma's food!"  Mostly it was appalling that I had to keep the straight face.  I thought, "Gee, YA THINK your kid is learning this type of behavior is second nature off of you?!?"

That said, Joe should really keep in mind that Jessa has managed to break herself of the plate-licking habit...  

• Love 2