Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Meh! needs her mic turned off.

This is my fantasy. When she starts taking over the table, and screeching, and demanding that she alone be allowed to talk... they cut her mic.

It would be awesome if the rest of the panel just ignored her and kept on talking, and no one could hear little Meghan except the poor studio audience.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree with all of this. I already plan to jump ship if McCain 2.0 (Abby Huntsman) joins the show. I've generally watched the series every day since high school because I liked Joy. The only times I haven't watched were the Joyless Jenny McCarthy season and the second half of the Rosie's season after O'Donnell left and Mean Girls Nicolle & Whoops took over the table. They improved the table quite a lot 2 years ago when they added Sara, Paula, and Sunny. Now the panel's a trainwreck again with the calm and well-spoken adults leaving and the screaming child remaining. Maybe they should put somebody on the show they've actually tested--and who has received a positive reception--like Ana or Tara.

As far as what the ladies said re:silent treatment today, I agree with Sunny that it's something that happens only when your spouse has done something truly horrible. That said, it's not something I've ever done consciously; it's more an unconscious emotional response than anything for me, like Amy Adams described. Sunny said she was silent to her husband for 3 weeks once, lmao. The longest I've gone silent with someone I still want to have contact with is a week and a half at the most. I would cut somebody out of my life altogether if I get to the point I can't bear to speak to them anymore.

Speaking of Sunny, loved that she made sure to call the story of the gay couple being bumped off their flight for the sake of a straight couple what it is: discrimination. I hope they sue.

I know they could do worse than McCain, too. That won't stop me from celebrating whenever the brat is sent packing, just like Jedidiah. I'd rank both of them (+ Raven Symone) below Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

I’d rate Hasselbeck on a par with MM!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie has had enough of her and is pushing back. She is ridiculous and offensive on so many levels.

I love how when Meghan, after explaining this so-called "war" on Christmas, asks Whoopi if she thinks there's some cultural war or whatever against Christmas, Whoopi still said no, lol. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Ok, here we go. Wednesday morning, 10am cst. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can get through the next hour without Megs getting under my skin. Damn, 10:06 am and shes already mentioned her tenure at FOX News and literally just said "I'm not an intolerant person" and told Joy "Don't look at me like that Joy". Ugh, i can't do it. Maybe tomorrow. 

Meghan also mentioned "a friend of hers." Let's hope she gets enough bitchiness out of her system so that she doesn't ruin Sara's send-off tomorrow. Also "siren song" =/= "dog-whistle".

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

This is my fantasy. When she starts taking over the table, and screeching, and demanding that she alone be allowed to talk... they cut her mic.

It would be awesome if the rest of the panel just ignored her and kept on talking, and no one could hear little Meghan except the poor studio audience.

Here's my fantasy:  Megs says or does something so egregious - either on air or off - that even her lapdogs in the corner offices at The View can't ignore it.  Sponsors leave in droves and she is fired.  -  Considering that she is an uneducated, disrespectful, bitchy motormouth, this hopefully falls within the realm of possibility.

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Here's my fantasy:  Megs says or does something so egregious - either on air or off - that even her lapdogs in the corner offices at The View can't ignore it.  Sponsors leave in droves and she is fired.  -  Considering that she is an uneducated, disrespectful, bitchy motormouth, this hopefully falls within the realm of possibility.

I hate to say this but im guessing that ABC is keeping Megs close so they can get the exclusive interviews of the McCain family if/when John McCain loses his battle. Its business. Please don't misinterpret what i mean. Im in NO WAY wishing ill will to Mr. McCain. 

• Love 15

Oops! Sorry,  that was me. I muted the TV because i thought Megs was about to interrupt with more on "the War on Christmas "!???

7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Omari Hardwick (insert Red-Robin Yummmmm! here) was better at including Sara in the conversation than her actual co-hosts.  What did they mute, though?

Oops! Sorry,  that was me. I muted the TV because i thought Megs was about to interrupt with more on "the War on Christmas "!???

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I love how when Meghan, after explaining this so-called "war" on Christmas, asks Whoopi if she thinks there's some cultural war or whatever against Christmas, Whoopi still said no, lol. 

I think its called "Megsplaining"!?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The war on  Christmas is just red meat for the right.  Nobody is saying Christmas can't be celebrated.  It's just non Christmas celebrations need to be respected as well.  It's not about excluding things but including things.  Such a simple concept that apparently some people can't understand.

Exactly. Christians are not persecuted in this country. These people have no idea about true oppression of Christians around the world. I remember seeing a picture of a Catholic Church in Iraq that was re-opened for the first time, after ISIS was defeated in that town, by American troops. It was so heartwarming to see these Iraqi Catholics being able to celebrate mass without any fear of reprisals. It made me tear up and so grateful that I am in a country where I can practice my faith, freely. Why can't these people understand that there is no war on Christmas and Christianity in the United States. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Because of they extended Not Hot Topic of the make believe war on Christmas the panel was not able to talk about one of the announced topics-- the 3D printer gun plans on the internet.  I was really looking forward to hearing Meghan justify this.

• Love 13

For people who haven't seen the show, my recommendation is not to bother. Another one of those days Meh-gun made the show entirely unwatchable by making everything about herself, screaming over the rest, and putting words in everyone's mouths to make her deranged comments sound less insane than they are.

Anyway, when they were showing the retrospective of the past year, I imagine the only thing Her Majesty McCain was thinking was how upset she was not to have been there when Hillary Clinton was interviewed.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am an atheist with strong spiritual underpinnings and those who share my position are not at war over this holiday!  We have trees, exchange gifts and play Jingle Bell rock instead of religious songs.  We don’t care what anyone else does on Dec 25th.  

This is me as well.  Meghan and people like her want everyone to believe what they believe.  For some reason anything that is different scares them and makes them feel like their beliefs are being threatened.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

This is me as well.  Meghan and people like her want everyone to believe what they believe.  For some reason anything that is different scares them and makes them feel like their beliefs are being threatened.

They also want to use their religion to treat people who are different from them like less than human without any blowback from society. 

As soon as you do that, they turn it around on you and accuse you of being intolerant of their religion.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
16 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

And what Meghan doesn't understand (add it to the long list of things) about this 'culture war' topic is that the women aren't denying that there is a segment of people who feel like their Christianity is being attacked because of the Happy Holidays issue, it's that they don't believe that there is no true merit to these concerns.

Yes.  Just because something is happening doesn't mean her fellow cohosts have to agree with it.  Meghan really is a spoiled child.  

• Love 9

The whole "war on "Christmas notion drives me crazy! I celebrate Christmas,  but none of my friends and acquaintances who do not are insulted or enraged when I wish them a Merry Christmas. Just like I am not insulted when someone wishes me a Happy Hanukkah. I take it in the spirit in which it is being offered. It is an expression of  good will and best wishes. 

Like Whoopi, if I am greeting a stranger, I am more likely to say Happy Holidays, in case they are offended. 

Edited to add.....just watched the flashback of the year...Wow! Meghan has gained  a lot of weight this past year!  Either that or her wardrobe was much more flattering  last fall. 

Edited by Cindyluwho
  • Love 13

As much as I really, really hate  “ Her Megistry, I will give her a pass on the weight gain- she is dealing with the impending death of her father, is adjusting to being newly married, and apparently believes that everyone at the table hates her.  

She’s eating ( and drinking) her feelings.  Say bye bye to size 14 and hello to size 18-20! 

• Love 5

Originally, Happy Holidays refered to New Years and Christmas, a general salutation to cover both, thus the plural noun. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 21

Meghan said nobody she has said Merry Christmas to has been offended.  No they aren't offended.  It's the people who want Merry Christmas to be a mandatory saying are the ones who are offended by hearing Happy Holidays.  Once again it's the my intolerance isn't be tolerated defense.

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

When Meghan "explained" to Whoopi that until she came to the table, none of them understood the culture war,

I don't know how the rest of the table didn't just slap her.  Her condescending attitude is truly obnoxious.  

• Love 19
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I hate to say this but im guessing that ABC is keeping Megs close so they can get the exclusive interviews of the McCain family if/when John McCain loses his battle. Its business. Please don't misinterpret what i mean. Im in NO WAY wishing ill will to Mr. McCain. 

Yikes, that never entered my mind.  It does make sense, in some macabre way.  And no, I did not take your comment as wishing ill to the Senator. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

HappyHolidays.thumb.jpg.4db8bb842ce822e656149806baaf487d.jpgGuess that war started in the early 50s?

Ah, the fifties.  The repubs favorite decade.  Well, the men anyway.  I'm sure they would especially appreciate that picture:  The little woman (literally) teetering in her housedress and heels to hang the mistletoe to kiss him under.  --   I need an Alka Seltzer. ?

Meghan refuses to entertain the concept of dissenting view points.  How ironic that she's on a show called The View.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 18
29 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

As much as I really, really hate  “ Her Megistry, I will give her a pass on the weight gain- she is dealing with the impending death of her father, is adjusting to being newly married, and apparently believes that everyone at the table hates her.  

She’s eating ( and drinking) her feelings.  Say bye bye to size 14 and hello to size 18-20! 

No no.  You are a curvy goddess, Meghann is a fat bitch, porker.  

She lived with. Ben for 10 years before they married, fyi. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Wings said:

Originally, Happy Holidays refers to New Years and Christmas, a general salutation to cover both, thus the plural noun. 

That's why I usually use it--so I don't have to say "Merry-Christmas-and-Happy-New-Year."  It's just shorter and easier.

I agree that Meghan's gotten heavier.  I can understand why she once said she didn't like sitting on the end of the table.  Not the best position to hide one's waistline.  Maybe for the second season, she'll petition to get moved further in, and the new person will be on the end. 

I think that whole War on Christmas thing specifically started with Bill O'Reilly.  I remember him and Jon Stewart arguing back and forth about it.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I am an atheist with strong spiritual underpinnings

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Me three.  As to the Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays, when I was working (with the public) I'd say the former if I knew that's what they celebrated, and would say the latter if I wasn't sure.  Meggie should go back to Faux "News" since this freaking 'war on xmas' (I typed that intentionally) is a mainstay of theirs come December.  MM is lucky we don't have feel-a-vision since I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle her.  Or rip the mic off her.  Or stuff a sock in her mouth.  Anything anything! to stop the ear-splitting shrieks.

• Love 12

Why didn't I listen to the warnings? I admire anyone who can sit at that table with her and not loose their minds because it's a toxic atmosphere.  Good thing it's just an hour for them and they are well paid. There is no give and take for her just steam rolling over everyone's voices. 

I know it's OT but I went to her Twitter and I guess it's national girlfriends day and she's lunching with Abby Huntsman that makes me nervous . 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Wings said:

s Originally, Happy Holidays refered to New Years and Christmas, a general salutation to cover both, thus the plural noun. 

That is my take too.  It not only includes all people, it includes all holidays.  Everyone celebrates NYE, right?

31 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think that whole War on Christmas thing specifically started with Bill O'Reilly. 

I believe you are correct.

Sara also pissed me off with her notion that you should only stick to the current holiday, so she wishes non Christians merry Christmas in Dec and Happy Fast Day (or whatever the hell she said) to Jewish people at the appropriate holiday.  I guess she was saying you can only celebrate one holiday (or wish greetings for one holiday) at a time?  That makes no sense.

Well, Trump got his desired distraction by bringing this issue up since that's all we're talking about today.

• Love 10