Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: The Men Tell All

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works!

1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

OMG, I love that ad!

My husband and I often say that line to each other, but he didn't know that people other than me had a thing for it!

• Love 5
On 7/30/2018 at 7:14 PM, hnygrl said:

YES!!! That's what it is! Colton tries TOO HARD to be the perfectly perfectly Angelicly Angelic Boy Next Door. He's as puuure as the newly fallen snow. Just trying too hard to make me believe he's never even touched a naked boob...I keep thinking he's the male version of "everything 'but' girl."

He’s exactly that guy, like that Mormon Travis dude who got himself killed, may he rest in peace, after doing *everything* else including butt stuff with bat shit crazy Jodie Arias. 

A sincerely chaste person does not talk about it all. The. Time. They just keep it in their pants and handle the issue privately. 

• Love 7
On 7/30/2018 at 7:30 PM, Ohwell said:

This is a crapfest, but I've got nothing better to do so I just checked the original roster and it looks like Alex, Chase, Clay, Grant, Lincoln, Mike, Trent, Rickey and Ryan didn't show. 

Just starting to read this thread, so someone may have said this.

If Clay found a team to play for he may be in training camp (depending on when this was filmed).

And how cute was Jordan with side part, little boy hair? 

Little boy hair is perfect! You could dress Jordan up in a sailor suit and stick him in line with the rest of the Von Trapp children, and have him march and sing!  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't read spoilers or watch TV appearances, but more than once I heard Becca say, or I saw her write, that she was engaged.  I think it was in her first People.com blog.  

She also said she was "happy," That would be a hoot if one of these leads said it was a miserable experience and they regret every minute of it. And they are more miserable now, after having endured it, although the travel and the food was excellent, so there's that. You know, told the truth. Although maybe that's what Juan Pablo did I guess.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

That would be a hoot if one of these leads said it was a miserable experience and they regret every minute of it.

Now THAT would truly be the most Shocking. Finale. Ever!

• Love 4
On 2018-07-30 at 9:35 PM, saber5055 said:

I'm standing right next to you with my NO COLTON sign. I love me some boy next door, but Colton is just too fakety fake. No thanks.

But Jason ... OMGosh. Smart, articulate, nice ... he's got my vote. No one else even comes close. What a great interview he did with CH. I don't need to see any more!

I agree, even though I really like Wills. I think Jason could fulfill the terms of his contract without becoming smarmy. Wills may be too original and he is a little too low key to pull off some of the dramatic moments required when you get down to the final three.

On 2018-07-31 at 3:50 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

I wonder if Jordan is in the running for his own show. Not "The Bachelor"; more like "Chrisley Knows Best" or "KUWTK."

Call it "Jordan: My Image is Me." Or "Jordan: Man of Professionality." Or "Jordanland."

I'd watch. ? 

I'd watch too. There was a little too much Jordan in TMTA but I think that's because the producers wanted him to create conflict and drama and that's just not Jordan. He is completely entertaining all by himself. I don't need to see him fly into fake anger sessions. Especially since he did an interview after the show that he admitted that the fight with David was primarily producer driven and said that he thought David was a good sport playing the position that he did. Certainly the bunk bed fall made David look like a dimwit. Or drunk.

On 2018-07-31 at 7:56 AM, JudyObscure said:

This show is way overly impressed with men who play football and the grown women who cheer for them.  That must be why hometown dates often take us to the old high school  and show us a sports trophy in a case or,  as has happened a few times, a bit of actual baton twirling by the woman. 

The first few break-ups in my life, the guy asked if we could stay friends, and I lived to learn that my future, friendly phone calls were immediately taken by him as a move to get back together.  After that, when someone asked me if we could be friends I just said, "No, sorry,  I find that sort of arrangement awkward and sad."  Which is how Jason came across to me last night.

Please show, let us have an entirely new bachelor -- someone with an impressive job, good looks, intelligent conversation and an air of maturity.

If I never see another mention of football or have to endure a "date" with one, I would be happy. Possibly the worst sport to watch of all. Not all Bachelor/Bachelorette fans are jocks. Or want to date them. Let's see a musically oriented season!

On 2018-07-31 at 8:50 AM, TheFinalRose said:

Watch out Ben Higgins ... looks like Jordan is going to be taking over the current camera-hog role you've been holding for the past few years.  

That whole episode with the f-bombs this and the strutting and the high water pants should have been left in the can. Might have been fun to see the explosion on the set but as TV it was hard to watch. This is where Jason pulls ahead because he doesn't enter into the F-bomb shouting matches, and at some point we still want our Bachelor to have some decorum.

I'm glad they rescued Grocer Joe from the First Night Rejects dump heap but he's good for Instagram shots with fangirls and that's about it.  Plus, he talks Chicago-ese, and I think Bachelor Nation would be plugging their ears by the end of night one with his 'these and those". (I can say this because I'm from Chicago.)

Jason for Bachelor! He's perfect. He has a real job (thus the competencies talk), socially-conscious-TV-ready family, we all know he's articulate and the greatest kisser ever. And, he can cry. Book him now, before some sweaty loser from Paradise breaks up with a C-list Bachelor cast off and tries to steal the crown. 

Those bloopers were great. I will always laugh when someone falls or a bug zaps one of them or they hit their head on low-hanging Restoration Hardware light fixtures. 

All the swearing didn't feel natural. Only Becca seemed to constantly drop the fucks, the men only spoke like that when they were (fake) angry. I think you might be right that Joe's accent might drive us nuts over an entire season. Guess we'll know for sure after an entire season of BIP. Depending on how long he is there. It wouldn't surprise me if Joe finds Truuuuue Lurve. Jason seems like the best option for me as well, with Wills a runner-up. The bloopers were fun, would have liked to have seen more and less of the constant golden underwear jokes.

On 2018-07-31 at 10:34 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I think it's quite obvious that Jason will he the next bachelor and no one else has a chance . I do really like him but he does seem to crave a lot of attention and talked to the audience way too much in between pushing out the tear . Also , I don't think he's on paradise and there's only 1 reason why . And I noticed he removed some gel from his hair . That was probably the requirement from producers lol

Less gel Jason! Yay! And they probably told him to go ahead and suck up to the audience if he wanted the gig. I hope he gets it.

On 2018-07-31 at 4:56 PM, seacliffsal said:

I think that Colton was frustrated that Jason eclipsed him in the run for the Bachelor.  He was really demeaning towards Jordan and aggressive in his comments towards him.  He also has a scowl pretty much the whole time.  Jason, on the other hand, seemed very relaxed and confident-and he did not make any demeaning remarks about others.  In fact, at one point he did point out that Becca gave the gold shorts to Jordan.

Amazing how so many eliminated contestants wanted to somehow blame Jordan for their plight, or Jean Blanc.  Yeah, she just wasn't into you... Way too many of the men took themselves way too serious during this show.  

However, I was shocked that Becca said she wouldn't judge Colton for being a virgin.  What?  Why would anyone judge someone for being a virgin?  She almost made it sound like he committed a grave moral offense or something.  

So, is it just me, or was this the first "tell all" in which Chris Harrison did not ask the Bachelor/Bachelorette if they were in love/happy with their F1?  I may have missed it, but usually Chris asks them about the Final 2 and F1.  Makes me think something could be going on...

Yes, I definitely didn't see Colton that way during the early episodes. I found him bouncing back between angry & aggressive Colton, to teary-eyed nobody gets me Colton. Didn't like either version of him. Reminds me of Rachel from Big Brother. (Winning Brenchel, not this season's wannabe).

On 2018-07-31 at 7:35 PM, violet and green said:

I'm really pleased for Grocery Store Joe! He seems sweet. I love his happy smile.

Unlike Sourpuss Colton. That was one sulky face, apart from when he was doing wounded birdie on the couch.

Jason did seem kind of like a politician - but he can articulate whole sentences.

As can Venmo John.

Golden Undies was adorable, as ever. I hope his career doesn't suffer over this dumb show.

Shows you what a boring bunch of duds boring Becca kept around that the bulk of the show was devoted to The Jordan Show, men bitching at each other, a handsome guy who was evicted night one, and a few fellows weeping silently.

It was not a stellar season, but that is no reason to consider for one millisecond bringing back that gruesome Ben Higgins. Ugh. Boring entitled mummy's boy milksop.

Jason, John, or Joe for the Bachelor!

From what I've read, appearing on The Bachelorette has done wonders for Jordan's career. He's now getting booked for many more jobs. Can definitely see a TV show around the corner. Much more entertaining than previous "Wrong Reasons" contestants.

23 hours ago, SHD said:

I liked Grocer Joe. He looked like a young, super handsome Adam Carolla. I agree that maybe his endearing "regularness" might not translate to a turn at being The Bachelor. But I loved when Chris asked him how the experience was and Joe stared at him and said something like, "It was horrible! I went home right away!" instead of blah blah blahing about how it was a thrilling experience and he was pleased to have been even a small part of it, etc.

I thought he was refreshingly honest and that made for hilarious, entertaining TV in a show made up almost entirely of scripted moments.

20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Jason, dont change anything, your awesome the way you are! The worst I can say about Jason is his hair is gelled to the max and his reply's seem a bit scripted at times (but thats how it is with a lot of the guys), at least here. But, I dont care! Dude is smart, funny, well spoke, hot, and an amazing kisser apparently. He actually seemed like an adult, unlike so many of the other guys talking over each other, bickering like two year olds, and generally acting like a bunch of second graders misbehaving in class. 

Long live Joe the Grocer! He really seems so sincere, and like he isnt here for the attention or to launch another career, he just went onto the show because he thought it would be fun. Plus, he looked great this week! So glad to see him again, although I fear for him in Bachelor in Paradise. He seems too sweet for that sack of crazy. 

"The Earth isnt flat. I repeat, the Earth isnt flat." 

I am absolutely fine with Jason becoming the next bachelor. I listened closely to the cheers and I am happy to say, I think his applause-o-meter scored higher than the extremely dramatic, fake crying Colton. (Funny, I went completely blank on his name there for a while. He's like a bag of potato chips - first you really really want to taste him but as you start to savour the experience, you realize he's stale and made up of artificial ingredients). My bad simile of the day.

Edited by PreBabylonia
Colton not Clayton! I've forgotten him already.
  • Love 7

Here is an interview with Jason on Monday's On Air with Ryan Seacrest You Tube show. I guess Tanya is his sidekick and apparently had a huge crush on Jason. Ryan was pretty blatant trying to hook them up and invited Jason out for dinner and drinks which the cast? employees? apparently do at the end of the month. Jason declined, citing a flight back to Seattle. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

If I never see another mention of football or have to endure a "date" with one,

This show is so weirdly obsessed with high school Glory Days or whatever! Its kind of embarrassing, like that one guy you knew in high school who still posts his old football pictures on Facebook, even though its been almost ten years since high school. I guess they think its...wholesome? Makes them look cool? Relatable? It just makes it look like they haven't done anything worth nothing since high school, which is more sad than anything else. 

Of course, high school jock type guys with the same hair cut are kind of Beccas type, so maybe that works?

• Love 6

Jordan was so hilarious in a really strange way.  Everything he said was just something I would never hear in my daily life so it made me laugh.   

I was just thinking how the Bachlorettes seem to pick out men and having stronger relationships that survive outside the show and the Bachelors generally fuck it up pretty quickly. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

This show is so weirdly obsessed with high school Glory Days or whatever! Its kind of embarrassing, like that one guy you knew in high school who still posts his old football pictures on Facebook, even though its been almost ten years since high school. I guess they think its...wholesome? Makes them look cool? Relatable? It just makes it look like they haven't done anything worth nothing since high school, which is more sad than anything else. 

Always makes me think of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.

6002034545_d64bfe1e81.jpg

• Love 10

What a great Men Tell All episode! Actually entertaining and reminded me why I originally thought Becca had some good guys in her group.

I'd be ecstatically happy with Jason OR Wills as Bachelor. Jason wasn't campaigning any harder than any other contestants have in the past when in the running for the lead. He is intelligent and well-spoken and fun and he looked HOT in that blue suit. Also realized during the ice skating clip where he told Becca she had the cool hockey mom thing down and called her "Beckster" (which is so cute) that he reminds me a bit of Milo Ventimiglia (possibly because his on-screen wife in This is Us is named Rebecca and he calls her Bex).

Actually think this MTA had the best fashions of any male after-show so far. Wills in his checkered suit, Connor with the patterned jacket and glasses, and Leo in the red suit. Digging the variety!

Wills is just adorable and I love his subtle swagger- you can see moments in his montage where he is shimmying his shoulders or just doing various quietly confident sexy moves. Loved when the crowd cheered while his clip played where he told Chris his time with Becca was up, then Wills blew a kiss over to Chris from his seat and it was awesome.

My actuary friend really likes Venmo John, surprise surprise, haha. I could just picture her getting turned on by that math analysis at the end.

NO COLTON PLEASE. Ugh! They have all these good choices for next season and yet this man-child still seems to be in the running! He was such a dick during the after show. What did Jordan do to him aside from exist? Also, why do the guys seem to mentally block the fact that Becca GAVE HIM those golden underwear? 

Jordan was hilarious as usual and I was behind him 100%. He had some fantastic lines tonight. I haven't seen him be mean or petty towards any of the guys except for the ones who have attacked him first. He even initially threw a nice comment towards eliminated-on-night-one other model guy who then for no good reason jumped on the Jordan hate train. I also liked how Jordan turned around and pointed to the guys he liked and said hi to adorable Grocer Joe.

GROCER JOEEEE! How happy I am to see you again! God, is he beautiful! That smile! The accent! Holy shit, he is just the cutest. I loved the montage of his time on the show and his whole shy little hot seat interview. Can't wait to see him in Paradise and I'm glad it seems from the previews

Spoiler

the girl he connects with is Kendall because I'm pretty sure she's the only one of this cast who even remotely deserves him.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Actually think this MTA had the best fashions of any male after-show so far.

All except for that dude in the high waters. What was up with that? Thank you Jordan for calling him out. If that's a new style, I am totally NOT behind it.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

All except for that dude in the high waters. What was up with that? Thank you Jordan for calling him out. If that's a new style, I am totally NOT behind it.

Who was the dude in the high waters?  I didn't watch all of MTA.

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Who was the dude in the high waters?  I didn't watch all of MTA.

He was someone who was ejected first night, I think. He said he was a model (or male model!) and challenged Jordon to a model-off. Someone else here can ID him for you, I am sure, since I didn't remember half of the guys on MTA.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, jade.black said:

Actually think this MTA had the best fashions of any male after-show so far. Wills in his checkered suit, Connor with the patterned jacket and glasses, and Leo in the red suit. Digging the variety!

No mention of Jordan's style???

On 7/31/2018 at 10:38 PM, tennisgurl said:

The Earth isnt flat. I repeat, the Earth isnt flat." 

If it were flat, cats would push everything over the edge.

On 8/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, PreBabylonia said:

Can definitely see a TV show around the corner.

Oh, good.... another network show I can avoid....

• Love 6