Type keyword(s) to search

The escapades of Evelyn.

• Start Topic

On 7/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, dosodog said:

That was such an awesomely heartbreaking moment.  I'm watching Midnight Run this week.  Yup.  Gonna do it.

Me too !! And do the litmus configuration just for old time's sake. 

1 hour ago, film noire said:

Like J. Edgar Hoover and Mary? ;)

hoover.gif

~paging @Alonzo Mosely FBI 

Haha alas I am a movie character and sa at that a bumbling hapless example of an FBI agent! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Puzzle Master, @Martinigirl, left another clue!

She alluded to Carole posting (she did not say where) under the name Evelyn.

Also, it should be noted she changed the spelling of Evelyn to Evelynn.

She also spelled "Carole" wrong. Hmmmmm......Wouldn't Carole know how to spell her own name after 55 years?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Puzzle Master, @Martinigirl, left another clue!

She alluded to Carole posting (she did not say where) under the name Evelyn.

Also, it should be noted she changed the spelling of Evelyn to Evelynn.

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She also spelled "Carole" wrong. Hmmmmm......Wouldn't Carole know how to spell her own name after 55 years?

I just did a member search  for "evelyn" and there is no one posting on any housewives board with that user name. I got 3 results, all of which included "evelyn" somewhere in their user names. Two have never posted anything. One posted exactly once about American Idol. And a search of "evelyn" would have caught the spelling of "evelynn." I also searched "evilyn" and got nothing. I tried basically every vowel substitution and got nothing. If Carole is using the user name "evelyn" or "evelynn" or some variation to post somewhere, it's not here.

Sorry to throw Columbian effluvia on everyone's fun.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
On 8/2/2018 at 2:29 AM, HunterHunted said:

I just did a member search  for "evelyn" and there is no one posting on any housewives board with that user name.

I did the same  -- great minds, m'lady!  (I'm sticking with the filberts/espionage/financier/Andy Cohen's Mom/Andy Cohen himself/whatever new batshit crazy theory of Evelyn arises  -- more  fun than anything Carole would have posted here, anyway ;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

I want to apologize if we upset you with the Evelyn posts. It is not a joke that only a few are in on.  Only Martinigirl knows who Evelyn is or means. The rest of us were being silly and ran with it. Everyone needs some whimsy in their life. Sorry.

My two cents: I don't think you need to apologize, Reality Police.  You and Tara created a fun meme,  and then a thread (clearly labeled Evelyn) welcoming anybody in who wanted to play along -- there was nothing exclusionary about it, just pure housewife silliness, imo.

And (for me, at least) it was far more lighthearted than most of the damn show itself : )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

None of this was done in any mean-spirited way at all. All of it really started with some cryptic, and maybe a mistake posted by another member. Then, if you go back some pages on the thread, everyone started to ask who is Evelyn. Many people started making jokes about it. Reality Police and I just took it to another level and created a place for everyone to continue the humor. I really assumed that everyone knew it was in jest. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I am all good with Evelyn, but not all in with the Carole is posting as Evelyn conspiracy theory.

Not buying that.

Nor am I. I did a search here right after that was posted and I agree, there’s no Evelyn that posts here, or anywhere else (save 1 post in an old American Idol thread. 

• Love 6

Pierce Brosnan was in a movie called Evelyn and a movie called Ghost Writer...are they/is he connected somehow...? His wife used to host Unsolved Mysteries let's get Keely Shay Smith as a HW and she'll get to the bottom of it!

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

I almost thought I had solved it. I just binge watched Season 7 for completely high brow reasons and the women were all talking about Sonya going after this guy she thought was gay and trying to kiss him. That rationale still boggles my mind but they were talking about this guy's girlfriend nearly hitting Sonja. Her name was YVELINE. I thought "aha!" because the Evelyn mystery had me stumped as well. But then I saw that Evelyn was mentioned in reference to Carole. So who the hell knows.

• Love 5