Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Crossroads

• Start Topic

After a harrowing experience, Desna is offered a deal with Russian devil Zlata; Polly and Quiet Ann suffer betrayal by their boyfriends; Jenn's affair comes back to haunt her.

Quiet Ann has a BOYfriend?

• Love 3
On 7/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, J-Man said:

Quiet Ann has a BOYfriend?

20 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Yes, when that policeman went undercover, he really went undercover.

Heh, I just quote the blurbs, I don't write them - but I suspect that someone who doesn't watch the show did this one, and should have gone with 'significant others' instead!

• Love 3
(edited)

I know we are supposed to be rooting for Desna and her crew, but I was totally with Arlene tonight. They are criminals who casually disregard the law and expect others to go along with them. Ann nearly destroyed Arlene's career that she worked so hard for and she expects Arlene to feel guilty or have regrets for lying to her in return. Grow up, Ann!

So Desna's plan to set Zlata and Ruval against each other has worked. From what his mother said, he really was into Zlata, not Des. At least, Desna played it cool and made Zlata think that she is going along with her plans. Killing Des is clearly still on Zlata's agenda.

The situation with Jenn and Hank went from terrifying to hilarious fast. They are lucky the cops showed up to save both of them.

I just want to mow down all the Dixie Mafia with a machine gun.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
(edited)

Can't believe that season 2 is almost over. Damn, that was fast! It looks like Madam Matilde really is Ruval's mother, unless something specific is revealed over the next 2 episodes. Still haven't forgotten how he was feeding her, by the way. Polly's twin Lillian arrives next week with some sort of an accusation against her. Let's see what that's all about.  I wonder if we'll meet Ann's daughter before this season ends? Hank is gonna die I think in the season finale.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

Dean spent the entire first season, badgering Desna to get a better house, now that she finally has one, Dean is complaining about what she had to do to get it. Now that Dean has a little money, he is going to get his own place, but he doesn't realize that his money isn't as clean or stable as he thinks it is.

Desna is still allowing other people to make the plans of what to do, but at least she is starting to negotiate some of the terms. Hopefully she will reach a point where she is thinking for herself.

• Love 6

Wow at Mandy. While the scene was written to be humorous and I found some humor in the delivery of her comments, I also though it was rather sad to see how far she'd fallen from when we last saw her. Her life wasn't perfect by a long shot but she wasn't a drugged out mess. A not so subtle reminder from the show about how quickly life/circumstances can turn on you. 

Hank went from affable to psycho stalker really quickly. 

I had wondered how long it would take Polly to figure out it was Dr. Ken who was the snitch. I know she had other things on her plate and I thought even his obvious behavior would be overlooked in the chaos. The show didn't drag it out at all. 

I was glad to see Desna finally get it together by the end. I know she's been having  a lot of things happen to her at once but I wasn't a fan of seeing her so out of sorts. Her going to Zlata at the  end to finagle her own terms was a positive step for me. I want to see her fighting back, not stammering and in tears. 

So Ruval has been hot for Zlata for a long time but Zlata doesn't seem all that caught up in him. Interesting. Desna really got played by Ruval but I think only part of it was his acting. The other was Desna desperately wanting to believe what he was offering her. I guess the sex was really good too and that can be very blinding in a new relationship. 

The preview for next week looks like it'll be a fun ep. No one can throw a wedding or funeral quite like Claws

• Love 7

Heh, Zlata puts a bullet in someone who's already dead. She is Siberian cold-blooded.

OMG, that Ted Talk nightmare was hilarious. This show does so well with the random cultural references.

That cop at the jail sure was getting himself an eyeful of Desna's cleavage. Wonder if that was scripted?

Hank cray. Jenn's stuff must be that good.

Uncle Daddy's twink boyfriend is hysterical. And he and Virginia have the tightest little bodies. It's disgusting. ?

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm glad that we got that episode with Quiet Ann because after last night, without that episode, I would start to wonder if she was mentally diminished. How do you have the nerve to get upset over their betrayal when yours cost them their damn career (or so you thought)? If she really loved Arlene, she wouldn't have done that to begin with.  So whether Arlene every really wanted her from the beginning is kind of a moot point. Once Anne did that, all bets are off. Actions have consequences.

The whole Reval-Desna-Zlata crap is still problematic for me. The whole black man tripping over a black woman to get to a white woman who wasn't even really that into him to begin with crap really,really bothers me. It actually makes me cringe and it can't be over with soon enough.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 9

My God this episode was full of stuff.

I really felt bad for Dean in this episode. He really has been kept in the dark for a lot of the show, and everyone has a breaking point eventually. He and Virginia are really sweet together, and I say this as someone who was leery of Virginia the first season.

Yikes at that whole thing with Jenn/Bryce/The Rabbi.

I'm wondering why Desna won't work with the Feds to take down Zlata, Uncle Daddy and Ruval. It seems like it would be much easier (and possibly less deadly) to work with the Feds than just own up to your criminal status.

I also wonder how Madam views Desna (outside of when she's face to face with Desna and the girls). She clearly hates Zlata, and was willing to buy Desna a wedding gown. Maybe she really does care about Desna? I think it was a bit strange she didn't mention her at all in last night's episode.

As for the stuff with Ann and Arlene... I just don't know what to make of it. I get both sides, really (although Ann was way, way wrong for doing what she did to Arlene). It's just a mess.

• Love 2

Desna should do three things:  1) stop playing the victim; 2) face the fact that she is a criminal; and 3) become an informant and work with law enforcement to bring down the Russians, Dixie Mafia, and the Haitians.   Then go into witness protection.  If Dean and Virginia want to go, that's fine too.

• Love 8

Judy Reyes and Carrie Preston were particularly impressive last night.

The writing for Virginia has improved but Karrueche's line deliveries are still flat.

I hope this isn't the end for Polly & Ken. I love them together.

Bryce & Jen are the best.

Desna needs more clothes than form fitting jumpsuits. They dress her like Ursula Andress.

Roller should always be shirtless. ALWAYS.

Toby singing Crossroads was hilarious.

Dean Norris is the undisputed MVP of this season.

Sheryl Lee Ralph deserves much better.

Dean can STFU.

• Love 7

Oh man, Toby singing and dancing along to Crossroads was everything. Also, I like Roller a lot more when he isnt wearing a shirt. Luckily, its Florida, so thats pretty frequently.

I wonder how much of Dean being pissed at Desna is just because of her and the ladies breaking the law, and how much is just him not understanding nuance due to his mental issues. I know that can be an issue with people who have Autism, especially when its pretty severe. 

I felt bad for Anne...but she DID drug Arlene and got her fired to advance her criminal goals, so its hard to see her having the moral high-ground here. Maybe they just call it even in the season finale? People on this show work past worst stuff than that.

Desna is finally taking some initiative, even if it means she is back with Zlata. I think that Desna really is a good person at heart, but her constantly saying how she isnt a criminal is pretty rich. You can only get in bed (literally, with Roller) with so many mobsters before you start just admitting to being a criminal. 

Hank is seriously nutsy cray cray. On this show, the more normal seeming a person is, the darker side they totally have.

• Love 2

I am really conflicted regarding Anne and Arlene.  Yes, Arlene had a very good point when she said she was doing what she had to do to get her career back after Anne drugged her and got her fired.  However, Arlene was at the same time using Anne to further her career so it wasn't like she 1) didn't know who and what Anne was from the beginning, and 2) wasn't using Anne to further her own agenda.  It isn't like Arlene was completely innocent.  That is one of my favorite things about this show.  It really forces me to look at behavior from both perspectives and ask if my side of the street is really as clean as I like to think it is.  Most of the time the answer is no. 

• Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Desna should do three things:  1) stop playing the victim; 2) face the fact that she is a criminal; and 3) become an informant and work with law enforcement to bring down the Russians, Dixie Mafia, and the Haitians.   Then go into witness protection.  If Dean and Virginia want to go, that's fine too.

I think you've described exactly how the show will probably come to an end altogether.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, mysticalflute said:

I'm wondering why Desna won't work with the Feds to take down Zlata, Uncle Daddy and Ruval. It seems like it would be much easier (and possibly less deadly) to work with the Feds than just own up to your criminal status.

Presumably because the writers want this show to continue with Desna at the helm of a criminal enterprise for several more seasons. Working with the feds might be one possible endgame.

• Love 1

I think working with the Feds would put a end to her criminal activities since she would essentially be admitting that she was guilty. I would like the story better if Desna was smarter than the Feds and the rival criminal organizations and came out on top of the crime biz using her own smarts, while being a kinder gentler "Crime Boss" to her own crew, while being ruthless to any criminals that oppose her reign.

• Love 5
On 7/30/2018 at 1:24 PM, AgentRXS said:

I'm glad that we got that episode with Quiet Ann because after last night, without that episode, I would start to wonder if she was mentally diminished. How do you have the nerve to get upset over their betrayal when yours cost them their damn career (or so you thought)? If she really loved Arlene, she wouldn't have done that to begin with.  So whether Arlene every really wanted her from the beginning is kind of a moot point. Once Anne did that, all bets are off. Actions have consequences.

The whole Reval-Desna-Zlata crap is still problematic for me. The whole black man tripping over a black woman to get to a white woman who wasn't even really that into him to begin with crap really,really bothers me. It actually makes me cringe and it can't be over with soon enough.

QA does have the moral high-ground. Arlene started a relationship with her to advance her career by destroying Desna. It backfired on her hen QA outsmarted her. At this point, they were equal in their deviousness, and despicable duplicity. One Arlene came back around with the sole intent of using QA yet again, Arlene became the villain in the piece yet again. So while I get her feelings and agree with her telling QA off, she’s actually in the wrong in that relationship by a score of 2:1.

• Love 8
On 7/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, Dee said:

Desna needs more clothes than form fitting jumpsuits. They dress her like Ursula Andress.

You say that like it's a Bad Thing. Followed by

On 7/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, Dee said:

Roller should always be shirtless. ALWAYS.

LOL!

• Love 2

I cannot believe how much I am loving Roller this season! I was so pissed when they brought him back last season but between his caring for his non-biological Russian baby, how sweet he is to Des and even Dr. Ken this episode, he’s becoming one of my favorites. 

Also, Uncle Daddy is everything. He’s so wrong but I love him!

• Love 1