Type keyword(s) to search

Making It - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, leighdear said:

Etsy is SO overloaded with products and listings, it's almost impossible to find things.  It's suffering from Ebay-itis.  It got so big, so fast and started allowing mass-made crap and other products that don't fit what it originally represented.  I'm a die-hard crafter, but I stopped bothering with it about 2 years ago.

Yes! For years, I have bought handmade minimalistic silver jewelry off Etsy from a woman in Canada. I love her so much and will be lost if she ever stops selling. It's HARD to find good quality handmade wares on Etsy now because of all the crap they allow. It was a big scandal--and big mistake IMO--when they allowed mass-produced garbage to be sold.

I looked at Etsy's Making It page the other day, and it has links to some of the contestants' stores and Dayna's ("Etsy lady") jewelry. There are also links to crafts "inspired by" the challenges--constellation maps, cornhole, ring toss (oddly enough, they were uninspired by Nicole's very similar version), etc.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

You guys are so right about Etsy lady. Anyone can follow a trend but it is the people that set trends in the future who are the real innovators.

However, she does look good lounging in a rainbow fort. 

But her earrings were hiddy.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

Chips to eat with graham cracker crumbs? Seriously?

Yeah, this was gross. I did laugh out loud at the bones and the gummy bears, though. Food was a weird challenge for the makers overall.

As to the discussion above (too lazy to quote, sorry), I don't mind that they can some up with a plan in advance. It seems necessary for the supplies. Some equivalent to the GBBO technical challenge, where they have to make something using a particular technique chosen by surprise, would be interesting... But realistically some of the techniques (woodworking or quilting or something) would not be things you could just drop onto someone who's never done them. At least in baking a lot of the skills are transferrable; even if you're making something a little weird or different the equipment and the chemistry still works the same.

• Love 8

I thought the food stadium challenge was an interesting twist because, as Nick pointed out, the contestants are used to working with other types of materials to construct their crafts. On Project Runway, the judges sometimes say that challenges are won or lost when the designers choose their fabrics. In this case, I think that some of them made smarter choices when deciding what kind of food to use.

Robert's aquatic themed stadium was a fun idea but my main issue is that if I hadn't been told what it was, I wouldn't really know what it was supposed to be. There were the vertical compartments holding gummi sharks, bottled beverages, goldfish crackers, and potato chips. Then there were bowls with nutter butters? And ice cream cones? For that reason alone, I wouldn't have made him the winner.

Amber's Rosé Bowl was a fun play on the Rose Bowl, and it was much more obvious what it was without an explanation. I didn't think the bubble wands should really count as the kinetic component though.

Jo's ice skating stadium was a cute idea and she put a lot of detail into it. I love that she made all of those heads for the audience.

I loved Khiem's rice krispy colosseum because it looked exactly like what it was. He also made a smart choice to use something firm (rice krispy squares) for structural integrity. The bones and gummi bears on the sand were hilarious.

Nicole's rockamole just looked like a big brown lump. I totally get that she wanted to do something with rock climbing but (1) it didn't fit the stadium/party theme and (2) visually it was not appealing. It didn't look like something that took as long to construct as the other stadiums.

Billy's soccer charcuterie was a good idea in theory. His kinetic element was fun and his soccer ball looked really good, but the goalies made of food looked a little too much like something a kid would make.

Amber's Havana domino park was simple but cute. I liked the pastel colors and it was cool that she made her own stamps to create the patterns on each seat cushion. I really liked that she made the chairs out of 5 gallon buckets, rope, and glue. I also liked that she added the Calle Ocho sign.

Jo's cacti cribbage/ring toss was a fun two in one game idea. While I liked the colors she used for her shibori, my concern was that as the cotton t-shirts stretch out, your butt will slowly get closer to the ground.

Robert's stargazing party looked very finished and cohesive (it looked like something you could find in the window at Pottery Barn), but it seemed a bit simple compared to what everyone else did. I understand why the judges didn't find the actual seating comfortable because of the size and shape of the inner tubes, but I felt like they went out of their way to get into the most uncomfortable position possible instead of just sitting on top like Amy did.

Billy's clambake was so fun to. I don't know how comfortable the lobster trap seating would be after half an hour, but it definitely fit his theme. I liked his candlestick bowling set up too. All of the clams and accessories he made were cute and really added to the atmosphere.

Khiem's backyard theater was so colorful! I wasn't sure how I would like the row of chairs, but I liked that he angled the seats back and included cup holders. I also liked that he put thought into the chair fabric and picked something that was durable but comfortable. I really liked the concept and the execution was great.

Nicole's Hawaii hangout was not boho chic. It was straight up hippie (not that there's anything wrong with that). I thought the judges would love the swings because who doesn't love swings? I know that not everyone has old sturdy oak trees to hang swings on, but that's why people buy or make stands. I remember when my sister was in college, her roommate bought an airchair (which holds up to 350 pounds) and they hung it from the ceiling of the house they were renting without any problems. It's not a huge problem, Simon.

Khiem did great at both challenges this week so I'm glad he won!

• Love 6
On 8/15/2018 at 2:52 PM, bigmag said:

How did the guy that just covered the inner tubes not get eliminated?  They weren't very crafty and they certainly weren't at all comfortable for seating.

Yeah, I was sure he'd be gone. 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:45 PM, cherbitrary said:

Yes! And he said something about it being hard to find a place IN the house, like he forgot it was an "outdoor" challenge, then threw the tree comment in. So many outdoor hanging options. Has he never heard of porch swings?

I did wonder, though, if she should have had to make what they were hanging from. 

On 8/16/2018 at 11:19 AM, dleighg said:

On the stadium things, I thought the meat one was the only one that had stuff that people would really chow down on. Dry tortilla wraps? Yuk. Cake + swedish fish? Yuk.   The ice-skating rink was ok. But her moving element didn't move? Chips to eat with graham cracker crumbs? Seriously?

Not only did her skater not move, but when she turned around for them, they all clapped and said that was great. There had to be a moving element! 

Re: candlepin (or ten pin) bowling: I grew up in Massachusetts and moved to Denver as a kid. Our local bowling alley was super old, and you had to press the button to reset the pins yourself; it wasn't automatic. We took those huge (to us) regular bowling balls and rolled them down the lane *three* times, like you do with candlepin, and of course we were getting spares every frame. Til someone told us to knock it off. 

I'm still loving Amy and Nick together, though I did rewind a few times to see if Amy was flashing the white power sign at the beginning when she said they were on day three. 

• Love 1

Agree with everyone that the Etsy judge is getting on my last nerve.  It just sounds so pretentious and phony to me, and I'm sorry but I cannot take "trend spotter" seriously as a career.

On a separate note, there was a British interior design competition on Netflix that I watched awhile back.  I can't remember the title.  But the designers met with the homeowners and planned their designs ahead of time, but then during the actual work phase they were pulled aside and given a quick, unplanned challenge.  Like - here's a pile of random stuff; you have two hours to make something cool.  I think that could definitely serve to fill in the gap for the technical challenge in GBBO. It would be different in that not everyone would be trying to make the same thing, but at least they would all be starting from the same place. In fact, I might replace the first Faster Craft segment with this format.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mcgkgm said:

On a separate note, there was a British interior design competition on Netflix that I watched awhile back.  I can't remember the title.

The Great Interior Design Challenge. I liked it for the most part but felt it dragged  eventually.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2018 at 5:52 PM, bigmag said:

How did the guy that just covered the inner tubes not get eliminated?  They weren't very crafty and they certainly weren't at all comfortable for seating.

I'm still irritated about this. He didn't even do his bleach fabric treatment on all the tubes--just one! No one called him on that.

• Love 4

With Nicole’s, the ring toss looked like an after thought but it was clear that she spent a lot of time on the hanging chairs. His looked like the opposite. It looked like he spent more time making the pillows and the little cards (which, to be fair, all looked nice) than he did on the seating. I’m all for having a complete look, but the chairs were the main component of this challenge. If he had done something, anything, with bleach on the other three, it would have looked better. But using bleach on only one made it look like he ran out of time (even though I think it’s more likely that he didn’t like the way it looked). He could have done one with more splattered bleach and said it was a meteor shower/galaxy inspired look. He could have done another one with just a few larger dots in the shape of a constellation. He could have poured a bunch of bleach on one in a big circle and said it was the moon. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

I thought that the more bleached one was meant to represent the full moon (I think he even said so), and the rest were other, nonspecific phases.  Which would've made more sense if one had been half bleached, one not bleached at all for the new moon, and one some kind of crescent.  But as seating the whole thing seemed pretty ridiculous and uncomfortable, especially for adults.  Making a frame for them and filling in the hole with netting or a sling to make them more like chairs would've at least indicated a little effort.

• Love 4

I think the only reason inner tube guy wasn't eliminated is because he won the first challenge in the episode. Although I completely disagreed with his win. His moving component was fish...but the "pool" part of the stadium was down front. So it was like the fish were swimming behind the bleachers? It made no sense.

21 hours ago, Mystery said:

I'm still loving Amy and Nick together, though I did rewind a few times to see if Amy was flashing the white power sign at the beginning when she said they were on day three. 

It looked like ASL for "asshole" to me.

• Love 2
On 8/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, Mystery said:

though I did rewind a few times to see if Amy was flashing the white power sign at the beginning when she said they were on day three. 

Oh, I bet she counts to three like that because she has kids. I notice kids have an easier time with pinky, ring finger, middle finger to show the number 3. They aren't little kids anymore, but the habit may be hard for her to break. 

On 8/18/2018 at 1:42 PM, theatremouse said:

It looked like ASL for "asshole" to me.

It's the same hand signal with a different meaning. lol

• Love 2

At first I was disappointed that Robert went over Joanna because I've generally liked his work more overall than Joanna's, but as far as this episode, I think her costume was a lot better, and their displays were about the same level of meh. Plus, it seemed like it's still very difficult for him to go outside of his comfort zone. 

I liked Amber's, Billy's, and Khiem's displays, but I wish that Robert and Joanna had done better because I think it took some of the fun out of the challenge because it didn't seem like they really tried at all. 

ETA: Hooray! Making It Has Been Renewed for a Second Season!

Edited by mortonsalt
  • Love 7

I don't understand why Khiem wore the dog head backwards. I just didn't get it at all. Why couldn't he cut a circle in the bottom of the cardboard frame for his head to fit in further back under the dog's head beneath/between the ears, instead of inside if the jaw? WTF. I couldn't believe he won. No one's "costume" was really a knockout, but that dog was just bizarre.

I'm shocked but glad Joanna didn't go home just because I like her for some reason. Her door decorations were pretty terrible--like elementary school classroom door decoration-level terrible. I was fine with Robert going because I'm never going to get over his dumb inner tubes from last week. Amber was the clear winner for the door challenge.

• Love 10

I had a similar issue with a lot of the projects this week which was that they looked very homemade, and not in a good way. I blame part of that on the time constraints (and in the first challenge, having to incorporate at least three of the random materials they were given) but most of the stuff I saw this week is nothing I would pay money for because it looked like something I could do myself.

Joanna's sock monster costume was cute. The details were so funny - the monster face on the front, the sock jail on one side, etc. While I get the criticism that it wasn't the most professional looking, they had three hours to make these costumes.

Khiem being eaten by his dog was hilarious! I liked how he used the materials they were required to use because, like the unconventional material challenges on Project Runway, I don't want to just see that stuff glued on and still looking like what it originally was. I want to see those items transformed so that I don't even know that they're using recycled stuff. I never would have guessed that this costume was made with items they were given and required to use because it just looked like a custom over the top costume. He definitely deserved the win because his costume was well made and had a sense of humor.

Billy's beef cake costume was silly fun. The cake looked good from a distance but I think he lost a lot of points with the judges when one of his loofahs fell off.

Robert's blackbird blueberry pie were a good use of the materials they were given, but I didn't like the finished costume as much because it still looked really homemade.

Amber's pizza costume was well executed. It looked the most finished/professional looking costume. I rolled my eyes when the Etsy lady said she's seen pizza costumes on Etsy before.

Almost every door/porch decoration looked like something that you could buy at the grocery store, your kids made, or you would see in an elementary school classroom. Just too basic and/or homemade looking.

Billy's Fourth of July display was mostly swags and streamers taped or draped. He should have used a template or at least a ruler to cut out the stars because they didn't look like they had totally straight lines/angles. I get the wrestling inspiration, but that giant biceps looked really tacky. I couldn't believe the Etsy lady said that it didn't look cheeseball. Seriously?

I know that Joanne said she was suffering from creativity block this week and she missed her family, but her St. Patrick's Day display looked like a combination of premade stuff (the shamrocks) and something the kids made as a school project (the leprechaun).

Robert's Easter display was too restrained. Minus the pinata looking goose, his display looked like something that might be seen in Martha Stewart because it was simple and very finished, but it was too plain.

Khiem's Halloween display showed the most craft skill. From cutting the tree pieces to the foam for the bark texture to the lighting and the fog, he showed different techniques and actual skills. It was also a very complete and well thought out look.

Amber's Valentine's display looked nice. It definitely looked finished and professional. It could be a store display as is. She put a lot of details and effort into her display - the box of chocolates, the different skin tones of the hands, the hundreds of hearts, all of the letters that she wrote, etc . The addresses on the envelopes cracked me up:

Khiem's Horror House,
666 Satan's Highway
Creepsville, USA

Robert's Bad Egg
123 Golden Goose Blvd.
Spring Chicken, USA

I would have given the win to Khiem.

Etsy lady got demerits for saying "for Simon and I."

• Love 11

Etsy lady is working my last nerve.  Don't like her or her judging critiques.  Simon can stay, but I hope they find someone with more personality for Judge #2 (if they even need one) nest season.

I was initially rooting for Billy b/c he's from my neck of the woods, but....I'm not seeing any real talent week to week.  His stuff is always the most sloppy & cartoon-y (not in a good way).  Isn't his "specialty" felt?  Other than his (yawn) Hulk Hogan arms last night, has he worked with felt?  I would like to see something he is supposedly an expert at doing.  Yes, I know they all are given challenges "out of their wheelhouses" to see what they can do, but many of the others have done well using materials other then their favorite media.  I'd like to see what Billy can do with his specialty since nothing else has wow factor IMO.

I really liked Khiem's dog!  He definitely has a quirky, more art-y vibe than the other folks.  But he's just so low key...sometimes when he's talking with Amy or Nick I worry he's going to pass out because he speaks with such low energy.  Can we get a blood pressure cuff on his work bench, just to check for a pulse now & then?

Amber is my predicted winner.  I did like her Valentine door, but what was all the fuss about "diversity"?  Because the hands were different colors?  And....??  I am white, married to a Korean American. My BIL is married to a Puerto Rican-Senegalese woman. My sister and her Colombian husband adopted 2 boys from Ghana.  Maybe its because I have lived in diverse or mixed ethnic communities for most of my life, but that wasn't the first thing that "stood out" as a wow factor for me.  It just had a lot of eye catching design.

• Love 15

I think Amber is going to win the whole thing, not that I think she should. I think Khiem (sp?) has been the most creative this whole time. I think his Halloween should have won hands down, that was awesome.

His problem is that he's not "Etsy-friendly" - not on the hottest "trends", or whatever. He's a true artist with a flair for the dark / gothic, and I love it.

Oh boy, did I laugh when Etsy judge said the 4th of July door wasn't too over the top (or whatever she said) - he had giant fucking arms on his door, what does that have to do with Independence Day?

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Eliza422 said:

I think Amber is going to win the whole thing, not that I think she should. I think Khiem (sp?) has been the most creative this whole time. I think his Halloween should have won hands down, that was awesome.

His problem is that he's not "Etsy-friendly" - not on the hottest "trends", or whatever. He's a true artist with a flair for the dark / gothic, and I love it.

Oh boy, did I laugh when Etsy judge said the 4th of July door wasn't too over the top (or whatever she said) - he had giant fucking arms on his door, what does that have to do with Independence Day?

Yes, I think Amber is going to win too. I noticed that in last night's episode like in the first episode, they emphasized that it was important as a mom to think about yourself too. So I think that's definitely more the Etsy demographic than Khiem's designs. 

Plus, I think Amber has also been the most consistent so far. I wouldn't say that her designs have been the most original, but they've been well crafted and look like crafts that could be found on Etsy or Pinterest. 

• Love 5

Nick's concern about Dayna talking to magazines had me in stitches for some reason. And his giggle is just a gift to all of us in this dark time. I know some people are getting tired of Nick and Amy's banter, but them cracking each other up is still very much a highlight of this show for me. 

I loved Khiem's dog, even if it made no sense for him to be backwards, and, as an owner of a very beloved dog, the thought of her eating me squicks me out. His aesthetic isn't necessarily a match for the tone of the show, but the gummy bear/candy bone carnage in his Colosseum last week made me laugh so hard, probably because it's just so tonally different. But he's exceedingly talented, and I always love seeing what he creates. Amber does seem to be getting the winner's edit, as they've been showing her "growth," but I'm just hoping that everyone on this show receives a career/sales bump. 

• Love 10

The Halloween costumes were great, but they were all costumes that you couldn't really wear to a party.  I went to a Halloween party dressed as a pair of dice - trust me on this.  You get stuck in the corner and nobody comes to talk to you.  So, while cute, unsuccessful from my point of view.  

I loved Khiem's door and everyone else was a very distant second or third.  Including the Valentine's Day one.  At least she used the hands.

Good for Nick for admitting he was bad at acting at first and had to stand next to someone else who was funny.  And the story about his wife asking him to be her boyfriend was everything.

• Love 9

Yeah, I once made cardboard box into a tv to put myself into as “the bubble headed bleached blonde comes on at 5” from “Dirty Laundry,” and the tv only stayed on my shoulders for a few minutes at the party.

Definitely saw Robert’s exit early in the ep. My favorite for win was Khiem, though. Loved both of his pieces!

Lots of great puns, but the line of the night was “Is that genius, or did he just change genus?”

• Love 7

The only doors that I truly liked were Kheim (I would have given him the win) and Robert’s. 

Ambers’s dismembered mannequin hands made me uncomfortable. I really disliked her door and was annoyed that she won.

Edited by Jessa
  • Love 5

I totally didn't get that Khiem's dog head waa supposed to be eating him. I don't know that my opinion changes now that I know that. It was bizarre. He did use the materials well.

The July 4th door was horrid.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, meep.meep said:

The Halloween costumes were great, but they were all costumes that you couldn't really wear to a party.  I went to a Halloween party dressed as a pair of dice - trust me on this.  You get stuck in the corner and nobody comes to talk to you.  So, while cute, unsuccessful from my point of view.  

They’re also the kind of costumes that you would have to bring with you and then put on when you arrived at your destination because there’s no way you could sit down in a car or on public transportation in any of those except for Amber’s pizza slice. There’s no way you could/should wear them to bars or parties because you would need such a wide berth to turn around that you would be knocking things over and inadvertently shoving parts of your costume into other people’s personal space. 

• Love 3

The Male Judge wants more surreal from Amber?  So she gives him weird, kinda macabre mannequin hands but didn't the same judge knock Kheim  for being dark when he did the abandoned highway craft?  So, I guess dark and weird is ok for Valentine's Day but not a personal take on a terrarium?  ?

Etsy judge had on some "totally on trend" fringed earrings last night. Sure, they were WAAAAAY too big and kinda gaudy, but totally on trend.

• Love 5

I actually told my sister that Amber was going to win it all. She's the pet. But nothing she's done interests me or even wows me.

Love Khiem. He was robbed by not winning the Halloween porch. That looked awesome. The bark on the trees and the smoke effect. Very cool.

Robert is boring. Joanne does "mommy" crafts. Meh.

Wish the contestants had more interesting thought processes. Khiem is the only one who is a true original.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I agree, his Halloween door was by far my favorite. I knew he wasn't going to get the win though because he had already won the first fast craft challenge. I also think his wearing the costume backward might have been a result of his last-minute decision to turn it into a dog - maybe he didn't have enough time to fit it the other way?

I really felt for Joanne - I like almost all of her stuff a lot, she tickles my cutesy bone -- because she clearly was at the end of her rope. St. Patrick's Day is kinda of a shitty holiday to end up with something that isn't "Magically Delicious" and leprechaun-cliche ridden. She was like, yeah, I got nothin', Kiss Me I'm Irish, someone give me a green beer...or 10.

And so agree with everyone on the annoying Etsy judge - she's SO pretentious the way she proclaims things as being "on trend" and "so in right now" and ugh. Shut it, lady! Take your shiboring ass out of here already.

I do give Amber credit for her skills and consistency, I just prefer Khiem's madcap genius.

• Love 7

I like Amber and her skill, but her style is quite Basic, and lacking in a lot of uniqueness. It really does often seem like the stuff you see a million times on Etsy, albeit the high quality stuff. Thats probably why she will end up winning. She has a lot of talent, and does the sort of trendy craft stuff Etsy lady likes so much, so she seems to have this in the bag. Its not really my cup of tea, but she is a good crafter, even if her stuff is kind of dull. 

Joanne kind of got the shaft, being stuck with St. Patrick's Day. Middle school teachers room is pretty much what you get with that holiday, unless you think REALLY outside the box. 

I find Nicks gleeful giggles to be some of the best things on television. He and Amy still make me smile, bad puns and all. 

• Love 4

I do keep wondering why they like Billy so much.  I find most of his work very sloppy.  It is creative, but some of his stuff is just odd--I didn't get the muscle/4th of July concept, I guess.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Joanne kind of got the shaft, being stuck with St. Patrick's Day. Middle school teachers room is pretty much what you get with that holiday, unless you think REALLY outside the box. 

It seemed they got to choose what holiday they wanted to do (at least I recall Amy saying "any holiday you want"). But the porches and doors were already "color coded" so I'm kind of confused about that. Maybe  there was some off-screen discussion of who gets what, so that there wouldn't be duplicates.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:39 AM, BusyOctober said:

I really liked Khiem's dog!  He definitely has a quirky, more art-y vibe than the other folks.  But he's just so low key...sometimes when he's talking with Amy or Nick I worry he's going to pass out because he speaks with such low energy.  Can we get a blood pressure cuff on his work bench, just to check for a pulse now & then?

I'm an engineer and have worked with lots of them; Khiem strikes me as having that sort of personality/sense of humor. Very low key-- get the joke if you want, otherwise I just don't really care. Anyone know what he does in real life? (I looked him up and see that he's a woodworker)

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

The Male Judge wants more surreal from Amber?  So she gives him weird, kinda macabre mannequin hands but didn't the same judge knock Kheim  for being dark when he did the abandoned highway craft?  So, I guess dark and weird is ok for Valentine's Day but not a personal take on a terrarium?  ?

Simon hasn't done anything to be "male judge"d.  The terrariums were supposed to express joy in one's home town - he didn't understand how abandoned highways fit that theme.

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Simon hasn't done anything to be "male judge"d.  The terrariums were supposed to express joy in one's home town - he didn't understand how abandoned highways fit that theme.

Ok.  I "male judged" him because I couldn't remember his name.  Nothing personal.  Besides, I don't think it is a slam to call him male judge because that is exactly what he is.  The whole thing started because a contestants couldn't recall Hollywood's name at the time she was talking, she didn't even mean it as a slam.

And I thought Khiem had a good story behind his terrarium and it fit the theme.  It's all perspective and opinion but I thought his highways were awesome, appropriate to his hometown, and unique.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 8

Please take the Etsy lady away and replace her with Amy Sedaris. 

I am enjoying Amy and Nick. Then first episode was a little choppy but they are so entertaining now. It's fun. 

I loved that Halloween door. I grew up near Salem Mass. And Halloween is a major deal here. I have a beautiful life size Day of the Dead Caterina figure and some of those creepy trees around her would be perfect. 

• Love 9

I could have sworn Khiem was going to make a bat costume. Has my hearing totally flaked on me? I liked his dog. And I thought he should have been the door/porch winner.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, rhys said:

I could have sworn Khiem was going to make a bat costume. Has my hearing totally flaked on me? I liked his dog. And I thought he should have been the door/porch winner.

that is absolutely what he said he was going to do. Guess it ended up looking like a dog so he went with it!

• Love 2

I would have given both wins to Khiem. 

He got about halfway through shaping the bat costume and decided that it didn't look like a bat but it did look like his dog, and they showed a picture. 

• Love 5
On 8/22/2018 at 2:39 PM, Sharpie66 said:

Lots of great puns, but the line of the night was “Is that genius, or did he just change genus?”

Line of the season! I guffawed!

22 hours ago, Kelloggirl said:

Take your shiboring ass out of here already.

Excellent usage!

• Love 3

My main criteria for a costume is how difficult it is to manage when you have to go to the bathroom.  They all fail for that. 

I can't stand holiday "decorating", so I'm useless to judge their efforts.  Everything looked mish-mashed to me. 

I want an apron.  I don't wear them as a rule, but I want one of THOSE denim aprons, with the leather squares on the shoulder straps and 1 each of all the patches sewn on. I know I didn't earn them, but I would pay to have one. 

Seriously, that apron is what somebody should be selling on Etsy.

• Love 7