Type keyword(s) to search

Roswell, New Mexico Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Okay, so I watched it again, and does anyone see how completely Max's demeanor changes when Liz comes in? He goes from being borderline feral with Isobel to suddenly being all polite and chill with Liz. He mentioned early on last season that Liz has a calming effect on him when he's feeling particularly agitated; maybe she still does.

But I'm still not sure how Max could remember every detail of what happened with Isobel and somehow have Liz surgically removed from his memory, lol. So part of me thinks he might be lying.

Maybe it´s just a teaser, as in they show that part of the conversation in the trailer to makes us think he forgot her, but then on the episode that exchange is part of a longer conversation where he´s furious at her for bringing him back. When Max saved Liz, he mentioned feeling this uncontrollable rage inside,he told Liz it was only under control when he was with her, so, if it´s true he doesn´t remember her, it´s possible his body remembers how she makes him feel?

3 minutes ago, Bloga said:

Maybe it´s just a teaser, as in they show that part of the conversation in the trailer to makes us think he forgot her, but then on the episode that exchange is part of a longer conversation where he´s furious at her for bringing him back. When Max saved Liz, he mentioned feeling this uncontrollable rage inside,he told Liz it was only under control when he was with her, so, if it´s true he doesn´t remember her, it´s possible his body remembers how she makes him feel?

Almost everything in Max's mindscape was Liz-centric. The Crashdown. Her antenna. His favorite milkshake she makes for him. Their high school lab table. The yearbook. His jeep with Bright Eyes playing, the song they danced to as kids. That's what Max was attempting to hold onto to stay who he was as he died. But it's possible the dark energy is somehow blocking her, or his memories of her, since those are what he holds onto to stay "good Max". Still, he is instantly much calmer the second he sees her, so some part of him could remember how she makes him feel even if something is blocking his conscious memories of her. 

28 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Almost everything in Max's mindscape was Liz-centric. The Crashdown. Her antenna. His favorite milkshake she makes for him. Their high school lab table. The yearbook. His jeep with Bright Eyes playing, the song they danced to as kids. That's what Max was attempting to hold onto to stay who he was as he died. But it's possible the dark energy is somehow blocking her, or his memories of her, since those are what he holds onto to stay "good Max". Still, he is instantly much calmer the second he sees her, so some part of him could remember how she makes him feel even if something is blocking his conscious memories of her. 

Maybe being resigned to die allowed him to somehow hold onto those memories, while being under the assumption his sacrifice would save his loved ones...martyr crap, like Michael says, but maybe that gave him the respite to cocoon himself in those memories and keep the darkness at bay in his last moments. But once he was brought back, he lost those memories, but his connection to Isobel is not of this world, so that´s why he remembers her, and somehow, the effect Liz has on him hasn´t gone away, he just doesn´t know why he feels calm around her.

Or maybe he´s lying to protect Liz because he´s convinced he´ll hurt her.

Edited by Bloga

The next episode description is out; Isobel does not spend the whole time in a fight with Max, apparently.

DAVID ANDERS (“iZOMBIE”) GUEST STARS – Maria’s (Heather Hemmens) investigation into her mother’s disappearance leads her and Alex (Tyler Blackburn) to the home of a mysterious boot maker named Travis (guest star David Anders). Meanwhile, on her journey of self-discovery, Isobel’s (Lily Cowles) night out leads her into the arms of someone unexpected. Finally, after making some major scientific strides, Liz (Jeanine Mason) is dealt a devastating blow. Geoff Shotz directed the episode written by Rick Montano & Vincent Ingrao (#206). Original airdate 4/20/2020.

X

#1, there are pictures at the link, and man, I did NOT recognize David Anders, lol. And this is someone who has watched: Alias, first couple seasons of TVD, and first couple seasons of iZombie. But seriously, bro. What's going on here?

b1ffa588ad8c9ede916cd2258eb3ada97e3d6062

Also, Maria's hair continues to look fab.

Interesting that Isobel ends up "in the arms of someone unexpected". But also, what happens to Max? Does he stay chill after seeing Liz, even if he can't remember her? Or does he get locked up because he's acting like a maniac, lol?

24 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

The next episode description is out; Isobel does not spend the whole time in a fight with Max, apparently.

X

#1, there are pictures at the link, and man, I did NOT recognize David Anders, lol. And this is someone who has watched: Alias, first couple seasons of TVD, and first couple seasons of iZombie. But seriously, bro. What's going on here?

Interesting that Isobel ends up "in the arms of someone unexpected". But also, what happens to Max? Does he stay chill after seeing Liz, even if he can't remember her? Or does he get locked up because he's acting like a maniac, lol?

What if it´s a dream? or something that happens while Max is in a coma? Maybe they can´t get him to wake up and Isobel uses her mindwarping for a three way conference call lol, this time including Liz. It says in the description Liz is dealt a devastating blow...I don´t know anymore lol.

I think the devastating blow is Max saying he doesn't remember her. And whether or not he's telling the truth, I do feel bad for her, because she's tried so hard to bring him back and has expressed such a desire to tell him that she loves him and to have another chance at a relationship with him, and now he's all "I'm sorry ma'am, who are you again?" Ouch.

Still, maybe he calms down enough at the sight of her, whether or not he remembers her, for Isobel to feel comfortable leaving him alone for a period. 

• Love 1
On 4/14/2020 at 1:31 PM, Cristofle said:

X

Amazing that this storyline is supposed to be about MARIA's mom, yet the pictures focus so much more on Alex.

I think Ellieart is right - it's too late for Maria to claw back her narrative importance - it's never gonna happen. I'm so pissed.

• Love 1

Liz's mother shows up in 2x07 and Maria and Michael appear to be on speaking terms again,

Roswell, New Mexico 2x07 “Como La Flor” Episode Synopsis

OLD WOUNDS — Liz (Jeanine Mason) is forced to revisit a painful part of her past when her mother Helena (guest star Bertila Damas) shows up at the diner unexpectedly. Michael (Michael Vlamis) urges Maria (Heather Hemmens) to seek help after she experiences a strange vision, and Kyle’s (Michael Trevino) attempt to get Steph (guest star Justina Adorno) to open up doesn’t go as planned. Finally, Helena’s arrival in Roswell sends Rosa spiraling. Nathan Dean and Lily Cowles also star. Barbara Brown directed the episode written by Danny Tolli & Carolina Rivera (#207). Original airdate 4/27/2020.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Cristofle said:

Liz's mother shows up in 2x07 and Maria and Michael appear to be on speaking terms again,

Oh wow so mom comes into town...how the hell are they going to explain Rosa to her? Does she believe in miracles too? She was mentally ill as well, and was an alcoholic/had a pill adiction, so it's going to be really interesting to see how they deal with Liz and her mommy issues, also Rosa's reaction to the whole situation.

So no mention of Max and this whole "Liz who?" situation. I doubt whatever is going on with Max is going to be resolved in one episode, it will be a source of drama for at least 3 or 4 episodes I believe, but Liz will have to put that in the backburner because of her mom's unexpected visit, Liz can't catch a break this season.

Glad to see something's happening in next week's episode that will push Maria to search for answers.

Edited by Bloga

I think Max is not in in the description because whenever they wrote it, they still wanted to keep his storyline a secret. He's not in the 2x06 description either.

I wonder if Helena will see Rosa. Just because Rosa knows Helena is there doesn't mean the reverse is true. Although I suppose I can't picture Arturo keeping it from her.

13 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

I think Max is not in in the description because whenever they wrote it, they still wanted to keep his storyline a secret. He's not in the 2x06 description either.

I wonder if Helena will see Rosa. Just because Rosa knows Helena is there doesn't mean the reverse is true. Although I suppose I can't picture Arturo keeping it from her.

i think Rosa will see her mom for sure, but it doesn´t make much sense to have her there and not know about her daughter´s resurrection.

I agree they wanted to be vague about Max´s return, but obviously the whole Mad Max sitch is going to expand several episodes, how Liz is going to deal with her deadbeat mom coming back while her back-from-the-dead boyfriend doesn´t remember her , or does he?

1 hour ago, backhometome said:

I just read a disturbing spoiler for 2x06. Yikes. Dont know how to do spoiler boxes. 

It's a spoiler thread so I don't think you have to do the box here. 

And if it is about a threesome in tonight's ep, then I understand your feelings. I don't know what Carina is trying to do but that is NOT it. 

Ok. Then fuck Carina for making their one gay character be in a threesome with a woman!. She really doesnt give a fuck about Alex. How disturbing. He has a threesome with his female bestie and his ex? for what. Michael to still run off with Maria the next morning.  I hate how pathetic it makes Alex look. 

sorry needed to vent. 🙂

Edited by backhometome

That's a bold choice and a really bad one at that.  I also saw the parts of the article where Heather says that Maria initiates it and yeah, no.

I'm not even a Michael/Alex shipper and I think this is bullshit.  Alex is gay, Alex doesn't like women and never liked women.  To think he should participate in a threesome with a woman is not ok.  

Edited by ellieart
  • Love 1

So it seems like this spoiler is that there may be a threesome between Alex, Michael, and Maria tonight?

ff5.gif

As someone who doesn't even really have a horse in this race (I don't ship either pairing and I'm not that wild about Michael right now), I don't even know how to express JUST how many ways this is a terrible idea.

*Alex has never identified as bisexual or attracted to women in any way. He has only ever identified as gay, and he has done so repeatedly.

*Alex and Maria are lifelong close friends and Alex has indicated he considers Mimi to be a kind of surrogate parent given that his father is abusive and his mother checked out.

*There are extremely messy emotional connections here. This is not what...anyone recommends when doing a threesome. This seems more likely to blow each of these relationships up than anything.

*I have talked about Carina painting a target on Maria, the only black woman who is a main character on this show. Well, now she's painted a BAZOOKA target on her back.

There are most assuredly many, many more reasons this is a bad idea, but those spring to mind. I cannot believe Carina's weird and creepy obsession with Michael has taken her to this point, because she's about to ruin him as a character, that he would either encourage or even allow this. When I first heard rumblings about a threesome, I think I assumed it was Isobel with two randoms, and I was fine with that, lol, but this is just...so, so, so bad. SO BAD.

Edit: Oh, FTLOG.

I also  saw the parts of the article where Heather says that Maria initiates it and yeah, no.

Forget a bazooka. It's the target for a nuclear bomb. And of COURSE it would be Maria. Of course she's going to write Maria as the overly sexualized one. Of course she's not going to have Michael or Alex be the one to suggest this absolute trainwreck.

Edited by Cristofle
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

I cannot believe Carina's weird and creepy obsession with Michael has taken her to this point, because she's about to ruin him as a character

Its like she wants him to have his cake and eat it too. Why not give him both. Its so disturbing. As a Alex stan I never want Malex together again. Michael can go jump off a cliff for all I care. I dont get putting a gay character through this....The end result is still the M/F relationship. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Edit: Oh, FTLOG.

Forget a bazooka. It's the target for a nuclear bomb. And of COURSE it would be Maria. Of course she's going to write Maria as the overly sexualized one. Of course she's not going to have Michael or Alex be the one to suggest this absolute trainwreck.

So they never had any plans for people to like Maria.  She's getting her story, but at a huge cost. 

I'm so bothered by what they're doing to these characters.

Edited by ellieart
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ellieart said:

So they never had any plans for people to like Maria.  She's getting her story, but at a huge cost. 

I'm so bothered by what they're doing to these characters.

I think she MUST think Michael is going to come out of this unscathed, because she assumes everyone is as obsessed with him as she is, but I doubt it to be honest. I've seen Michael get a lot more flack this season on various platforms than he did last season, and I cannot see this helping. I continue to want BOTH Maria and Alex far away from him at this point, because proximity to him is not helping their characterizations in any way. I cannot see Maria as she has been written up to this point suggesting this, or agreeing to it, especially because I cannot see Alex genuinely wanting to do it and she has always been shown- even in this season- as extraordinarily empathetic to the point of feeling other peoples' feelings (most recently she seemed to physically react to Isobel's obvious fear in 1x02). I cannot see her wanting to do it, wanting to risk a friendship she has repeatedly said is extremely important to her, and I cannot see: Alex wanting to do it, and Maria missing that Alex doesn't really want to do it. But who cares about those two, amirite. It's all about how everyone MUST want to have sex with Michael.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cristofle said:

I think she MUST think Michael is going to come out of this unscathed, because she assumes everyone is as obsessed with him as she is, but I doubt it to be honest. I've seen Michael get a lot more flack this season on various platforms than he did last season, and I cannot see this helping. I continue to want BOTH Maria and Alex far away from him at this point, because proximity to him is not helping their characterizations in any way. I cannot see Maria as she has been written up to this point suggesting this, or agreeing to it, especially because I cannot see Alex genuinely wanting to do it and she has always been shown- even in this season- as extraordinarily empathetic to the point of feeling other peoples' feelings (most recently she seemed to physically react to Isobel's obvious fear in 1x02). I cannot see her wanting to do it, wanting to risk a friendship she has repeatedly said is extremely important to her, and I cannot see: Alex wanting to do it, and Maria missing that Alex doesn't really want to do it. But who cares about those two, amirite. It's all about how everyone MUST want to have sex with Michael.

This whole Michael is sex on legs is tiresome...leave it to Carina to oversexualize the black woman to the point she turned her childhood gay best friend bisexual...I suspected something stupid like that was coming as per the tweet I attached, she can't help herself, what exactly is she trying to prove? Friendship means nothing, sexual orientation is up for play, I don't know anymore.

20200420_214338.jpg

Off topic from this disaster, but this link has a Max/Liz sneak peek.

Max indeed does not seem to remember Liz, but clearly finds her appealing, as he asks her on a date. You know, Max without all his baggage might be more fun, lol, so Liz should go for it. Also, Max seems perfectly fine temperament-wise, not in danger of blowing anyone up. So who knows.

I'm back to the threesome disaster. NOBODY BUT YOU IS INTERESTED IN THAT CARINA.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Thanks for the receipt, @Bloga.

I really want to know what Carina is trying to accomplish 

The bottom line? Friendship means s$%t, I already know her defense, she'll blab about sexual fluidity and hiw they love each other so much they can't choose or whatever...at the end of the day she's portraying Michael as a selfish dick who gets to have his cake and eat it too, Alex and Maria get to share, isn't that great? (Nope)

2 hours ago, Cristofle said:

Off topic from this disaster, but this link has a Max/Liz sneak peek.

Max indeed does not seem to remember Liz, but clearly finds her appealing, as he asks her on a date. You know, Max without all his baggage might be more fun, lol, so Liz should go for it. Also, Max seems perfectly fine temperament-wise, not in danger of blowing anyone up. So who knows.

I'm back to the threesome disaster. NOBODY BUT YOU IS INTERESTED IN THAT CARINA.

So no big electric discharge that'll blow the world up in pieces? Huh? Okay I guess, he's mad at Isobel though, how is tgat going to pan out? We'll see.

• Love 1

She'll also use the defense that this episode was written by two gay men, so yay points.  But how should that make what happens ok, how should that make the bastardizing of these characters ok?  They should absolutely know better.  There's no excuse for what they're about to do.

Editing this because someone has the scene capped on Tumblr, if you actually want to see it and the dialogue:

https://gra-sonas.tumblr.com/post/615945820060155904/in-case-you-wantneed-to-know-what-to-expect-from

I'm really uncomfortable for Alex in this scene.

Edited by ellieart
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ellieart said:

She'll also use the defense that this episode was written by two gay men, so yay points.  But how should that make what happens ok, how should that make the bastardizing of these characters ok?  They should absolutely know better.  There's no excuse for what they're about to do.

Editing this because someone has the scene capped on Tumblr, if you actually want to see it and the dialogue:

https://gra-sonas.tumblr.com/post/615945820060155904/in-case-you-wantneed-to-know-what-to-expect-from

That was so unsettling...he wants to leave, what is going on? What about consent? So now it´s okay to put people in situations where they feel forced to do something they don´t want to do? What´s going on with Maria? She looks like she´s on something, and her saying it´s okay, what the hell, seriously, what a flipping mess, there´s no coming back from that. If Carina thinks she can get them back together, well good luck with that.

Carina will just say everybody who is turned off by the whole throuple (seriously) sitch is a biphobic hater who doesn´t understand polyamorous relationships, and sexual fluidity, and unicorns and rainbows, you know the drill. When I first read that tweet back in March, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, I thought she was joking, I mean she wouldn´t do that, that´s short of character assassination, boy she went there.

Kind of unrelated to this...where are they finding these screencaps? Do people in the fandom have access to episodes that are yet to air? I know press outlets get some episodes in advance, I´m seriously impressed/kind of disturbed about it.

Edited by Bloga

I'm not sure how the episode leaked, but it did.  I actually just got done watching it.  Maria seemed super OOC the entire episode, it was really weird.  And that scene was just as uncomfortable as I expected, maybe more.  They wrote the morning after conversation making it seem like Alex was ok with it, but that's not at all how I took it.

1 hour ago, ellieart said:

What the.... Alex looks mortified the entire time, for one, and he explicitly says he wants to leave. This seems utterly, UTTERLY unlike Maria. And eff Michael for freaking going along with it. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ellieart said:

I'm not sure how the episode leaked, but it did.  I actually just got done watching it.  Maria seemed super OOC the entire episode, it was really weird.  And that scene was just as uncomfortable as I expected, maybe more.  They wrote the morning after conversation making it seem like Alex was ok with it, but that's not at all how I took it.

Oh man, now I really want to watch it lol

Oh man, now I really want to watch it lol

It looked like it was the screener copy, because the break where a commercial would be was kind of abrupt and there were tiny sections that the quality wasn't great.  I could always message you the link to where I watch all the episodes, because I refuse to give this show the ratings lol

1 minute ago, ellieart said:

It looked like it was the screener copy, because the break where a commercial would be was kind of abrupt and there were tiny sections that the quality wasn't great.  I could always message you the link to where I watch all the episodes, because I refuse to give this show the ratings lol

👍

11 minutes ago, ellieart said:

How bad is the writing from Maria? And why does Alex go along with it?

So ultimately it was done for the shock of it rather than anything related to substance? (aside from Carina's moist panties for Michael), Not even a trainwreck but a car crash. Guess I should brace myself for even more misogynoir / anti-Black racism on social media due to this ep.

2 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

So ultimately it was done for the shock of it rather than anything related to substance? (aside from Carina's moist panties for Michael), Not even a trainwreck but a car crash. Guess I should brace myself for even more misogynoir / anti-Black racism on social media due to this ep.

The Tumblr tags are already a mess, saying Michael and Maria should go to jail. There is NO WAY Carina didn't know what the fans would do to Maria for this. And what's extra weird, and makes it seem even more like she wanted Maria to look bad, is that she has been hyper obsessed with the idea of consent when it comes to Max and Liz, who has basically asked her for permission before every time he ever touched or even gave her his jacket (which is one of their stronger points because consent IS important). And in terms of the scene as it looks from those caps, nothing should have happened and everything should have stopped the moment Alex said "I really want to leave." But DAMN, there is no way Carina didn't know how the fandom would react, and to Maria specifically.

Just now, Chick2Chic said:

How bad is the writing from Maria? And why does Alex go along with it?

The writing made her seem thirsty as hell and insecure.  Same with Alex once he gave in.

The whole plot of Maria and Alex going on this adventure was useless and seemed to only exist to serve the eventual threesome.

2 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

The Tumblr tags are already a mess, saying Michael and Maria should go to jail

I usually check out just the Maria Deluca tag. I haven't done that today but folks are calling Michael & Maria rapists? LAWD.

6 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

The Tumblr tags are already a mess, saying Michael and Maria should go to jail. There is NO WAY Carina didn't know what the fans would do to Maria for this. And what's extra weird, and makes it seem even more like she wanted Maria to look bad, is that she has been hyper obsessed with the idea of consent when it comes to Max and Liz, who has basically asked her for permission before every time he ever touched or even gave her his jacket (which is one of their stronger points because consent IS important). And in terms of the scene as it looks from those caps, nothing should have happened and everything should have stopped the moment Alex said "I really want to leave." But DAMN, there is no way Carina didn't know how the fandom would react, and to Maria specifically.

oof, that´s why I was never much into tumblr, what was she trying to do? she thinks she´s edgy...by having a gay guy do something he´s going to regret, something he didn´t want to do...consent goes out of the window, I know it´s just a show, but if someone I know was put in that position, I would feel terrible for them...it´s so manipulative

• Love 1

All I can say re: Max is...anticlimactic much? Really? Is that it? Sure he doesn´t remember Liz, so ouch for her, but, he´s behaving like a puppy dog, no rage no nothing...that 2 second blow up is the nuclear destruction that was going to wipe everyone off the face of the earth?...there´s to be something else going on...all that buildup for this...sweet harmless amnesiac hunk? (seriously he looks like a snack)

Edit: Ok, upon viewing I have to say, they could have saved that amnesia thing, it was totally unnecessary and it added nothing to the story...I hate it when they drag on a story arc or development, but this was blink-and-you´ll-miss-it amnesia that they could have done without. 

Also, I was wrong to believe Max came back to normal...he´s remembering something obviously traumatic that happened before the crash...that hand we saw during the 1947 crash scenes has made an appearance...the fire throwing alien...is he Max´s father? He looked scared.

Overall, big MEH about the episode...lol at Isobel experimenting...does all experimenting have to be sexual, though? There are other things in life...She looked hot with Kyle, possible foreshadowing?

Edited by Bloga
7 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

It’s so weird because Heather Hemmons is on Instagram gushing about how she can’t wait for everyone to see the episode...

I think they all have drank the Carina kool-aid, or they just think everything is fair game...specially these grey areas they stomp on...or maybe it´s just a show for her and she´s an actor, so it doesn´t really matter, maybe she´s just ignorant when it comes to sexual orientation, or didn´t think that scene would come across as forced.

Yeah...the threesome spoiler...yeah, totally grossed out. I'm absolutely regretting tuning into this season when I promised that I was done with the show, and for a reason. I was done with the show for its icky consent issues last season, and its racism, and the showrunner's obsession with one male character. And now we can also add some more icky LGBTQ issues (because of course the bisexual must have sex with both a man and a woman at the same time, and of course the gay male must be forced to participate in order to satisfy the bisexual male) and now they're making Maria look bad on top of it. And we're back to the show not knowing what CONSENT is, because this....urg, I'm pissed off now. 

Do I even bother watching tonight's episode, let alone the rest of the season? And I genuinely thought this season was better than the last. Ooops, fuck me for believing in the better, because this is blatantly worse than what they did last season, and they had a WHOLE set of issues last season. 

To be clear, this is 100000% on Carina. How can I blame the characters when it's Carina's doing? It's easier to blame characters for their choices when the shows are actually well written.

This show isn't well written and the showrunner is blatantly biased and an idiot. I think she needed a co-showrunner who actually knows what the fuck they're doing...or, y'know, she should have stuck to writing fanfiction and following around Julie Plec.

All this did was get me feeling bad for Alex so...at least I feel SOMETHING strong for his character now.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

To be clear, this is 100000% on Carina. How can I blame the characters when it's Carina's doing? It's easier to blame characters for their choices when the shows are actually well written.

For Maria, definitely. This is so bizarrely OOC and unlike her. I don't REALLY think this is in character for Michael either, but I feel more resentment for him because I think it's Carina's obsession with him that led all three of them down this disastrous path. 

• Love 2
On 4/21/2020 at 1:25 PM, Cristofle said:

Promo for next week:

Liz's mom rocking some badass boots, Rosa seemingly accidentally setting a car on fire outside the diner, and Liz, Max, and Arturo looking startled inside.

I have seen some promo pictures for next week's episode, and I realized Max has been wearing lots of blue since he got back, hmmmm