Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Sean & Dottie's 2018.07.25

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I just read on FB that Sean passed away. I can't confirm that but sadly, it wouldn't surprise me. 

Thanks for sharing. I found a post - probably the one you read - in the FB discussion group for this show. It said he died on February 17, and the person posting said she got to know him as a neighbor in a Houston apartment building. She had nice things to say about him, and suggested that he was more intelligent and talented, and nicer, in person than he came across on TV.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Thanks for sharing. I found a post - probably the one you read - in the FB discussion group for this show. It said he died on February 17, and the person posting said she got to know him as a neighbor in a Houston apartment building. She had nice things to say about him, and suggested that he was more intelligent and talented, and nicer, in person than he came across on TV.

Yes, that is the post. How terribly sad. 

• Love 2

How sad.    He never had a chance did he?    May he rest in peace, and find the happiness he never had in this life.

(I actually did see other sources, but the FB in the My 600 lb life was so nice).    I wish the producers would show us more information like the neighbor in Houston described, with his other interests.   I guess they have a script, and focus on the weight loss, but it would be nice to see other things the participants do, even if only in the updates.)      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

How sad.    He never had a chance did he?    May he rest in peace, and find the happiness he never had in this life. 

No, he really didn't. His mother made sure of that. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I just read on FB that Sean passed away. I can't confirm that but sadly, it wouldn't surprise me. 

A couple of news sources are reporting that his father made the announcement, so I would bet it’s true.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

A couple of news sources are reporting that his father made the announcement, so I would bet it’s true.

its on Radar, In Touch and TMZ. Very nice things being said about him. I still say, his mother helped to kill him. She stunted his growth mentally and increased it physically. She ruined him. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

its on Radar, In Touch and TMZ. Very nice things being said about him. I still say, his mother helped to kill him. She stunted his growth mentally and increased it physically. She ruined him. 

What she did to him was purely evil.  I can’t imagine a parent purposely keeping their teen / young adult child bed-bound and helpless.  She wasn’t exactly the poster child for sanity though.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Thanks. I was just about to post those very same online sources but you beat me to it libgirl2. Although I saw the Facebook reference, before commenting on any trending topic, I prefer to wait for confirmation from additional sources; I'm just old school that way.

Anyway, what can I say? I am kind of shocked and kind of not. I guess I figured that this was bound to happen to Sean but, maybe because of his youth--damn, only 29--I thought he might have more time which, now that I write it, was foolish. Even though he was young, his true body/health age was probably that of someone much older. Also sealing his fate was that his main goal was to find a nursing home facility willing to accept him as he stated to Dr. Now during his update show and not to get healthy and become independent.

I definitely gave him grief, especially after his mom died, for not trying harder to help himself but that woman surely did everything in her power to create the dependent man-baby that was Sean. I am truly sorry this happened 'cause it just didn't have to turn out this way. R.I.P. Sean.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Thanks. I was just about to post those very same online sources but you beat me to it libgirl2. Although I saw the Facebook reference, before commenting on any trending topic, I prefer to wait for confirmation from additional sources; I'm just old school that way.

Anyway, what can I say? I am kind of shocked and kind of not. I guess I figured that this was bound to happen to Sean but, maybe because of his youth--damn, only 29--I thought he might have more time which, now that I write it, was foolish. Even though he was young, his true body/health age was probably that of someone much older. Also sealing his fate was that his main goal was to find a nursing home facility willing to accept him as he stated to Dr. Now during his update show and not to get healthy and become independent.

I definitely gave him grief, especially after his mom died, for not trying harder to help himself but that woman surely did everything in her power to create the dependent man-baby that was Sean. I am truly sorry this happened 'cause it just didn't have to turn out this way. R.I.P. Sean.

Even Schenee, as much as we mock her will say she wants to get healthy..... Sean just seemed to want to exist with everyone taking care of him. Yes, he was an adult, but he was so stunted. I think it went beyond lazy. His mom was always there. A person can be destroyed mentally, what could have been a brilliant person, can be infantilized. He was never allowed to mature, regardless of his size, but the size kept him even more dependent on his mother. And his dad should have done something ages ago. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 7
On 2/17/2019 at 11:50 AM, ThereButFor said:

Probably because he’s achieved his goal of having no responsibilities while being looked after so he can continue to eat himself to death.

Sad to say ThereButFor but you absolutely nailed it.

• Love 2

Profoundly sad news to hear. The poor man. He never had anything in his life except his mother and food—and both were toxic to his wellbeing.

I am still haunted by how sad he was when he got back to his apartment after the flood still wearing that hospital gown. No friends, no family anywhere in sight. I've thought about that scene many times thinking how lonely and alone he must have felt. And at 28 (or however old he was), he should have been thinking about a career and not what nursing home would take him in for the rest of his life. 

A very sad but predictable end. RIP, Sean. Hopefully the afterlife has an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet waiting for you.

From the People magazine link:

Milliken died on Sunday of complications from an infection, his father, Matt Milliken, wrote in a Facebook post, according to TMZ.

“Sunday he was having problems with his breathing, they were able to resuscitate him and a short time later his heart stopped,” Matt said, according to the outlet.

I wonder if TLC plans on editing Sean out of the opening montage for this show? That's where they show him leaning over to his right on the edge of his bed, obviously very uncomfortable if not in pain, while trying to be bathed and his voiceover says:

"My weight has given me a death sentence" or something to that effect.

I was about to say, given today's sad news, that perhaps they should. However, this would also be an opportunity to have real reality tv and leave it as is using that brief clip as a cautionary tale, not just for the show's participants, but for everyone.

• Love 5

Sad that one can die without ever having lived.  I can't call the pitiful existence he has led "life".  I only hope that if he is given a second chance on the other side, he has an opportunity to take it and actually live to the fullest. 

• Love 5
On 1/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, dahling said:

Starcasm's page is so loaded down with ads and spam that it took me 5 minutes to get to this. Wowza, Dottie. 

image.png.1f40e2dc550f0dc294f53f28d2fda83f.png

Absolutely CORRECT!  I watched a small segment then it went into numerous ads and some ADS were REPEATED (like torture🤨) so off it went.

What I was PRIMARILY interested in was whether the precious little boy, Landon, was coming out of his "shell."  I'm not a clinician by any means but simply as a "functioning" adult, his behavior showed signs of being on the autism spectrum.

Lastly, her husband, Chris, is a saintly individual who gives Dottie so much love and support.  Unfortunately, I don't see that level of reciprocity on her part and that was refreshed in my mind when I caught the little snippet of the episode (prior to the ad rampage) Chris came home from work (looks like he has a hard, manual labor job) and immediately asked: "What's for dinner."  Dottie replied:  "Oh, I just thought about that.  How about pizza?"  She takes out a box of frozen bite-sized pizzas and throws it in the toaster oven.  I have no further comment.  I hope Dottie is continuing on with her psychotherapist, but, somehow I doubt it.  I have nothing but compassion for Chris and Landon.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2018 at 4:40 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

I would love a fridge that spoke to you in Dr. Now's voice. 

I go to get ice cream "Dis not good sitchation"

My husband gets me something "You are enabling her"

Go to the fridge too many times in one day "You must consume tirty tousand calories in a day" "You will be dead soon"

When I reach for day old cornbread to crumble into my buttermilk... "Stop doing weird things!"

I know this is old, but I'm doing a rewatch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1