Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Do they all drown next week?

Bethenny almost drowns in her tears. Almost, though, because thankfully she was wearing a life vest.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 19
26 minutes ago, bosawks said:

One of those insults was not like the others.

I mean, Lu, you are an ex-countess...

The other stuff was pretty sucky, though.

I took this from Dorinda that Lu has failed at pretty much everything.  A throwback to earlier this season where Dorinda insisted losing her husband to death was much worse than losing due to a divorce.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Wait, who's Eve?

Was Bethenny sick?  Her face looks bad. 

Her face was very splotchy and puffy - probably because she was crying on and off for more than 24 hours.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, bagger said:

I’m sorry, I just have to love me some Sonja when she says things like, “that’s when you pat your friend on the arm... that’s ride or die...” I had a glimpse of that Sonja from her first season.

And she's so beautiful.  Completely nuts, but beautiful.

• Love 14

I love Bethenny's ENTIRE outfit with the big gold necklace, and I loved Carole's round sunglasses while shopping - they were amazing.

19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

She looked like the Joker

Why so..... SERIOUS????? ; )

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think that Luann is a goddess, with or without makeup... truly

Mmmm, I would never consider someone who threaten to kill police officer - and who has been sued by her own children for stealing from them - a "goddess".

• Love 13

I'd just like to point out that Beth was very careful about what she ate this episode. She thought there might be fish, she passed. Ramona was not implicated.

• Love 15
(edited)
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Luann's room in Cartegna - where Bethenny left the one she was supposed to bring home to Bryn.

I’m no expert on Colombian blinking balloons, but just how long did Bethenny think that thing was going to last that she would take it home to Bryn?  I hope that thing had an off switch or else Lu would have been within her rights to destroy it after the night she had.

Dorinda isn’t just an ugly drunk, she goes for the lowest thing she can find about someone in the drunken well of her memory.  Not a good look.

We need a replay with subtitles of each argument. I couldn’t figure out what the heck was happening.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 21
41 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Bethenny soooo wants Carole to be the Jill here. Jill groveled for Bethenny's friendship, and Carole isn't that person. It's distressing Bethenny that she can't pull and manipulate Carole that way.

EXACTLY!  

And Beth being the best orderer?  Seriously?  That's to her a great compliment?  How fucking hard is it to order great food from a menu?

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

You may be right that Bethenny is skipping texts, but Carol also seems to skip those details that don't fit with her narrative. Carole does seem to have other friends, but we've also seen her be a mean girl too (with Jules)  and I feel she's being a mean girl now.  If she doesn't want to remain friends with Bethenny then she should be more honest about that.

We've all been throwing around the "mean girls" phrase, but tonight, we saw how true it is.

Carole wasn't a mean girl until she starting hanging out with Bethenny.  Bethenny can be and often is a mean girl.  So, Carole learned from a master.  Much like Cady learned from Regina George (in the original movie with Lindsay Lohan), the lessons were well taught.  Too bad that the lessons were then used against the teacher.... 

Now, having said all of that, this episode made me very sad.  Whether I liked or disliked Bethenny and/or Carole, I did think they had a nice friendship until this year.  It is always said to see a friendship break up~~and we seemed to witness two friendships breaking up tonight at either end of RHNY's version of the "Dinner Party from Hell".  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Wait, who's Eve?

Was Bethenny sick?  Her face looks bad. 

“Eve” could be a reference to All About Eve- a classic movie about a woman who pretends to be someone she’s not, but gets “found out” by someone who knows her and can see through her act.  I’m not sure that I’m correct, because I didn’t post it, but it makes sense in context. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I loved the OG group scene!

I did, too. They should ditch Vapid Tinsley and Slurinda next season and just focus on the OG 4. (Sonja's not a real OG but close enough.)

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I did, too. They should ditch Vapid Tinsley and Slurinda next season and just focus on the OG 4. (Sonja's not a real OG but close enough.)

Bethenny enjoyed that moment, when minutes before she was crying about not belonging. Lol 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Carole wasn't a mean girl until she starting hanging out with Bethenny.  Bethenny can be and often is a mean girl.  So, Carole learned from a master.  Much like Cady learned from Regina George (in the original movie with Lindsay Lohan), the lessons were well taught.  Too bad that the lessons were then used against the teacher.

Sorry but everyone and their brother said Carol Kennedy was the ultimate mean girl.  So I think Carole R has been in training for a long time.  She’s just hone some rough edges with Bethenny.

• Love 9
(edited)
28 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

What was with Bethenny's line about the street beverage? "They give you diarrhea? I pray for diarrhea every day"? It reminded me of the line in The Devil Wears Prada where the woman says she's only 1 stomach virus away from her goal weight. 

Beth seems to think anything that sounds outrageous, disgusting, or vulgar is irreverent humor.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Watching Bethany care for Dorinda reminds me she's a child of an alcoholic.

I thought the same thing.

Dorinda is a DISAAAAAASTER. Watching her sit there with Carole slurring her words with lipstick all over her joker face was traumatizing. And, yeah, generally if you get that on edge around people who aren't drinking...be concerned. 

Speaking of concerned, I am extremely concerned that both Sonja and Ramona were the most reasonable people in this episode and made the most sense multiple times. What weird bizarro world is this? Sonja should write a book about friendship. And, yeah, if you decide to befriend a crazy neurotic person don't be surprised when they act like a crazy neurotic person. Bethenny talking about Carole being so "cool" everything is "cool" sounded exactly like me talking aloud when I finally unfollowed Carole on Instagram months ago.

I loved Bethenny's blue dress from the back and absolutely hated it from the front.

Tinsley seems like a sweet person, but she is so helpless. Her mother did her a great disservice. 

• Love 23
13 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

SonJa seems more on point this season.

She recognized that Carole brought her a present to pump her for intel about Beth and she didn't gossip or tell Carole anything that was damaging or to be used as ammo against Beth.

Maybe so, but she sure as hell couldn't wait to spill to Bethenny about her conversation with Ramona and the other ladies.  These shows would be completely boring without these women stirring the pot so much!  

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, fountain said:

I guess because I don’t drink much I don’t get why these ladies have to get so sloshed. I don’t see why if you have friend in recovery you cannot just abstain.  I would call a drunk like Dorinda out when she behaves really badly like she did at Bethany’s charity thing.  IDK at this stage I find it gross to be watching Dorinda and hope she isn’t back next year.

^^^ THIS.

Across all franchises, has Jill Zarin been the only housewife who orders just a diet soda?  

Whether it's an early brunch, lunch, happy hour, dinner, whatever time of day it is, it seems to be Drunk O'Clock in the Real Housewives time zone.

I know Bravo provides them with an endless supply of booze, but seriously, it's not "all uncool" to drink something nonalcoholic on occasion.  These housewives' livers would probably thank them for occasionally skipping the pickling potion.

And I say this as someone who has nothing against drinking and imbibe occasionally myself.  I just grew out of the drunken hot mess stage when I was about 18 and realized it wasn't a good look on most of the human population.  Ugh.

I can't watch this trainwreck until it hits Amazon Prime at midnight PST.  Sounds like I need to be on my toes to keep up with tonight's shenanigans.  

• Love 12

How many times this season have we seen Carole smoking but making sure we know it is a rare occurrence ? She only smokes in costume or in Columbia I guess?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

I'm surprised that Bethenny doesn't pass out from lack of oxygen what with the non stop talking without taking a breath. Jesus Christ, stop already.

She's like the Duracell Bunny. Someone needs to remove her batteries.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So Dorinda has lipstick all over her face, slurring her words, still drinking and lites up a cigarette.  Maybe she’ll set herself on fire now too.

Well, don't forget she *did* face plant into the birthday cake whilst the candles were ablaze, so there's hope yet!!!

• Love 16

I'm no fan of Bethany's but this episode I was more irritated by Carole.

Watching her approach both Bethenny and Sonja to figure out what happened to her relationship with Bethenny only to deny everything they thought or felt about it was working my last nerve. 

Clearly Carole has an opinion on what went down.  So why doesn't she approach it directly?

• Love 22
(edited)

These ladies bring it.  

During the 2 ring circus Luanne kept checking to see of the camera was “getting this”.

Bethanney is a coward.  First trying to run away (but only via private plane, apparently a commercial flight out wasn’t an option for the Millionaires) then repeatedly trying to get out of it at the dinner (I don’t want to do this here, people are listening) dislike Carole immensely but applaud her for keeping B on the hot seat.  

At least B & C didn’t play dirty.  The whole season there has been the feeling that there is more to this story but, so far,  no one has spilled.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 18
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I thought the same thing.

Dorinda is a DISAAAAAASTER. Watching her sit there with Carole slurring her words with lipstick all over her joker face was traumatizing. And, yeah, generally if you get that on edge around people who aren't drinking...be concerned. 

Speaking of concerned, I am extremely concerned that both Sonja and Ramona were the most reasonable people in this episode and made the most sense multiple times. What weird bizarro world is this? Sonja should write a book about friendship. And, yeah, if you decide to befriend a crazy neurotic person don't be surprised when they act like a crazy neurotic person. Bethenny talking about Carole being so "cool" everything is "cool" sounded exactly like me talking aloud when I finally unfollowed Carole on Instagram months ago.

I loved Bethenny's blue dress from the back and absolutely hated it from the front.

Tinsley seems like a sweet person, but she is so helpless. Her mother did her a great disservice. 

For real. Ramona sincerely looked like she was shocked and disgusted by Dorinda's rant. And a bit frightened that it would come back at her.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 23

I think Bethenny and Carole are both at Bitch Eating Crackers regarding each other, but can't really acknowledge it.  They're both inadvertently feeding a tense atmosphere, but I think Carole especially seems pretty much done.  It's just really weird that she won't say it to Bethenny's face.  She says it in her THs, she says it to the other women, she speaks it in every action, so now it's just time to cut the cord completely.  When Beth told Carole that she seemed over her, Carole should have come clean right then.  If she'd done that, they both could have witnessed the other meltdown!

I hope the reunion goes hard on Dorinda.  After cutting down Luann, she turned on Ramona this ep, too.  It's just that for once in her life, Ramona chose not to engage.  I think Carole is now the only one she hasn't hit with a drunken tirade (unless you count her original blowup at Heather).  Hopefully Carole remembers what happened with Heather.  Between the drunk attacks and the admitted shit-stirring of Tinsley against Sonja earlier, she needs to be confronted.  

Ramona had a good episode, even though she is still far too enamored of the idea of a Carole vs B fight.  Sonja also was reasonable and kind and diplomatic.  

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Sorry but everyone and their brother said Carol Kennedy was the ultimate mean girl.  So I think Carole R has been in training for a long time.  She’s just hone some rough edges with Bethenny.

Do you mean Caroline Kennedy or Carolyn Bessette Kennedy? I certainly heard that about the latter, who was of course Carole's BFF. Watching tonight I was thinking (before I found out that Carole was leaving the show) that something needs to happen for Carole and Beth to move on, so I guess this is it. Personally I think Carole saw the writing on the wall, and knew that if Bravo was to chose between her and Beth, Beth would win every time. I don't for a minute think that she is going to be producing and writing. As someone pointed out, she can barely write a puff piece for Cosmo these days. Lets face it, she has no storyline and is dispensible. Bye bye, Carole. 

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

At least B & C didn’t play dirty.  The whole season there has been the feeling that there is more to this story but, so far,  no one as spilled.

There was something about the moment when Carole kissed her and said I do love you. 

4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

But seriously though, what was the crash and the scream?

I assumed Dorinda flailed her arm and the glass went flying in Luann’s direction. 

• Love 11