Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E31: The Wedding (Part 1)/S08.E32: The Wedding (Part 2)

• Start Topic

I mean, she did, and he was thrilled, but: yeah.

AWWWW BRENDA STILL MISS THAT BITCH 4 SEASONS LATER. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER EPISODE WHERE SHE COULD HAVE MADE A SURPRISE GUEST APPEARANCE IF SHANDOH HADNT BURNT SO MANY BRIDGES - ESPECIALLY WHERE AARON SPELLING WAS CONCERNED..

• Love 1

Haven’t listened yet but “
Miiiight want to up your SPF there, Steverino” - isn’t there a whole episode dedicated to Steve thinking he’s got skincancer coupled with beach models storyline (one of those where Steve learns A LESSON)

• Love 1

Maybe save the cube-poo rage face for someone who didn't just save your lady's life.

Maybe he was upset because Donna's life was saved.

HAHAHAHA EXACTLY! NOAH WAS MAD CUZ THAT DUDE RUINED HIS PLAN FOR THAT TRUCK TO RUN HER AND HER CLEAVERN DOWN

53 minutes ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

I mean, she did, and he was thrilled, but: yeah.

Yeah I was thinking he'd be pissed about paying the catering bill with all that seafood.  

I haven't seen this episode in years, so I don't remember Jacob the caterer, but in the visual aids he looks like a less attractive Cameron Bancroft/Joe.

• Love 2

I would have been irate to have been invited to a wedding that was called off at the last second.  Though I sure wouldn't go to a wedding for Brandon and Kelly Jerkoff.

It was hilarious how Brenda still can't make the wedding for her brother and the way it's treated.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, benteen said:

I would have been irate to have been invited to a wedding that was called off at the last second. 

I know! I hate this trope SO much. Wasting my time, clothing/grooming budget, and gas for nothing.

• Love 2

I hated this season and Brandon's character. He was at his worst here, and I pretty much hated all the characters except Steve. Steve and David seemed to be the only ones actually acting like recent college grads, while everyone else were acting like they were in their thirties. Noah was a poor man's Dylan, and he was the blandest in this show. I remember during this time, I was eagerly waiting for Dylan's return and Gina's entry, until it turned out that I waited for nothing. Jim Walsh pretty much looked the same since 1990.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Brenda and Dylan being all, "nah, we're good" at Brandon and Kelly is the best part of the episode, tbh.

Although I'm pretty sure that gets retconned too, isn't there some nonsense about Dylan having seen Kelly in her wedding dress down the line?  Also, Brenda and Dylan have time to jet off on vacation when they're the wards of a former teenage prostitute?  Were they planning on bringing Erica along?

Speaking of missing guests, no mention of Andrea attending/not attending?  And what of Kelly's half-sister Joy?

I really thought David would be in the mix for Season LVP given how horrible he was in the beginning of the season, how barely tolerable he was in the middle, and then how he ramped up the horribleness again in the home stretch.

• Love 7

When Dylan comes back in S9 around Thanksgiving time, he tells Kelly that he left Brenda 2 years ago.  That's not relevant to anything so it doesn't even make sense to have that line.  Shut up, show.

• Love 1

"But ya are, Blanche -- YA ARE!"

I just laughed SO hard at this in my office. She should be especially happy the wedding was called off so she doesn't have to look back at pictures of herself with that hair and make-up forever. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Although I'm pretty sure that gets retconned too, isn't there some nonsense about Dylan having seen Kelly in her wedding dress down the line? 

16 hours ago, meggonzo said:

When Dylan comes back in S9 around Thanksgiving time, he tells Kelly that he left Brenda 2 years ago.  That's not relevant to anything so it doesn't even make sense to have that line.  Shut up, show.

I hate this retcon so much because I am an unapologetic Brenda/Dylan fangirl.  I loved that they were off together living their best lives, not even bothered enough to come back to see Brandon and Kelly get married.  They only brought Dylan back to fill Brandon's tiny hole when he left.  Of course, he has to be Kelly's soulmate and have some "reasonable" explanation for pining for her so screw Brenda again.  Then that atrocious reboot had them both still pining for him after he abandoned Kelly with a kid.  GAH

• Love 5

Yeah, the Dylan/Brenda retcons haven't done anyone a favor.  He was with Brenda during this time and the only reason he wasn't was because he was back in the show and pretending Kelly was his soulmate.

I think what was funnier in the reboot is the idea that Dylan was living on a ranch in Wyoming.  Because Dylan was a rancher...

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

Then that atrocious reboot had them both still pining for him after he abandoned Kelly with a kid.  GAH

That whole thing was so stupid*, given the entire character brief on Dylan was that he was emotionally scarred and stunted by being abandoned by his own parents.  And they made it a weird WTD thing, that we were supposed to super care whether Brandon or Dylan was the father of that kid when neither guy was on canvas.

* But even that was better than all things Annie/Shenae Grimes, man was she annoying.  I only tolerated her in season two when she was slut spiraling after running over that hobo or whatever.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That whole thing was so stupid*, given the entire character brief on Dylan was that he was emotionally scarred and stunted by being abandoned by his own parents.  

Yeah, but plenty of people-especially the Dylans of the world repeat all those patterns. Dude was a drunk and then an addict self-medicating his traumas, and he could afford to run off and travel the world instead of getting real therapy  (not that past lives woowoo bs).

I've been thinking about this. As a guest, is it better to have the couple just go through the marriage ceremony and get an annulment or divorce or should they just cancel it seconds before? Part of me does think of the waste for the caterer/flowers, etc (esp since Nat didn't comp it). And of course all the guests who came with just two weeks' notice.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, meggonzo said:

I haven't seen this episode in years, so I don't remember Jacob the caterer, but in the visual aids he looks like a less attractive Cameron Bancroft/Joe.

Totally agree. I also was convinced for the first 10 mins that he was the Bloody Roux guy (he's not).

I second the congrats (condolences?) for our poor hosts. I really didn't quite believe this season would end until it FINALLY did. So. Long. So. Boring. It feels like it should be the answer to a cryptic riddle. Q: When does 44mins x 32 = 800,000,000? A: Season 8 of 90210.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

I pretend the reboot never happened, tbh. 

Interestingly, on the reboot, (Erin) Silver had a similar trajectory to Kelly - that she was kinda cool in the beginning, but grew insufferable by the end.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Carmen MacCodykins said:

Bloody Roux

Hee! And eeeewwww. (I always assumed it was spelt 'Roo' because of the band being Australian and 'roo' being short for 'kangaroo'.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tara Ariano said:

One assumes "Roux" here is a joke.

Indeed one does. Hence my 'Hee!'

What a terrible name for a band. It's not funny, it's not cute, and it's certainly not something an Australian would name his or her band. (I'm Australian.)

One thing is that Val keeps working at the PPAD - but she goes with Noah to a club? He raped her, ffs! On a more shallow note: I feel like I spent the 90’s in a spaghetti strap top and a cardigan tied around my waist. I even think stupid magazines wrote about that as a “tip to emphasize your waist” or whatever.

and who would want to go to the reception if the wedding was called off? Free food and drinks - great - but wouldn’t you feel very uncomfortable? We’re supposed to believe that the great Brandon and Kelly totally agree on this decision and thus everybody sees that this is for the best and how wonderful they did this and let’s celebrate that, but I’d have so much secondhand embarrasement that I’d want to leave and get drunk somewhere else. 

(Is the word “emphasize” correct? English is not my langauge and I’m halfway drunk on rose, so can’t be bothered to look up words right now). 

• Love 3
On 7/23/2018 at 5:43 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Although I'm pretty sure that gets retconned too, isn't there some nonsense about Dylan having seen Kelly in her wedding dress down the line?

yes- I think she is getting engaged to Matt at the time.  God those last 2 seasons are horrendous- Bless Sarah and Tara :)

• Love 1

I would have stayed at the reception to soak up all of the train wreck and free booze, and then I would laugh in Kelly's face. And possibly start a fight with her in the parking lot. You know, Team Brenda forever.

• Love 7

This season felt so long, I was actually confused by who Sarah was and had to go back and re-listen cuz I thought Steve was still with Jill at the end. It's like this season caused brain damage.

When Carly was mentioned as a season MVP for leaving the show, I had entirely forgotten she was even in this season. 

And yeah, if I were Jim and Cindy, I'd be pissed that I had to book a short notice plane ticket from Hong Kong to LA, only to have the ceremony be cancelled.  I also think this was a wrap on Jim and Cindy, and we never see them again after this appearance. 

• Love 3

I listened to the podcast and when they got to the Valerie toast, I almost lost it when Tara and Sarah were talking about Valerie's honesty.

@Tara Ariano: "No, you don't. That's not a thing."

@Sarah D. Bunting"This was why we went to war."

I thought the episode's MVP was Mel Silver just based off his facial expression when Kelly and Brandon called off the wedding.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3

Brandon's best match on the show was Susan and Kelly's best match was "me" when she chose herself . She was pretty terrible with anyone else . 

I never understood why she never called that doctor back after she found out Tara was psychotic and tried to ruin her life in every way . She didn't put 2 and 2 together that Tara said something to make him run for the hills ? 

• Love 6

So Steve is now a stalker, and the thing he likes best about Sarah is that she is really into him? That's remarkably self-centered, even in a show chock full of ego-centric assholes.

I don't understand Val and David's scenes at all. She's thanking him for being nice AS he's actually being terrible, then she says she wants to live her life right, the way he does?!?!?! Has she not been paying attention to how he lives his life? Role model he is not.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Brandon's best match on the show was Susan and Kelly's best match was "me" when she chose herself . She was pretty terrible with anyone else . 

I never understood why she never called that doctor back after she found out Tara was psychotic and tried to ruin her life in every way . She didn't put 2 and 2 together that Tara said something to make him run for the hills ? 

I'm bored at work, so I'll take a stab at this.  The characters "best match" based on folks they actually dated.

Brandon: Susan

Brenda: Rique

Kelly: John Sears before he tried to hook up with Rayanne Graph

Donna: Joe (damn bird)

Ohndrea: floppy haired TA before he turned racist/unromantic

Steve: Celeste

David: Val (first time, before Ginger/Indecent Proposal)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CurlyATX said:

I'm bored at work, so I'll take a stab at this.  The characters "best match" based on folks they actually dated.

Brandon: Susan

Brenda: Rique

Kelly: John Sears before he tried to hook up with Rayanne Graph

Donna: Joe (damn bird)

Ohndrea: floppy haired TA before he turned racist/unromantic

Steve: Celeste

David: Val (first time, before Ginger/Indecent Proposal)

I agree with this ! 

I think Susan was the only other person besides Kelly that he loved , and if it were real life and not a show where the main characters have to get back together , I think Susan would be the one he missed and not annoying self centered Kelly . 

I did like Brenda and Dylan together but after reeeeek came in the picture , I was like Dylan who ? 

I actually do think Kelly and Dylan deserved each other because Dylan gave even less of a **** about Brendas feelings than Kelly did .. although I did really like him with Toni before... you know .. 

steve treated Celeste like shit but she was his least annoying girlfriend and I wouldn't have minded her sticking around . 

David and Val 1.0 were the best ... 2.0 was a buzzkill . 

Joe was definitely donnas best match but he didn't stand a chance . He was a snooze fest and didn't treat her like crap . 

Snd ooooondrea = who cares 

• Love 2
On 7/26/2018 at 3:39 PM, bethster2000 said:

I would have stayed at the reception to soak up all of the train wreck and free booze, and then I would laugh in Kelly's face. And possibly start a fight with her in the parking lot. You know, Team Brenda forever.

Yep, I'd be doing the exact same thing. Stirring that pot, making my own fun, sticking it to Brandon and Kelly. 

God this season was a chore. 

Edited by GrahamV
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2018 at 12:08 PM, CurlyATX said:

I've been thinking about this. As a guest, is it better to have the couple just go through the marriage ceremony and get an annulment or divorce or should they just cancel it seconds before? Part of me does think of the waste for the caterer/flowers, etc (esp since Nat didn't comp it). And of course all the guests who came with just two weeks' notice.

Brandon & Kelly should have got married to spare other people from Brandon's braying & Kelly's sanctimonious behavior.

• Love 1

What annoyed me was kelly saying her and Brandon didn’t have a “ moment “ and it made her realize they weren’t right together because her grandfather gave her grandmother a bracelet that had a quote on it and that was their moment . Wtf . Number 1, How is that a moment ? Number 2, wouldn’t a summary of your whole relationship be a better reason to get married rather than having one random moment or quote that defines your relationship  ? 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 1