Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Wouldn’t put it past Meghan to go to the producers behind everyone’s back and demand them to not hire Ana or Tara, but her bff. Or no other conservative so she gets all the attention. There was definitely tension in the entire show between Meghan and Ana. Meghan was actively trying not to engage in the beginning as a way to not “make sparks” perhaps?

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yes, Fox is very much conservative, nobody will argue that. But *I* also thought that MSNBC and CNN were very much liberal. Do they have any permanent conservative hosts or anchors? Or do they only have only conservative contributors, who only appear randomly? 

Joe Scarborough.  And I think Nicolle Wallace still considers herself a conservative Republican.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joe Scarborough.  And I think Nicolle Wallace still considers herself a conservative Republican.

They are truly disappointed in their party. The same sentiment is shared by Sophia Nelson, Evan McMullin, George Will, Steve Schmidt, Tara and Ana who have been on the View and many others..

Tara once said on the show that two supreme court justices is not worth the damage that has been done to the Republican party.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Actually, Ana argued that when she is on CNN, she is always opposite a Trump defender.

Ana gives it to them when they try to come for her. Ana rattles the Trump defenders.  Jeanine Piro was not happy to see her. They cannot accuse her of being a liberal. She is a Republican. 

Ana is a joy to watch on CNN. I love her more and more.  I hope that she joins the panel.  She has a sense of humor and I love to hear from her perspective.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
19 hours ago, General Days said:

@A.J. , do you think Meghan and Ana went at it though, or do you think Ana was just doing the job and Meghan went at it?

I'm asking, because I thought Ana was pretty calm, asking reasonable questions, and Meghan had, as @Bronzedog said, a lumberyard up her ass.

Ana wasn't being rude or start anything.  Meghan always feels like she's being attacked so she lashes out.  And Ana didn't back down, so things got tense.    

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ana is a joy to watch on CNN. I love her more and more.  I hope that she joins the panel.  She has a sense of humor and I love to hear from her perspective.  

She was charming and lighthearted on The View (and every other time I've seen her). Even with McCain on the verge of a stroke, Ana let it all roll off her back. ABC would be lucky to have Ana. Navarro has legitimacy from having worked in presidential administrations and aided candidates who have run for office, which is more than simply being the daughter of someone in politics.

Hopefully the fact that Ana's made the news every time she's guested, makes "sparks," has been positively received, and defended both ABC and The View against Jeanine Pirro is enough to make ABC sign her. ABC is clearly stupid though, going by McCain's renewal, so I won't hold my breath.

• Love 19
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Alright, here goes....

Very unpopular opinion...

Yes, Fox is very much conservative, nobody will argue that. But *I* also thought that MSNBC and CNN were very much liberal. Do they have any permanent conservative hosts or anchors? Or do they only have only conservative contributors, who only appear randomly? 

Soooooo......I thought that Meghan was trying to say that she worked occassionally at MSNBC as a contributor. It was not permanent/consistent work. But at FOX she had a show which she co-anchored so she was a permanent fixture. Also, when she said that her MSNBC job was "a long time ago," (in 2011) she meant that this was not during the Trump years, and MSNBC would not have her, a Trump defender, there now. That's what I thought she was trying to say, but she gets all shrieky, defensive, and flustered, that she doesn't get her point across well at all.

Also, Ana can argue that CNN has her, a republican, on their payroll, but she's not a Trump defender.

But what do I know....politics shmolotics!

I do, however, firmly stand behind my next statement:

Michael Avenatti loves the camera. He is a lawyer. His job is behind the scenes. He has no business making the talk show rounds. 

Re perm conservative anchor - Chuck Todd!!  He's routinely obnoxious to Democratic females (Feinstein, Clinton, Warren,  Maxine Waters, etc.) on his Meet the Press show, somewhat less so to males, I admit, but f'ing obsequious to right wingers .I was stunned to learn recently that he apparently held a party for Hillary in his home in 2015, but his wife is evidently a Democrat, which then (pre Trump fake win) meant zip.

Edited by telemachus2
Clarification
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

Re perm conservative anchor - Chuck Todd!!  He's routinely obnoxious to Democratic females (Feinstein, Clinton, Warren,  Maxine Waters, etc.) on his Meet the Press show, somewhat less so to males, I admit, but f'ing obsequious to right wingers .I was stunned to learn recently that he apparently held a party for Hillary in his home in 2015, but his wife is evidently a Democrat, which then (pre Trump fake win) meant zip.

True, he has taken on that vile KellyAnn Conway on his show. It was on his show that KellyAnn coined the term alternative facts.. I was watching it live when she did that. I was stunned and horrified. 

I do give him the side eye a lot on how he speaks to women.  He is always quick to grill them like they are being cross examined in a trial.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It could also help to have a moderator who is instructed to be a moderator.

ROLE OF THE MODERATOR. THE MODERATOR IS CRUCIAL. The moderator plays a central role in the development and successful implementation of a public forum. It is the moderatorwho sets the context, drives the discussion, and engages the panelists and audience in an interactive dialogue.

The moderator's job is to help the audience get their needs met through a panel format. The moderator sets the tone, the pace and control of the content, staying ever-vigilant in keeping it relevant for the audience. It is the moderator's responsibility to make sure the panel is lively, engaging and worthwhile.

Whoopi never got the memo obviously.

• Love 10

I disagree with Meghan saying CNN is liberal. Republican/Conservatives have been working the refs so long that people actually start to believe it but in reality it is not true. The station is about making money; if it bleeds it leads and the more sensational, the more coverage. Its why all the networks followed whatever trump said and did during the election and why they pretty much ignored Hillary (except when discussing butter emails...). And the clods even hired his supposed ex campaign manager.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, he has taken on that vile KellyAnn Conway on his show. It was on his show that KellyAnn coined the term alternative facts.. I was watching it live when she did that. I was stunned and horrified. 

I do give him the side eye a lot on how he speaks to women.  He is always quick to grill them like they are being cross examined in a trial.

All I have to say about Chuck Todd is he ain't no Tim Russert.

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Stacee said:

I disagree with Meghan saying CNN is liberal. Republican/Conservatives have been working the refs so long that people actually start to believe it but in reality it is not true. The station is about making money; if it bleeds it leads and the more sensational, the more coverage. Its why all the networks followed whatever trump said and did during the election and why they pretty much ignored Hillary (except when discussing butter emails...). And the clods even hired his supposed ex campaign manager.

CNN bends over backwards to accommodate conservatives and stave off the narrative that there is a liberal media bias in their network.

18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

All I have to say about Chuck Todd is he ain't no Tim Russert.

To be fair, nobody can be Tim. However, Chuck Todd was not a good choice at all.  I find him uninspiring and insipid.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23
17 hours ago, backformore said:

And then Avanetti makes a joke about Tucker Carlson, and Meghan was PISSED, "How does Tucker Carlson  not believe in sex.  he has 5 kids. he definitely believes in sex.  Tucker Carlson has a bunch of children, I don't know what that means."    as she shifted in her chair and looked to the audience.  Really, Meghan?  You're getting all defensive about Tucker Carlson?  

This is what Avanetti was referring to. Meghan was going to jump down anyone's throat who said anything except "I admire your father" yesterday -- she was insane.

• Love 13

@Bossa Nova

On this board, RBM is a reference to Meghan. I think originally it was Rich Bitch McCain, but sometimes it's Raging Bitch McCain. I don't remember who coined either brilliant term. If we are lucky, they might raise their hands for credit and to explain further.  ?

• Love 4

I see from the comments that the general consensus seems to be that Ana is getting a job here.  As an avid CNN watcher and former The View watcher who hasn't watched since Whoopi ruined the show, I can appreciate that you all want Ana to join this show because she is awesome and one of my very favourite CNN contributors.  But if The View takes her, I won't get to see her on CNN anymore and this is a real problem for me personally because I won't get to see her anymore.  And that would suck.  Because she is a real asset to CNN.  And yeah, I have already shared this sentiment in another post in the Media thread, but she is also way too good for this show.  It doesn't deserve her.  And nobody on this panel ever seems to enjoy being there once the reality of how much this show sucks sinks in, and I only wish for happiness for her. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I see from the comments that the general consensus seems to be that Ana is getting a job here.  As an avid CNN watcher and former The View watcher who hasn't watched since Whoopi ruined the show, I can appreciate that you all want Ana to join this show because she is awesome and one of my very favourite CNN contributors.  But if The View takes her, I won't get to see her on CNN anymore and this is a real problem for me personally because I won't get to see her anymore.  And that would suck.  Because she is a real asset to CNN.  And yeah, I have already shared this sentiment in another post in the Media thread, but she is also way too good for this show.  It doesn't deserve her.  And nobody on this panel ever seems to enjoy being there once the reality of how much this show sucks sinks in, and I only wish for happiness for her. 

You certainly have a point.  As much as I would love to see her on The View, I’m not sure it’s a good career move.  She might be better off as a guest.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

You certainly have a point.  As much as I would love to see her on The View, I’m not sure it’s a good career move.  She might be better off as a guest.

And this reality makes me very sad because I, too, enjoy what she brings to both The View & CNN. ?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

@Bossa Nova

On this board, RBM is a reference to Meghan. I think originally it was Rich Bitch McCain, but sometimes it's Raging Bitch McCain. I don't remember who coined either brilliant term. If we are lucky, they might raise their hands for credit and to explain further.  ?

I think full credit is due to @Jaded for the reference!!!???

• Love 5

I finally got to see Friday's show. I normally mostly listen, since i am multitasking (YES, computer solitaire IS multitasking!) but today i saved the multitasking for commercial breaks only and BOY OH BOY, what a show! Michael and Ana were fantastic. But the biggest thrill of all was watching the lovely and untalented Miss M.  The visuals of her mean girl face (i think she must keep lemon juice or vinegar in her cup to keep up that sour look so consistently) were priceless! What a way to end the season.

On another note, I have felt for a while that Joy may be fading a bit. She's lately often slow on the uptake (so unlike her), but maybe it's just MM fatigue (i HOPE).

• Love 14
5 hours ago, pachebo said:

On another note, I have felt for a while that Joy may be fading a bit. She's lately often slow on the uptake (so unlike her), but maybe it's just MM fatigue (i HOPE).

This really bothers me.  Joy is in her 70s and will probably retire sometime in the next few years and instead of getting to enjoy her last few years on The View, she's dealing with someone who came gunning for her from day one.  It's such shoddy treatment from ABC.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Pachebo, I'm sure MM is part of it, but this administration is the main culprit I think. Joy is fatigued and terrified by it IMO.

I do think that Megan's presence has aggravated Joy.  She even said that she has been uncharacteristically mean to the crew. Megan was sarcastic and implied that Joy's meanness was in character. She is really a nasty person.  I blame Whoopie for her  vile presence.

Joy is not alone. We are all petrified.  Helsinki revealed my worst fears. I will stop now, to not go off-topic..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17

Late with posting my thoughts as the season comes to an end...

I don't blame Sara for getting out of dodge with toxic Meghan and toxic Joy there.  Meghan and Joy are more alike than not, but the main difference between them is that Joy has a sense of humor, laughs at herself, and can roll with any topic.. while Meghan acts triggered.. sometimes for no reason at all.

I will miss Sara because she provided a very important voice that hasn't been seen on the panelist for a long time... that of the moderate/centrist position.  Both sides despise the moderate/centrist.. but they are known for looking at both sides of an issue and wanting compromise from both sides especially in terms of social and economic matters.  Meghan cries that she gets dumped on for being a conservative.. but there are several states/cities/areas within the United States that would welcome a conservative (just not NYC nor California) so she can go on vacation to those places to be around like minded people.  Moderate/centrists.. on the other hand.. don't really have areas/states/cities to go to because both sides think of them as traitors because they put solutions/common sense over party.

So I'm hoping that whomever is the replacement for next season, that they come with a more moderate/centerist point of view than a conservative or liberal ideology.  

With that said, if Friday's show was any indication.. it looks like it is going to be more tense than fun (Jed may have annoyed people, but at least she could have fun... and Candace may have aggravated people as well.. but she was nice and could have fun with the sex/fun topics).

I really hope Stormy's lawyer doesn't run for president... less lawyers and more people with logic/common sense/willing to reach across the aisle need to enter politics

Next season will be interesting indeed.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, LakeGeorg said:

Joy is in her 70s and will probably retire sometime in the next few years and instead of getting to enjoy her last few years on The View, she's dealing with someone who came gunning for her from day one.  It's such shoddy treatment from ABC.

Joy will be 76 in October (how is that possible?, she looks great). I do wonder how much longer The View is worth her sanity with Meghan there.

Maybe if Ana joins, there will be more days like last Friday!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 11
On 07/08/2018 at 5:27 PM, atlantaloves said:

Mrs. Joy looks fantastic and she doesn't look all puffed and botoxed up either, although she admits to using it.

She should share the name of her doctor.  She has a totally natural look that some of the other old bats would do well to imitate.

I think she said she uses fillers (of some sort).

• Love 5
On 8/7/2018 at 4:27 PM, atlantaloves said:

I worry for Joy too. I worry for myself, and so does my shrink! Damn, Mrs. Joy looks fantastic and she doesn't look all puffed and botoxed up either, although she admits to using it. Sharp as a blade too!

Sunny, on the other hand, has looked less than natural this past season.  I don't know what it is, but her face has changed. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I agree Sunny looks freaky...and there was no reason for her to do that to her pretty face, and while I am being catty, those hair extensions ARE NASTY.

Yes - she needs a nice, short haircut.  I would really like to see the end of the extension trend.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:
5 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I agree Sunny looks freaky...and there was no reason for her to do that to her pretty face, and while I am being catty, those hair extensions ARE NASTY.

Yes - she needs a nice, short haircut.  I would really like to see the end of the extension trend.  

I can't help but notice that a lot of  TV newscasters, weather   people, celebrities  etc are all sporting shoulder   length hair with a little  wave at the ends.  Extensions are already looking old.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2018 at 5:55 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

.........I will miss Sara because she provided a very important voice that hasn't been seen on the panelist for a long time... that of the moderate/centrist position.  Both sides despise the moderate/centrist.. but they are known for looking at both sides of an issue and wanting compromise from both sides especially in terms of social and economic matters.  Meghan cries that she gets dumped on for being a conservative.. but there are several states/cities/areas within the United States that would welcome a conservative (just not NYC nor California) so she can go on vacation to those places to be around like minded people.  Moderate/centrists.. on the other hand.. don't really have areas/states/cities to go to because both sides think of them as traitors bec I'm hoping that whomever is the replacement for next season, that they come with a more moderate/centerist point of view than a conservative or liberal ideology.  

With that said, if Friday's show was any indication.. it looks like it is going to be more tense than fun (Jed may have annoyed people, but at least she could have fun... and Candace may have aggravated people as well.. but she was nice and could have fun with the sex/fun topics).

I learned a new word today ......centrists

I just called that Libra.    (me hah )

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This show filling a particular seat is it’s downfall. Politics shouldn’t be the only prerequisite.

Agree.  But, wouldn't it be The Talk, then?  LOL

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2018 at 4:31 PM, backformore said:

Sunny, on the other hand, has looked less than natural this past season.  I don't know what it is, but her face has changed.

Back when Sunny was on CNN, she had a different face.  From the clips of The View I catch here and there, I am guessing Sunny has been hitting the fillers and Botox pretty damn hard.  Because that is not the face she took with her.  Throw in the hair extensions, the fake eyelashes, etc., and this version of Sunny is way more glammy and over-the-top than CNN Sunny.  I prefer CNN Sunny.  Both in appearance and personality.  I liked her a lot more back when I knew a lot less about her and her own personal life and views.  (This is why I have been doing a happy dance all weekend knowing that they haven't stolen Ana Navarro away from me, too!!  PHEW.  Bullet dodged!)

• Love 3
On 8/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, atlantaloves said:

I just read on a gossip site today that Huntsman is going to be a host on the view. Crap! 

If I recall, Abby was on a panel of 4 on MSNBC afternoons a few years ago.  (The Cycle, maybe?)  She wasn't bad - certainly not certifiably nutzo like Mehgan, but she seemed rather bland.  I just don't see her adding any pizazz to The View at all.  And Megs must be delirious; she can steamroll over Abby with no effort at all.  Unless, that is, Abby has grown, matured, bulked-up personality-wise since that time.  The Huntsman I remember was only a few notches above Candace. 

• Love 2