Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: State of the Uterus

• Start Topic

6 degrees of Laura Prepon! The actress who played Badigan was Prepon's younger sister on That 70s Show; Prepon's That 70s Show co-star Danny Masterson is married to Mackenzie Phillips' half-sister, Bijou.

• Love 11
(edited)

I have never seen the gal that plays Badison before but I agree she's awful and glad to hear others think so too.

Flaca and Cindy are Flartiza 2.0 I guess. MacKenzie Phillips!

Daddy is only slightly more interesting, but the flashbacks were meh.

Too much toilet humor this episode.

Luschek being in charge of rec is going to be our comic relief I guess. I love that the hot guard isn't participating in Fantasy Inmate.

Cindy is gonna be screwed when this is all over. Only her and Suzanne know the SWAT team framed them.

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 16

Sophia! 

Nearly halfway through the season and the only parts I remain interested in and like are when any of the ol' Litchfield girls are interacting with each other. 

'Badison' is horrendous and I just now realized that she played annoying Intern Morgan on Grey's Anatomy for a few episodes in season 12. Ugh. 

• Love 12

I find it amusing that the higher-ups seem to have all but forgotten that another guard (Humphrey) died.*  It's always about "who murdered Piscatella?", when the inmates were a lot more responsible for Humphrey's death.

* Okay, Daya's situation is directly related to Humphrey's death, but his name is almost never mentioned compared to Piscatella's. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

Whoever came up with the "Badison" character should be shot.  I cannot stand her.  She was a very, very bad choice. 

I mute my TV whenever she comes on screen, her fake Baaaaastinnn accent is that grating and ridiculous.  I recognize the actress from "Last Man Standing" and thought she was terrible in that show too. 

TV needs to stop trying to make her happen. 

I'm about ready to abandon the rest of the series, and it takes a LOT of bad to make me do that. 

Badison is ruining this for me. I was excited to see what happened after the riot and instead I have to watch Badison and Barb and whoever else. At least we got see Sofia for 3 minutes. 

• Love 14
(edited)
8 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Daddy is only slightly more interesting, but the flashbacks were meh.

I wasn't really feeling that either. I don't have a problem learning about new characters, but I feel like this has been covered already. 

10 hours ago, leighdear said:

I mute my TV whenever she comes on screen, her fake Baaaaastinnn accent is that grating and ridiculous.

She can't even say 'start' right. People from Boston don't talk like the Kennedys. No one does. What's the point though? I certainly don't mind the scenes that are laying out the power structure of the prison, but this character could have been from Buffalo, and the show would have been the same.

I get why Piper and Alex don't want to deal, but I can't see why anyone hasn't taken a swing at "Badison". All she does is not be funny. Her 'boss' isn't particularly enamored of her, so if someone just beat her up and went to the boss "I'll be working for you now", they'd likely say "ok." All she did was trip Piper from behind when Piper wasn't looking. Ok. 

#shallow the woman who needs to take her clothes off to shit just cracks me up. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 5

A sad, true-to-life foster home situation Aleida's kids are in. Eight in one house, sheesh. I noticed she didn't tell them that Daya is now serving life in prison. That would devastate them. It reminds me to be grateful for the more stable home life I had growing up.

Red's conflict and pain when signing that plea deal; life is full of tough choices. I felt what Red felt; I believed it. Excellent facial acting by Kate Mulgrew. I also liked her phone call with her son.

Badmitton's bad accent is bad. Ugh. Go away. 

I miss Flaritza, but, I like Flaca and Cindy together. 

Not gonna lie, I keep cheering everyone on who rags on Hoefler, the woman who killed her kids. Sickening. 

I love to hate Fig. I enjoy her, heh.

I have a bad feeling that Taystee's truth is not going to matter, ultimately. MCC wants a scapegoat. :(

• Love 16

Morello looks different, and it's not just less make up...looks like too much Botox around the eyes. Flaka also has too much filler in her cheeks. I can't unsee this...

• Love 5
On 7/29/2018 at 1:30 AM, ShortyMac said:

Red's conflict and pain when signing that plea deal; life is full of tough choices. I felt what Red felt; I believed it. Excellent facial acting by Kate Mulgrew. I also liked her phone call with her son.

The acting was great, the only thing that really bugged me was how the lawyer framed the choice; dying in prison or getting out in time to have a life with your family. But at Red 's age 10 more years on top of what she has left probably could be life in prison. Especially with the life expectancy of someone in max.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:05 AM, QQQQ said:

6 degrees of Laura Prepon! The actress who played Badigan was Prepon's younger sister on That 70s Show; Prepon's That 70s Show co-star Danny Masterson is married to Mackenzie Phillips' half-sister, Bijou.

She also when on That 70s show worked with someone playing a character called Red. And that Red also wanted to kick people's asses.

• Love 7

I looked up the Badison actress only to see she played Brittany Murphy is the Lifetime movie, and it being a Lifetime movie, was completely obnoxious.  It sounds like she is not very good in anything else??  I also found and article that stated she was the most hated character in Orange but I didn't want to read the rest as it had spoilers.

I am starting to like Daddy and didn't mind the backstory.  Speaking of Flaritza where is Maritza?  And the episode where they showed Big Boo being in Cleveland I could have sworn the Zirconia (Latin actress with bad teeth) was in Cleveland but then is back at Litchfield?    Also, I wonder where all the meth heads went.  

Still waiting to hear what is up with Blanca.  Why the investigators were so interested in her and why she didn't get extra time. 

Mackenzie Phillps!!  HA.  I can now only think of her banging her dad.

• Love 6
On 7/27/2018 at 11:29 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I don't read spoilers so was surprised to see Mackenzie Philips

Did we see "Barb" in a previous episode?  Just the younger version?  I swear we saw older Barb and it wasn't Mackenzie Phillips.  

On 7/29/2018 at 12:30 AM, ShortyMac said:

Not gonna lie, I keep cheering everyone on who rags on Hoefler, the woman who killed her kids. Sickening. 

Ok, what is wrong with me that I feel BAD for her??  And I have little kids!

On 8/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Oh god I know!

• Love 3

I totally didn't realize that was her. But she's been in the last few episodes, starting with the one where they showed Frieda's backstory.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1

Mackenzie Phillps! To me, she will always be the mom from the criminally underrated 90s Disney show So Weird that I grew up with! Nostalgia attack!

I actually like this season pretty well so far...except for Badison, which continues to be the dumbest "tough" name since Vanilla Ice. She is so annoying and stupid, every scene with her makes the show grind to a screeching halt. I am getting into the show, enjoying watching the characters I actually give a crap about do their thing...and then an annoying fake accent attacks! Ug! 

Hot Guard has no time for that prison draft stuff, which makes him even hotter. 

• Love 2
On 7/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, funnygirl said:

Sophia!

And in Florida, which is what I thought. I hope we'll see more of her.

Loved the talk about the ladies' nether regions, it was fun. Almost like being in the old show.

I totally missed MacKenzie Phillips if she's been in other episodes. I almost didn't recognize her at all. To me, she's always the kid in American Graffiti - and the problem child in One Day at a Time (the original version).

• Love 4

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but Badison infuriates me. I can't even look at her. I live northwest of Boston and the accent is so horrendously bad, I don't understand why SOMEONE didn't tell her she was doing it totally wrong. In that giant cast, someone has to be from Massachusetts. Nobody says "huhhd" for heard or "guhhl" for girl. The dropped r's are supposed to make speech quicker and easier, saying "guhhl" takes a whole shit ton of effort. I really hate her.

• Love 3
On 8/6/2018 at 3:04 PM, heatherchandler said:

Ok, what is wrong with me that I feel BAD for her??  And I have little kids!

Is it weird that I hope we get a back story on her?  

• Love 7

Badison's bad accent may be a result of her being from Boston with a speech impediment?  Even Bostonians have different accents depending on class and location, i.e., Brahmin, Southie.  I agree it's terrible and off-putting, adding nothing good to the character Madison.  The show would have been better off giving her another speech pattern, or let her just speak in her natural voice.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:41 PM, Nire said:

Is it weird that I hope we get a back story on her?  

I want to know how many kids she killed and how.  I don't want to bond with her over postpartum depression or anything supposedly sympathetic.  Maybe she killed them to be with her boyfriend who didn't want them around?  Maybe she was married to a nutcase (religious or otherwise) who kept her barefoot, pregnant and making her do all the work?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

I want to know how many kids she killed and how.  I don't want to bond with her over postpartum depression or anything supposedly sympathetic.  Maybe she killed them to be with her boyfriend who didn't want them around?  Maybe she was married to a nutcase (religious or otherwise) who kept her barefoot, pregnant and making her do all the work?

I recognize those cases. :)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I recognize those cases. :)

Yes, those cases were my inspiration.  As they say, you can't make this stuff up.  Truth is stranger than fiction.  I left out the names because I was too lazy to look each one up and verify, thought I'd be too even more verbose in my post, and there's probably more than one of each instance anyway!  :)

• Love 3
On 8/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Still waiting to hear what is up with Blanca.  Why the investigators were so interested in her and why she didn't get extra time. 

My first thought was that she's gonna get deported - I'm worried for her.

Glad to see Sophia again (for a minute)!  I really like her friendship with Gloria.

• Love 3
On 7/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, Kel Varnsen said:
On 7/29/2018 at 1:30 AM, ShortyMac said:

The acting was great, the only thing that really bugged me was how the lawyer framed the choice; dying in prison or getting out in time to have a life with your family. But at Red 's age 10 more years on top of what she has left probably could be life in prison. Especially with the life expectancy of someone in max.

Back at the start of season three, when cementing over the tunnel in the greenhouse, Red told Freida she only had two years left. I haven’t rewatched most of S3 or any of S4, but they probably spanned some portion of a year. (S5 only spanned a few days.) Until rewatching that episode this week, I’d totally forgotten that she was so close to the end of her time. (But not close enough that they *needed* to extend her sentence significantly to keep her on the show and in prison.)

• Love 1