Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/23/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, maggiemae said:

Not sure is this is a promotion for Paula though - it is not like she is going to be on 20/20, have her own show, or the evening news. Very vague. In addition she is going to do a faith based podcast. The miscarriage affected her badly she said and I think all this is a way to work on her own terms and be with her family more. 

Seems like Paula is being phased out like Bianna Golodryga was.

47 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Or maybe she came to terms with things going on in her life and decided she had to quit.  ABC came through with a compromise that makes her happy...and employed.

• Love 6

Sara seems like a lovely person with an infectious personality and I'm happy that she's so excited about her new venture. 

Meghan, that was Iran's money that was returned to them. If you're going to shoot down the comment, how about coming with some facts. If you had any, we all know you would have been reading it from your blue cards. 

I get that Sunny has an issue with what Trump has done in his personal life, but suggesting that a man who has cheated on his wife cannot be trusted to be loyal to his country and serve his country in its best interests is a really weak argument to make. There's so many things you can say that make Trump a controversially unfit President, this ain't one of them. 

Meghan, you need to learn what hypocrisy means. Wanting Trump out and not wanting Pence as President is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is judging and/or pushing a moral/standard unto others that you yourself don't truly embody in your thoughts and actions. 

Threatening people online for a difference in opinion is really sad, as is the mob mentality that people demonstrate online. Technology can be great, but it comes with its pitfalls as well. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

We still have one week left of the season.

Already?! So is this the last week, or the penultimate one? (I wonder if they'll do some boring pretaped shows to run to try to fake us out.)

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, ChicagoCita said:

Already?! So is this the last week, or the penultimate one? (I wonder if they'll do some boring pretaped shows to run to try to fake us out.)

I think that next week will be the last one. Then, it is pre-taped shows and repeats.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Thank Christ Sara is leaving!  I'm sure she is a lovely woman, but her kumbaya-like demeanor does not fit on The View

I didn't like or dislike Sara. She was just kinda bland and a seat filler. I started watching again in January and they had the rotating guests hosts, which I liked better.

I kept thinking "what is it about her that bugs me?" and this is it : her "kumbaya-like demeanor". I hope who ever replaces her can really take on Meghan full steam.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Doesn't Meghan know the meaning of "hypothetical"?  She kept asking "what hypothetical laws was he breaking?  Laws are either real or nonexistent.

Yes, I caught that too, but thought I "misheard".  What do you think she meant?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Doesn't Meghan know the meaning of "hypothetical"?  She kept asking "what hypothetical laws was he breaking?  Laws are either real or nonexistent.

Yes.  I was hoping someone would correct her.  

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I get that Sunny has an issue with what Trump has done in his personal life, but suggesting that a man who has cheated on his wife cannot be trusted to be loyal to his country and serve his country in its best interests is a really weak argument to make. There's so many things you can say that make Trump a controversially unfit President, this ain't one of them. 

Sunny gets too sappy.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She meant "Hypothetically, what law is he breaking?"  The breaking being the hypothetical part in her mind, not the law.

Aaaah, thanks.  Never sure what she’s blathering on about.

• Love 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Or maybe she came to terms with things going on in her life and decided she had to quit.  ABC came through with a compromise that makes her happy...and employed.

I agree. The miscarriage had a big effect on her and she chooses to have more time with her husband and three kids. Weekend GMA was probably harder to give up but not getting up at 3 a.m. was a factor too.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Absolutely. 

Sunny, just stop judging others who don't share your moral outrage.   Jesus. 

--------------------------

Some changes are happening.  I believe when they return in September we will see a new set (that always happens) and 2 new hosts on the panel.  I really do think this will happen.  The show is stale and unless they want The Talk (boring) to walk away with Emmys again they need to revamp.  No cross talking and intelligent conversation should be first on the list.  That is an automatic boot to the twat.  

I want to enjoy this show again and not walk away ridden with angst.  The reason I think the plans are being laid for this change is evident in the current hosts disinterest in correcting her outrageous misinformation.  They too, think or know it is the end of the road for her.   If she doesn't announce her departure next week, she has not been told because her replacement is not in place yet. 

She will say it is her choice to leave and has another offer or some such lie. 

PLEASE!!!! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Absolutely. 

Sunny, just stop judging others who don't share your moral outrage.   Jesus. 

--------------------------

Some changes are happening.  I believe when they return in September we will see a new set (that always happens) and 2 new hosts on the panel.  I really do think this will happen.  The show is stale and unless they want The Talk (boring) to walk away with Emmys again they need to revamp.  No cross talking and intelligent conversation should be first on the list.  That is an automatic boot to the twat.  

I want to enjoy this show again and not walk away ridden with angst.  The reason I think the plans are being laid for this change is evident with the current hosts apparent heightened tolerance for MM lately.  They too, think or know it is the end of the road for her.   If she doesn't announce her departure next week, she has not been told because her replacement is not in place yet. 

She will say it is her choice to leave and has another offer or some such lie. 

PLEASE!!!! 

They always give the standard speech that they are leaving on their own. The only person who did not follow the script was Star...Babara Walters was fit to be tied. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They always give the standard speech that they are leaving on their own. The only person who did not follow the script was Star...Babara Walters was fit to be tied. 

I know and I loved Babs outrage over Star not participating in the standard lie!  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I tell you I would actually welcome Star to the View again over MM. And, I hated Star's guts. 

I hated Jed too but she is not looking all that bad in retrospect. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Know what Wings, I concur! Oh wait, nooooooooooooo, Jed really made me sick with all her screaming as well. Whew, I just had a tiny little brain fart there. 

You're right and she never admitted to being a republican/Trump supporter and she was.  I take it back.  I don't want to see her again, ever!  Thanks for the friendly slap!  MM made me say it.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I believe when they return in September we will see a new set (that always happens) and 2 new hosts on the panel.  I really do think this will happen

Do you really think Meghan is going be gone?  Or are you talking about replacing Paula?

I can't see them really replacing Paula with having a new person  to show up occasionally. At least she was there full time before.

(edited)

I think ABC likes all this friction Meghan causes between herself and the other ladies, which is why I'm worried she'll be there this fall. From this article on ABC's own website about her "feisty" presence:

"She is smart, considered [I think they meant considerate?] and utterly fearless," said Brian Teta, executive producer of "The View."

On the show's previous conservatives:

"This is no shade at women who have been here before, but I knew going in that I couldn't be intimidated by the others and their strong opinions," she said. "These are all smart, strong women. I had to stay true to my convictions and my politics and not let the physical audience in front of me, which is normally very liberal, or the audience on social media impact my politics. Because a lot of things I say are unpopular."

"My dad always says that a fight not joined is a fight not enjoyed, and I feel that way," she said. "I like the debate, and these are amazing adversaries to have every morning. That's fun."

Maybe ABC published this article today, in light of Sara’s official announcement, to let her and us know she’s not going anywhere. Damn it. ):

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6
Just now, OnTime said:
30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I believe when they return in September we will see a new set (that always happens) and 2 new hosts on the panel.  I really do think this will happen

Do you really think Meghan is going be gone?  Or are you talking about replacing Paula?

I can't see them really replacing Paula with having a new person  to show up occasionally. At least she was there full time before.

It was I who said that not Apprentice79.  Paula was hardly ever there so no replacement needed.  She was in the guest category.  I have no idea who they will bring on to fill MMs slot.  

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I think ABC likes all this friction Meghan causes between herself and the other ladies. From this article on ABC's own website about her "feisty" presence:

"She is smart, considered [I think they meant considerate?] and utterly fearless," said Brian Teta, executive producer of "The View."

On the show's previous conservatives:

"This is no shade at women who have been here before, but I knew going in that I couldn't be intimidated by the others and their strong opinions," she said. "These are all smart, strong women. I had to stay true to my convictions and my politics and not let the physical audience in front of me, which is normally very liberal, or the audience on social media impact my politics. Because a lot of things I say are unpopular."

"My dad always says that a fight not joined is a fight not enjoyed, and I feel that way," she said. "I like the debate, and these are amazing adversaries to have every morning. That's fun."

Fuck.  Didn't see that article.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Fuck.  Didn't see that article.  

I edited my post above to say that maybe ABC published this article today, in light of Sara’s official announcement, to let her and us know she’s not going anywhere. ):

• Love 2

If MM is staying, then I *really* hope they can get Ana or Tera as well. Nothing throws Meghan off her game like when she can't fall on the "only Republican in the room" sword, and I find Ana and Tera's opinions to be more nuanced. I don't agree with most of them, but they don't discuss politics like team sports the way Meghan does.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

If MM is staying, then I *really* hope they can get Ana or Tera as well. Nothing throws Meghan off her game like when she can't fall on the "only Republican in the room" sword, and I find Ana and Tera's opinions to be more nuanced. I don't agree with most of them, but they don't discuss politics like team sports the way Meghan does.

This. The only thing that makes sense at this point, since they appear to be keeping Meghan on for another season, is to have another person who leans to the right who can counter Meghan’s “only republican on the panel” routine. Ana or Tara have been on frequently. It’s the only thing that makes sense right now.

• Love 6

If you find yourself typing out the words "John McCain" and he wasn't a guest, or a topic of discussion on the show, please kindly delete those words and start your posts again. He is off topic in these threads and you all know it. 

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I can't stand Michael Strahan so I won't be watching Sara's new 'dream job' of a show.

Yeah....i like him but wonder what he'll be like with another perky blonde by his side. Nothing against Strahan, but if there was someway to get Dan Harris in there, OMG those two are comedy gold.  Best host marriage in the biz (imho)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm so glad Joy brought this up.  Meghan uses stats freely without providing any context.

And she had to bring up a Dem, any Dem, for her "wag the dog" comment.

I thought she said 'whack the dog' hah

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

For people like Meghan politics is like a game.   All they care about is their team winning.  If their teams policies hurt people it doesn't matter to them.  As long as they don't hurt them and theirs they don't give a fuck. 

• Love 15
(edited)

And being thin doesn't automatically mean stores will have clothes in your size.  I was told by an employee at a local store that stores  stock their inventory based on demographics of where they are located when I asked why they had no extra smalls.  I have to go to a metropolitan city 50 miles away to go shopping.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Dr. Gailey, you should be PINK soon...very soon!    RHJunkie too!

YAY - I just turned Dr. Gailey pink!

Sara is the sunshine on this show.  I'll miss her.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If they don't ax Meghan and bring on Abby then that is two white privileged women born into rich families.   Lovely. 

Yeah, but Meghan won’t be the only republican expert. I wonder if someone with a similar background that appears more intelligent would drive her up the wall. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She refuses to talk about sex on TV yet says that "some men like more cushion for the pushin'." Um, that's a pretty sexual phrase, Meghan.

I would even say a bit vulgar, especially for daytime tv.

• Love 9

"I like the debate, and these are amazing adversaries to have every morning. That's fun."

Sure, Meghan.  That's why it looks like you're either about to cry or about to blow a fuse each day.  What fun.

• Love 19
(edited)
16 minutes ago, rags said:

Who are they going to get to do the View your Deal segments?!?!

EGAD!  Maybe the "new hire."   In the office where I worked, the newest person in the department had to make (take care of the coffee) all day...no matter what level your job.  OH!  Only the women, of course.   I'm old.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Wings said:

Sunny, just stop judging others who don't share your moral outrage.

I second that! And can someone coach her to stop all her old-lady vapors over everything?  She puts her face in her hands when she hears something slightly off-color. She's so easily shocked by anything sexual (excpe SHE's so sexy!).   It's 1987, Sunny!   Oh wait...........................

• Love 9
5 hours ago, backformore said:
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

who?????

She was the weekend GMA anchor before Paula. Never really heard of since...…