Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Pearls, Pajamas, and Lies 2018.07.23

• Start Topic

(edited)

This episode was WAY better. 

Lyle needs to grow a pair. He should have kissed (or more) that girl in NYC and lived a little! He has spent 17 years with Catherine? Sorry, I just do NOT get people wasting time like that. Catherine isn’t even nice to him, go sow some oats already. My God. 

Hannah looked so pretty, she has a similarity to Kate Middleton. 

I wonder who Catherine is hooking up with??

Hagood’s scene with her parents was interesting. So is she an only child? Sounds like an isolated childhood but loving parents. 

Daniel’s story was interesting too with the overbearing dad and brother. I liked this episode (shocking!). 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 4

So Daniel is tired of working for his dad and brother at the law firm but wants them to front the money to start up his new venture? They were real thrilled about that. 

Catherine's pajama party guy just busted her! On camera! 

Lyle and Luis are two unattractive guys. I hope Hannah moves on from Luis. She can do so much better. 

Boring Catherine continues to do nothing with her life and Hagood wants to paint in her little parent approved studio and have mommy and daddy take care of her with their rice money. 

Every one of them is insufferable. 

• Love 7
(edited)

There is a theme here. Louis quit a great job to sell...socks. Okay. 

Daniel wants to quit his job and have others fund his next venture. 

Daniel also urged Hannah to quit her real job and focus on making her dress line a reality. “Just borrow money from your dad.”

Catherine doesn’t do anything. 

Hagood’s parents bankroll her painting the days away in her “studio”. 

Does Lyle at least have real employment? 

Entitled, pampered, dull and yes, insufferable. 

Too much money ruins people. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 7

I get Daniel wanting support from the law firm to support starting his new business, especially if the support is just for six months.  He did come into the law firm and help grow it, and, as a non-lawyer, he can't profit share from the proceeds of the law firm.  (They can pay him, but he can't own part of it, no matter how much work he puts into it.)  So it's understandable to me that he wants to run a business where he can own/profit from its success.  But the rest of them...none of these folks are Shep/Whitney level of cash, and some of them seem to be down market from Austen/Craig.  

I could have sworn Brandon was in the opening credits last week but wasn't this week.  I'm not invested enough to go back and look at last week's episode tho.  And, BTW, who was that other gal at the sleep over, Mita?  I don't recall having seen her before. 

• Love 1

Mita or Meta I think is Brandon's caterer.  Other than Hagood & Hannah, none of these other people are attractive to me. At least with CHS you have Shep and Craig who I personally think are handsome & the ladies are quite pretty.  Every time I see Lyle - he just reminds me of Dauber from Coach - looks and when he talks

image.png.a37162ad810d0ec0cdade55772dcf9b4.png

• Love 11
(edited)

I dozed off somewhere in the middle of the episode.  Zzzzz...

The only character whom I find at all interesting is Daniel.  The scene at his house with his father and brother was the only one that held my interest.  I don't think it's at all awful that he'd like some financial backing for a six month period from the firm to get his own business off the ground.  He's going to provide a business plan to his brother and convicted felon father.  Daniel put his own career on a back burner to help the family legal practice remain afloat while Daddy was away doing time.  I don't think he's asking too much to have the firm give him some assistance getting his own business off the ground under the circumstances.

I like Hannah; she seems like a nice person although probably not interesting enough for reality TV.  Lyle and Catherine can go away at any point.

Edited by ProudMary
Grammar
  • Love 3