Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Beyond the Sunset

11 hours ago, piratewench said:

I thought there was some chemistry with Jessie, but I definitely agree on the blonde judge and Rachel Bilson and the other lady friends Deacon had.

She wasn't a bad character, just because you think she was.  Maybe she was needy and whiny.  That doesn't make her a bad character.  She had a purpose, even if you didn't see it.  You didn't seem like you really liked anything about the show, though, based on all your posts, so I guess it doesn't surprise me that you found it all "bad".  Why were you watching?

I mean.. Here’s the thing it’s like I was a shipper for Jessie and deacon but I kind of wish they had ended up together. If only because we spend a whole season building their arc of a relationship up only to have them not happen and somehow deacon is giving another love interest in the final moments of this show? I.. huh? Also yeah as much as I liked that Connie did a Rayna flashback moment, it does really insinuate that deacon can’t or won’t move on.

This though was probably going to be an issue for this show. It’s probably an issue for a lot of shows that had a character die on a show who is one half of the main couple on the show. Greys Anatomy has been having trouble with this for a few years now. The struggle is viewers want Deacon to move on but if there was no Rayna moment, everyone would have felt cheated.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

....but now Meredith will probably find love with Will! 

I know.. it’s kind of funny I used greys as an example and now Chris is heading over there, more than likely to become Mers love interest! 

• Love 2

Late to the party.  I've been binge watching the last 6 episodes and just finished.  I had to compose myself before I posted as I too cried at the end.  And then I came across the post with the video (damn you!!) and I started crying again!!!  I was glad to finally see what I missed upon watching. I was happy to see Teddy and Beverly and Rayna of course and her ex-fiance.

I will say that since Episode 1, Season 1, Bucky and Glen are still the same person to me.  I was never able to distinguish them.

I'm kind of happy it's over as it wasn't fun to watch anymore towards the end and I only watch out of loyalty.  

• Love 1

I noted upthread that I saw some chemistry with Deacon and Ilse and it had nothing to do with disliking Jessie. Her bond with Daphne played a part but chemistry is there or it's not.  I didn't actually mind Jessie by herself but there was no there there between her and Deacon. 

To be fair to Jessie, being the first woman Deacon was involved with after losing his wife and love of his life only a little over a year previously would have been a tough row to hoe, but it could have been 10 years later and I wouldn't have felt they were the right fit.

Going way back, I saw some great chemistry between Deacon and Juliette and had it not been for Rayna and Avery, I could have absolutely seen them together.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 2

Ick.  I saw tons of friend chemistry between Deacon and Juliette, but I always squirmed every time they were in bed together.  She really was young enough to be his daughter.

I don't disagree that being the first woman after Rayna would be a hard place to be.  I liked Jessie with Deacon though because they seemed more evenly matched, at least at first.  One of the things about the Deacon/Rayna dynamic was that Rayna was clearly the alpha of that relationship. Deacon said it - they lived in her beautiful house with her daughters and she called all the shots.  Yes, she loved him, but it was just the balance of power was never shifted towards Deacon.  With Deacon and Jessie, it was a little more evenly matched and, in fact, it gave Deacon the opportunity to be the leader, so to speak.

I went back and watched that scene again with Ilsa and I still thought it was awkward and random and saw no chemistry at all.  But I think it's pretty safe to say she wouldn't have been the one either.  I think it was going to take Deacon a while to get past what he had with Rayna and I'm okay with that.

• Love 3

I decided to check out the series finale just for old times sake.  I used to be a fan, but, got aggravated with the writing and gave up on it, but, still felt some fondness for the great cast.  I wasn't able to locate it on Spectrum OnDemand, which is my provider, and I don't think that I've ever had that problem before.  There are only just a few shows from CMT available On demand. 

AND, when I go to the CMT website, where it says Full Episodes, they never send you to the full episodes.  It's just a loop of summaries, previews, etc.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

It's available on Itunes, $2.99 per episode. Or, If you're comfortable with it and/or know how, you could torrent it for free, I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

It's available on Itunes, $2.99 per episode. Or, If you're comfortable with it and/or know how, you could torrent it for free, I suppose.

That's not very much, but, I'm just shocked.  I've always been able to watch any kind of show that comes on my cable On demand free.  Odd. 

Here's the CMT site.  It says Full Episodes, but, where are they hidden?

http://www.cmt.com/shows/nashville

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's not very much, but, I'm just shocked.  I've always been able to watch any kind of show that comes on my cable On demand free.  Odd. 

Yeah, that does seem strange...I think I read where CMT is restructuring, not sure if or why that would affect on demand, but maybe. Also, I just double checked, the $2.99 is for HD, you can also get it in SD for $1.99.

• Love 1
Just now, Daltrey said:

Yeah, that does seem strange...I think I read where CMT is restructuring, not sure if or why that would affect on demand, but maybe. Also, I just double checked, the $2.99 is for HD, you can also get it in SD for $1.99.

Thanks.  Maybe, I'll do it this weekend. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

No problem, Enjoy. It's worth it for the last ten minutes or so alone, I think.

Yeah, I love most of the central original cast and the music.  I read a detailed summary of the finale and so I sort of know what to expect. I just want to see it too.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

original cast and the music.

It really is pretty fantastic...just looking over the albums available on Itunes and it looks like they've started issuing individual character albums. Juliette has a couple, Maddie and Daphne have one, Scarlett.... I'm listening to some samples and getting all nostalgic already....It's kind of a bummer, lol. Looks like I might be spending some money as well, ha!

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is my favorite.  Actually, one of my all time favorites from anywhere......LOVE IT.  

I actually like all versions of it. lol

I hadn't seen that final opre clip, that was great.

• Love 1