Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Mizumono

I think the phone call was part of the original plan and/or part of Will's cover.  It would make Hannibal think Will was still on his side.  If Hannibal hadn't smelled Freddie on Will, it might have worked.  Will could have* walked in, and either killed Hannibal or restrained him.  But since Hannibal was aware something was off (due to smelling Freddie) he was more than prepared for a double-cross.

I say "could have" because Hannibal is really adept at fighting, so while he may have been briefly surprised Will still may have ended up the same way.  Which Will knew given all his goodbye interactions.  Plus the shock of Abigail would have put Will off his game no matter what, I think.

• Love 2

I think this is an episode that I need to watch a few times to get the nuances of the dialogue.  There was a lot being said and a lot being left unsaid, with Mads portraying what was unsaid pretty damned well.  That was the most expression I've seen in his face/emotion I've heard in his voice since the show started.  

By the time we were on the plane, it was back to calm, controlled Hannibal, but in that house it was pure emotion for all of them.

• Love 2
I don't understand why Will called Hannibal.

To kick things into high gear. The FBI were ready to arrest Will and Jack, but if they could get Hannibal to show his cards then he could either run (which I think Will was really wanting) or he would try to kill Jack, either way they would have unmasked Hannibal to a certain degree and gotten the FBI to take a better look at him.

90percentgravity I haven't seen hoyay! used since Smallville but it is perfect for this show.  I am sad because Mads & Hugh have great chemistry & now they will be apart.  But grateful for a third season.  The Fuller madness must continue.

But no more returns from the dead please.  Three times this season is 2 times too many.

Oddly I don't care if realistically they can survive these wounds.  Fuller has created a heightened reality.  All those wounds were metaphors.  Alana takes a fall and wakes up. Jack finally gets his hands dirty after using so many people ( I love he calls Bella).  Of course Will is gutted. Abigail as always is the lamb.

I liked Cynthia Nixon almost literally dressed in red tape!  Don't know if that was intentional.  She isn't evil or even incompetent.  She is government trying to stop a force of nature like Hannibal.  Good luck with that.  

• Love 6

Omg, that was the best episode this season. So intense!

I have never seen Hannibal so emotional. I believe when he tipped his head back in the rain, he was crying at the loss of his family. Washing away his tears. I was unsure, but on re-watch, when he leans in to tell Will to make it all go away, and wade into the quiet of the stream. A tear falls from his eye. The man was upset.

I was shocked when Abigail appeared. At first I thought it was Will, then that Alana was hallucinating. I could not believe it was actually Abigail, but I love that reveal. It showed that all this time, Hannibal had his own little plan going on. He deceived everyone, including the audience. Well me anyway, perhaps others suspected that Abigail still lived.

I'm hoping that everyone survives, because the fallout over what happened, and the ever evolving dynamic between all their relationships, is so fascinating to me. It's going to very interesting to watch. But I think it's either going to be Alana or Abigail.

I think Will's reasons for tipping Hannibal are unclear, how much of himself that he lost to Hannibal is still unknown. When Hannibal accused Will of refusing his gift, and Will says "Did I?" I think that was a genuine question from him.

With everyone talking about Bedelia, I had to go back and watch through the credits. Wow! I have no idea what is going on there.

• Love 2

What happened to Will's gun? He walked into the house with it, saw Abigail, saw Hannibal, and the rest of the shots were so tight the gun just kind of disappeared. Could he have gotten off a shot or did he drop it when he was first stabbed?

greenbean,

Washing away his tears. I was unsure, but on re-watch, when he leans in to tell Will to make it all go away, and wade into the quiet of the stream. A tear falls from his eye. The man was upset.

Hannibal does indeed shed some tears over Will.  I just rewatched and saw the same.  Incredible acting all the way round, but Mads really brought it this episode.  

I keep thinking about the imagery of Will/fisherman/Jesus, and we know that Fuller and Mads see Hannibal as Lucifer.  

In some odd way it was as though there was the desire (in a gnostic sense) for the two halves to become whole again on Hannibal's part, but Will, being intrinsically good and also a force for justice, can't allow that to happen.  What a twist, then, that Lucifer leaves his hell of loneliness, is washed clean, and rises into the heavens and Will is just...lying on a floor surrounded by people bleeding to death.  

This show just blows me away.

• Love 3

I don't even remember Bedelia being in this episode. Did it happen after the credits or something?

Life lesson: Don't ever leave before the next show starts, otherwise you risk missing something. Like Bedelia enjoying first-class champagne.

• Love 4

I loved the episode but the fact that Hannibal  didn't  even  have a scratch on his face but three FBI agents were left for dead was a bit too much for me. We've seen Hannibal doing "impossible" things before, but this was the finale and those three FBI agents were very important characters. I don't know, I think I'd be more upset if it had been more realistic.

I almost felt sorry for Hannibal when he realized Will had been lying to him. The bertrayal, the way he tries to test Will during the dinner. He had so many twisted plans for his little family. 

Bedelia was a total surprise and right now, I don't understand why she's with him and when they talked about running away together. Bedelia wasn't going to be arrested, so she had no need to start a life as a fugitive. 

(edited)

There was a lot going on during many of the conversations between Will and Hannibal. Especially the one at the dinner table. I loved it, but I had to re-watch to take it all in.

Will: I need 'em to know. If I confessed to Jack Crawford right now..
Hannibal: I would forgive you.

What do you guys think this exchange meant? Will did pause, but I love how Hannibal interjected and shifted the meaning of what Will was saying. I think Hannibal replaced Jack with himself. So he's saying, if Will were to confess his betrayal, Hannibal would forgive him.

Hannibal: If Jack were to tell you all is forgiven, would you accept his forgiveness?

Hannibal then asks if Will would accept his forgiveness. Would knowing that he'd be forgiven, be enough to turn Will from his path of betrayal? This is my take of the exchange, but I'm not sure.

I thought this whole conversation at the dinner table was such a moving moment. Hannibal is 10 steps ahead of everyone else. So he's reaching out, trying to persuade Will to change his mind. At the end, there was a long pause that framed Hannibal's face. I felt it was a moment of resignation. He'd lost Will, all he could do now was play out the remaining moves on the chess board.

Then when the season long pretence finally came to an end, Hannibal laid his emotions out. "We couldn't leave without you." Reddened teary eyes, cracking voice, "Now that you know me, see me." Mads was so good. He was angry, hurt, sad, betrayed. But through it all, his sense of survival never left him.

I always thought Hannibal didn't really have emotions, especially in S1 when he was torturing Will. But he clearly does. I'm going to re-watch things from S1. I mean, does he really care about Will and Abigail, or was he upset because his own desire to have a family with Will was not reciprocal?

That was another good moment, when he spoke about Will rejecting his gift.

Edited by greenbean
  • Love 6
(edited)

Did Hannibal really mean it when he told Alanna to be blind and walk away? If she had just left, would he really have let her live? He seemed sincere in the moment, but he seemed sincere right before he gutted Will too so I don't know what to believe that comes out of Hannibal's mouth.

I think he was.  He was giving the people he loved a chance, partly, I think because Hannibal needed them to "be blind" and to just run so he could maintain a scrap of the idea that they were still his and they loved him too and maybe come back to him.  When they didn't, it was the last piece of their betrayal of him and so he had to kill them.  

In his mind if he couldn't have Will, no one could.  But Hannibal was going to give them, Will especially, every chance to stay.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 3
(edited)

I really believe that Hannibal loves Will and wanted to have his little fucked up family with him. Abigail was going to be his present once they left for their new life. Once Hannibal knew Freddie was still alive he went with plan B.

I know Fuller has said that Will is straight and Hannibal less restrictive in his sexuality, but that entire gutting scene was so thick with homoeroticism that I almost stopped breathing. Holy cow, how can something so disturbing be so damn erotic?

Am I the only 1 that thought Bedelia wasn't in on the plan but got surprised when Hannibal showed up on her plane? She's so controlled to hard to read her but when she turned down the champagne it just seemed like she wasn't in the celebratory mood.

All in all an amazing episode and I'm so glad this show was renewed. Just amazing.

Anyone know why my spellcheck doesn't work in the posting box?

Edited by caseylane
  • Love 2
(edited)
What a twist, then, that Lucifer leaves his hell of loneliness, is washed clean, and rises into the heavens and Will is just...lying on a floor surrounded by people bleeding to death.

Just the episode before Will fantasized knifing Hannibal and was splashed with his blood in the process.  Nice parallel:  the innocent man gets stained in blood while the devil gets washed clean.

I know Fuller has said that Will is straight and Hannibal less restrictive in his sexuality, but that entire gutting scene was so think with homoeroticism that I almost stopped breathing. Holy cow, how can something so disturbing be so damn erotic?

No kidding!  Throughout much of the series I kept thinking, "Just kiss already!"  Even after Hannibal gutted Will and he was holding him close with Will sobbing on his shoulder, both soaked in blood, I was still thinking, "Just kiss him!"  How fucked up is that?  Such a brilliant show!  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 5

We've seen Will draw his weapon on Hannibal in a kitchen twice now, seeking vengeance. The fact that he lowered his weapon this time and didn't attempt to defend himself was symbolic of the fact that, as he said, he didn't want to deprive Hannibal of his life anymore. Just his liberty. I think Will seemed so defeated in this episode because he had come to terms with the fact that he loved Hannibal as much as he was loved by Hannibal, and there was no way for him to either surrender himself as a force for good and go with Hannibal or to kill the one person he truly loved and needed. Will's best case scenario was Hannibal locked up and prevented from harming others, but accessible so Will could continue their friendship. Will wanted the 'precious gift' Hannibal gave him, but he also wanted to curtail Hannibal as a force of destruction. That was never going to happen, of course. 

In the book, Will faced a long and painful recovery. I hope the early part of S3 doesn't shirk on the terrible consequences of all this violence and betrayal, not just fixate on Hannibal's Jolly Holiday. Also, will Freddie Lounds sink as low as book Freddie and sneak into Will's hospital room with her camera to expose his vulnerability? It would be a pat way to show Hannibal that Will was still alive, and to force his all-consuming obsession with Will back to life.

• Love 2

Mac, you couldn't see it clearly, but Abigail's ear was indeed not on her head where it should have been.  Somewhere there's a photo taken by a crew member floating around the net of Kacey Rohl with the lopped off ear prosthetic.

Helena, I totally agree with you in that there are some realistic elements in this show which, when scrutinized, sort of fall apart.  

Then again, Hannibal of the series has become so much more than the Hannibal of the books or the films.  For me the show works best on a quasi-mythical level.  Here, Hannibal is super-human or beyond human in that he is able to do things which humans cannot--plan, manipulate, see into men's hearts and pull darkness out; just as Will can empathize to such a degree that he is able to enter the minds of others and see their intent as though it were his own.  I mean, if I look at the past two seasons, I can say with a pretty fair amount of certainty that there's no way that Hannibal would have gotten away with any of this.

But if I go with Fuller's and Mads' interpretation of Hannibal as fallen angel, it all makes much more sense to me, and the things which would ordinarily bug me become insignificant. 

• Love 2

Alana was insanely naive and ill-prepared, but I really have to give her credit for going to help Jack and Will when she knew no one else would. Not the smart move, but the gutsy one.

• Love 9

And there are plenty CSI sorts of shows for the more practical viewer.  I want epic.  A battle between good and evil that is murky and challenging.  In the books Hannibal wins.  In Fuller' s world will he?

For me seeing Will healthy and happy would be a small victory.

• Love 4

Even if the Fullerverse stays true to the books and Will winds up a bitter, lonely, broken alcoholic with a face that's "hard to look at" he'll still have his beloved dogs to love and care and live for. That's one grace note Fuller has afforded our Will.

• Love 3
(edited)

To kick things into high gear. The FBI were ready to arrest Will and Jack, but if they could get Hannibal to show his cards then he could either run (which I think Will was really wanting) or he would try to kill Jack, either way they would have unmasked Hannibal to a certain degree and gotten the FBI to take a better look at him.

I think Will called Jack to try and spare Jack from walking in there alone. Will was hoping Hannibal would run immediately, and Jack wouldn't put himself in jeopardy. When Will arrived, he said "you were supposed to be gone" to Hannibal.

As mentioned by a previous poster, it did seem incomprehensible that Hannibal walked away from all that carnage with seemingly not a scratch on him. It looked like Jack had done some damage to him during their fight.

Edited by DangerousMinds

What a twist, then, that Lucifer leaves his hell of loneliness, is washed clean, and rises into the heavens and Will is just...lying on a floor surrounded by people bleeding to death.

See this is why as an ardent Lecterphile since Red Dragon was published, I am not freaked out by how much Fuller has strayed from canon and screwed with the characters and plot lines. Because that quote right there is the essence of the trilogy and Fuller clearly gets it and digs it. From hell to heaven. Lecter is not a Dante expert for nothing.  From Inferno, to Purgatory, to Paradise.

I am so stunned that they let that all play out on network television.

• Love 3

What happened to Will's gun? He walked into the house with it, saw Abigail, saw Hannibal, and the rest of the shots were so tight the gun just kind of disappeared. Could he have gotten off a shot or did he drop it when he was first stabbed?

I thought that too. I asked elsewhere and someone said there was a sound of him dropping the gun.

Bedelia wasn't going to be arrested, so she had no need to start a life as a fugitive.

She wasn't worried about that. She'd already been found by the FBI and she knows that means that Hannibal will be after her no matter what. She's a survivor and a survivor's motto is "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

They have a long history together. Like Will, she was manipulated into killing her patient by Hannibal but unlike him it was ruled self defense and she was free to continue being Hannibal's shrink/confidante/audience. When he started in with Will he became more and more dangerous until for her own safety she fled (and just in time.) She would have stayed gone if she thought it would do any good, but it wouldn't. 

Luckily, even Hannibal Lecter leaves constant clues as to his true nature. Bedelia followed his bread crumbs to a logical conclusion: if he comes to her, he will kill her. But if heartbroken, bereft, lonely Hannibal is approached by the one remaining person who knows him openly and freely as a companion, he won't be able to resist. She buys time, can keep an eye on him, and if he gets dangerous again, she can always drop a dime to Interpol.

She didn't tell anybody her real plan, which was to wait for the plane and see who showed up. If Hannibal walks into the first class lounge he won, and she activates her plan as a companion. If the cops show up, she knows Hannibal got taken down and she's free. If nobody, she takes the plane to Europe and proceeds from there.*

*all this is conjecture but I feel it's supported by what's been shown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think that's a good appraisal of Bedelia's situation, Snookums.  As another poster said, she is a survivor.

I was unsure, but on re-watch, when he leans in to tell Will to make it all go away, and wade into the quiet of the stream. A tear falls from his eye. The man was upset.

Oh yes.  I don't think Hannibal had felt emotion that real since the death of his sister.  He was so hurt that after all that carnage, he still had to poison the stream for Will.

In the book, Will faced a long and painful recovery. I hope the early part of S3 doesn't shirk on the terrible consequences of all this violence and betrayal, not just fixate on Hannibal's Jolly Holiday. Also, will Freddie Lounds sink as low as book Freddie and sneak into Will's hospital room with her camera to expose his vulnerability?

I would like to see Will's pychological and physical recovery, because both will be intense.  His only hope of forming a support group would be with Alana, should she survive.  And he is going to have to figure out what is left of him in the absence of Hannibal.  No doubt there will be an inquiry with the FBI, and he may need a lawyer once again.

I hope Freddie will give him a bit more dignity, especially given their moment together this episode, but she is Freddie, and the story is the thing.  I thought her past history was an interesting touch.  With Beverly lost, Bella dying, and Alana's fate unknown, Freddie is poised to become our primary female character.  It would be interesting if she became geuninely involved in the hunt for Hannibal with Will.

Edited by MisterGlass
(edited)

Why would Bedelia have expected the police to show up at the aiport? I doubt they would have been looking for her in the midst of everything else. I look forward to Fuller's telling of her reasons for traveling with Hannibal, because i don't buy that she decided to hitch herself to him simply because of fear that he'd find her. I assume she was under FBI protection when Jack brought her back and interviewed her recently, and probably safe in FBI housing. She could have stayed there a few days, a week, then chosen to go anywhere - Australia, Bali, Egypt, Morroco, Miami Beach, the Middle East, Mexico, Alaska, Trinidad, anywhere. Hannibal didn't have much time to research her whereabouts, he was fleeing the authorities with bodies strewn all over his house. There has to be more to this story.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2

No kidding!  Throughout much of the series I kept thinking, "Just kiss already!"  Even after Hannibal gutted Will and he was holding him close with Will sobbing on his shoulder, both soaked in blood, I was still thinking, "Just kiss him!"  How fucked up is that?  Such a brilliant show!

LOL, I kept thinking "Just get a room already (and let me watch)!"

I've never really gotten Will's obsession with Abigail. Maybe it's because I don't like the actress.

• Love 2

snookums, thank you for the explication of Bedelia's possible motivations/decisions.  That works for me.

Then again, Hannibal of the series has become so much more than the Hannibal of the books or the films.

I have only seen SotL and Red Dragon (and Manhunter, before either of them) and I haven't read the books --- but Mads has absolutely obliterated Anthony Hopkins from my idea of Hannibal and I didn't think that was possible.  And despite the previous great actors who played Will, I'm all in with Hugh Dancy's portrayal.  All Hail Fuller!

• Love 5
Jesus, right? And frankly, you'd think the rest of Hannibal's rich/persnickety neighbors would be calling 911 too. The sounds of a truly titanic battle plus multiple gunshots plus a woman falling out a window in a rich area of town should even get what by all rights ought to be The Most Cynical Cops In The World to at least put the siren on. Good God.

It was pouring rain, it's really loud. I find it believable that nobody would hear a thing inside a comfy home !

Also, the FBI and/or police in Baltimore are the slowest-responding in the world.

I thought the same thing and went online to find out : maybe not the slowest but it seems kind of realistic with the current reality :

http://homesecurity.inmyarea.com/guides/baltimore-maryland-police-response-times

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/north-baltimore/ph-ms-civic-league-0530-20130523,0,4964987.story

http://www.city-data.com/forum/baltimore/133833-baltimore-city-police-your-stories-6.html

(not blaming real life cops here to be clear, I assume they don't have the means to do better)

And in general : http://apbweb.com/featured-articles/1188-response-times-city-to-city.html : 10 minutes seems to be average.  14 minutes between Alana's call and the moment Hannibal puts his coat on and walks away. Again, with the rain, they were slowed ?

• Love 3

I assume she was under FBI protection when Jack brought her back and interviewed her recently, and probably safe in FBI housing. She could have stayed there a few days, a week, then chosen to go anywhere - Australia, Bali, Egypt, Morroco, Miami Beach, the Middle East, Mexico, Alaska, Trinidad, anywhere. Hannibal didn't have much time to research her whereabouts, he was fleeing the authorities with bodies strewn all over his house. There has to be more to this story.

Well, that would have kept her safe in the short to medium term. But given Hannibal's skills, she wouldn't have been completely safe from Hannibal as long as he was alive. Even in this show's continuity, Will managed to nearly kill Hannibal while incarcerated at BSHCI. If I were her I wouldn't have put my trust in the FBI either.

(edited)

I loved the episode but the fact that Hannibal  didn't  even  have a scratch on his face but three FBI agents were left for dead was a bit too much for me. We've seen Hannibal doing "impossible" things before, but this was the finale and those three FBI agents were very important characters. I don't know, I think I'd be more upset if it had been more realistic.

He did have a couple of body wounds and his nose was bleeding, but it worked for me that he came out mostly unscathed. Jack, Will, and Alana were on his territory, and he had more weapons - literally and figuratively - in his reach. Alana, who wasn't an agent, never stood a chance of hurting him, and Will let Hannibal close enough to gut him. Only Jack put up a real fight and he was the only one who did any real physical damage to Hannibal.

On a related note, if the effects were at all realistic, Jack, who had a neck wound, might make it, but Abigail, who had blood spurting out of her neck, is a goner.

Btw, who did Hannibal feed to Bedelia last finale when we speculated about her eating Abiveal?

ETA: On rewatch, Jack's neck did some spurting too, and the blood on Hannibal's shirt may have been mostly Jack's from the knife in the hand.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1
Bedelia wasn't going to be arrested, so she had no need to start a life as a fugitive.

Who ever said any of it was about getting arrested with her?   She might actually love Hannibal.  She has a history with him that has yet to be explored .  My guess season 3 will explore it.  

Why would Bedelia have expected the police to show up at the aiport? I doubt they would have been looking for her in the midst of everything else.

Eh, I'm going on the assumption that if Hannibal loses (is killed/captured) a search of his house and person would turn up his tickets and passport, or some memoranda of where he's planning to go, and Will, being his presumed traveling companion might be able to supposition a bit as well. The cops might go to the airport just to cover all their bases, and all Bedelia has to do is tell them she was fleeing out of fear for her life (leaving out the part about meeting Hannibal, of course.) If she bought two sets of tickets--one to get on the plane with Hannibal to Paris or wherever they're going, and another set to another destination to show the cops--she could get away with it. They don't suspect her of anything. 

Hmmm. I'm disturbingly good at planning to hook up with murderers and evade/lie to the police. I might need therapy.

• Love 4

Mads has absolutely obliterated Anthony Hopkins from my idea of Hannibal and I didn't think that was possible. 

This. Mads has almost made Anthony Hopkin's portrayal seem cartoonish. I am anxiously awaiting the fava beans scene since that will be the final comparison and I don't think AH will come out on top. 

• Love 7
(edited)
See this is why as an ardent Lecterphile since Red Dragon was published, I am not freaked out by how much Fuller has strayed from canon and screwed with the characters and plot lines. Because that quote right there is the essence of the trilogy and Fuller clearly gets it and digs it. From hell to heaven. Lecter is not a Dante expert for nothing.  From Inferno, to Purgatory, to Paradise.

I really agree with this.  Fuller has the essence of the stories, not the details, but the essence; and to me that's important.  I felt that the ending was very interesting and I am surprised that it was shown on network TV.

That last scene, when Hannibal and Bedelia are on the plane really got me.  Hannibal gives Bedelia a pleased look and then he turns from her and the mask drops and we see the evil; or maybe we see regret.

I expected Hannibal to kiss Will after he stabbed him.

What floor did Alana fall from?  How tall is Hannibal's home?

Where was Abigail all this time?  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

Alana fell from two, possibly three stories, and if she had landed on her feet that damage would not have been so serious because of the opportunity to cushion the imipact provided by her knees.  But she went through a pane of glass and landed on her back. There is potential for serious cuts, broken bones, internal bleeding, and spinal injury.

I am not sure where Abigail would have been kept.  I suspect she would have been kept separate from Miriam, but somewhere under his control.  The upstairs rooms in the house would have been too dangerous with Alana staying over.  The basement seems harsh since he did intend her to be part of his extended family.  Perhaps she was the original occupant of the cabin in the woods where Miriam was found.

Bedelia always looks worried to me.  I think she must feel that her life is not her own.

• Love 2

If Alana had landed on her feet, she would probably have had compound fractures in both legs at the very least. I wonder how Abigail didn't go down with her since she ran at Alana to push her with a lot of force, didn't she? Seems as if momentum would have kept her going.

I agree, she would certainly not have walked away, but the rest of her body would have been more protected.  Abigail must have transferred most of her energy to Alana; perhaps she caught herself against the inside window ledge?

Btw, who did Hannibal feed to Bedelia last finale when we speculated about her eating Abiveal?

That is a damned good question. 

I am not sure where Abigail would have been kept.  I suspect she would have been kept separate from Miriam, but somewhere under his control. 

I'm not convinced that Miriam isn't working on behalf of Hannibal on a more conscious level than the brianwashing stuff we've seen of her.  Just throwing that out there.  So they might have been kept together eventually and for a time. 

I love that we still don't know for certain if Chilton is dead or not (I'm still assuming not).  FOr that matter, we haven't seen Miriam since she shot him.

(edited)
I am not sure where Abigail would have been kept.  I suspect she would have been kept separate from Miriam, but somewhere under his control.  The upstairs rooms in the house would have been too dangerous with Alana staying over.  The basement seems harsh since he did intend her to be part of his extended family.

Did we ever knew for sure what shocked Beverly Katz in the basement ? I assumed it was a fridge butcher warehouse style but now, not so sure.

I took 3 stills of the episode (here's hoping my hosting skills don't suck).

She goes down, looks around and then, turns on a light : 

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/25636815-e0b6-4ee0-95ab-14ce0b568591.jpg

She's shocked, says "Oh my god" as whe see Hannibal behind her (I can still hear me gasping and whispering at the tv : he's behind you, turn around point and shoot Bev !!)

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/cfbe4d62-8055-4093-9bfa-c95996289ab6.jpg

She -finally !- turns around and we see a little bit of a wall nothing clinical like I suspect Hannibal's human fridge would be.

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/5891b9f1-76fb-4c94-a2bc-f7b5526591cd.jpg

Could it be where Hannibal kept Abigail at the time ?

If this question was already asked and answer at the time, please forgive me as I didn't read Hannibal's forum on a regular basis given sometimes I wait a little bit to watch an episode in a good frame of mind and didn't want to be spoiled ! 

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 3

Yeah I think a lot of us have been assuming she must have seen a jacked up Miriam (before getting moved to the little hole they found her in) but it could have just as easily been Abigail.  Much like the Chilton stuff, I'm now super amused that we don't know for sure.  Fuller is so good at that sort of thing. "Here let me bring up this interesting plot point for you to obsess on and then make you forget all about it by the time another possible answer for said plot point rears its head."  Like someone said here about Abigail... Of all the characters I thought for certain was dead..

• Love 2
I believe Fuller suggested in one of the show's post-mortems that Abigail may have been who Beverly saw in the basement before Hannibal killed her.  So your spec is pretty spot-on.  :)

Oh really !!?? Thanks for letting me know ! I'm kind of right for a speculation on something for the first time ever ! Woohoo ! 

"Here let me bring up this interesting plot point for you to obsess on and then make you forget all about it by the time another possible answer for said plot point rears its head."

So brilliant this show, it's amazing. *sigh of happiness*