"The View": Week Of 7/23/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 23 
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, July 24
Henry Golding (“Crazy Rich Asians”) 

Wednesday, July 25
Dr. Doris Day (author, “Beyond Beautiful: Using the Power of Your Mind and Aesthetic Breakthroughs to Look Naturally Young and Radiant”) 

Thursday, July 26
The Political View with Van Jones (“The Van Jones Show”); Bo Burnham and Elsie Fisher (“Eighth Grade”) 

Friday, July 27 
Alan Alda (“Clear + Vivid”) 

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Was it Van Jones who came on a while back and said the Democrats should be open to Trump? If so, I'd be very interested in hearing what he has to say now.

Yes. And he also gave the twat a tongue bath when she appeared on his show. So unless he does a 180 mea culpa and tells her he’s disappointed in her (he won’t), I ain’t gonna watch.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10

I wonder if Joy might be absent again this week. It's clear they want to use these last two weeks before vacation to audition people one last time for the panel next season, which requires someone to sit out.

I'd still like to see Yvette Nicole Brown on this show, although that may be unlikely considering where she's located. She was in the news recently for taking a job in New York hosting the Talking Dead event at Comic-Con. She's always seemed eager to have a position on a talk show considering she's appeared as a fill-in on both The Talk and The View a lot over the years? *shrug* My order of preference would be Ana > YNB > Tara. And anyone over Meh-gun.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

And on Friday! He's a good friend of Joys.  Real friend not a MM friend.  

Don't they live in the same building?

1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Was it Van Jones who came on a while back and said the Democrats should be open to Trump? If so, I'd be very interested in hearing what he has to say now.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. And he also gave the twat a tongue bath when she appeared on his show. So unless he does a 180 mea culpa and tells her he’s disappointed in her (he won’t), I ain’t gonna watch.

Not a fan of Van Jones.  Is it too much to ask to have a real progressive guest?

• Love 8
(edited)
56 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Don't they live in the same building?

Not a fan of Van Jones.  Is it too much to ask to have a real progressive guest?

The friendship goes way back (with his wife too) could be since they worked together on Manhattan Murder Mystery in 93. .  He surprised her on her last day when she left the show in 2013. 

Not looking forward to Van Jones either but will tune in to see if he's come to his senses. 

Joys in a different apartment now isn't she?  

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4

I think it is Regis that has an apartment in the same building as Alda.

I'll miss Sara on this but may tune into her show with Strahan.

Not sure is this is a promotion for Paula though - it is not like she is going to be on 20/20, have her own show, or the evening news. Very vague. In addition she is going to do a faith based podcast. The miscarriage affected her badly she said and I think all this is a way to work on her own terms and be with her family more. 

• Love 7

I always liked Van Jones but then I grew to realize he is trying too hard to please everyone. Nice guy but boring.

Like Anderson Cooper that is similar yet has the guts to ask the questions that need to be answered and has a panel that discusses interviews as well.

VJ is just a light and fluffy show that I don't watch.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I always liked Van Jones but then I grew to realize he is trying too hard to please everyone. Nice guy but boring.

Like Anderson Cooper that is similar yet has the guts to ask the questions that need to be answered and has a panel that discusses interviews as well.

VJ is just a light and fluffy show that I don't watch.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!  My thoughts on him is he rides the fence & one of these days it's going to turn into a razor blade!!!  LOL.

• Love 8
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, ChicagoCita said:

He got dragged spectacularly by the left for saying that on CNN. He did take it back.  He was really shaken by the experience.  He became even more critical of him. 

I like Van. I like his earnestness and wanting us all, to get along as Americans. What Van seems to not get is that the other side wants the conflict and they benefit from it.. Plus, I remember how the right used to go after him. It was not pretty. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
On 7/21/2018 at 11:36 PM, WarnerCL45 said:

Van Jones is sort of hit & miss.  I saw him a few times as guest pundint, and found him quite OK.  He can't carry a show, tho.

Agreed. I tuned in to watch the premiere of his show because I didn't believe he could carry one on his own and he couldn't. I was bored to pieces, it was a yawn fest. And he pretty much kissed the behinds of all the guests on his show - including Meghan, which made my stomach turn. He never asks the hard-hitting questions.

• Love 14
(edited)

Sara officially announced that she's leaving the show. As I said on another thread, I think the format of GMA is better suited for Sara than The View and I'm happy for her.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 18
(edited)
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

This lie is something the right continually tells.  Meghan knows better but doesn't care.

Joy did not refute her lie. This is why they always set the narrative and win at messaging..  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Holy crap ... Meggie is absolutely hysterical this morning ... screeching like a fishwife!!!

Screech,  or that stupid girl, as I think of her,  is disgusting. Why do they let her lie? 

• Love 6
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Sara officially announced that she's leaving the show. As I said on another thread, I think the format of GMA is better suited for Sara than The View and I'm happy for her.

I'm happy for her and it seems the GMA show is a better fit. I won't be watching but wish her luck.

So people cared about MM's daddy being married 2x? mmm, ok . 

Whoopi seems quiet. 

I remember the last time they discussed the Iran money  Joy pushed back on MM lies. It went no where because MM just kept screeching. Joy is just probably ready for vacation.  Wish they had fact checker on this show to counter all the lies spread by MM . She could run out clear up the facts and run off lol. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 19

Megan threw a dig at Joy Reid who had past statements in a blog come back to haunt her. She has apologized profusely and she has evolved.  The right has been salivating to get her fired.  She is also an outspoken critic of 45.  Her show has been on fire, for months. I found it curious that somebody took their time to dig up her past blogs and put them out there for the world to see..

• Love 12
Just now, Coffeewinewater said:

oI'm happy for her and it seems the GMA show is a better fit. I won't be watching but wish her luck.

Whoopi seems quiet. 

I'm sure she wants to address what JP said on her show Saturday but I'm glad she didn't. Don't give that crazy lady anymore airtime.

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan threw a dig at Joy Reid who had past statements in a blog come back to haunt her. She has apologized profusely and she has evolved.  The right has been salivating to get her fired.  She is also an outspoken critic of 45.  Her show has been on fire, for months. I found it curious that somebody took their time to dig up her past blogs and put them out there for the world to see..

I knew Meghan was gonna bring up Joy Reid during that segment.

• Love 8
(edited)

Meghan certainly sees herself as a sex kitten.  And, Megs, I'd guess you're closer to a size 16, except expensive clothes companies tend to market their bigger sizes as smaller than they actually are.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

They should have just ran a whole hour of commercials today. 

Exactly!  After the segment about thin women, "we" got to watch the audience clapping for almost a minute before they went to commercial.  (I HATE that!!!)

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

But I did LOL when Joy pointed out to Meghan that that 88 percent of Republicans who supposedly approve of Trump isn't saying much because only somewhere around 34 percent(?) of Americans consider themselves Republicans. 

I'm so glad Joy brought this up.  Meghan uses stats freely without providing any context.

3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I knew Meghan was gonna bring up Joy Reid during that segment.

And she had to bring up a Dem, any Dem, for her "wag the dog" comment.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan certainly sees herself as a sex kitten.  And, Megs, I'd guess you're closer to a size 16, except expensive clothes tend to market bigger sizes as smaller than they actually are.

She refuses to talk about sex on TV yet says that "some men like more cushin' for the pushin'." Um, that's a pretty sexual phrase, Meghan.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 21

Back when I watched Kathie Lee & Hoda, Sara was the "entertainment" person.  She was always enjoyable.  I stopped watching that part of the show because I couldn't take KL & Hoda's "antics".  Too bad.  I'm sure Sara & Michael will be great!!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm happy for her and it seems the GMA show is a better fit. I won't be watching but wish her luck.

I read that the new GMA hour will be taped. Trying find the article. I feel taped shows can be boring.

• Love 7
(edited)

Omfg! STFU MM.  She can't shut up and let joy finish her sentence . Then takes the floor with,  "You're right". Joy was just try explain her pov that thin women do have a privilege. ..she wasn't questioning MM sexyness. Damn can't stand her!

20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I read that the new GMA hour will be taped. Trying find the article. I feel taped shows can be boring.

Very boring.  I used to watch my beloved  The Chew and hated it when it was tapped a week or days before.  It wasn't even a hot topics show but I could tell the difference. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 8

I'm so sad Sara is leaving. I won't be watching her on the third hour of GMA. I'm still annoyed that The Chew was cancelled to bring it about, but I wish her the best. She's adorable, she tries really hard to fully understand an issue rather than just the party line, and she's a bit of an antidote to the other blonde on the panel. 

• Love 13

Re: the segment about the college roommates' tweets...

I don't think the ladies understood the problem. The girl described the roommate as being "not too n-wordish" (except she used the actual word). Whoopi said she should just admit she made a mistake and move on. Uh....no! That was racism.

• Love 10
Just now, Blissfool said:

I don't think the ladies understood the problem. The girl described the roommate as being "not too n-wordish" (except she used the actual word). Whoopi said she should just admit she made a mistake and move on. Uh....no! That was racism.

Whoopie has no problems with people using the N word.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Yes, my mouth fell open. They were all giggly about the subject. The  young woman ,  used a racist slur about her new roommate . Wtf ? How is that just an oops ? She meant to use it.   I would not be happy that my child was rooming with that person. I would demand  something be done. How can the black young lady feel relaxed living with her and have her personal things open to the racist roommate and her friends. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie has no problems with people using the N word.  

That's right. I forgot. 

(I still think they misunderstood. It's like they weren't made aware of what the offending word really was. Like they  saw the pixelated version only. Joy even joked maybe the girl meant the horse named Trigger. Dumb!) 

• Love 4

Well, I watched about 25 minutes.  Too loud, can hear any points of view (although I don't want to hear MM).  Just to chopped up - talk for 5 minutes, commercial for 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I doubt it - so long ago.  Although the cheating aspect may have played into it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I don't think the meetings were about him being married 2x.  I think is was more about him supposedly leaving his disabled 1st wife, for his much younger mistress turned second wife (MM mother)   

35 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I think Whoopi understood.  She just wasn't surprised by it, so she didn't make a big deal of it.  Been so many incidents lately on social media, people are becoming numb.  She was saying the girl should have just copped to using the word and apologized, instead of making up the stupid auto-correct story.    

• Love 13