Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Damocles Part One

the+100+header+pic+%255Bwww.imagesplitte

In part one of the fifth season finale, Octavia leads her people into war. While behind enemy lines, our heroes must overcome their differences to save Wonkru from extinction.

Damnit! We were two seconds away from an Octavia death! Damn you, Spacekru and Madi!

No deaths yet, but Gaia and Kane's lives are in danger. I expected Gaia, but didn't think it would be Kane. He better not die. No matter how annoying he's been this season, I still want him to survive. 

Oh, hey, it's Jaha's kid from episode tw- oh, never mind, he's dead now. Bye, kid. 

So, Madi's definitely dying, yeah? We know Clarke won't (though I wouldn't be sad if she did) so it's gotta be Madi. But watch that Flame still survive somehow and be put back into Clarke or some bullshit like that. I'd rather the Flame just died altogether. Seriously though, Clarke also needs to do better at redeeming herself. I liked the scene with Clarke, Echo, and Madi, but Clarke's still been a dick. 

"My brother, my responsibility." The first time Octavia has ever said anything like that, and it doesn't even matter because she didn't sacrifice herself. And no, show, she didn't just redeem herself because she attempted to kill herself. I knew they'd never kill Octavia, though. She's the show's pet, even moreso than Clarke. But now, if she does die, it's not gonna be as honorable as this, so...sucks for her, I guess. 

Yawn at Shaw/Raven. I guess I wasn't here for the romance this episode.

This needed more Murphy with his gun. 

• Love 7

Seriously, they even had a searchlight and no one from the Eligius crew took a shot at Octavia ?? 
Anyone else that stood up was picked off within seconds.  FFS !!

Kane is pretty much done for -- once a cannibal takes a big hunk of your neck it's game over, especially if you have also been shivved multiple times.

Maybe I missed it, but is Maddie supposed to be special ?  Because I don't think it was stated enough times.

Octavia is such a terrible leader.

And Raven seems to be lined up for some more torture -- that always seems to be the case no matter what season we are in.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

Lol Murphy and his big gun that never works.

They need to turn down the music and background noise, and turn up the dialogues. I couldn't hear most of what was being said.

Is it the last season? Cause I can't see what story they could tell after this.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Isazouzi said:

Lol Murphy and his big gun that never works.

They need to turn down the music and background noise, and turn up the dialogues. I couldn't hear most of what was being said.

if the season ends the way it looks like it is ending I think we have a couple of ways to go. Another time leap thanks to the cryo pods and stay on earth or maybe abandon earth and try to find whatever happened to spaceship number 3/new world/planet.  Either works for me.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Isazouzi said:

The series was renewed for a sixth season. I am not worried about the story as what I appreciate most about this series is that each season had a new and different story arc that I did not see coming, while keeping the series arc intact. 

• Love 4

I haven't watched this episode yet, but it follows the previous seasons where it starts out strong then falls apart and I lose interest. I think this show is better to binge. When you can't think about it too long. 

• Love 6

Yup. I binged this season... Missed the last 6 episodes and watched it all the other DAY, way better.

Also: Madi is the MVP this season for me, Clarke, has and always, will be a terrible leader. Someone mentioned Octavia as a poor leader; too vengeful but way more ruthless. I'm still confused if there was any direction to this season... Was it about territory? I dunno.

I wish this show would stop telling its audience what we're supposed to feel about certain characters. I don't feel sorry for Octavia, I'm not mad at Kane, and I didn't pump my fist at Clarke changing her mind after almost killing Bellamy twice, trying to kill Monty, Harper, Indra and Gaia, helping McCreary kill half of Wonkru, helping him catch Raven and Shaw who're about to be tortured, putting a shock collar on a 12-year-old, and torturing her while insisting that it's for her own good. Holy abusive Batman. And then she had the nerve to sit there all smug-like and expect Echo to be grateful for Clarke "saving" her when she put her and her family in that predicament in the first place while Raven and Shaw were preparing themselves for torture in the other room. That's not how it works, writers. 

For all the flack Bellamy caught for his season 3 arc, at least he spent a season and a half trying to redeem himself and was actually alienated by the others for a while. Octavia and Clarke spending 12 out 13 episodes being terrible human beings doesn't make up for them changing their minds in the finale. And I can't believe Octavia's instinctual reaction to the massacre was to blame Bellamy for it. I laughed in disbelief. I'm so glad he's no longer falling for her attempts at gaslighting him, but he needs to just let her die already. I'm tired of these faux redemption arcs. There are good and bad people, and sometimes the latter cause more harm than good and need to go. 

• Love 11

So, Murphy apparently watched Scarface at one point or another.  I continue to be impressed with how the Ark apparently kept up with pop culture up in space.  Maybe next week, Murphy will puts his skills to the test again by screaming "It's a trap!", once things go south (because that is bound to happen at one point or another.)

It's honestly kind of amazing how the show clearly wants me to think both Octavia and Clarke are the strongest and most important characters on this show, but each of them kind of suck in their own special way.  First, Octavia naturally blames Bellamy for the ambush (even though the betrayal was actually due to how bad she and Kane fell out, which is partially on her), and basically keeps preaching "Wonkru for life" (despite the numerous deaths), until she sees that Gaia is mortally wounded, and then she finally pulls her head out of her ass and is "Oh, maybe I kind of sucked as a leader after-all" about it.  But, sure enough, she heroically offers herself up as a distraction so that Bellamy and Indra can get Indra out of there, only to be saved by Madi at the last minute.  So, I'm sure they're just going to brush aside all of the horrible acts she has done, due to the one non-selfish one she did.  After getting hundreds of her people killed.  Classic The 100!

Meanwhile, Clarke has gone full overprotective mom to the point that she not only collared Madi and helped McCreary with the attack, she then sold out Raven and Echo to him, knowing it was likely signing their death warrants.  But after some guilt-tripping and Lexa name-dropping, she finally realizes she's been a selfish asshole, but, again, who knows how many people she helped kill before then (not to mention, whatever torture Raven will be getting... again)?  So, yeah, no one is impressing me here.  Well, except Echo.  Echo is the best now.

Maybe the show will surprise me and Raven will a) not get tortured and b) not be forced to kill Shaw.  That would be nice.

So, Vince went all stalkerish at the end and Abby had to put him down, but not before he stabbed and took a big old bite out of Kane.  Really can't see him coming back from that, but I suspect Kane will somehow survive.

Finale next week.  I'm sure there will be plenty of death and destruction!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Vince went all stalkerish at the end and Abby had to put him down, but not before he stabbed and took a big old bite out of Kane.  Really can't see him coming back from that, but I suspect Kane will somehow survive.

They can always shove him in one of those cyrogenic pods that Prisonkru have up in space. Let his body heal for a while until they figure out how to save him. I can't decide whether they'd kill him off or not. 

It's hard to pick my favourite moment, but I think it's this one: The moment where PrisonKru holds the radio up so Kane can hear "the sound of victory" and he looks all bummed out because he's never heard that sound before.

Runners up:

• When Octavia tells that random kid Jaha would be proud of him and he immediately dies.
  • When Indra's alive under a pile of bodies after once again surviving everybody's foolishness off screen.
  • When Kane is bitten to death after he protested so hard against cannibalism. (In all seriousness, though, he had better survive).
  • When we find out that the ghosts in Madi's head can choose what to show her at will, which means that Ghost!Becca chose to introduce herself by saying, "I WAS MURDERED." That's really efficient, and I get it, but I also sort of like the idea of all the young commanders getting the chip in their heads and then immediately having to hear Becca's story of how she got murdered. Like, congrats on winning your conclave I WAS MURDERED.
  • Love 9

There’s also the ick factor of Clark’s “daughter” carrying the memories of Clarke’s lover, because sure as hell Madi now knows the ins and outs (ick) of the sexual relationship Clarke and Lexa had.

I wonder if people’s contracts are up and that’s why Kane’s at death’s door.  I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else from the first season sheds their mortal coil.  

The Raven/Shaw pair-up is weirding me out.  Super high speed romance never works for me and this one is lightening fast. 

Totally unrelated but the strange hair choice for Raven this season is very distracting.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Murphy apparently watched Scarface at one point or another.  I continue to be impressed with how the Ark apparently kept up with pop culture up in space.  Maybe next week, Murphy will puts his skills to the test again by screaming "It's a trap!", once things go south (because that is bound to happen at one point or another.)

I kind of assumed that the Ark was maybe a few decades past the present when all hell broke lose. There was that episode where "I Don't Like Mondays" constantly played.

Plus, Murphy was stuck in that luxury bunker for weeks while Jaha was getting his cult medallions from Alie. He needed something to watch.

1 hour ago, SourK said:

It's hard to pick my favourite moment, but I think it's this one: The moment where PrisonKru holds the radio up so Kane can hear "the sound of victory" and he looks all bummed out because he's never heard that sound before.

Runners up:

• When Octavia tells that random kid Jaha would be proud of him and he immediately dies.
  • When Indra's alive under a pile of bodies after once again surviving everybody's foolishness off screen.
  • When Kane is bitten to death after he protested so hard against cannibalism. (In all seriousness, though, he had better survive).
  • When we find out that the ghosts in Madi's head can choose what to show her at will, which means that Ghost!Becca chose to introduce herself by saying, "I WAS MURDERED." That's really efficient, and I get it, but I also sort of like the idea of all the young commanders getting the chip in their heads and then immediately having to hear Becca's story of how she got murdered. Like, congrats on winning your conclave I WAS MURDERED.

Seriously. Lesson 1 is WATCH YOUR BACK.

• Love 2

This is a common problem in TV and movie writing, and it really takes me out of the story when the plot puts a character in a certain-death situation but somehow he or she manages to survive, often without serious injury. So Bellamy and Octavia somehow manage not to be killed by what seemed to be a powerful blast (leaping or being thrown to each side of the impact), and then Octavia puts herself out there for the enemy with searchlights to shoot her. This should have been her moment of sacrifice, and much as I dislike her I would have respected the writers for that storytelling choice. Similarly, Kane should have died in this episode, but my guess is that Abby will save him in the next episode.

One thing I don't understand about McReary and the prison crew is how they think they will survive after they kill all of Wonkru and Spacekru, who have valuable skills that the prison crew does not. McReary seems to have some concern about his baby, but what kind of life will this baby have if there are no farmers to grow food, no doctors (though I guess he figures Abby and/or Clarke will be enough), etc. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

I just accept that this show is officially trash at this point.

Case in point, did this scene really need this much boob?

You never NEED that much boob.

39 minutes ago, ketose said:

You never NEED that much boob.

All I can think of during the whole Abby-ex-machina scene was "Dear God, even if the future has no underwires at least button the shirt". No doctor going about their normal business dresses like that. It's ridiculous. 

I'm completely embarrassed about just how many words I expended on philosophical musings about this season and about this show. I'm just going to enjoy how bad it is from now on.

Edited by AudienceofOne
2 minutes ago, domina89 said:

Ok so I'm calling it now... there will be exactly 100 people left on Earth when the show ends... it will come full circle.

In the Garden of Eden with a little bit of the devil inside. 

Kill me now. 

• Love 2
On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 6:24 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, hey, it's Jaha's kid from episode tw- oh, never mind, he's dead now. Bye, kid.

18 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

I can't believe Octavia's instinctual reaction to the massacre was to blame Bellamy for it. I laughed in disbelief.

I'd say the first 20 minutes to a good half hour were some of the best comedy The 100 has ever given us! I lost count of how many times I burst out laughing; brilliant hilarity!

15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Murphy apparently watched Scarface at one point or another.

Arguably best in show, Richard Harmon continues to be gold.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Paloma said:

One thing I don't understand about McReary and the prison crew is how they think they will survive after they kill all of Wonkru and Spacekru, who have valuable skills that the prison crew does not. McReary seems to have some concern about his baby, but what kind of life will this baby have if there are no farmers to grow food, no doctors (though I guess he figures Abby and/or Clarke will be enough), etc. 

... and no mother to feed it? Unless they have formula on their ship? Yeah, didn't think so. What an idiot. Clearly doesn't have the first clue about caring for someone, never mind a baby.

My first thought was also, 'ah, we're going to end up with one hundred people, eh?', which will naturally be a mix of WanKru, PrisonKru, Madi and/or Clarke and SpaceKru.

I still don't understand why Diyoza and Kane thought it was a good idea to double-cross SpaceKru/WanKru. Kane is such a hypocrite. If anything, WanKru (at least the Ark-people left among them) would be far more valuable than PrisonKru in rebuilding a society, considering they actually have skills and experience in doing so.

Speaking of skills, does anyone remember back when all the Grounders were actually good fighters, with great instinct and *hearing* and couldn't really be sneaked up upon, were something to be feared and refused to use weapons? Hm. Guess all the good ones died in the pit. As soon as they were walking through the gourge I thought they were idiots. No one even looked like they were expecting an ambush, despite it being the perfect place for one! Even if SpaceKru had succeeded in attacking those pill boxes, then there still would have been guards there and they'd be picking them off one by one. Ethan dying was so predictable, I thought it the moment he smiled and then Octavia spoke and boom, instant death. Guess there are no more children now?

Clarke really is her mother's daughter. Man, they are both idiots. I thought Clarke would have her "Aha!"-moment when Abby remarked that she was asking the person who sent a hundred kids to the ground, but no, all she took away from that was let's collar my adopted daughter and electrocute her a few times to make her behave. No one should ever take any advice from a junkie, by the way, not even on which groceries to get, never mind how to handle their child. I'm kinda hoping Kane dies, to be honest. Would serve both him (hypocrite/traitor) and Abby right.

Still don't get why Diyoza and Kane didn't follow the plan, get rid of PrisonKru (how many were there, did Abby say - 120 or something?) and especially McReary, then let WanKru and SpaceKru join them on the premise of Octavia stepping down. With any luck, WanKru would take care of her themselves (permanently) after everything she's done.

At this point, I'm not sure I want anyone to survive, if this is what's left of the human race.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Efzee said:

... and no mother to feed it? Unless they have formula on their ship? Yeah, didn't think so. What an idiot. Clearly doesn't have the first clue about caring for someone, never mind a baby.

Yeah, McCreary is a complete moron.

1 hour ago, Efzee said:

I still don't understand why Diyoza and Kane thought it was a good idea to double-cross SpaceKru/WanKru. Kane is such a hypocrite. If anything, WanKru (at least the Ark-people left among them) would be far more valuable than PrisonKru in rebuilding a society, considering they actually have skills and experience in doing so.

I haven't hated Kane since early S1, but I hate him desperately now.  I can't believe he's being so stupid.

1 hour ago, Efzee said:

Clarke really is her mother's daughter. Man, they are both idiots. I thought Clarke would have her "Aha!"-moment when Abby remarked that she was asking the person who sent a hundred kids to the ground, but no, all she took away from that was let's collar my adopted daughter and electrocute her a few times to make her behave. No one should ever take any advice from a junkie, by the way, not even on which groceries to get, never mind how to handle their child. I'm kinda hoping Kane dies, to be honest. Would serve both him (hypocrite/traitor) and Abby right.

Agreed.

• Love 2

Everyone's an idiot because they're all just servicing plot. To make the season work they had to have people run around like morons, change allegiances every 10 seconds, and generally be a bunch of dicks. That's why Murphy is so amazing because he's the only one who's just being Murphy. The only other person I think is consistently written is Octavia and... whatever. I hoped she was going to sacrifice herself for Wonkru but I knew she wasn't. "Anyone could die" doesn't apply to some characters. 

I mean "this is all your fault, Bellamy?" Are you fricking kidding me Blood Rain? 

And then this show wants me to believe that Clarke "I'm always 17 moves ahead" the Mama Bear actually had an entire plan of switching allegiances to McCreary and no contingency for working with the others to secretly take him out and replace him with Diyoza again. I mean, you can still have a plan where she betrays all her old friends to "keep her daughter safe" but at least make it a decent plan. There was no guarantee McCreary would keep anyone alive. He's a violent criminal. This is like last season where Clarke spent all her time trying to get them to open the bunker and then an entire episode trying to stop Bellamy from opening the bunker. Because... it was in the script? Maybe?

And then she changes her mind about it after a full minute of talking to Madi. So, I guess she wasn't really sold on this whole thing anyway???? 

One thing I did like was Echo judging Clarke over the death count and her betrayal of Bellamny and Clarke going, "Are you kidding me now?". 

• Love 5

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask: is anyone else surprised by the rather genteel nature of all these super bad ass criminals (sans Vince)? I mean, I was expecting some sexual harassment at the very least when McCreary took over and all those criminals gathered around Abby. But now there have been numerous attractive (not that that always matters) women held captive, at their mercy, threatened with violence and everything for information or Abby healing those miners. So far, not even one guy side-eyeing one of the women, never mind sexual harassment or attempt/threat of rape - and these men have been on their own for how long? Only McCreary got "lucky" with Diyoza from the sounds of it.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Efzee said:

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask: is anyone else surprised by the rather genteel nature of all these super bad ass criminals (sans Vince)? I mean, I was expecting some sexual harassment at the very least when McCreary took over and all those criminals gathered around Abby. But now there have been numerous attractive (not that that always matters) women held captive, at their mercy, threatened with violence and everything for information or Abby healing those miners. So far, not even one guy side-eyeing one of the women, never mind sexual harassment or attempt/threat of rape - and these men have been on their own for how long? Only McCreary got "lucky" with Diyoza from the sounds of it.

The writers specifically said there's neber going to be any sexual harassment/rape storylines with female characters. Well, Ontari raped Murphy but that gender equality or something, idk.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

The writers specifically said there's neber going to be any sexual harassment/rape storylines with female characters. Well, Ontari raped Murphy but that gender equality or something, idk.

I don't watch or read anything beyond the episodes (except for these episode threads) because I don't want to get spoilered and I think a show should be able to convey its message/plot/whatever without having to resort to clarifying things in interviews, specials or social media so I did not know this. It's odd and incredibly unrealistic. Cannibalism, brutal murder and ripping people's carotids out with your mouth is okay but sexual harassment is going too far?

• Love 2
Just now, Efzee said:

I don't watch or read anything beyond the episodes (except for these episode threads) because I don't want to get spoilered and I think a show should be able to convey its message/plot/whatever without having to resort to clarifying things in interviews, specials or social media so I did not know this. It's odd and incredibly unrealistic. Cannibalism, brutal murder and ripping people's carotids out with your mouth is okay but sexual harassment is going too far?

I hesitate to give the writers props for anything considering their fridging of Lexa and their treatment of Lincoln but... I get it. I'm actually grateful for it. There is a very fine line between portraying the reality of the harassment women are forced to undergo daily and providing titillation by seeing women sexually harassed. Harassment diminishes the victim and people get off on that (that's why they do it, after all). I don't see a way they could do that plotline without diminishing their female characters and having strong, powerful female leaders is the one thing this show actually does right. 

Now Ontari's rape of Murphy came on top of Lexa's fridging and Lincoln's death. It was one in a series of decision that I found really tone deaf. They probably thought it was subversive to have the show's only rape be of a man by a woman. But instead it just came off as saying that men can't be raped. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

I hesitate to give the writers props for anything considering their fridging of Lexa and their treatment of Lincoln but... I get it. I'm actually grateful for it. There is a very fine line between portraying the reality of the harassment women are forced to undergo daily and providing titillation by seeing women sexually harassed. Harassment diminishes the victim and people get off on that (that's why they do it, after all). I don't see a way they could do that plotline without diminishing their female characters and having strong, powerful female leaders is the one thing this show actually does right. 

Now Ontari's rape of Murphy came on top of Lexa's fridging and Lincoln's death. It was one in a series of decision that I found really tone deaf. They probably thought it was subversive to have the show's only rape be of a man by a woman. But instead it just came off as saying that men can't be raped. 

Plus, it was Murphy. You had the sense that he had control of the situation.

41 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

I'm not advocating for them to actually have one of the women be raped, but it's just incredibly unrealistic (especially in the current scenario with all those criminals) for the threat or fear of it to have never come up. Now, I suppose one could argue the same for early seasons with those "uncivilized" grounders, but they actually seemed to treat men and women quite equally and their commander was even a woman - plus back then the characters were supposed to be minors, so it's understandable they avoided it.

But yeah, the Murphy rape goes against that completely. Poorly written and handled.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Efzee said:

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask: is anyone else surprised by the rather genteel nature of all these super bad ass criminals (sans Vince)? I mean, I was expecting some sexual harassment at the very least when McCreary took over and all those criminals gathered around Abby. But now there have been numerous attractive (not that that always matters) women held captive, at their mercy, threatened with violence and everything for information or Abby healing those miners. So far, not even one guy side-eyeing one of the women, never mind sexual harassment or attempt/threat of rape - and these men have been on their own for how long?

56 minutes ago, Efzee said:

I'm not advocating for them to actually have one of the women be raped, but it's just incredibly unrealistic (especially in the current scenario with all those criminals) for the threat or fear of it to have never come up. Now, I suppose one could argue the same for early seasons with those "uncivilized" grounders, but they actually seemed to treat men and women quite equally and their commander was even a woman - plus back then the characters were supposed to be minors, so it's understandable they avoided it.

I was thinking the same thing and was considering bringing it up here but hesitated because I was afraid people would think I was wanting the show to include sexual harassment/assault/rape. Usually I don't like seeing those things in shows, especially because it's often done in an exploitative way, but the situation the writers have created makes it ridiculous that there is not even a suggestion of these things happening. Well, maybe there was a brief suggestion in one of McReary's threats toward Abby, but it's likely that in this situation he and the other prisoners would be groping if not outright raping the "enemy" women. This unrealistic behavior is even more noticeable when contrasted with the almost gentlemanly and protective way that serial killer Vincent (or is it Vinson?) treats Abby. I'm not rooting for a "woman in jep" plot, but if the writers cared to they could figure out a way to address this situation without being exploitative. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Efzee said:

... and no mother to feed it?

LOL, yeah, that was my thought too; I forgot to mention it in my other post. " As soon as she's born, you're dead." Great plan, genius!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

LOL, yeah, that was my thought too; I forgot to mention it in my other post. " As soon as she's born, you're dead." Great plan, genius!

It'll be ok because of the formula factories and wet nurses. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

It'll be ok because of the formula factories and wet nurses.

Oh right, yes of course, How silly of us, what were we thinking, hahaha!

11 hours ago, Paloma said:

I'm not advocating for them to actually have one of the women be raped, but it's just incredibly unrealistic (especially in the current scenario with all those criminals)

11 hours ago, Paloma said:

This unrealistic behavior is even more noticeable when contrasted with the almost gentlemanly and protective way that serial killer Vincent (or is it Vinson?) treats Abby. I'm not rooting for a "woman in jep" plot, but if the writers cared to they could figure out a way to address this situation without being exploitative.

My guess is that, given the current extreme PC climate, they're avoiding it altogether for fear of a backlash, no matter how well they might happen to handle it. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

>>>> It''s be ok because of the formula factories and wet nurses.

Oh right, yes of course, How silly of us, what were we thinking, hahaha!

Maybe that's one of the secrets from the Eligius 3 mission.  :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Daltrey said:

My guess is that, given the current extreme PC climate, they're avoiding it altogether for fear of a backlash, no matter how well they might happen to handle it. 

Well, I don't necessarily agree that there is an extreme PC climate--it's more like a growing awareness and people being willing to speak out, and there is already beginning to be a backlash against #MeToo going too far. Also, the current season of this show may have been written before a lot of the MeToo cases came out. But, in any case, if PC hasn't stopped other current TV shows from having girls and women being victims of sexual assault, why should it stop this show? I'm not saying you are wrong about their fear of backlash, it's just that I don't have the evidence that they are any more worried about this than the writers/producers of other shows. 

Maybe the writers were just too focused on cannibalism and the human race destroying itself over and over to think of the more common risks to women in a war situation.

• Love 1

The only characters (outside of Spacekru) whose actions have made narrative sense this season are Indra, Abby, and Octavia (maybe McCreary and Vinsen too. Shaw is included in Spacekru). Abby's an addict and has always been a little wonky when it comes to morality and Clarke. Indra's Indra (and my all time fav).

And Octavia is a sucky leader (which she knew she would be from the beginning). Even her burning the food made sense to me one they showed the dark year (though, one could argue that the flashbacks would've made more narrative sense during the food burning episode rather than Abby's detox). She didn't want to go back to being dependent on a method of nourishment that had failed them before and inarguably is the reason she lost so much of herself. Who was to say Monty's super algae wouldn't get corrupted and they'd have to resort to cannibalism once again? So her actions made emotional sense to me.

Kane and Clarke on the other hand?...what's to stop McCreary from straight up murdering you after the war is over? Because he said he wouldn't??? This man is willing to kill the mother of his child. Who are you to him?

• Love 4

Ah yes, Indra. Indra remains awesome even after al these years and consistently written as well. I couldn't have cared less if Octavia died in this but if Indra had I think I may have finally been free of this show.

Kane and Clarke on the other hand?...what's to stop McCreary from straight up murdering you after the war is over? Because he said he wouldn't??? This man is willing to kill the mother of his child. Who are you to him?

This is the character who is defined by her ability to see the forest and not the trees. And we're supposed to believe she went "Oh, you're in charge now? Ok. Whatever. I'll help you win the war instead, what do I care? Just pinky swear you won't kill us later, m'kay? I HAVE TO PROTECT MY DAUGHTER IT IS MY MAIN IMPERATIVE."

Wait... do you think this season is better explained if all the humans are dead and the people in the City of Light didn't get destroyed but were downloaded into human avatars but the process went wrong. And now we're seeing androids acting out the last great battle of humanity instead of their real human progenitors but with corrupted programming?

On 8/3/2018 at 6:10 AM, Daltrey said:

The plot line on Reign was not good for the CW.

• Love 1

I usually defend Octavia, but I was really angry at her in this episode. That Gorge just screamed a trap and she just lets all her people cross in one wave with no backup. She could easily send some people up the hill to make sure the towers are abandoned. And then have people cross in small groups, so even if somebody is still there they have always choose if start shooting and reveal their position or stay hidden and let some people cross. And of course, she should never trust Diosa or Belamy. But she was also right, they had numbers on their side and could eventually overcome the defenses with some heavy loses if the tactics was better. 

I sort of understand Clarke´s motivation. She loves Madi more than anything and she knows the commanders have usually a short life. I think they portrayed her growing desperation really well. She was willing to accept the betrayal of wonkru and death of most of her friends. But then she was forced to violate Madi and realized there is no good solution left. She couldn´t keep Madi colared till the end of her life. She had to accept the risk and let Madi do her thing and do everything to protect her. 

It´s true this probably should be the end of Octavia´s story, but I love her and I love the actress so I´m not sorry for the last minute save. And I don´t think her blaming Belami was completely wrong. If he didn´t give her the idea of a painless victory, she might be thinking harder about a working war tactics and they could start the attack weeks ago. They needed the confident cold thinking bloodreigna to win the war, not selfdoubting Octavia. His constant promisses of a magic solution if she is less ruthless really didn´t help to anything.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ketose said:

The plot line on Reign was not good for the CW.

I've never watched Reign, so I'm not sure exactly how to respond. I assume you mean that Reign had an abuse storyline that didn't go well so it cautioned them to shy away from it on The 100? I could see that being a logical decision on the part of the producers and it would support my point, I suppose.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:48 PM, jane1978 said:

It´s true this probably should be the end of Octavia´s story, but I love her and I love the actress so I´m not sorry for the last minute save. And I don´t think her blaming Belami was completely wrong. 

Octavia didn't lose because of Bellamy; she lost because of Kane, but that ultimately is an extension of her own choices and decisions as Blodreina. The entire season has been building up to Octavia's downfall as a consequence of her escalation of events. She's ostracized every single person not named Miller due to her reign as Blodreina. Every time her people had a legit chance at escaping her clutches, they took it. And the worst part is, she started with a huge advantage given the cult-like personality she developed as a key feature of keeping her people in control, but rather than to give something back, she just took and took and took. The only benefit that could be attributed to her rule was a high chance at survival for her subjects, but when they escaped the bunker, they didn't even have that anymore, because Octavia became hell-bent on forcing them into a war they had no chance of winning. 

• Love 4
On 05/08/2018 at 6:48 AM, jane1978 said:

They needed the confident cold thinking bloodreigna to win the war, not selfdoubting Octavia. His constant promisses of a magic solution if she is less ruthless really didn´t help to anything.

You don't have to apologise for liking Octavia. I can understand why you do. But as for the war and her rule of Bloodreigna, IMHO she's a typical tin-pot dictator - only in power because of the closed borders and brainwashing but not actually capable of even real strategy. I defy even her biggest fans to tell me one achievement of hers that was hers. She's never shown any real high-level strategic thinking. In fact, she's pretty well the female Bellamy - needing a Clarke to tell them what to do because they're all instinct and uniformed certainty. Doesn't mean they can't be good leaders because a good leader knows who to go to for advice. But if she stops listening to those who are smarter and more-informed than her, than she loses. And that's why dictators hate open borders.

• Love 2

i love this show, ill keep watching. but omg this ep really had some CHEESE moments! If anyone is interested, theres a great spoiler in the other thread here. Its pretty good :)