Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Aftermath is gone, but we have a two-way tie between Ashes and Dust and Empty Planet for that final spot. I'll try to end this after three voters! 

My tiebreaker vote: Ashes and Dust (I really love it, but I just find Empty Planet a little more rewatchable) 

And then there were six...

Fisher King Part II
Empty Planet
The Last Word
Lessons Learned
Sex, Birth and Death
No Way Out

(which I originally mistyped as Emily Planet, and therefore the reasons for my vote should be obvious)

Because you totally hate Emily, right? I know you so well! :) 

We're down to voting against just one! 

My vote: No Way Out

This is a weird season for me---I really love a handful of episodes beyond the telling of it, but I'm surprisingly 'meh' (at least by S1-S4 standards) on more of S2 than I'd realized. 

• Love 1

No Way Out is gone, and we're down to our final five! 

Fisher King Part II
Empty Planet
The Last Word
Lessons Learned
Sex, Birth and Death

My vote: Lessons Learned 

Lessons Learned is (almost) unanimously gone, so let's move on earlier than usual to the next round!  Our Final Four:

Fisher King Part II

Empty Planet
The Last Word
Sex, Birth and Death

I'll sadly go for---well, against---Empty Planet as well, which brings us down to our final three! 

Fisher King Part II
The Last Word
Sex, Birth and Death

My vote: The Last Word 

The Last Word

I am truly shocked this episode made the final three. I mean, I like it well enough, but I don't think I would even place this one in my top 10 for season two. On the other hand, episodes I truly love were eliminated far earlier in the competition.

I'm kind of surprised that The Last Word made it this far as well, Forever Alone. I really like it, but I don't top-three level like it. The other two, though, are episodes that I probably would have guessed would make it to the very end. 

The Last Word

I always liked this one - I liked the two unsubs playing off each other, I liked Reid working out the newspaper ad messages and I liked the way they held the lives of the working girls as precious as everyone else. Also first look at Prentiss!

• Love 1

I liked the execution of The Last Word, and I think Gideon pulled an amazing job getting Mill Creek to confess. Both actors were incredible. 

Therefore, I must go against the flow and vote for: Fisher King Part II

Congratulations to Fisher King Part II, our Season 2 champion! 

On to the I-always-love-it-more-than-I-think-I-do Season 3:

Doubt

In Birth and Death

Scared to Death

Children of the Dark

Seven Seconds

About Face

Identity 

Lucky

Penelope

True Night

Birthright

3rd Life

Limelight

Damaged

A Higher Power

Elephant's Memory

In Heat

The Crossing

Tabula Rasa

Lo-Fi

Just vote for the THREE you most want eliminated :) 

• Love 1

Hee---SSAHotchner, all three of those are among my favorites :) This one is going to be tough! 

My votes:

Penelope 

In Heat 

The Crossing (I actually kind of hate this episode for no good reason whatsoever...)

Crossing and In Heat are history, but we have a tie between A Higher Power and Birthright for that final spot. You know the drill! 

My tiebreaker vote: A Higher Power (I like it, but I love Birthright more) 

Doubt
In Birth and Death
Scared to Death
Children of the Dark
Seven Seconds
About Face
Identity
Lucky
Penelope
True Night
Birthright
3rd Life
Limelight
Damaged
Elephant's Memory
Tabula Rasa
Lo-Fi

Round 2 is open! We're still voting against three :) 

Lucky

Penelope

Lo Fi

...I know these are odd votes and can readily see why most love these three episodes, but they're the ones I'm least likely to rewatch. I've never been a fan of 'team members in peril' episodes :)