Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Mischief Mischief

• Start Topic

Pranksters wreak havoc on Halloween. Luschek earns points with the other guards. As Linda faces a crisis, Donuts and Pennsatucky have a change of plans.

(edited)

@shantown, yeah, real subtle foreshadowing there, writers.

The count is finally rectified! There was so much chatter about it after last season I'm glad they addressed it (also, Chang was found hiding in a deer carcass!).

Man, McCullough is in a rough spot. I think she should be job searching. Her picking Ruiz for revenge was dark. And poor Ruiz...even though she WAS pretty much the leader of the riot.

A couple of really good lines this episode - the Mormon CO: "What if Joseph Smith made it all up?" - Linda's "She looks like a camel, is that your thing?" and Alex's "You should see Piper ask for a manager."

I have a feeling Caputo is going to work it out with Taystee - I'm rooting for you two!

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 11
(edited)

Ransomville? I think that desk officer just saw his raise on the wall...Pennsatucky’s photo. 

I was laughing and enjoying the rat scene 

Spoiler

Until Bianca squished one with her foot. Yucky  

So now we’ve seen the prison guards smoking weed and now one of them gets a stash of pills out of a box in the cheese room. 

Did Ruiz survive the face plant into the toilet bowl? Not good that nearby was that officers spent cigarette. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

How is Pennsatucky only serving 9 years?  Didn't she straight up kill somebody?

The news story said she's in for 9 years for assault. So I'm guessing the nurse she shot didn't die. Maybe she was charged with attempted murder but took a plea?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

One thing I remember in her backstory is that she had the full weight of the anti-abortion lobbyists and lawyers behind her.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, kieyra said:

Not sure about the length of her sentence, but she was convicted for 2nd Degree Murder

Edited by preeya
posted in error

Ughhhh I hate how I forget everything.  Why does McCullough have a beef with Ruiz?  And I can't recall the relationship between Piper and Ruiz and why Ruiz would be so broken about that exchange.  I felt for her after her baby was born but after last season trying to fuck everyone over I don't feel sorry for her. 

Piper thinking Nikki's signal was about HER.  RAT SPLAT!!

1 hour ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Why does McCullough have a beef with Ruiz? 

Ruiz was the ringleader of the group that tortured the guards during the riot.  I'm surprised more guards aren't openly hostile toward her.  I had to look away a lot, but I'm pretty sure Dixon (and others) was sodomized on her command. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

@IDreamofJoaquin Ruiz started that rival panty business and Piper ratted her out. In turn, Ruiz led the group that branded Piper (which, according to what I've read online has mysteriously switched from her left to right arm).

I had totally forgotten that it was Ruiz's group that did the branding. That look between them in the church room makes a lot more sense now.

• Love 2

Is it me, or does Piper seem especially whiny this season?

Especially? The only good thing about Alex returning, IMO, is that I don't have to hear Piper whine about her anymore. 

• Love 2

You know, I am actually super glad that Pennsatucky is back in prison. Her guard boyfriend is super creepy, even when he is trying to be a better guy. I get bad vibes from him. 

I feel bad for Ruiz, but she did lead a lot of the worst of the guard torture last season, and then turn when things were getting serious. Its not that surprising that everyone hates her. Not that she deserves being harassed and tortured by McCullough though. Really, McCullough shouldn't be working as a guard anymore. She has some serious issues after the riot.

Now that Piper has been reunited with Alex, maybe she can chill out for a second! I will say, her being around Badison makes her really relatable, as I too cant stand to be around her. 

On 8/2/2018 at 8:02 AM, DietCokeJunkie said:

Ruiz was the ringleader of the group that tortured the guards during the riot.  I'm surprised more guards aren't openly hostile toward her.  I had to look away a lot, but I'm pretty sure Dixon (and others) was sodomized on her command. 

Seems like she should be in serious trouble for that crap.  Goodness knows that if a male prisoner ended up ramming something up a female guard who was held captive, he would be facing rape charges.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, Blinkoshuman said:

Do we know where the other inmates are? Sophia? Big Boo? Yoga Jones? Leanne and her meth head friend?

I can do without Yoga, Leanne and her fellow meth head. But I'd like to see Sophia and Big Boo. I think Boo's in Ohio - because I believe we saw her enjoying the new prison (warden? higher up?) getting her hair shaved for lice. Or else it was a fever dream.

• Love 1