Type keyword(s) to search

Roswell, New Mexico Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wait....Max/Maria have actually had scenes together? Man, my memory of last season SUCKS. 

Yeah, in 1x09 (she made him sing karaoke with her, it was pretty cute), in 1x10 where he asked her about one of his murder victims, and briefly in 1x11 when she told him she'd seen her victim start to leave with Noah. They seem fairly fond of each other - not like besties, but people who have lived in the same town all their lives and enjoy each other.

• Love 2

ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO

"The Diner" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

AISHA TYLER DIRECTS THE EPISODE - After uncovering a surprising connection to their past, Michael (Michael Vlamis) and Isobel (Lily Cowles) learn the painful truth about the night Tripp (guest star Jason Behr) attacked their mothers. Meanwhile, Alex (Tyler Blackburn) confronts his father (Trevor St. John) about their troubled family history. Elsewhere, Kyle's (Michael Trevino) first date with Steph (guest star Justina Adorno) takes an awkward turn after Liz (Jeanine Mason) inadvertently becomes a third wheel. Nathan Dean also stars. Aisha Tyler directed the episode written by Steve Stringer & Carina Adly MacKenzie and teleplay by Steve Stringer, Alanna Bennet & Carina Adly MacKenzie (#209). Original airdate 5/11/2020.

SOURCE:

CW

This is the synopsis for episode 9.  So I guess Steph isn't a ghost then.  Just bringing it here since I see all the discussion about it in the recent episode thread!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cristofle said:

Some stills from the next episode have been released.

d9125a729cfa4fca34ad50129e9b5269dadd53e5

God, Jason's eyes are so pretty.

I didn't see at first that Aisha Tyler was directing, but I'm sure she and Carina know each other, especially since Carina seems tight with her girlfriend Emily Bett Rickards. 

Yeah if this show could just not have any dialogue and let Jason be onscreen for 42 minutes, that'd be great.

Aisha is part of their weird group of friends...AKA The Jar, so they definitely know each other well.  Nepotism runs deep with that one.

(edited)

ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO

"American Woman" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

SECRETS OF THE PAST - After uncovering a cryptic message from the past, Alex (Tyler Blackburn), Isobel (Lily Cowles), Max (Nathan Dean), Michael (Michael Vlamis) and Maria (Heather Hemmens) set out in search of answers at the reservation where Alex's mother grew up. Meanwhile, Cameron (guest star Riley Voelkel) encourages Liz (Jeanine Mason) to reach out to someone from her past after Auturo (guest star Carlos Compean) gets detained. Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Rick Montano & Vincent Ingaro & Jason Gavin (#210). Original airdate 5/18/2020.

| TheFutonCritic.com  

First Post.

Happy that Max is finally involved with mystery about the mothers if that is what this message is about. I am happy Alex finally investigate something about involving his mother not with every one's else.

Edited by mms575

I am happy Max finally seems to be involved in what went down with his biological mother. But I am kind of shaking my head that it's still Liz and Cameron interacting. I feel like I should just give up on Carina ever making Liz and Maria a priority. They'll be referenced as having interacted offscreen every other episode, and maybe see each other for 10 seconds every five episodes, and in her mind that will be enough to show they're "best friends."

• Love 1
(edited)

So if Mimi/Maria are part alien, one would think their visions wouldn't cause so much physical trouble.  I guess alien DNA doesn't exactly mesh with human DNA?

Regardless, there could be some comedy gold to be had between Isobel and Maria if they are aunt and niece.

It seems clear to me that the "child" they are worried about is the child Max's mother has.  And so Michael will feel, hopefully, a little foolish for leaping to conclusions.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 3

I'm actually not sure Mimi's age DOES add up- according to Maria in S1, she's about 50. If there is alien DNA in the Deluca line, it's possible it's MIMI'S mother who is the original alien/human hybrid. 

• Love 1

Can someone explain to me why Max and Isobel think they’re even related or have the same mom? I know they were adopted together and raised as twins, but how do they even know they have the same real mother? Why would they assume that? Michael and Isobel could have been the real siblings or even Michael and Max...

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, Cristofle said:

I'm actually not sure Mimi's age DOES add up- according to Maria in S1, she's about 50. If there is alien DNA in the Deluca line, it's possible it's MIMI'S mother who is the original alien/human hybrid. 

It would have to be Mimi's mother or father if it Louise's child is in the Deluca line.  Mimi is definitely not in her 70s.  If Mimi's parent (probably mother since this group of show runners love that shit) was born in 1948/49, the parent would be about 20 when Mimi was born (in 1969 making her 50 last year). So, Mimi would only be a quarter alien and Maria an eighth. 

The small amount of Alien DNA could explain the missing protein which, in turn, could explain why the powers damage them.  That protein may turn out to be a necessary gene for the body to handle the alien abilities. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

It would have to be Mimi's mother or father if it Louisa's child is in the Deluca line.  Mimi is definitely not in her 70s.  If Mimi's parent (probably mother since this group of show runners love that shit) was born in 1948/49, the parent would be about 20 when Mimi was born (in 1969 making her 50 last year). So, Mimi would only be a quarter alien and Maria an eighth. 

The small amount of Alien DNA could explain the missing protein which, in turn, could explain why the powers damage them.  That protein may turn out to be a necessary gene for the body to handle the alien abilities. 

And according to Maria, the instability started with her grandmother who appeared to be the first one experimented on. Maybe that was because someone knew who she was. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Can someone please tell me why Max and Isobel assume that they have the same mother? Yes, they were adopted together and raised as twins, but why would they just assume from that that they are siblings in their own planet also?

• Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Powercharger said:

Can someone please tell me why Max and Isobel assume that they have the same mother? Yes, they were adopted together and raised as twins, but why would they just assume from that that they are siblings in their own planet also?

I assume for the same reason everyone is assuming Louise is their mother... because....

I mean, they probably are since the books had them be twins and share a pod.  But, in this show, we've never been given any solid basis for their belief that they are siblings.

The only thing that points to them being related is that they have a slightly stronger psychic bond than they do with Michael.  That is pretty much all we've been told.  And that could as easily be from growing up together and having been together more physically than they were with Michael. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Is the whole: Max is the leader and Isobel and Michael were supposed to get married canon, or is this something the original show came up with? 

Because I can see Isobel being completely, comically wigged out about it.

That's an OG show plot

• Love 1
13 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Is the whole: Max is the leader and Isobel and Michael were supposed to get married canon, or is this something the original show came up with? 

Because I can see Isobel being completely, comically wigged out about it.

Original show. In the books, all the kids were children of scientists who were coming to explore the earth. They realized Earth wasn't ready for visitors, started to leave, and crashed. There was no destiny or past lives or plan for the kids to be on earth in the books, and Carina can't use that level of plot from the OG show. 

I mean, Max and Isobel have grown up as twins, so I can see how that might...overtake their logic, heh, and how they might have come to assume they must be biological siblings.

• Love 2

Official season 3 synopsis:

"In season three, still reeling from the events of last year, the Roswell aliens and their allies are drawn back together through a threat from a familiar stranger and a murder that has not yet happened. From near and from far, amidst breakups, reunions, scientific advancements and the impending death of someone they hold dear, our heroes must grapple with two central questions: Who enters our lives and defines who we are? And what power do we really have over our own futures? ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO stars Jeanine Mason, Nathan Dean, Michael Vlamis, Lily Cowles, Tyler Blackburn, Heather Hemmens, Michael Trevino, Trevor St. John and Amber Midthunder."

I feel like the only sort of concrete information is the "murder that has not happened yet" thing. Are we going to jump to the future at some point?

Well, and casting wise, Amber Midthunder and Trevor St. John are still around. The core six are never a surprise and on this show Kyle has more or less joined them, but anyone else is up for grabs, I suppose. 

12 hours ago, CabotCove said:

Which Carina and this show would have no problem lifting off, if they want it lol. 

LOL, I don't think they can get THAT close. Carina has said repeatedly they have no rights to the show. She can do generalizations, but that's pretty specific, lol. I mean, I could see her deciding they had been betrothed as children, to tweak it justtttt enough so she's not technically stealing.

• LOL 1

I have a weird feeling that when they finally unmask the guy that Louise was fighting, it’s going to be max. Or Nathan playing Max’s dad or something similar. Or maybe Diego?? Maybe I have no clue and I’m grasping at straws...

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Katesgr811 said:

I have a weird feeling that when they finally unmask the guy that Louise was fighting, it’s going to be max. Or Nathan playing Max’s dad or something similar. Or maybe Diego?? Maybe I have no clue and I’m grasping at straws...

It can't be Max, because it was Max she was protecting. He was the little boy chained to the floor and she cut him free with her cool alien sword. I think it well could be his father, though. 

Promo for next week:

What is Max telling Liz? She already knows about him not being Isobel's brother and I feel like him saying he drank more antidote wouldn't be THAT much of a deal to her. 

I LOLed at Frodd's (Jesse's) saying "I'm concerned about it" in an utterly dead voice re: Michael demanding to know where Alex is. But he is pointing a gun at someone towards the end of the promo; I wonder who. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm feeling a case of deja-vampire diaries:  First Max is fighting a power style addiction (aka human blood), and now potential doppelgängers?

Sigh.

ETA:  Wouldn't it be kind of hilarious if Michael and Max were siblings after all?  The family tree on this show is huge.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 2

So here's the synopsis for 2x11:

Roswell, New Mexico 2x11 “Linger” Synopsis

SECRETS AND LIES - Driven by the prospects of her scientific research, Liz (Jeanine Mason) opens up to Diego (guest star Cleo Anthony) about all the good her findings could do. Meanwhile, Max (Nathan Dean) enlists Kyle’s (Michael Trevino) help getting to the bottom of the recent abductions, while Michael (Michael Vlamis) does his own investigating into Alex’s disappearance. Elsewhere, after learning more about her mother Louise, Isobel (Lily Cowles) pays a visit to Rosa (Amber Midthunder), in hopes that Rosa could help her begin to heal. Franklin Vallette directed the episode written by Ariana Quiñónez & Deirdre Mangan (#211). Original airdate 6/1/2020.

This only further convinces me that Diego is going to be revealed to be a villain- he's getting highly sensitive information about the aliens for a reason. Also, DANG, Liz. Love you, but not the smartest thing you've ever done. 

• Love 3

Why is Isobel going to talk to Rosa about her feelings over her sister and mom? Wouldn't it make more sense to talk with Maria about it, since it's Maria's relatives too? That kind of annoys me. It's a perfect chance for the ladies to discuss their feelings and share knowledge about THEIR family (and give Maria screentime) and they're bringing in Rosa for it instead. 

And I really hope Liz isn't going to look as foolish as that synopsis makes her out to sound. Really not happy about the sounds of that.  :-/

• Love 1

Honestly with Maria bleeding from her eyes in the last episode, I’m annoyed! It’d they put her into a coma all into season 3 I’m done with this show! I swear they find every possible way to not include her in on alien squad business! She’s always out of town or doing something else. I love that she’s a BOSS, but come down on! 

where is Liz/Maria friendship? 

Speculations about season 3

We’re not done with the Tripp storyline, especially with “Mr. Jones” in the flashbacks, nor with the three very young Max, Isabel, and Michael and how they did end up in the pods for 50 years?

Daddy Manes still got explaining to do in flashbacks as well, but the three Manes brother will clearly still be around. Paying attention to Gregory during 2x13 even when he didn’t have any dialogue said a lot. And you have to give Tanner Novlan some love.

Am quite curious what the deal is with Max and “Mr. Jones” That alone will be interesting next season.

And RMN has continued the CW tradition of casting actors who were on Spartacus Christian Antidormi, who’s cast as Alex’s current boyfriend, Forrest.

Not sure if Liz goes to California or not. if she does, it’ll be as a spy.

i suspect Maria will stay around, there’s probably a plot line once Rosa gets out of Rehab.

And I still see Kyle, and Alex (and Gregory) as the backups with Max, Isabel, and Michael. I suspect that Forrest is a plant, even though Jesse is dead, because there’s also Flint.

I’m quite interested in how this is going to go.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

Not sure if Liz goes to California or not.

I would expect that either all or most of Liz's trip to Cali will have occurred before the next seasons's premier. 
But based on the first 2 seasons, I expect Liz's trip will be drawn out past it's audience-interest-sell-by-date.

Time jumps for most scripted shows will allow them to catch up with pandemic and other changes that might be depicted  in the lives of the characters.

Edited by shapeshifter

We are still missing a Manes brother, are we not? Flint is dead, there's Alex and Greg, but there are/were four of them. That's why I raised my brows at "No Manes men left" - isn't he forgetting a son, lol?

I have no idea if Carina will respond to the fair amount of backlash the Liz plot has gotten. Probably not, going by her previous behavior, lol, but I've seen several Twitter folks tell her this was not good representation for Latinas and she should not be portraying Liz doing unethical things as justified. 

I reallyyyyyyyy hope we get more Jason Behr next year. I definitely don't think we've seen the last of Nora, or of Louise because we don't really know why Louise was trying to protect Little Max from Mr. Jones. 

2 hours ago, Cristofle said:

We are still missing a Manes brother, are we not? Flint is dead, there's Alex and Greg, but there are/were four of them. That's why I raised my brows at "No Manes men left" - isn't he forgetting a son, lol?

Maybe he denounced him like he has Alex.

Another thing I forgot that will need to be shown via flashbacks - we don't know how they managed to lock Mr. Jones up. There was very little time to do so, unless Nora got Tripp to do it (AKA pleaseeeeee bring Jason back). 

Carina did say this re: Maria on Twitter:

Y'all can't see my face, but I'm looking very skeptical.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Carina did say this re: Maria on Twitter:

Y'all can't see my face, but I'm looking very skeptical.

Read: Carina is furiously trying to create an arc that justifies her actions in light of hostile response.  

Magic 8 ball says: Outlook not so good.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, AveMaria30 said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/1000150/alien-tv-shows-star-trek-lower-decks-roswell-new-mexico-war-of-worlds/

Roswell, New Mexico

Nathan Dean Parsons pulls double duty in Season 3 as hero alien Max and Mr. Jones, the mysterious stowaway from the 1947 UFO crash. While Jones reveals Max’s origin story, biomedical engineer Liz (Jeanine Mason) starts anew in Cali. “Cutting-edge science, a lab partner with abs as great as his mind and an ocean view are a pretty great place for her to be,” says showrunner Chris Hollier. “[But] is it the right place for her to thrive?” —Mandi Bierly Season Premiere, Monday, July 26, 8/7c, The CW

Do we know who is playing Liz's lab partner?

First episode description is out.

SEASON PREMIERE – While Liz (Jeanine Mason) is settling in to her new life and career in Los Angeles, Max (Nathan Dean), Isobel (Lily Cowles) and Michael (Michael Vlamis) are figuring out if the stranger in the cave, with the familiar face, is friend or foe. The episode was directed by Lance Anderson and written by Carina Adly Mackenzie (301). Original airdate 7/26/2021

X

Meh. IIRC, we have two episodes to go through before Carina was ousted? Also, I am not interested in Liz's story for two reasons. #1, it's frustrating to once more have a significant character isolated from the rest of the story. #2, I'm not sure if/when I might root for Liz's science career again, but I definitely am not there yet after her stunningly unethical behavior and unapologetic attitude last season. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 11:45 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I liked him quite a bit in The Originals. 

Same.  Josh was the only character on the show with whom I never went through "OMG, WTF is wrong with you?" period.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

New in-depth promo/cast talk:

So, takeaways:

-It's been a year.

-Max is dying, per the hints last season

-Maria's mind is being severely damaged by her visions, one which includes someone's funeral

-Alex and Forrest are dating (Alex has been out of town) and Michael is upset about it.

-Rosa is being treated for bipolar disorder but clearly is struggling with the whole "brought back from the dead after a decade" thing.

-Not much about Yosemite Max Daddy Clone, more of the "who are you" clips already seen.

My commentary: They need to move on with the Max's health issues already. We spent half last season with him dead. Give him some magical alien healing potion and call it a day. Also, I cannot express how little I care about Michael's hangdog schtick where Alex is concerned. 

• Love 9

Carina seemed utterly obsessed with "Max must face long-term consequences for saving Rosa" and I'm hoping once her influence is gone completely, so is this dumb plot. Take Weird Clone Guy's heart, I don't care. Just get it done.

That said, I think we're going to be led to believe it is Max's funeral Maria is seeing, only to find out it's someone else. I can see Isabel and Maria at the funeral - I THINK the figure in the front is either Liz or Rosa? 

(edited)

They really kind of ruined Michael for me. Both Maria and Alex deserve better. It's too bad, I liked him in the first show.

Totally agree on sick of Max's health issues. Definitely want a better storyline for him this year.

Also hoping Maria will get some positive focus now. I hated her here and gone appearances. She was always a main character before! Yet not so much in this version  :-/

Edited by Maren
  • Love 4

The cast (Jeanine, Nathan, Lily, Vlamis, Tyler, Heather, and Trevino) along with Chris did a panel for Comic-Con and there were some sneaks throughout.

So, there was a lot, and I'm not going to lie, I didn't pay a ton of attention to the Michael/Alex parts, lol, but a few things that did stick out -

-Scenes with Maria and Alex's brother. The nice one. Yes, please. Also, 40% of an episode takes place "inside Maria's head".

-Jones connects with Max and tells him that he (Jones) is the savior and Max is his clone. 

-Max is a cop again. 

-Jeanine at first said Liz was doing well in California, but later she indicates that the company she's working for is not ethical and is taking advantage of Liz's desire as a Latina woman to help her people. My take - it'd be great if that led to a realization on Liz's part on how NOT ethical she was last season.

-Max is writing good-bye letters to his mother, Isobel, Michael, and Liz towards the end. Random thought - is it ever going to be addressed that he doesn't seem to be especially close to his adoptive father? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Cristofle said:

-Scenes with Maria and Alex's brother. The nice one. Yes, please. Also, 40% of an episode takes place "inside Maria's head".

Oh wait, is this the brother that was a nice looking guy on the Indian reservation?? My mind has blurred a lot of the show but I liked him! 

Dang. I approve!

Thanks for the link!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Some stills from next week's episode (since apparently the CW has given up on promos).

dc3503d5ff37dbe77759f81a6ebeb36ef9258604

3b136280cfee448e2ce37a3e858280cf11c41a22

9f3e7f0ac8e8905aa0680b1541e2586a6bb6e601

WHAT GIVES – Liz (Jeanine Mason) confronts Max (Nathan Dean). Maria (Heather Hemmens) is desperate to figure out the mystery of her vision and Isobel (Lily Cowles) is learning more about her abilities. Meanwhile, Kyle (Michael Trevino) has a strange encounter and Michael (Michael Vlamis) is fueled by his anger. Also starring, Tyler Blackburn and Amber Midthunder, the episode was directed by Aprill Winney and written by Eva McKenna & Onalee Hunter Hughes (303). Original airdate 8/9/2021.

X X

There are a few more stills at the link.

Also, I was thinking based on this episode how Jeanine said an upcoming confrontation between Jones and Liz is "awful". I'm not sure I believe Jones has altruistic intentions towards Max, but if he's protective of him in any way (or if he connected to Max and saw why they broke up, AKA that she's been experimenting using their DNA), maybe he doesn't trust her?