Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 30
Leslie Jones (“SNL”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, July 31
 Amy Adams and Chris Messina (“Sharp Objects”)

Wednesday, Aug. 1
 Omari Hardwick (“Power”; “A Boy. A Girl. A Dream”; “Sorry To Bother You”)

Thursday, Aug. 2
 Ewan McGregor (“Christopher Robin”)

Friday, Aug. 3
 Attorney Michael Avenatti and Ana Navarro guest co-host

• Love 2

I agree with Whoopi - have fun Michelle & Barack Obama! Not sure why the future of the Democratic party should stop them from have fun. Personally, I think they're preparing to energize voters for November. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree with Whoopi - have fun Michelle & Barack Obama! Not sure why the future of the Democratic party should stop them from have fun. Personally, I think they're preparing to energize voters for November. 

Plus, you don't want to galvanize the right. They hate the Obamas. 

The Obamas deserve to have fun after the BS they had to live through. Plus, they have two daughters.  They have a full life. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Why is Meghan so concerned about the Democratic Party. She should be worried about her own party. She claims to hate the current man in the White House. Why is no one asking why aren't the Republicans looking to new leaders to combat the man they say doesn't represent their values.

Good point. 

She falls back on trashing democrats when she has no point to make or poll results to share.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Why is Meghan so concerned about the Democratic Party. She should be worried about her own party. She claims to hate the current man in the White House. Why is no one asking why aren't the Republicans looking to new leaders to combat the man they say doesn't represent their values.

1 minute ago, Wings said:

Good point. 

She falls back on trashing democrats when she has no point to make or poll results to share.

She is a good little Republican solider.  She would rather the worst Republican be in office than the best Democrat.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Good point. 

I totally see this on many political shows, radio, tv, or online. Deflection to get the base to remember why they voted for him. MM's being coached and believes it cuz she's ignorant.  

Too bad no one at the table pushes back, but I guess they want to save their ear drums and not rile her up more, so she can shriek one minute and play victim the next.

God, go away, MM. You're a joke.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, you don't want to galvanize the right. They hate the Obamas. 

The Obamas deserve to have fun after the BS they had to live through. Plus, they have two daughters.  They have a full life. 

And I forgot to mention Jake Tapper's tweet in my initial post. I'm disappointed in him. I'd love for him to tweet something criticizing any other previous President about any leisurely activities they've participated in after getting out of office. Pretty sure he hasn't done that to anyone except Obama.

• Love 16

Also forgot to mention the funniest moment on the show was when they were talking about the Obamas, Joy finished her point, then Sara started talking and Meh-gun immediately started squawking over her (as usual), only for Joy to interrupt them both with, "What? What? What?"

I'm glad somebody at the table realizes the crosstalk isn't a good thing. A little of it is fine and natural, but its been at its worst since McCain joined the show.

• Love 12

I can't get enough of Avenetti and wish he was listed on my DVR so I'd catch him every time he's on. 

This is my week as Ewan McGregor is my all time biggest crush. Off topic but 2 of my favorite documentaries Long Way Around and Long Way Down. 

I already ordered products from the deals before it aired out here in the west. 

I appreciate Leslie Jones enthusiasm regarding the need for laughter but unimproppriate is not a word.  mM was enjoying the picture of Fred Armison as Joy a little too much. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I can't get enough of Avenetti and wish he was listed on my DVR so I'd catch him every time he's on. 

This is my week as Ewan McGregor is my all time biggest crush. Off topic but 2 of my favorite documentaries Long Way Around and Long Way Down. 

I already ordered products from the deals before it aired out here in the west. 

I appreciate Leslie Jones enthusiasm regarding the need for laughter but unimproppriate is not a word.  mM was enjoying the picture of Fred Armison as Joy a little too much.

Yes, she was. Then the 'that's so mean!" As she laughed her ass off.  I see you Meghan. 

I loved Leslie Jones. LJ screaming in Meghan's face Laugh! Laugh! Laugh!  Made my day . I watched LJ on the Pyramid show, she was actually crying for the guy who won. So sweet. 

Last week MM said she cried when Trump won. She was so upset, yet she sits on this and defends him. I can't wrap my brain around  that....how does that make sense to her?

• Love 15

Ady Bryant,  the chubby girl on SNL, played MM in a mild skit where she didn't say much.  I would love a parody of the View as it is today, but I'm not holding my breath.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yes, she was. Then the 'that's so mean!" As she laughed her ass off.  I see you Meghan. 

I loved Leslie Jones. LJ screaming in Meghan's face Laugh! Laugh! Laugh!  Made my day . I watched LJ on the Pyramid show, she was actually crying for the guy who won. So sweet. 

Last week MM said she cried when Trump won. She was so upset, yet she sits on this and defends him. I can't wrap my brain around  that....how does that make sense to her?

I'm not sure, but I think I counted MM screaming "That's so MEAN!"  three times, while doing her shriek-laugh.  

Leslie was talking about the need to laugh, to be joyful, to have fun.  So Meghan, of course, decided she needed to laugh.   the problem is, Meghan doesn't laugh in a way that conveys joy and humor, she laughs with derision and contempt toward others.  

• Love 16

I agreed with Leslie Jones regarding comedy.  That jokes that were acceptable 15, 20, 30 years ago are not appropriate now and that we can't go into the past and judge with today's standards/norms.   An example: I was watching a sitcom a while ago. In it a woman accused her husband of raping her.  The cops said a husband can't rape his wife and gave some silly comments about marital sex.  Everyone laughed. Today - NOT acceptable.  

Also: was MM trying to explain how Democrats think?? And what they should do??  She can barely explain the orange guy's base (and she is one of them despite what she says)!

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Under a different topic here, I saw  that Alan Alda said he has Parkinson's disease. Was this mentioned when he was on The View? 

He didn't mention it on The View although i did notice he has a slight tremor in his rignt hand. I just attributed it to age. He is a great guy. I wish him the best!

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

He didn't mention it on The View although i did notice he has a slight tremor in his rignt hand. I just attributed it to age. He is a great guy. I wish him the best!

I noticed it too, but, I did not want to seem callous and insensitive, by bringing it up on here..

I love Alan Alda, a talented actor. 

• Love 6

I really appreciated Whoopi's rave review of Head Over Heels.  I saw it in previews last week with friends and while there are issues with the musical, it was a well-performed, foot-tapping, feel-good, positive breath of fresh air.  Don't listen to that vicious old queen Ben Brantlee from the New York Times, listen to Whoopi.

• Love 5

Wash, Rinse, Repeat - Everybody is seemingly in agreeance, then at the last minute, Meh-gun throws a monkey wrench and starts screaming BUT OBAMA! BUT OBAMA!!!!!1111  She is exhausting! 

• Love 15
(edited)

Giuliani is a disgrace who wants to spend his twilight years, defending the indefensible.

Megan is just so nasty and incapable of having an intelligent, robust debate. 

She really has no idea that this government has supported and given money to heinous dictators who helped advance American interests. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan needs to just admit that she's a Trump supporter, through and through.

Exactly! she needs to come out the closet already, as a Trump supporter. She is not fooling anybody with her denials, to the contrary.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly! she needs to come out the closet already, as a Trump supporter. She is not fooling anybody with her denials, to the contrary.

It's probably why she's always so angry. Maybe if she just gets it off her chest she'll feel better.

• Love 6