Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E30: Road Rage

druzy
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/25/2018 at 5:52 PM, mamadrama said:

I hear you. My first book was released in 2003 and, since then, I've had more than 20 releases. The industry has changed so much over the years. People are now literally buying their way onto the NYT and USA Today best-sellers' lists and anyone who reaches #1 in their Amazon subcategory is referring to themselves as a "bestseller." Almost every day I see some chump who has written a 15-page pamphlet about the latest dietary fad slapping the thing up on Amazon and then calling themselves an "author." For those of us who have spent years attending and teaching writing workshops, getting English degrees and MFAs, writing tons of short stories and chapbooks and rough drafts of novels that will never see the light of day, querying endless agents and editors, and actually putting effort into what is an actual art form, it's beyond frustrating.

I am friends with the ghostwriter who wrote Jenelle's book. Jenelle didn't write a single word of it-she did interviews over the phone and sent the ghostwriter voice files and, yet, she's also referencing herself as an "author." 

I don't know if any of these dolts have had to resort to self-publishing like Vicki Gunvalson with her "More Than a Housewife" book, but it does surprise me that these morons get published at all.  I have a friend who went the self-publishing route when nobody wanted her book.  She even paid to enter "contests" where everyone who entered received an award.  So, naturally, she refers to herself as an "award winning author."  I think Matt Baier paid to have his first book printed, but I don't know for sure.  It wouldn't shock me to learn that some of these Teen Moms had to subsidize the printing of their masterpieces in order to get them published.  

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

TL;DR: In Cole’s case? I don’t think necessarily think it’s a negative that Chelsea was his first relationship.  He wasn’t exactly living under a rock (or in the Duggar household) in his 20s. He knows some stuff about life & relationships.

I have to agree. To out myself as a possible weirdo, I have had a grand total of one serious romantic relationship in my life, with my darling Mr.Strange, who I met when I was 26. We also got married within seven weeks of meeting, just to further show my trashy Teen Mom-esque leanings, lol. And while I have my issues, I certainly wasn't raised under a rock or anything. Maybe Cole is just shy and/or an introvert? I know from experience as a shy introvert, it can be hard to find people you connect with on a deeper level, and maybe Cole wasn't interested in casual relationships/sex.

Anyway, this is the first episode I've seen since early last season, and it was just as boring and moronic as I remembered. The few things I picked up while I was fighting off a coma: Leah is clueless and Jenelle is a lying psycho. I don't know how state benefits for disabled people in WV are, but we're I'm from, the offer families a service called restbit, were special caretakers are paide by the state to come in and help with the disabled person. I even know some restbit workers that will go to the child's school to be this one on one caretaker if there is the need. Maybe WV is the backwards ass place Leah and her family make it seem, but Ali should be getting state devices like that. If she isn't, Leah and Corey need to get their asses in gear and figure it out for Ali's sake.

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I have to agree. To out myself as a possible weirdo, I have had a grand total of one serious romantic relationship in my life, with my darling Mr.Strange, who I met when I was 26. We also got married within seven weeks of meeting, just to further show my trashy Teen Mom-esque leanings, lol. And while I have my issues, I certainly wasn't raised under a rock or anything. Maybe Cole is just shy and/or an introvert? I know from experience as a shy introvert, it can be hard to find people you connect with on a deeper level, and maybe Cole wasn't interested in casual relationships/sex.

Yes! Shy introvert right here. If I had to be in camera, I’d totally clam up. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Anyway, this is the first episode I've seen since early last season, and it was just as boring and moronic as I remembered. The few things I picked up while I was fighting off a coma: Leah is clueless and Jenelle is a lying psycho. I don't know how state benefits for disabled people in WV are, but we're I'm from, the offer families a service called restbit, were special caretakers are paide by the state to come in and help with the disabled person. I even know some restbit workers that will go to the child's school to be this one on one caretaker if there is the need. Maybe WV is the backwards ass place Leah and her family make it seem, but Ali should be getting state devices like that. If she isn't, Leah and Corey need to get their asses in gear and figure it out for Ali's sake.

It’s okay I don’t think you’re a weirdo!!

Do you mean “respite”?

Respite care is an entire can of worms (it’s too early to go down that rabbit hole) but Ali is entitled to her aid while she is in school and I do hope Corey and Leah continue to advocate for her. It’s a long road ahead for them, this is the FIRST battle. 

This is why I’m so committed to my Sib work- I don’t consider myself a disablitity advocate (I respect them and we need one but I am not one), however someone who’s been through these things before needs to be a source of support for younger parents. By the time you get to my Mom’s age you are tired and just want to rest, where as Sibs are still young, have energy and have seen ALL the mistakes that happened years ago. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

It’s possible they are currently getting respite and using a family member to provide these services.  As the parent you have the option of using either an agency or any friend or family member who is an adult.  In my area you cannot have them go to school nor can you pay for a private aid.  She would be entitled to a teacher paid by the district to come to her home if they chose to homeschool and at least 40 hours a month of a paid service worker plus the respite time where I live.  Possibly quite a bit more since we know she requires assistance with eating and in toileting.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, Mothra said:

I don't think Jenelle has a felony conviction, but holy moly all the misdemeanor drug convictions ought to add up to at least half a felony, right?  In the currency of crime, I think she's at least a hundredaire.

NC has some statues on habitual misdemeanor convictions.  I wish someone would look into it regarding Jenelle.  She really is a toxic person and such a poor parent.  I don't even feel comfortable using the term parent with her.  

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

NC has some statues on habitual misdemeanor convictions.  I wish someone would look into it regarding Jenelle.  She really is a toxic person and such a poor parent.  I don't even feel comfortable using the term parent with her.  

I checked, and it seems that the habitual misdemeanor law applies mostly to misdemeanor assault, or driving while impaired three times during a certain time period.  BUT reading on, I find:

Habitual misdemeanor assault requires two or more prior felony or misdemeanor assaults within 15 years of the offense date. If the defendant commits an assault under N.C.G.S. 14-33, and actually causes physical injury, or an assault under N.C.G.S. 14-34 (assault by pointing a gun), they may be punished as a Class H felon.

That's from this lawyer's website:  https://www.garrettandwalker.com/habitual-status-crimes/

• Love 5

Interesting.  I think that Jenelle probably participated in some diversion programs where she got the charge dismissed after doing certain things, like substance abuse education/counseling, community service, etc.  The thing is though, that those opportunities eventually run out.  Some of those programs limit you to one time.  IMO, she'll eventually, get some serious prison time, like Amber did or she'll get really hurt when she messes with the wrong person.  

• Love 5
On 7/26/2018 at 1:41 PM, SheTalksShit said:

Yup. And to be fair I don’t think the other driver behaved like a saint, either, he was in the wrong for trying to break-check her like that, but it was crazy for Jenelle to follow him like that. For what? I don’t get these psycho road rage ppl. I never get like that, I don’t see the point, I don’t care enough, I never have to see them again, they’re not nearly important enough for me to take time out of my day to detour from where I was originally going just to confront them. That’s insane, to me. Like let it go and move on, so you not have enough going on in your life? 

I actually feel like people who act like that should have their license suspended for at least a year and be required to complete some anger-management classes. 

Well, last summer 2 idiots playing these games on a major highway caused a wreck which wound up involving myself and two other cars. Thank God no one was hurt. My car was spinning and miraculously wound up on the shoulder facing incoming traffic. My son was in the car with me and all I could think was that my son was going to die in my arms. We saw cars coming toward us and I honestly don't know how we were spared. This accident causes major anxiety for me, and I haven't been able to traverse that highway since. Shame on Jenelle! Shame on the other driver! They're idiots, and for Jenelle to knowingly put Jace in that situation is infuriating. She doesn't deserve to be a mother. Has she ever been to rehab? She needs some kind of serious long term intense treatment. 

• Love 13

Zenme, your experience sounds horrifying.  Thank goodness you and your child were saved. There are a few things in life that really push my buttons and they are child and elder abuse/neglect, dangerous driving and abuse/neglect of animals. It sends me through the roof and is far too tolerated in our society, imo.  

• Love 4

The other driver in the Jenelle scene is a real asshole for sure.  I've had guys tailgate me like that, and when I was younger and stupider (and *never* with a child in the car), I have responded by slowing down just to piss them off.  These days, I pull over onto the shoulder as soon as it's safe and let the guy pass me, hoping I won't catch up with him.  We don't know whether he, too, showed a gun, but we do know Jenelle did, and if it wasn't supposed to be to threaten that guy, I don't know what it was for.  This coming so soon after Jenelle explaining to Jace that the NRA supports our right to protect ourselves by carrying a gun makes me think she was ready to use it if she felt threatened--which we know she did by the guy's driving.

This all sounds wrong, and dangerous, to me, and worthy of a good talking-to at the very least by a cop or even a judge.  NC should not just let this go.  I know I don't want to be sharing the highway with Jenelle in case someone pisses her off.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Well, last summer 2 idiots playing these games on a major highway caused a wreck which wound up involving myself and two other cars. Thank God no one was hurt. My car was spinning and miraculously wound up on the shoulder facing incoming traffic. My son was in the car with me and all I could think was that my son was going to die in my arms. We saw cars coming toward us and I honestly don't know how we were spared. This accident causes major anxiety for me, and I haven't been able to traverse that highway since. Shame on Jenelle! Shame on the other driver! They're idiots, and for Jenelle to knowingly put Jace in that situation is infuriating. She doesn't deserve to be a mother. Has she ever been to rehab? She needs some kind of serious long term intense treatment. 

She went to some spa rehab in CA when Jace was pretty little. That's where the bipolar diagnosis was made but she denies she's bipolar now and claims to have an anxiety disorder. But, UBT claims she don't have no fuckin anxiety. Just like he claims Barb gives Jace meds he doesn't need. I'm sure he's the reason Jenelle doesn't give Jace his meds when he's forced to go to the swamp. I sure hope Barb is talking to her lawyer about all the shit we've seen happen lately. The road rage and having a gun where he could reach it is bad enough but her refusing the give him his meds is a direct violation of the visitation agreement and she's in contempt. Barb isn't stupid and I really, really hope she has something brewing to stop the forced visits.

• Love 8

Most of what I have to say about the situation with Ali's aide has already been mentioned, but with the information from Leah's instragram posts taken into account, it sounds like there was a temporary staff issue that was that was either explained incorrectly by the principal, or misinterpreted by Leah.  All respect to principals, but many building administrators do not actually know a ton about special ed and can have trouble understanding or explaining things to parents, especially with legal stuff.  It should really have been something that a special ed administrator or Ali's case manager should have contacted Leah and Corey about immediately. 

I hope that my guess on that is right - I was very upset initially thinking that the school was actually trying to put one over on them, but it's also not news to any of us that Leah and Corey have not necessarily done a great job of informing themselves and getting involved with parent groups, etc.  At least Corey pointed out right away that they can't just change the IEP without a meeting, but it was interesting to see Kail suggest that Leah get involved with some parent groups for kids with MD and that seem to be something she hadn't really considered before.  Their (understandable to a point) denial of Ali's needs is not doing them any favors when it comes to knowing her rights as a student with a disability and the channels to go through if something like this comes up.  Ali has a case manager they could contact, and either her school or in the district there would be a school psychologist and an administrator in charge of special ed.  Unless editing left out them talking about contacting one of those people, that's them not doing their due diligence.  The school is responsible for implementing the IEP as written and making sure her parents understand the process, but they also need to take initiative to talk to the people in charge of special ed if they think something is not being done right.  Worst case scenario if the school is actually being shady or out of compliance, sometimes just threatening to request a meeting with attorneys present is enough to straighten things out (plus Leah has the leverage of being on TV as well).  Joining parent groups wouldn't only benefit them by helping learn more about MD - it would also help them know about access to parent advocates to bring to meetings, etc. 

• Love 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Mothra said:

The other driver in the Jenelle scene is a real asshole for sure.  I've had guys tailgate me like that, and when I was younger and stupider (and *never* with a child in the car), I have responded by slowing down just to piss them off.  These days, I pull over onto the shoulder as soon as it's safe and let the guy pass me, hoping I won't catch up with him.  We don't know whether he, too, showed a gun, but we do know Jenelle did, and if it wasn't supposed to be to threaten that guy, I don't know what it was for.  This coming so soon after Jenelle explaining to Jace that the NRA supports our right to protect ourselves by carrying a gun makes me think she was ready to use it if she felt threatened--which we know she did by the guy's driving.

This all sounds wrong, and dangerous, to me, and worthy of a good talking-to at the very least by a cop or even a judge.  NC should not just let this go.  I know I don't want to be sharing the highway with Jenelle in case someone pisses her off.

Jenelle lying about the extent of the other guy’s actions was ridiculous. She had to hit the brakes fast, which is annoying. But she did not veer off the road and Jace did not come close to hitting his head. She was just pissed. The dumbass should not have him in the front seat, anyway. He is too young and small, even if it is legal. (I even mentioned that 2-3 weeks ago here. No car safety experts would ever OK that.) She just wants him up there to pretend like she has some kind of rapport with him. She talks to him like he is 4.

There was a local case here of a mom getting shot in the arm (bullet stopping close to her heart) as she was pulling into a suburban carwash. They caught the guy and he said she swerved into his lane twice so he felt it was self-defense shooting her because she tried to kill him. WTF?! I can see Jenelle’s rusty gears in her head turning with that lame excuse. People like that are dangerous! 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Mothra said:

What was stopping Jenelle from simply moving into tha right lane so the guy could pass?  Am I missing something here?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What was stopping Jenelle from simply moving into tha right lane so the guy could pass?  Am I missing something here?

It looked to me like he was tailgating her in the fast lane. She moved to the right lane to pass a slow blue suv (that was in the fast lane) and that’s when he pulls up almost directly beside Jenelle. He had to slow down because the blue car is the fast last is going slow. So he ends up behind Jenelle again. I think she moved into the fast lane again ahead of the slow blue car and that’s when the guy moved in front of her and hit his breaks. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

That's what happens when you wear hooker heels in the grass. High mf. Ugh I thought I couldn't stand her then, I fucking quit watching because of her. And buy some bigger fucking shoes. Nothing worse than people with their toes hanging over the edge of shoes.

Edited by toodywoody
fucking toes over edges send me over the edge
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Roxanna to Shirley:  Watch the babies.

In Shirley's mind: Fuck off, puta. I just had surgery too.

omg RIGHT?  Shirley made some comment about her breasts hurting or something and everyone completely ignored her.  Poor Shirley!!!

• Love 14

I might have missed this, but did anyone notice Jenelle's smirk of glee right before she reaches for her gun?  It's like she's thrilled she has a reason to grab it and use it.  I say use it because any time you reach for your gun you have decided the threat is big enough to use it.  Heck, just reaching for your gun means you're already using it.  If she's not smiling because she's created a situation which has led to her maybe shooting the gun, she's smiling because...of the drama?  Creating a good show for TV, meaning attention?  Jace's blinking really took off in this episode, you could see him start to do it as the anxiety hit him during the "wannabe car shootout."

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I might have missed this, but did anyone notice Jenelle's smirk of glee right before she reaches for her gun?  It's like she's thrilled she has a reason to grab it and use it.  I say use it because any time you reach for your gun you have decided the threat is big enough to use it.  Heck, just reaching for your gun means you're already using it.  If she's not smiling because she's created a situation which has led to her maybe shooting the gun, she's smiling because...of the drama?  Creating a good show for TV, meaning attention?  Jace's blinking really took off in this episode, you could see him start to do it as the anxiety hit him during the "wannabe car shootout."

She had that same smirk kind of facial thing going on when talking to Jace about the NRA too. I think she's delusional living with that lout on the Land and truly believed that this was her opportunity to show the world how she's a mother bear and will do anything to protect her son from danger and that she's a powerful, brave woman that can handle a firearm. Like I said, delusional. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Yep. I posted a pic a few pages back.  I know that when I pick up my gun, I’m not ever smiling. It isn’t a toy. To her it is, I guess. 

• Love 5
On 7/27/2018 at 9:06 PM, Jennifersdc said:

I’d love to know who you are Mamadrama. I know a bunch have guesed correctly re DM? 

I read alot of books. Can you at least tell me genre?

Other random thoughts - these bitches drive me insane with the horrendous “Mom” shirts (this includes you Chelsea). I know plenty of Mom’s and none seem to feel the need to exclaim their awesomeness  across their chest.

I meant to reply to this, like, a week ago. Sorry about that. 

Mostly mysteries, a lot of paranormal. I've had some straight mysteries, some paranormal mysteries, some nonfiction paranormals, some cozies, one travelogue, and one nonfiction book about losing a child published. Between my real name and my pen, I'm kind of all over the place but I stick with ghosts as much as I can. :-)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Mostly mysteries, a lot of paranormal. I've had some straight mysteries, some paranormal mysteries, some nonfiction paranormals, some cozies, one travelogue, and one nonfiction book about losing a child published. Between my real name and my pen, I'm kind of all over the place but I stick with ghosts as much as I can. :-)

Love good ghost books.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Ah - I maybe able to figure it out. I’m a researcher at heart. My favorites were ghost stories when I was very young (now semi-old). I had access to alot of books from my mother who got them free from her job and loved going to the public Library (I would bike and spend hours there).

I’ve read mostly history and true crime for the past 20 years (I can scare people with my knowledge of Nazi Germany). But I had a secret fantasy you were Ann Rule. Except I know she’s dead and apparently senile for years before.

Sorry off-topic to Board. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
Edited to add - I assume you’re not Anne Rice.
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Ah - I maybe able to figure it out. I’m a researcher at heart. My favorites were ghost stories when I was very young (now semi-old). I had access to alot of books from my mother who got them free from her job and loved going to the public Library (I would bike and spend hours there).

I’ve read mostly history and true crime for the past 20 years (I can scare people with my knowledge of Nazi Germany). But I had a secret fantasy you were Ann Rule. Except I know she’s dead and apparently senile for years before.

Sorry off-topic to Board. 

Currently reading an Ann Rule book now.  True Crime is about 98% of my book collection. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Currently reading an Ann Rule book now.  True Crime is about 98% of my book collection. 

Sorry - still off topic. My favorite books are Inside the Third Reich (Albert Speer), Fatal Vision (Jeffrey McDonald did it) and Stranger Beside Me (seriously fucked up but awesome Ted Bundy turned out to be a friend of Ann Rule). 

If I can guess who Mamadrama is -  I’ll send her a lengthy multiple choice.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Sorry - still off topic. My favorite books are Inside the Third Reich (Albert Speer), Fatal Vision (Jeffrey McDonald did it) and Stranger Beside Me (seriously fucked up but awesome Ted Bundy turned out to be a friend of Ann Rule). 

I’ve read all except Third Reich. Yay! Another TC fan!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

Trivia: every book in my most popular series is based on a true crime. The most recent release was loosely based on Ireland's Vanishing Triangle. 

On topic: Jenelle lying on camera and chasing him with a gun still pisses me off. She will continue to do this shit until she's had an actual repercussion. Any one of the fucked-up things she has done would send me to jail. She's like a damn cat with 9 lives. 

• Love 9
On 7/24/2018 at 11:37 AM, NickPappagiorgio said:

But it reminded me in my HS the deaf kid had an aide who would speak for him, and she would say all the N-word and associated garbage that came out of his mouth and say it was her job. I kind of want to go back in time and smack the shit out of her. 

But it is an interpreter's job to say exactly what the Deaf person is signing.  Why would you smack the aide for doing her job?  People who interpret are legally obligated to voice exactly what their clients are saying, no matter how racist or horrible it is.

Also, I can't remember who posted it or on what page, they were tired of the women calling each other "mommy" in the Briana scenes.  They weren't using mommy, they were using mami.  While it does mean mommy it's also slang that is used like honey, baby.  It is used between people who are comfortable or affectionate with each other.  There are other uses too, but they aren't all calling each other mommy.  It's my understanding that the use of it can be considered low brow by some groups but not by others.  It's also used for catcalling, like "Hey mama you look hot."   Papi is similar, it can mean daddy if a girl uses it with her father, but if a young woman says it to her lover, it's got a whole other meaning.

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:
On 7/24/2018 at 8:37 AM, NickPappagiorgio said:

But it reminded me in my HS the deaf kid had an aide who would speak for him, and she would say all the N-word and associated garbage that came out of his mouth and say it was her job. I kind of want to go back in time and smack the shit out of her. 

But it is an interpreter's job to say exactly what the Deaf person is signing.  Why would you smack the aide for doing her job?  People who interpret are legally obligated to voice exactly what their clients are saying, no matter how racist or horrible it is.

And if you don't interpret it, nobody has the chance to engage the kid about why he shouldn't be saying things like that.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, akr said:

And if you don't interpret it, nobody has the chance to engage the kid about why he shouldn't be saying things like that.

It's not an interpreter's job to choose what to say for their client.  How would you like to go through your entire life with someone else deciding what to say for you when you didn't say that at all?  Interpreters also tell you everything they hear, good or bad.  They don't censor anything because that isn't their job.  It's also not an interpreter's job to teach someone the appropriate thing to say, there are other people in that kids' life (in anyone's life) who are the right people to correct them.  It's not an interpreter.  

• Love 9
On 8/1/2018 at 7:55 AM, mamadrama said:

Between my real name and my pen, I'm kind of all over the place but I stick with ghosts as much as I can. :-)

I think she means ghost names/writers, not ghost stories

On 7/25/2018 at 2:12 PM, BitterApple said:

Regarding the child support, Kail's bitching and blathering is irrelevant to me. Chris is a deadbeat loser when he wants nothing to do with her, and Prince Charming when he throws some dick her way. She's completely full of shit. 

The other eye-rolling moment for me this episode was Chelsea's faux outrage over the visitation center. She was positively thrilled to replace Adam with Cole, so I don't believe for one second she really gives a damn whether he spends time with Aubree or not. Aside from giving her something to gleefully bitch about, Adam is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

To be fair, while I think this is true, I also think it’s more complicated then that. I don’t think she wants to replace Cole with her baby daddy of the moment, ala Kali. I believe her first choice would be for Adam to be a good father. Since he won’t do that I think at this point she would prefer he just leave their family alone. I don’t think Chelsea has actually done much to stop Adam from seeing Aubrey. What she has done is completely stop trying to make it easy for Adam to see Aubrey. The court said he needs supervised, so that’s what’s going to happen and she and Cole aren’t going to do one damn thing to make that easier for Adam.  I know that seems like the same thing as stopping him, but I think there is a difference. I think I’ve always sympathized with this part of Chelsea’s struggle with Adam because my ex is like a non-addicted, non-violent, nice version of it. I didn’t have to deal with the worst of the Adam type shit, but I did have to a spoiled man-boy who didn’t think he should have to go out of his way for anything or anyone. I quickly learned that putting any obstacles in front of him no matter how small would lead to a complete stop (one of the reasons I decided NOT to have children with him). That’s always struck me as Adams game. He wants to see his kids as long as it requires absolutely no work from him. I know it can be tempting to say the mom should do everything she can to make sure a guy like that stays in touch for that sake of the kids and I won’t argue with that because it is a legitimate point of view. But I also think it’s a legitimate point of view to say it’s never going to be easy enough for Adam and Chelsea will never be able to do enough for him. He will suck her dry as long as she lets him ,just like I suspect he’s doing with his own mother. So yeah, at this point I think Chelsea and Cole would rather he stop jerking Aubrey around and just officially disappear, but if Adam ever really grew up and could be a father to Aubrey I think they would allow that. It’s hard to know since Adam being a father has never really been on the table.

• Love 13

I have to agree with you @FozzyBear. If Adam had been a physically and emotionally present parent but suffered from addiction and was trying to get better, I do think Chelsea would be more flexible.

Chelsea loves Aubree AND Chelsea loves her Dad so much I KNOW she wishes Aubree had that (she has said so herself, and that it’s Chelsea’s fault for choosing Adam). Adam wasn’t a great Dad who got in trouble and Chelsea is now kicking him while he’s down, he’s a piece of shit and has consistently been one. I don’t think he (Adam) cares about Aubree or Paislee outside of the fact that he’s “supposed to”, and he did sign his rights away so that Paislee can be adopted by her step dad (one of the few unselfish things he’s done, that and the vasectomy). 

Im not going to say Chelsea should be doing EVERYTHING possible, because nothing she does will be enough to make Adam want to be a real parent. If his parents weren’t so attached to Aubree he would sign and let Cole adopt her. Chelsea is only human and she isn’t Adam’s mom, she isn’t responsible for making him be a parent. Adam is a grown man who made his choices and now he has to live with them. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 10

Agrees. This situation with Adam is painful for Chelsea to watch with her daughter. She knows how much HER Daddy means to her. She wanted Aubree to have that bond with Adam. Aubree loves Adam. She's not slamming the door shut. She just isn't holding his hand or begging anymore.  

• Love 10

On one hand, I wish my kid's dad would be involved for their sake. On the other, it would be so much easier if he did just completely disappear and never be involved. It would be so much easier for them emotionally instead of the constant back and forth and the disappointment. My son waited all day for his dad to call to wish him happy birthday. I would love to be all hey kids don't count on him, etc but I can't and won't. They'll learn on their own.

• Love 7