Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: The Men Tell All

• Start Topic

The most memorable bachelors from this season return to confront one another and Becca one last time; a special sneak peek of Becca's dramatic final week with Blake and Garrett.

Airs July 30, 2018.

David is all bent about Jordan not "being serious" by wearing the golden underpants Becca gave him. But isn't David the guy who came on this show in a chicken suit?

Colton is a creepy jerk. Are these guys TOLD to interrupt each other like a bunch of grade school kids?

• Love 12
(edited)

Are there some guys missing who were too embarrassed to come back?

This is a crapfest, but I've got nothing better to do so I just checked the original roster and it looks like Alex, Chase, Clay, Grant, Lincoln, Mike, Trent, Rickey and Ryan didn't show.  Maybe some of them will be on BIP?

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4

I am close to turning to the repeat episode of ‘Outdaughtered’.  They have spent two whole segments on that child, Jordan.  Who cares?   He will probably ruin ‘Paradise’ for me too.

• Love 12
Just now, b2H said:

I am close to turning to the repeat episode of ‘Outdaughtered’.  They have spent two whole segments on that child, Jordan.  Who cares?   He will probably ruin ‘Paradise’ for me too.

But the next segment is Jordan in the Hot Seat! You don't want to miss More Jordan! /sarcasm/

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

But the next segment is Jordan in the Hot Seat! You don't want to miss More Jordan! /sarcasm/

Yup.  Left it for ‘Outdaughtered’.

10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Are there some guys missing who were too embarrassed to come back?

This is a crapfest, but I've got nothing better to do so I just checked the original roster and it looks like Alex, Chase, Clay, Grant, Lincoln, Mike, Trent, Rickey and Ryan didn't show.  Maybe some of them will be on BIP?

I don’t think Lincoln will be on, given his legal issues.  I am surprised, with him being a fan favorite before he was tagged, they haven’t mentioned him.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I don't like that Colton seems to be getting the next Bachelor edit. 

Well, he did say "disrespectful" and "disingenuous" in the same sentence, so that immediately qualifies him because in Bachelorland he sounds like a genius.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, b2H said:

Yup.  Left it for ‘Outdaughtered’.

I don’t think Lincoln will be on, given his legal issues.  I am surprised, with him being a fan favorite before he was tagged, they haven’t mentioned him.

Yeah, you're probably right about Lincoln.  I'm kind of surprised Clay didn't show but maybe he had football commitments or something.  Regarding the others, maybe they left so soon that they felt nobody would remember them anyway.

Grocery Joe is handsome.  And funny too.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Grocery Joe is handsome.  And funny too.  

He looks more handsome tonight than night one where his naturally wavy hair was plastered down.

• Love 18

Grocer Joe, such a breath of fresh air, came off as purely genuine and unscripted. If he doesn't find love in Paradise, he has my vote for next Bachelor. Don't know if they wait till end of paradise season to announce the next lead though. If not him, then cutie Wills, he got me with expecto patronum⚡️

• Love 20

For me Colton gives off an entitled vibe, like he thinks he is more worthy than the others so I hope they don't make him Bachelor. I like Joe the grocer but then again people on this show are better off in small doses and once they are on BIP or become the Bachelor seems like they get ruined for me. I actually like Jordan the model too, he is so ridiculous I just am assuming it's an act.

• Love 17

I thought it was just us who were all about Grocer Joe. But I guess it was universal that he's a hottie mc hotness. Too funny. He looked so much better tonight, even I thought he was worthy (and I didn't on the show). Cracks me up that he got 10 seconds of air time and he's better liked than any of the others. Including Becca! Ha ha.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

If Colton is the next Bachelor, I definitely won't be watching because I don't give a rat's ass about his virginity, and he comes across about as dull as Becca.

Diehard here. Heck, I even watched Ben Flapjack's and Blob's season ...2 of the least desirable Bachelors.

I m probably in the minority but Colton does nothing for me. Too boyish and too boy next door All American.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I'm standing right next to you with my NO COLTON sign. I love me some boy next door, but Colton is just too fakety fake. No thanks.

But Jason ... OMGosh. Smart, articulate, nice ... he's got my vote. No one else even comes close. What a great interview he did with CH. I don't need to see any more!

I have been swooning for a while now. He is very dreamy. We have not had a contestant this articulate since Ames...and Ames' looks were an acquired taste.

• Love 23

Jordan: “You can’t be Mr Right Reasons and then treat the bachelorette wrong.” Ooh. “I got billboards up in all their minds. We’re building highways. I should have worn a work vest.” Jordan’s got some good material tonight. You show up to TMTA with professionality. Wait, there were TWO other male models who were eliminated night one?!? I cheered when they announced a model off, but alas there was no model off. NOW Jordan is coming up to the hot seat?!?! We’re 40 minutes into the show and it’s already been ALL ABOUT HIM! Becca (or, rather, the producers via Becca) is the one who GAVE Jordan the golden underpants, so why is everyone still in a tizzy about how wearing them was disrespectful to Becca? Fake news!

Joe the Grocer fans get their fix, with more to come in Paradise.

Now the Wills fans get our fix—and some fashion tips.

Oh, no, Colton is crying because he’s been bullied for being a virgin. But interesting that he dated Tia BEFORE her season with Arie aired and she knew he was going on the Bachelorette, which means he obviously knew she wasn’t the Bachelorette.

Jason eked out an actual tear. This makes him guaranteed to be the Bachelor. He also said lots of diplomatic things about her finding loved gives him closure to find love yadda-yadda, which means he will absolutely be announced as Bachelor at episode’s end. Now he’s asking Becca for constructive criticism. And they will be friends forevermore in Bachelor Family and will be contractually obligated to attend each other’s televised weddings.

Formal proclamation that we should all stop hating on Tia because it’s not her fault Becca dumped Colton. I don’t give a damn about that; I just don’t like Tia.

Aw. Wills gives an “I love you.” And Becca just says “I have such a great group of guys.” Why, Wills?!?

Everyone in the audience pinching their nose when Jean Blanc gives Becca another bottle of perfume, assuming it’s a stink bomb. Hahaha. That would have been amazing if it were!!

Liked Chris’s choir, but he’s still a jerk.

I almost forgot about that flat-earthing assaulter, Lincoln, if Harrison didn’t mention it in the bloopers. Ending on a low note there. But, let me take that back, we end on Venmo John doing the math on Jordan’s purported Tinder matches!! That was awesome!! 

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

'm standing right next to you with my NO COLTON sign. I love me some boy next door, but Colton is just too fakety fake. No thanks.

YES!!! That's what it is! Colton tries TOO HARD to be the perfectly perfectly Angelicly Angelic Boy Next Door. He's as puuure as the newly fallen snow. Just trying too hard to make me believe he's never even touched a naked boob...I keep thinking he's the male version of "everything 'but' girl."

• Love 19

Clay had a football commitment and couldn't come.  Based on his Twitter, it seems like he's hoping to be back to playing football in time for this season.

This didn't seem that bad for a Men Tell All episode.  I liked that Grocer Joe and Venmo John talked and were highlights of the episode.  Jason put up a good Bachelor audition and seems to be a bit more popular than Colton, which is great because I really don't think I could deal with Colten as the Bachelor.  Chris' apology was good.  Too much Jordan, but I'm disappointed they didn't actually have a modeling competition, even though I think the winner seemed more likely to be one of the guys that aren't professional models.  And the only mention of Lincoln was to indirectly call him stupid.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Grocer Joe, such a breath of fresh air, came off as purely genuine and unscripted. If he doesn't find love in Paradise, he has my vote for next Bachelor. 

Count me in the minority.  More now than before, I just see zero personality. 

16 minutes ago, b2H said:

The Chris choir was hysterical.

Loved the choir.  Certainly one of the most original things we've seen on the show.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, laschifosavita said:

This didn't seem that bad for a Men Tell All episode. 

6 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

YES!!! That's what it is! Colton tries TOO HARD to be the perfectly perfectly Angelicly Angelic Boy Next Door. He's as puuure as the newly fallen snow. Just trying too hard to make me believe he's never even touched a naked boob...I keep thinking he's the male version of "everything 'but' girl."

It did seem bad to me...the amount of f-bombs and talking over each other and insults was just so low-rent and uninteresting.  And Colton was one of the primary sh*t-stirrers early on, which further made me hate his faux-perfect persona.

• Love 9
(edited)

The first hour was worse than watching Don Lemon on CNN, everyone was talking over each other and CH just sitting there smirking. Then it almost devolved into Jerry Springer with all the f-bombs.

I really really hope Colton is not the next Bachelor, but I'm worried that TPTB are already in love with the idea of a charitable football virgin. Didn't they try to get Tim Tebow aeons ago, before they went with 100% recycled content? Colton's like a very poor man's Tim Tebow.

49 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Venmo John doing the math on Jordan’s purported Tinder matches!! That was awesome!! 

I thought that was great too - finally elevated the conversation a bit - but his flaw is that he thought Jordan is selective and only swipes right 10% of the time. I have a feeling Jordan's standards are not nearly as high as he likes to pretend.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 16
(edited)

No to Colton. He lied about Becca being the first girl he "formally" brought home. Narcissistic assholes need to go to Paradise, not lead the show. I think he went after Tia thinking she'd be the Bachelorette. No clue why this show is protecting him. 

No to Jason, he was too smooth tonight, and his audition was annoying. "Tell me what to do." Oh shut up. Yes to his family, no to him.

Wills for Bachelor. Imagine the fashion. 

Chicken can go back to his coop. And take anger management class graduate Chris with him.

I have a soft spot for Jordan. Either he really believes what he says, or he has a future in acting. 

Becca looked great with whatever makeup they put on her. I have the feeling she can't wait to get back to yoga pants and sweats.

Edited by dbell1
Chickens don't live in a co-op, except on my kindle. :/
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Count me in the minority.  More now than before, I just see zero personality. 

Word. He's incredibly handsome - and more so last night than when he was on the show - and he seems nice enough, but his exchange with Chris was utterly devoid of... anything, really. I can see the appeal of someone who doesn't come across as perfectly polished and camera-ready, but to me he seemed fumbling and awkward and almost seemed like he didn't really want to be there.

I didn't enjoy the yelling at each other about the same bullshit from previously in the season, but I guess that's nothing new with the M/WTA episode. I don't care much for Jordan, but the guys STILL harping on the stupid gold underwear, even after knowing that Becca was the one who gave them to him so presumably she's cool with them, were so obnoxious. There's something so patronizing about a group of guys pontificating - wrongly - about what a woman wants. 

Jason is still my favorite, and I liked his reflections on the whole thing. Still pulling for him for Bachelor (please, for the love of god, NOT COLTON). Jon running the math on Jordan's Tinder claims was the highlight of the episode. Chris's "this is what happens if you drop out of school. The world is not flat," in the blooper section was my other favorite moment in the episode.

• Love 13

I’m just starting. I could do without hearing from Jordan or Chris. Connor looks hot in his glasses - he still reminds me of Reid. Wills looks great. I love his outfit! I am definitely on the “Jason for Bachelor” train. 

• Love 5

I like Jordan. He’s funny. Maybe he does like nice clothes and thinks he’s really ridiculously good looking, but it’s kind of endearing. Like a real life Derek Zoolander.

Colton seems genuinely hurt about the bullying about his virginity. Sad that it’s a stigma but I can see why he gets on everyone’s nerves now. His face was starting to annoy me tonight. 

Jason is trying too hard to prove he’s over Becca but yet he loved her and was heartbroken, but don’t forget he’s over her and they’re just friends now, but also don’t forget it was true love. Sorry but I wouldn’t want a man who’s still crying over his ex; however somehow in the bachelor world, that’s a good thing and deserving of being a lead. It’s sick and ridiculous. Who wants some other bitch’s sloppy seconds? Get the fuck over her and stop blubbering about her or you’re not ready for a new relationship. If Jason is the the next bachelor after this performance, I’m going to barf. The fact that he asked Becca’s advice is making me think they chose him. He’s fake. Not buying his act at all. 

• Love 8

Really thought tonight was a pretty grotesque event. At least half of the show was Jordan talking, people talking to Jordan, or people talking about Jordan. I would much prefer to have heard more from Venmo John, and perhaps if Clay couldn't be there, then maybe a drop-in by remote feed or something. 

I just hated that the men kept interrupting each other, cursing and insulting each other like rowdy schoolboys, and CH sits back in pure glee. I know he loves when trouble's afoot, but he could have tried to manage things at least a little. That would have freed some time to hear from some of the others. 

Grocery Store Joe: I'm one of those who wished he'd been on longer. I love his grin. Although I do like that he didn't come across as smug now that he's popular (cough Jason cough), I was kind of disillusioned with him tonight. Yes ,he appeared to be unscripted, but his conversation was roughly "it was bad," or "things are nice" and not much more.

• Love 11

I hated Jordan on the show, despise him even more now.  at the very least, he could have shut up when others were talking, because on TV, when two or more are talking, you can't hear anything.

I have no problem with swearing in general.   But on a network show where all the swear words are going to be bleeped, they should limit the swearing.   It's just not interesting to listen to "bleep you, you're a bleep," 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

No to Jason, he was too smooth tonight, and his audition was annoying.

Yes.  And it actually seemed weird how determined he was to ask her to still be friends.

1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

Becca looked great with whatever makeup they put on her. 

I thought the same thing.  Actually, I've thought she was pretty the whole time.  And I didn't even mind too much her personality being kind of bland.  I thought she was appropriately chill.  

Jean Blanc again trying to give Becca the perfume seemed like the epitome of someone not knowing how to read a room.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Well, he did say "disrespectful" and "disingenuous" in the same sentence, so that immediately qualifies him because in Bachelorland he sounds like a genius.

I think the dummy actually said “disingenuine.” In Bachelorland that gets you extra credit!

• Love 19

What is it that bugs me about Colton?.... I feel like he has a strong sense of duty and obligation which can usually be good things. But with him, there’s nothing to support them. It’s not fake necessarily but it’s not true either. 

It’s weird to hear the word “competencies” in the context of this show. I feel like I’m at work. Jason. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

No to Jason, he was too smooth tonight, and his audition was annoying. "Tell me what to do." Oh shut up. Yes to his family, no to him.

Jason has been one of my favorites, but I agree he was trying too hard tonight and acting superior.  I’d still like to see him as the bachelor, though.

1 hour ago, atlanticslide said:
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Word. He's incredibly handsome - and more so last night than when he was on the show - and he seems nice enough, but his exchange with Chris was utterly devoid of... anything, really. I can see the appeal of someone who doesn't come across as perfectly polished and camera-ready, but to me he seemed fumbling and awkward and almost seemed like he didn't really want to be there.

Joe was my other favorite, but again, I agree with the consensus here that he’s adorable and has a gorgeous smile, but... say something, man!  Say anything!  If he can’t talk to CH for five minutes, he sure can’t carry the show as the bachelor.

• Love 6

I don’t think that Becca’s spouse should EVER. EVER. EVER. let her be “friends” with Jason.  Hard pass there buddy.

Joe booted himself out of the running for the next Bachelor although he probably was never a contender.

• Love 1

This pains me but the best pick for hate watching the next Bachelor would be Jordan lol.  It would be exhausting and dramatic to say the least.  I like Jason and Wills but wonder if they are too normal (read: boring) to be the next Bachelor.  We already sat thru monotone Becca’s season.  

It would be fascinating too see Jordan have to peel off those layers to pick thru all of the women.  On national TV.  BIP is a hook up show so the goals are different.  You can switch up based on the next person coming in.  Bachelor is finding the love of one.....let’s see if his Keep it Real personality holds up.

actually let’s not.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Grocer Joe, such a breath of fresh air, came off as purely genuine and unscripted. If he doesn't find love in Paradise, he has my vote for next Bachelor.

Totally agree. According to Chris Harrison on ET, there are a few "in the mix" to be the next Bachelor. My guess would be Jason, Joe, and possibly Colton.

• Love 2