Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Meet Your Maker 2018.07.23

Both incidents that were mention are real incidents. The UC Santa Bárbara was the other one

The UC Santa Barbara incident may have been the basis for Sherlock's comment about a member "who went on a rampage at his college, killing 12 people, mostly women", but Elliot Rodger, the incel who killed at UC, managed to kill only 6 people, 4 men, 2 women. The 1st 3 murders (all men) were killed not at the college, but at Rodger's own apartment. 2 women were killed at a sorority, and the 4th man was shot at a deli.

Like I said, literary license.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:40 AM, johntfs said:

For my part, I never knew/remembered anything about the Montreal tragedy, so this episode was the first I'd heard of it (or was really conscious of it).

Me too. And sadly, I wasn't even sure if I'd missed a shooting - they've started to blur together at an alarming rate.

I just started college when the Montreal tragedy happened.  I remember it. It made me aware that there were men hostile to feminists.  It made me more of one.   That was nearly 30 years ago.  Maybe the Elementary producers wanted people to be aware that violent misogyny is nothing new.

• Love 3
On July 24, 2018 at 8:06 PM, mtlchick said:

The frustration of this season is I want half of Joan's clothing except it was filmed almost a year and by the time we see them, they're sold out!  

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Jason-Wu-Sleeveless-Houndstooth-Jacquard-Dress-Black-Chalk/prod119220005_cat80001__/p.prod?ecid=BGAF__ShopStyle+CPC&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=BGAF__ShopStyle+CPC  (thank you Worn On TV!) 

But would the price on resale drop sooner if it's "out of style," or does it's being Worn On TV (especially by Joan) keep the price high? I wonder if I had the means to quit my job if I would buy the dress on eBay or use my free time (and money) to buy fabric and a sewing machine (gave away my last one 17 years ago when moving across country for this job) and copy it (yes, I could)?

• Love 1

Currently rewatching this on Hulu.  I love the depth of thought that Sherlock put into helping Marcus.  He carefully considered Marcus's values and personality.  Then he used his (apparently considerable) influence and contacts within various US Law enforcement and intelligence agencies to secure the Marshal's Service's offer to Marcus.

Plus, on a side note, consider that the Homeland Security agents were perfectly fine accepting Holmes' direction in terms of when they could apprehend the Black Pill site admin.  While it's never outright stated, it's pretty clear that word has gotten around that "If Sherlock Holmes calls, you take his call because it will almost certainly be worth it."

• Love 1