Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranky One

Emily Simpson: I object to how many times she mentions she's an attorney

21 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:
On 9/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Kim Kardashian is working towards becoming a lawyer.  Who do you think will pass the bar exam first, the woman who became famous for her big ass and a sex tape or Shane?

Shane failed the bar exam yet again.  What do you think will happen first,  Kim Kardashian is appointed to a judgeship or Shane passing the bar exam?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

15 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Shane failed the bar exam yet again.  What do you think will happen first,  Kim Kardashian is appointed to a judgeship or Shane passing the bar exam?

I shudder at the thought of either one. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

What do you think will happen first,  Kim Kardashian is appointed to a judgeship or Shane passing the bar exam?

I think Kim has a better chance of being appointed a Supreme Court judge before Shane passes the bar. 

• Laugh 12

Bravo announced the RH Salt Lake City Franchise

I wonder if Shane's plan has been to move back to Utah - if so will Emily go and try to be part of that city's cast

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bravo announced the RH Salt Lake City Franchise

I wonder if Shane's plan has been to move back to Utah - if so will Emily go and try to be part of that city's cast

I’m hoping Emily isn’t idiotic enough to follow Shane anywhere.

• Like 5

Yay, another state for Shane to repeatedly fail the bar test!

• Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Yay, another state for Shane to repeatedly fail the bar test!

Hah - Shane actually passed the bar in Utah - he had a practice in that state.

That's why I said maybe they'll move back to Utah so he can work in law again.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

So what does Shane do for a living?  Does he have any type of job, or skill?

Four times.  Wow.  If he were at least a nice guy, I'd have sympathy, but dumb/lazy + a jerk = a loser.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Four times.  Wow.  If he were at least a nice guy, I'd have sympathy, but dumb/lazy + a jerk = a loser.

He works as a claims investigator for a company called Apex Investigations.

Their first season on the show - it came across as him being Mr. Mom while she went out and worked 2 full time jobs - Lawyer and Event Planner

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Interesting bit about Emily and Shane.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/lookbook/emily-simpson-not-wearing-wedding-ring-why

“Hold on now, Emily isn't the only one in the relationship not wearing wedding bling — it appears Shane Simpson might've misplaced his ring as well. In an Instagram Stories clip in October, Shane also appeared ringless. When Emily asked him where his bauble was, he replied, "I don't even know if... I don't think I have a wedding ring." Emily then confirmed, "I bought you a wedding ring." However, Shane still couldn't recall the actual ring itself.”

• Surprise 7

I’m a little bit more shocked at seeing Tamra Barney listed as President. 

50F13BF2-0FF0-4227-A297-F1DD9760B2BD.thumb.jpeg.2cf48d7893e1eb0b0f0ced16084da979.jpeg

President of what? (Rhetorical) Real professional.  

Hmmm on Shane not realizing that he had a wedding ring. I can probably safely assume he wasn’t drunk or stoned at the time of his matrimony. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

On 11/19/2019 at 7:41 AM, Sterling said:

I was hoping to find a comment like this.  I don't watch this franchise, but I love trashy reality TV and I'm an attorney so I guess Google figured I MUST be interested and so I've had like at least 3 stories a day about this dude failing the California bar exam. 

I felt terrible for him because the exam is really tough...and so I was hoping to find out he was an asshole so I wouldn't have to pity him. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

What a sad little man. You’d think he’d change his strategy for studying for the bar, hire a tutor or something. Maybe law just isn’t for him. I’m sure he could find a vacant bridge he could guard. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

To be fair to Shane (blech) the Bar gets harder every time you fail it as well, so the percentage of passing goes down. California is the hardest bar in the country and they don't let you waive in for experience/passing another Bar like most states do (some others don't as well) but STILL, to fail 3 times? He's never passing now. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Lisin said:

To be fair to Shane (blech) the Bar gets harder every time you fail it as well, so the percentage of passing goes down. California is the hardest bar in the country and they don't let you waive in for experience/passing another Bar like most states do (some others don't as well) but STILL, to fail 3 times? He's never passing now. 

4 times, but who's counting....

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/11/rhoc-star-emily-simpsons-husband-shane-flunks-bar-exam-again/

How does the Bar get harder each time you fail it?  Do you get a unique and different test each time you re-take it?  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

25 minutes ago, Sterling said:

How does the Bar get harder each time you fail it?  Do you get a unique and different test each time you re-take it?  

I think the theory is that your essays are scrutinized more thoroughly every time you take it. The thing with the California Bar is it's 5 one hour long essay questions, 200 multiple choice questions and a 90 minute performance test, which is like a fake case you have to brief (write pleadings for and make an argument etc.) so you could get all 200 multiple choice questions right and still fail based on the essays and performance test. It isn't just about memorizing facts or being able to recall cases. Sometimes people get the question right even if they're technically "wrong" based on a case they site not applying or having the law wrong but they make a great argument and get given points for that. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 7

55 minutes ago, Lisin said:

I think the theory is that your essays are scrutinized more thoroughly every time you take it. The thing with the California Bar is it's 5 one hour long essay questions, 200 multiple choice questions and a 90 minute performance test, which is like a fake case you have to brief (write pleadings for and make an argument etc.) so you could get all 200 multiple choice questions right and still fail based on the essays and performance test. It isn't just about memorizing facts or being able to recall cases. Sometimes people get the question right even if they're technically "wrong" based on a case they site not applying or having the law wrong but they make a great argument and get given points for that. 

Oh wow.  I can understand why it's such a hard bar!  😀

Thanks for the great  explanation!

That said, Shane went to law school, passed the Utah bar, and did practice law.  To fail once, twice....but 4 times?  Time to figure out a different full-time profession, if his current gig isn't what it is for him.

Edited by Sterling
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sterling said:

That said, Shane went to law school, passed the Utah bar, and did practice law.  To fail once, twice....but 4 times?  Time to figure out a different full-time profession, if his current gig isn't what it is for him.

Oh totally. He’s a shit show for sure. And I really dislike him. I’m honestly surprised he even tried to take it again. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sterling said:

🎶 Once... twice... four times a failure 🎶

I actually like Shane (ducks) but I agree, time to find another goal!

• Like 1

I think he also made a mistake retaking it in July. I know more than one person who failed and they were all advised to not take the next one because of when you have to sign up to take it is so close to when you find out your results that your not going to have enough time to prepare.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Does Emily delete all the tweet replies that say anything negative towards her? I think I saw one that was negative, and it looked like it was allowed to survive because someone added a “snappy” positive comeback.

I mean even Kyle Richards allows the negative stuff to stay up for a while

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 2:16 PM, Sterling said:

To fail once, twice....but 4 times?

In the words of Lionel Ritchie...He's once, twice, four times a lady. 😄

I have to give credit to ANYONE who gets through law school. Forget the bar exam  So much to memorize...so many Latin terms.  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

On 11/26/2019 at 1:23 PM, Lisin said:

Maybe. Someone on here said Florida was hard as well. I have a friend who went to law school in her mid forties and passed the bar on her fifth try. Sure, she’s a couple or three hundred thousand in debt now at the age of 53 because she took loans for school and to live on and makes 25k per year less than she made as a paralegal, but she can finally say she’s an attorney. I think she’s nuts, but her ego demanded the title, even if it meant she would probably be set back financially for the rest of her life. I wonder though if Shane has that big an ego. I don’t actually see it. He can practice law in UT, has an interesting and well paid job, and has family money to fall back on. 

• Like 1