Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She really has no idea that this government has supported and given money to heinous dictators who helped advance American interests. 

How does she not know this?  She has been in politics her whole life.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Did Megs just say "cannibal oil"? 

I'd love to douse her in "cannibal" oil and toss her to.....well, the cannibals. Except they'd probably toss her back.  Too bitter.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Why doesn't ABC just cancel The View already and give MM her own show in that time slot.  It might as well be hers already, as she's the only one who gets to speak.  Well, shriek.  She even talked over Whoopie. More than once.  And Whoopie backed down and let her.  20 minutes in I literally turned the TV off.  I loathe Mehgan, hate her shrieky voice, am disgusted with almost every opinion she espouses, and am sick that she got renewed. 

No matter what the topic is, she takes over and consumes all the air time alotted to it.  And since I can't stand her, why would I waste an hour of my life having my ears and my intellect assaulted her dog-whistle stupidity and  her dog-whistle voice.  Answer:  I wouldn't.  Click.

I think they need to cancel it. It's the Meghan McCain View now. Just get rid of the entire panel and allow Meghan to scream her nonsense out to the universe so that those of us who loathe her no longer have a reason to watch it.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Why doesn't ABC just cancel The View already and give MM her own show in that time slot.  It might as well be hers already, as she's the only one who gets to speak.  Well, shriek.  She even talked over Whoopie. More than once.  And Whoopie backed down and let her.  20 minutes in I literally turned the TV off.  I loathe Mehgan, hate her shrieky voice, am disgusted with almost every opinion she espouses, and am sick that she got renewed. 

No matter what the topic is, she takes over and consumes all the air time alotted to it.  And since I can't stand her, why would I waste an hour of my life having my ears and my intellect assaulted her dog-whistle stupidity and  her dog-whistle voice.  Answer:  I wouldn't.  Click.

Just now, Alexis2291 said:

I think they need to cancel it. It's the Meghan McCain View now. Just get rid of the entire panel and allow Meghan to scream her nonsense out to the universe so that those of us who loathe her no longer have a reason to watch it.

At this point the View is hate watching for me.  ABC doesn't care why people watch.  Just that they watch.  Even if Meghan isn't completely embraced by her tribe if she was let go from the show she would spin it as her conservatism was the reason.  Never mind that she is a screaming harpy who is obnoxious, childish and just sucks at her job.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, DB in CMH said:

I understand why Sara is leaving. She got in about 3 words during hot topics. 

MM needs to learn how to share the floor.

Nah.  She needs to learn how to quit a job she’s not any good at.

• Love 20

FWIW to The View ladies, the "silent treatment" is a form of emotional abuse. And eye rolling is a sign of contempt.

I agree with Whoopi about medicinal marijuana. I even agree with MM (what?) that the stigma should be removed.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Under a different topic here, I saw  that Alan Alda said he has Parkinson's disease. Was this mentioned when he was on The View? 

I read that he was diagnosed a few years ago but that it's been under control. When he saw himself on some TV appearances (maybe The View) he saw that his tremor was noticeable. So he decided to get in front of the story, rather than have people speculate.

50 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan needs to just admit that she's a Trump supporter, through and through.

Meghan wants to play both sides, so she can be right no matter what. If he ends up being indicted/impeached/forced to resign, she can be right. 

But if he's cleared of everything, then she was right that it was a democratic conspiracy.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

I read that he was diagnosed a few years ago but that it's been under control. When he saw himself on some TV appearances (maybe The View) he saw that his tremor was noticeable. So he decided to get in front of the story, rather than have people speculate.

Thank you.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Sounds like a great show for Fox News to put on, at a great time slot like 3am

• Love 13
(edited)

So Meghan didn't trust Iran to keep up their of the bargain that was made with Obama (and a bunch of other countries too) but she thinks Trump could make a deal with them?  Sure.  And once again with her lie about giving them billions of dollars in unmarked bills.  STFU Meghan.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 21
(edited)
13 minutes ago, backformore said:

Sounds like a great show for Fox News to put on, at a great time slot like 3am

Fox News does not want her. That should tell you something. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

Meghan, the federal gov't employees furloughed in a shutdown are always paid.  It  may not happen on their regular schedule but they are paid later.

Don't say they don't get paid!

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I agree with Whoopi about medicinal marijuana. I even agree with MM (what?) that the stigma should be removed.

Not to go too far off topic but a big reason medical marijuana isn't legalized everywhere is because the pharmaceutical companies don't want the competition.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan, the federal gov't employees furloughed in a shutdown are always paid.  It  may not happen on their regular schedule but they are paid later.

She spews misinformation all the time and nobody checks her.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Not to go too far off topic but a big reason medical marijuana isn't legalized everywhere is because the pharmaceutical companies don't want the competition.

Bingo!  Big Pharma is no better than the NRA.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:
31 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She spews misinformation all the time and nobody checks her

Anyone on Twitter that can inform her?

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Even if Meghan isn't completely embraced by her tribe if she was let go from the show she would spin it as her conservatism was the reason.  Never mind that she is a screaming harpy who is obnoxious, childish and just sucks at her job.

And she calls herself a "political commentator"...

• Love 7

I get it that ABC thinks that people will tune if for the daily trainwreck that is MM.  However, after a year of this shrieky crap, I think a lot of us are sick to death of it and are tuning out.  Like me.  ---   They take the month of August off?  I think by the time September rolls around I will have detoxed the View to point that I will no longer wish to indulge again.  ----  The only thing that would entice me back is if they give Ana Navarro a seat at the table.  She makes Meggie uncomfortable and she is no pushover for Meg's shenanigans.  She's smart.  She's funny.  She's congenial.  She respectful.  You know....all the things that Meggie is NOT.  Yes, I know all the reasons why this might not happen, but I'm holding out hope that the show can offer her such a deal that she could not refuse it.   But that - and only that - could make me watch a show that has Meghan McCain in its lineup.

• Love 24
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you.

Alan Alda

i saw Joy talking at length about it on  a View FB page this morning and she has today's outfit on dso I thought it was addressed today . If not try to find it's so inspiring.  They are very good friends.  He is doing things to counter act it including playing and beating Steve in tennis.

its only only 10  minutes and I want yo strike MM she is so damn rude!!! 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I get it that ABC thinks that people will tune if for the daily trainwreck that is MM.  However, after a year of this shrieky crap, I think a lot of us are sick to death of it and are tuning out.  Like me.  ---   They take the month of August off?  I think by the time September rolls around I will have detoxed the View to point that I will no longer wish to indulge again.  ----  The only thing that would entice me back is if they give Ana Navarro a seat at the table.  She makes Meggie uncomfortable and she is no pushover for Meg's shenanigans.  She's smart.  She's funny.  She's congenial.  She respectful.  You know....all the things that Meggie is NOT.  Yes, I know all the reasons why this might not happen, but I'm holding out hope that the show can offer her such a deal that she could not refuse it.   But that - and only that - could make me watch a show that has Meghan McCain in its lineup.

Absolutely!  It’s not even worthy of a hate-watch.  Not informative or amusing.

See I told you they could do worse than Jed!  Nobody listened!  ?☹️

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Alan Alda

i saw Joy talking at length about it on  a View FB page this morning and she has today's outfit on dso I thought it was addressed today . If not try to find it's so inspiring.  They are very good friends.  He is doing things to counter act it including playing and beating Steve in tennis.

I went and watched. Thank you for mentioning it.

• Love 5

A note on yesterday's show, Sunny's giddiness over the idea that someone could get sued and legally penalized for participating in an extramarital affair was pathetic and embarrassing to watch. Unless the 'other' person was taking money by way of the relationship with the cheating party, I don't see how it makes any sense for the third party to be financially punished. It was the married person that infringed upon their legal married contract, why is the 'other' person being punished for it?

What annoys me with Meghan (one of the things) is that she tries to draw comparisons to prove hypocrisies but she ignores all the context which makes situations completely different and not similar at all. And how is she being consistent when she said she's against any kind of diplomacy or discussions with Iran when they are threatening the US? She defended the meeting with North Korea because she said that you need to have discussions and diplomacy and this was after North Korea was threatening the US. She has said in general principle that you always need to have people talking. The only inconsistency that she exposed was her own and Whoopi called her out. Beyond Sunny's personal input on which President she trusts more, a more objective point is that Obama went into the Iran deal with more transparency and he did it with US allies.

• Love 17
(edited)

I am shocked that production, friends or family have not schooled the twat on how to have an exchange of ideas without interrupting!   I despise this woman.  

She has gained a lot of weight and her wardrobe is hideous.   Ugh 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Do you think MM has enough say so in the replacement , because she would go against Ana.  I've sworn off this show so much and admire those that manage to do it. Today we get to see Whoopi talk with food in her mouth and  MM in howler monkey mode .  I'm not ever watching in real time again! Oh she described herself as Elsa from Hell and people think she's an ice queen. Does she read this forum? 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, pachebo said:

I sorta hate that this has turned into the MM forum, even though i get it.

You see what she's done?!?!   She has not only poisoned The View but it's seeping in here, too! 
But if this is the place to discuss The View, there's no way around her (figuratively and literally.  And I'm ashamed that she's brought me down to such a level to even say something like that).  MM has become The View, so in order to discuss the show, we have to talk about her. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Oh, man! 5 minutes in and Meggy has already made my blood pressure go up. Shut. Up!

Hah!  I was thinking she was being rational and civil today... for the first 5 minutes.  Then she started raving about Obama and Iran.  Here's something she neglected to consider-- the Iran deal was multilateral with many nations signing the agreement.  It wasn't an impulsive idea of someone looking to distract the public from other issues.

2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Sunny: "Sing like a.... butterfly?"

Really, Sunny?  

Speaking of winged insects, I love Whoopi's dragonfly jacket that she's been wearing so much. The blue is beautiful.

• Love 8
(edited)

The silent treatment is the height of passive aggression.   Terrible way to treat a spouse.  But bring your silence to work!  Please

Edited by Wings
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

A note on yesterday's show, Sunny's giddiness over the idea that someone could get sued and legally penalized for participating in an extramarital affair was pathetic and embarrassing to watch. Unless the 'other' person was taking money by way of the relationship with the cheating party, I don't see how it makes any sense for the third party to be financially punished. It was the married person that infringed upon their legal married contract, why is the 'other' person being punished for it?

Sunny has said she would give her husband a pass for cheating so I guess she would go after the person he cheated with.  

22 minutes ago, Wings said:

She has gained a lot of weight and her wardrobe is hideous.   Ugh 

Can she not find something to wear that doesn't give her uniboob?

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

The only thing that would entice me back is if they give Ana Navarro a seat at the table.  She makes Meggie uncomfortable and she is no pushover for Meg's shenanigans.  She's smart.  She's funny.  She's congenial.  She respectful.  You know....all the things that Meggie is NOT. 

Yep, this is it! 

They need Ana and no more lightweights like Sara. Otherwise, it will continue just like it is now.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sunny has said she would give her husband a pass for cheating so I guess she would go after the person he cheated with. 

You're right, I recall her saying that she's not sure cheating would be an automatic reason for her to get a divorce. She's very traditional in some ways and I guess she doesn't really how contradictory she comes across. Her God doesn't believe in divorce, but her same God also doesn't believe in infidelity. If you can find forgiveness for the person who not only broke their vow to you, but a vow made before God, how in the world can you say you stand on 'morality' when you aren't willing to forgive the person who had ZERO accountability to you?

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't think she said she'd give him a pass, just that it's not automatic divorce for her.   Research supports that couples can recover from infidelity, with counseling.  The idea is to look at what happened and why, rather than leaving and repeating with the next relationship.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

I don't think she said she'd give him a pass, just that it's not automatic divorce for her.   Research supports that couples can recover from infidelity, with counseling.  The idea is to look at what happened and why, rather than leaving and repeating with the next relationship.

Letting your husband know you would be open to not splitting up over his infidelity is close to giving him a pass IMO.

• Love 8

I kept waiting for one of the ladies to bring up the Iran deal was with multiple countries and not just Obama. Trump's meeting with North Korea was only him. They're not even close to being similar. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Remember, Jed was let go right after she signed on for another season.  This straight from her mouth, I heard her say it.  I am not giving up hope.  They are in the process of negotiating with Ana and the dipshit from FOX (forgot name).  I think it is entirely possible they  bookmarked MM in case they couldn’t get a replacement.  It could be that MM and Ana and dipshit will divide the week.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

It might as well be hers already, as she's the only one who gets to speak.  Well, shriek.  She even talked over Whoopie. More than once.  And Whoopie backed down and let her.

That was stunning!   While some of us thought that Production might be spanking Meghan occasionally, maybe instead they're telling Whoopi how the cow ate the cabbage.

• Love 8

Wow. Once again, Meh! has proven her stupidity, ignorance and lack of facts re: Iran.

I love Whoopie's duster - gorgeous colour.

Joy and Sunny are very good - Whoopie needs to be replaced as moderator and Meh! needs her mic turned off.

• Love 12
(edited)

Caught up on some of the other clips.

I used to get the silent treatment from my mom. It hurt me, until it angered until I stopped give two fucks whether she talked to me or not. I would continue to talk to her and be completely unbothered whether she answered me or not.  I guess it depends on the personality but I'm defiant by nature I guess. If you want to give me the silent treatment rather than have a mature conversation with me about your feelings and what I may have done to offend you, then stew in your misery because I'm gonna go on living my life. I guess maybe that experience as a child has a different effect than being a grown adult and experiencing it only by other adults but for me, if the silent treatment is how you 'communicate', you can shove it with that shit, lol.

As for the airlines - if the airlines is overbooked and you can't get a seat together, sit separately, request a refund or asked to be put on the next available flight without additional charge. Make the airlines accountable for their mistakes. Of course I realize that in this particular situation it was the airline employee that was at fault and it doesn't seem like it was the other couple that caused a stink about the issue. For so many companies that seem to have a zero tolerance policy on discrimination, they sure hire a lot of people who discriminate. These types of situations should be built into their training and into policies that mandate that employees do not have the authority to threaten or forcibly relocate someone from their assigned seat. Paying customers are not responsible for correcting overbooking errors by the airlines.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12
(edited)

What adult asks a child if they like a boy or girl? Mind your own business. If they want to talk about it, they will. Otherwise leave them alone. As far as I am concerned a married couple does not trump a gay couple or a couple of friends traveling together. They paid for their seats and were seated. Perhaps ask if they would mind - but accept their first answer. There were seats available in coach btw. These were premium seats (first 9 rows of coach in this case) and they paid a premium to sit there. The only scenario I can see is splitting a caretaker away from someone or keeping a child from a parent. Then the airline should immediately compensate the one forced out for the airline's problem it alone caused.

I use to be a travel agent and traveled a lot. As a ta if asked to change seats or even get bumped off you smile and say "of course." 

Gosh - 2 girlfriends and I (we were all agents) were bumped off a flight from Puerto Vallarta and had to stay extra 3 nights. Needed to be at work, spent days at airport so no fun, was before ATM's and we ran out of cash but had our credit cards. Then we were able to get on the plane and had to disembark in LA.....since we were called last (of course) to board I alone managed to get bumped there too! That was very unusual but it happens. Just a funny story.......lol

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

Mariah Carey signed on to be an American Idol judge BEFORE they signed Nicki Minaj, and she was livid. She told Andy Cohen on WWHL it was a "Hollywood producer, twirl the moustache moment."

On the same show last week, MM couldn't even say one positive thing about Ana Navarro! "I re-signed for next season," was all she could say when Andy Cohen asked about Ana possibly joining.

ABC! Please have your own twirl the moustache moment!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I agree with all of this. I already plan to jump ship if McCain 2.0 (Abby Huntsman) joins the show. I've generally watched the series every day since high school because I liked Joy. The only times I haven't watched were the Joyless Jenny McCarthy season and the second half of the Rosie's season after O'Donnell left and Mean Girls Nicolle & Whoops took over the table. They improved the table quite a lot 2 years ago when they added Sara, Paula, and Sunny. Now the panel's a trainwreck again with the calm and well-spoken adults leaving and the screaming child remaining. Maybe they should put somebody on the show they've actually tested--and who has received a positive reception--like Ana or Tara.

As far as what the ladies said re:silent treatment today, I agree with Sunny that it's something that happens only when your spouse has done something truly horrible. That said, it's not something I've ever done consciously; it's more an unconscious emotional response than anything for me, like Amy Adams described. Sunny said she was silent to her husband for 3 weeks once, lmao. The longest I've gone silent with someone I still want to have contact with is a week and a half at the most. I would cut somebody out of my life altogether if I get to the point I can't bear to speak to them anymore.

Speaking of Sunny, loved that she made sure to call the story of the gay couple being bumped off their flight for the sake of a straight couple what it is: discrimination. I hope they sue.

11 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

See I told you they could do worse than Jed!  Nobody listened!  ?☹️

I know they could do worse than McCain, too. That won't stop me from celebrating whenever the brat is sent packing, just like Jedidiah. I'd rank both of them (+ Raven Symone) below Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

• Love 10

The new hire will determine if I'm watching in the fall, but that depends on whether my Meggie wounds have healed.  She is capable of speaking normally, but the screeching her talking points give me "shooting pains".  I don't think we'll be seeing Ana, maybe Tara, but if it's Abby, I'm done, done, done!!!

• Love 8