Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: The Tale of Two Wolves 2018.07.25

With Hope facing a life-threatening affliction and deteriorating quickly, Klaus travels to Mystic Falls to seek help from Caroline. Tasked with keeping Hope preoccupied in Mystic Falls, Elijah comes to a heartbreaking realization about his niece. Meanwhile, at the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, a run-in with Alaric Saltzman throws a wrench into Klaus' plan.

Promo:

Wait. Are they for real gonna kill Klaus? I'm not ok with that. I mean the girls can't siphon the magic TWICE so unless there is some other crazy way to get the magic into Elijah..it feels like they are really going to do it.

I know he's a bad guy and all that but he's OUR bad guy and I don't want him to die. Elijah could go be with Haley and Jackson and they could have a hot threesome and all but don't take Klaus. Come on show.

• Love 4

Were the 2 wolves Hope/Klaus or Hope/Haley? I think there's evidence to go either way.

Really liked the Hope/Haley scenes. I've grown to really like Hope which surprised me. As backdoor pilots go this almost makes me want to watch Legacies. I probably would have if Caroline was going to be in it.

The Klaroline scenes were FANTASTIC!! I've always enjoyed their chemistry. Quite happy with what we got, hell we even got a bitter reference to Stefan. Screw you Stefan you broke my Sterloline heart ?

The Elijah/Hopes scenes were beautiful but totally sealed his fate. I'm convinced Elijah will die to save Klaus and get the afterlife dance with Haley.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Were the 2 wolves Hope/Klaus or Hope/Haley?

I think the 2 wolves are supposed to be the wolves from the Cherokee proverb about warring natures

Based on this episode alone, it seems to apply mostly to Klaus who's rising above a history of violence, self-interest and power-mongering to sacrifice his life for his daughter.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ursula said:

I think the 2 wolves are supposed to be the wolves from the Cherokee proverb about warring natures

Based on this episode alone, it seems to apply mostly to Klaus who's rising above a history of violence, self-interest and power-mongering to sacrifice his life for his daughter.

Oh that does seem to apply to the show and Klaus in particular. I've never seen that before but, I really like it.

• Love 1

My only thought about Klaus sacrificing himself for Hope was, "Yeah, I've seen this kill Klaus, Klaus will die stuff before, and it never happens."

Caroline and Bonnie made me like a lot of characters I initially despised.  I loved the Caroline/Klaus scenes.  I really enjoyed Caroline telling Klaus, when things looked really dangerous and horrible, she took her daughters to New Orleans to ask Klaus for help and to protect them.  He wasn't the villain in her story.

I also love the consistency of Elijah, his suits, his gorgeous car, his class in leaving that tip for Landon, and his calmness in breaking out of the werewolf cell.  No temper tantrums for Elijah, and he buttons his suit jacket on the way out.

• Love 6
(edited)

This shoe is killing me over here. Cried my eyes out for the last three weeks. I hung on to the very bitter end of Vampire Diaries and I didn't even get misty. This show has always been the best of the two in my opinion and Elijah > Stefan and Damon all day every day. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

This shoe is killing me over here. Cried my eyes out for the last three weeks. I hung on to the very bitter end of Vampire Diaries and I didn't even get misty. This show has always been the best of the two in my opinion and Elijah > Stefan and Damon all day every day. 

I expect I'll get hit next week. I bawled at the end of TVD. Heck, just watching the epilogue with the VO work and seeing Liz, Enzo, Lexi, Damon/Stefan afterlife Reunion still gets me.

Josh was the big cry for me but, nothing in this episode, mostly because I'm convinced that Klaus isn't going to die next week. I never liked Haley so I didn't care about her death although I found the Haley/Hope scene touching, I didn't feel it.

So, if they all meet in the afterlife, what's the difference between that and life? OK they can have babies, grow up...but other than that? Probably no media (phone/tv?), no powers?

Is the next episode the last one?

Someone said that this episode was going to be the one that really leads into Legacies, so I was prepared to dislike it.  But it was ok- I liked Hope's quality time with her father and uncle, and seeing hints at what's become of our TVD characters.  Hope's transformation was pretty easy, considering all the tension leading up to it.  And of course they'd consider using Bonnie again.  Leave her alone!

I was not a fan of her jacket with the cutouts in the back.  Worst leather jacket in the TVD universe. 

Have we seen siphoner witches use spells to siphon? I only remember them siphoning through physical touch, and then using that magic to do spells and things. 

2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

So, if they all meet in the afterlife, what's the difference between that and life? OK they can have babies, grow up...but other than that? Probably no media (phone/tv?), no powers?

It would be cool if they told us more about it all.  Hayley gathering firewood stuck out at me.  People still have to do little things like that over there.

• Love 1

Oh, soooo good. I hope that any TVD fans who didn't watch The Originals get a chance to catch this one. 

A couple questions: did the end of TVD establish that Elena and Damon were living in Mystic Falls? I always assumed they moved somewhere else, to be human somewhere else. But it was super fun to see the name on her practice!

Couldn't Jackson have had ONE line? What's up with that? He was even credited.

I had tears in my eyes during the end of the Hayley/Hope scene. Well done, show, and actresses.

I now don't think that that Legacies trailer actually has any real Originals spoilers, but just in case:

Spoiler

Why are the Saltzman twins apparently played by older actresses in Legacies? Was the decision to age them up made after the spinoff was picked up? I assumed they were about Hope's age, given her comment about them being mean girls awhile back.

Not a spoiler - pretty convinced now that somehow, Freya and Davina will put the Hollow into Elijah. This way, they get another episode out of both characters and probably teary family scenes.

Oh, also loved the scene where Hope told Elijah what Hayley said. Just loved so much about this episode!

10 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Why are the Saltzman twins apparently played by older actresses in Legacies? Was the decision to age them up made after the spinoff was picked up? I assumed they were about Hope's age, given her comment about them being mean girls awhile back.

This puzzles me because Hope is older than the twins. She was born in the timeline equivalent of Season 4 TVD, the twins were born in season 7...

6 minutes ago, ursula said:

This puzzles me because Hope is older than the twins

Then this episode works fine....who knows, maybe Legacies is set a year or two after the Originals finale. I just didn't get that impression from the trailer.

I couldn't point out all the impossibilities and fallacies of Klaus having white oak hidden for decades if I had those decades to do so. And worse it's completely unnecessary Marcel is still Mikaelson-lethal. It's beyond ridiculous and more than a little insulting. Most of the season was setting up for a spin-off and the impending doom of a girl we know can't die, we're given cheesey afterlives that we've seen destroyed instead of the abyss and bloody white oak that survived when the horse was hunted down. I've obsessed over  Mikaelson family dynamics forever and I think Klaus Mikaelson's character is an epic work of art but this season has me part of me thinking season 4 should have been the finale. At this point I almost want Klaus to die even if it's by that damnable white oak just for a change.

Alaric's logic was typically leaps and bounds above the rest of the Scooby gang and even with that low bar his argument of knowing too many dead vampires to be comfortable imagining them watching from the otherside won him my respect (until proposing to Caroline but different tangent) So part of me gets where Alaric is coming from that their kids involved with one of the Klaus Mikaelson's plans can't be good but what exactly does he think would happen if his refusal were the cause of Hope's death? Personally I imagine Klaus backed by his family making everything that happened in tvd somewhat comparable to a paper cut.  And side note is he still  in love with Caroline I realize none of his other love interests lived long for him to move on but really

The Elijah x Hope bonding was enjoyable and Mikaelson-esq with always & forever having them move on without being focused on silly concepts like apologies and forgiveness. Hope's take on the tribrid miracle baby concept and Elijah's reaction to her summarizing how Hayley and Klaus got together made up for the MF tour where they stepped back into 2009.

Little things - Was Elijah saying he should have taken Klaus and left Rebekah and Kol at the mercy of Mikael (and Ester) and would it really have been that difficult to remember how many Mikaelson siblings initially existed? Henrik didn't have to be mentioned by name or even a specific number of siblings saying he refused to abandon the others would have sufficed

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Moxie Cat said:

Oh, also loved the scene where Hope told Elijah what Hayley said. Just loved so much about this episode!

This is part of what keeps me convinced that Elijah will die in the end. It started when Elijah let Haley die. Then with the Elijah/Declan scene and the Anvils really dropped in the last 2 episodes. First we get the Elijah/Andrea flashback last episode and then this one sealed the deal for me. First Elijah spent most of the episode bonding with Hope. Hope forgave him for his role in Haley's death and we got the afterlife Hayley/Elijah dance reminder. After that I was 99.9% convinced Elijah is going to die for Hope and reunite with Hayley

24 minutes ago, Sam Marie said:

And side note is he still  in love with Caroline I realize none of his other love interests lived long for him to move on but really

Oh good it wasn't just me. I really got that impression last night too. I love Steroline and Klaroline but, I felt so bad for him when Steroline was getting married and he brought the girls to see Caroline.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Autocorrect seems to think anvils should be Abigail
11 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

Was Elijah saying he should have taken Klaus and left Rebekah and Kol at the mercy of Mikael (and Ester)

In fairness, only Klaus was in danger from Mikael. And since Henrik basically died because of Klaus's subconscious fascination with werewolves, Elijah taking Klaus away might have saved his life.

11 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

And side note is he still  in love with Caroline I realize none of his other love interests lived long for him to move on but really

Damn. I always hoped that Alaric's "love" for Caroline was situational - he sort of "adopted" her romantically when she became his kids' surrogate, if that makes any sense, and it had more to do with gratitude and wanting to give the twins a typical parental set-up than any real feelings for her.

I also find it insulting that by giving the twins "Saltzman" as last names, they've effectively erased Jo, their real mother from their story.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ursula said:
15 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

Was Elijah saying he should have taken Klaus and left Rebekah and Kol at the mercy of Mikael (and Ester)

In fairness, only Klaus was in danger from Mikael. And since Henrik basically died because of Klaus's subconscious fascination with werewolves, Elijah taking Klaus away might have saved his life.

Fair point, but there's also the idea that Ester became a mother by sacrificing her child and her children's children til the end of time and doing so broke Mikael who in turn further detached himself from his kids and chose Klaus as the target of his abuse not out of suspicion of his parentage but because he 'just didn't' love him. While Mikeal may have targeted Klaus subconsciously realizing the truth there's a decent possibility Kol or Henrik would have taken his place.

3 hours ago, ursula said:
15 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

Damn. I always hoped that Alaric's "love" for Caroline was situational - he sort of "adopted" her romantically when she became his kids' surrogate, if that makes any sense, and it had more to do with gratitude and wanting to give the twins a typical parental set-up than any real feelings for her.

I also find it insulting that by giving the twins "Saltzman" as last names, they've effectively erased Jo, their real mother from their story.

Yes!

The "Saltzman" name choice offended me but it wouldn't have been different if Jo had lived and 'Laughlin' wasn't her real name but an attempt to distance herself from Kai and the massacre which also makes 'Parker' a poor way to honor Jo. Naming them Josie and Lizzie was perfect when Caroline was a surrogate and while Caroline assuming the role of their mother is hard to fault by itself but I also feel that Jo's been forgotten making me wish Lizzie had been named after Liv/Olivia or one of her other siblings instead. Their hasn't been much of the twins and they were so young in TVD that I'm holding a small amount of hope Jo has a place in the spinoff - if Klaus' daddy issues could last 1000 years, teenage girls should have some interest in their dead mother. 

Considering Caroline's part in saving his kids, how she grew to love them and help raise them getting attached or loving Caroline in some way makes sense (is the only thing that does) but despite Alaric's abysmal luck in regards to love he always had an impressive ability to move on. For that resilience to break and Ric be hung up on someone logically it should be Jo. Not just as the pregnant wife murdered mid ceremony and the mother of his kids but because Jo and Alaric had, if not a genuinely healthy relationship than by far the closest thing to it that this fandom's ever seen. Regardless I had to feel for Alaric over Caroline's reaction to him not attending her wedding, like she was also in a state of disbelief Alaric had genuine romantic feelings that were strong enough to elicit that sort of pain. But who could blame her questioning the feelings of a man who proposed knowing that the she didn't love him but would marry him anyway for the kids. Particularly when said children aren't technically hers...

Speaking of... Jackson's aborted attempt to approach Hope resulting in an insane amount of screen time watching his confused face. I imagine they got someone to show Hayley wasn't alone and initially gave him a line as Jack was her stepfather and loved baby Hope. But as a stranger to Hope he really had no place interrupting her limited time with her mom - the only constant in her life, as ridiculous as Jackson's prolonged indecision looked him insinuating himself into their reunion to introduce himself would have been worse. Jackson having loved Hope and getting emotional over seeing her grown up and wanting time with her yet stopping himself makes more sense and it's the explanation I'm choosing to believe.

Are we honestly suppose to ignore the fact that once again Hayley's enjoying her time with Jackson while holding out hope for another chance with Elijah?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Then this episode works fine....who knows, maybe Legacies is set a year or two after the Originals finale. I just didn't get that impression from the trailer.

I believe they've said that Legacies takes place two-three years in the future, since Hope will be 17-18, bringing the Saltzman girls up to the age Hope currently is now. Makes sense they'd recast older.

20 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

I couldn't point out all the impossibilities and fallacies of Klaus having white oak hidden for decades if I had those decades to do so. And worse it's completely unnecessary Marcel is still Mikaelson-lethal. It's beyond ridiculous and more than a little insulting. Most of the season was setting up for a spin-off and the impending doom of a girl we know can't die, we're given cheesey afterlives that we've seen destroyed instead of the abyss and bloody white oak that survived when the horse was hunted down. I've obsessed over  Mikaelson family dynamics forever and I think Klaus Mikaelson's character is an epic work of art but this season has me part of me thinking season 4 should have been the finale. At this point I almost want Klaus to die even if it's by that damnable white oak just for a change.

Them making Marcel "Mikaelson" lethal had to be the most useless thing they've done on this show. He's been backburnered all season and, essentially, damseled as well. Everyone's always after him (bringing Klaus' warning about having a monopoly on power to Freya about the Marcel killing dagger last season all the more poignant.)

4 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

Are we honestly suppose to ignore the fact that once again Hayley's enjoying her time with Jackson while holding out hope for another chance with Elijah?

I mean...yea. LMAO, poor Jackson tho...

Elijah is on my "definitely gonna die" list. If he doesn't die, I'll be pissed because then what was all of the foreshadowing for? Not to mention Elijah actually has friends in the after life, while Klaus only has like...Cammie? Maybe Finn and his father too? Hayley too, I guess. They genuinely seemed to have a genuine fondness for each other now.

oh! And note to everyone wondering about the afterlife that was supposedly destroyed? I believe Bonnie created a new one towards the end of TVD? Except in this one, all the dead creatures can reunite with loved ones. I could be wrong...(I only watched the series finale of TVD)

2 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

I believe they've said that Legacies takes place two-three years in the future, since Hope will be 17-18, bringing the Saltzman girls up to the age Hope currently is now. Makes sense they'd recast older.

That works perfect then, but the trailer seems to make a big deal about the attraction between Hope and the waiter kid, and a time jump would seem to diminish that storyline....which is why I assumed there wasn't one.

I guess we'll see in October! They promoted Legacies pretty hard last night. I never thought I'd be in for another TVD spinoff but I like the Hope actress, and after this episode, I find I just can't quit this universe.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, cherry said:

Can somebody tell me, how can Caroline be okey with killing Klaus? He is her sire and killing an original vampire kills his entire sire line.  So that would mean that Caroline is gonna die too. I just don't get that. Or was the sire bond maybe broken anytime in the past? 

Klaus' sire bond was broken by Davina's and the Strx in s3 of TO. It was a crossover episode with Stefan seeking refuge in NOLA and Caroline & Klaus reconnecting when she him to protect Stefan

On 7/27/2018 at 4:29 PM, Gwen-Stacys said:

Them making Marcel "Mikaelson" lethal had to be the most useless thing they've done on this show. He's been backburnered all season and, essentially, damseled as well.

Marcel supposed to be powerful enough to effortlessly kill Klaus if he wanted to, but he gets slapped around by every Tom Dick and random witch that comes along, he didn't even do that well when he first became a ubervamp and was the villain for a bit. If the writers had actually had Marcel do what he should be capable of doing now he'd probably solve most every plot he's been around for since, and Josh most definitely wouldn't be dead.

Elijah is on my "definitely gonna die" list. If he doesn't die, I'll be pissed because then what was all of the foreshadowing for? Not to mention Elijah actually has friends in the after life, while Klaus only has like...Cammie? Maybe Finn and his father too? Hayley too, I guess.

Unless they both die somehow I can't see where all this is going. There's no way in hell another show starring Hope could work with Klaus around, it's far to much his nature to be constantly butting into everything and stealing her spotlight if he wasn't dead, and they've been telegraphing Elijah's death HARD lately. As much as I think Elijah has pretty much carried every single episode he's ever been in and the Originals show as a whole he's just another character who would steal Hope's thunder on the new show constantly if he were still around. What would be funny is if Rebekah ended up dying to save everybody, she's barely above Finn in how useful in the plot and well written she is as a character. While we've got superwitch Freya who hasn't really been able to do much of anything since she was introduced, but I could see her transitioning to Hope's show pretty seamlessly.

oh! And note to everyone wondering about the afterlife that was supposedly destroyed? I believe Bonnie created a new one towards the end of TVD? Except in this one, all the dead creatures can reunite with loved ones. I could be wrong...(I only watched the series finale of TVD)

Nope, the Other Side then Hell were destroyed, and now the Ancestors place is gone, so Heaven was finally open to everybody who dies like it was supposed to be, or maybe another "afterlife layer" down was uncovered at the very least, one that doesn't actively seek to make everybody in it miserable. That's my interpretation at least.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:52 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Unless they both die somehow I can't see where all this is going. There's no way in hell another show starring Hope could work with Klaus around, it's far to much his nature to be constantly butting into everything and stealing her spotlight if he wasn't dead, and they've been telegraphing Elijah's death HARD lately. As much as I think Elijah has pretty much carried every single episode he's ever been in and the Originals show as a whole he's just another character who would steal Hope's thunder on the new show constantly if he were still around. What would be funny is if Rebekah ended up dying to save everybody, she's barely above Finn in how useful in the plot and well written she is as a character. While we've got superwitch Freya who hasn't really been able to do much of anything since she was introduced, but I could see her transitioning to Hope's show pretty seamlessly.

Agreed. If Nik survives he needs a reason to be gone and not constantly up in Hope's business. And if she is going to fight big bads on the regular on the new show we also need a reason he doesn't try to swoop In to save her.  As far as I can see Caroline also will need a reason to be gone as she doesn't appear in any trailers for the new show. Maybe she takes him away to deal with his brothers death? I can't see the CW wanting to give up a possibility of any of these guys showing up for a sweeps stunt. Networks still care about sweeps right?  I guess I'm still madly spinning ways for Nik to survive this. That Klaroline bit in the square really got me. Why didn't he just kiss her? And as I've said ships on THIS show are not my thing but that whole "not the villain of my story" almost kiss was well done in my opinion. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MissL said:

Agreed. If Nik survives he needs a reason to be gone and not constantly up in Hope's business. And if she is going to fight big bads on the regular on the new show we also need a reason he doesn't try to swoop In to save her.  As far as I can see Caroline also will need a reason to be gone as she doesn't appear in any trailers for the new show. Maybe she takes him away to deal with his brothers death? I can't see the CW wanting to give up a possibility of any of these guys showing up for a sweeps stunt. Networks still care about sweeps right?  I guess I'm still madly spinning ways for Nik to survive this. That Klaroline bit in the square really got me. Why didn't he just kiss her? And as I've said ships on THIS show are not my thing but that whole "not the villain of my story" almost kiss was well done in my opinion. 

My one thought on this goes back to Hope's talk with Elijah about the burden placed on both of them. Elijah by deciding he would protect Klaus and his siblings from Mikael forever and Hope being the savior of the Mikaelson family.

Maybe that's his final sacrifice? Letting her go have a life of her own, away from him and his crazy life?  Who knows maybe Klaus is secretly hiding in the woods all through Legacies, spying on Hope ?

• Love 1

Did anyone else experience problems with their CW station? I recorded this in HD on KTLA and only got around to watching it this evening. The entire episode was highly pixelated and I really only able to listen to the episode as a result. 

9 hours ago, MissL said:
On 7/28/2018 at 11:52 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Acknowledging the tight hold Klaus has kept on his family, I think it's possible we're underestimating him. S3 forced Klaus to entrust Hayley with raising their daughter and saving the lives of all his siblings while remained imprisoned by Marcel - completely and utterly unable to intervene. The start of s4 had him trusting Hayley's judgement when it came to Hope & allowing Rebekah (& Kol) to leave without drama or angst. The finale once again had Klaus relinquishing Hope to Hayley entirely (forever) and all  but severed the influence/control he had over the lives of his siblings. It's worth noting that for the majority of that forced separation Klaus cut out all contact with Hope & later Hayley. Even in s5 he's shown an unexpected amount of restraint , allowing Hope space to grieve and spend potentially her last day among others experiencing life. (Instead of teaching her how to file taxes... or rather evade them)
I haven't seen the trailer and I can't imagine Caroline leaving her kids or the school, the 2-3 years time skip could easily mean an established relationship that's more in the background & less of a presence in the school. As Caroline said Klaus Mikaelson isn't exactly a school selling point. 
- I bloody pray Hope, Josie, Lizzie etc aren't subjected to the supernatural dangers the Scooby Gang were. Isn't the entire point of the school to avoid that - provide a safe place for supernatural kids & give them the chance to be better than the previous generations.

Freya and maybe Keelin visiting has phenomenal potential.

Secure in his containment spell, armed with white oak & already possessing The Hollows power I can't see it can't be Klaus who dies but I'm convinced somehow it will be Elijah. I refuse to believe they would make the finale so obvious that Klaus has already begun to stake himself - here's hoping the loophole is something better than that ridiculous surving white oak

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

- I bloody pray Hope, Josie, Lizzie etc aren't subjected to the supernatural dangers the Scooby Gang were. Isn't the entire point of the school to avoid that - provide a safe place for supernatural kids & give them the chance to be better than the previous generations.

That may have been the point of the school, but I very much doubt that there will be no supernatural dangers to these kids. If parents wanted a safe school for their kids there would have been no students at Sunnydale High, Hogwarts, Mystic Falls High and most other schools on supernatural shows. The Salvatore School is probably not going to be the exception to that rule.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, paulvdb said:

That may have been the point of the school, but I very much doubt that there will be no supernatural dangers to these kids. If parents wanted a safe school for their kids there would have been no students at Sunnydale High, Hogwarts, Mystic Falls High and most other schools on supernatural shows. The Salvatore School is probably not going to be the exception to that rule.

17 hours ago, ursula said:

They could still write a story where the school provides a safe haven for the children, who are then actively seeking danger/adventure outside the school. 

I think there’s a balance to be found. I’m not expecting peace already we’ve seen the easy sale of blood and creation of a hybrid and had someone infiltrate the school to kidnap a student and with the supernatural not even considering the Mikaelson factor… well some things just come with the territory. But even when abducted Hope was never alone she had a father searching who was familiar with the supernatural world, as her headmistress Caroline was actively looking and enlisted the help of a class of student witches. That’s a serious change from the scooby teenagers who had ignorant humans and prejudice council members as caretakers who generally created more complications and danger. And other than the possible exception of the Salvatore brothers Alaric was the sole adult they could turn to for help. I want to see Alaric and Caroline to fill that deficiency, for them to serve as the guidance, support and sense of security that was absent in the past - even if as teenagers they fail to recognize, utilize or all out reject it. Avoid the fear that ruled Tyler, the self hatred that created the ripper as well as the pressure, expectations and sacrifices that defined Bonnie. Without question the supernatural world is dangerous and even as kids inevitable but not being alone surrounded by peers and accessible support should make a difference. Back in s2 Elijah mentioned he believed things would have been different if there had been someone to teach them when they turned and the possibilities if the original family weren’t forced to learn by trial and error and dependent on each other are endless

(edited)

Despite the fact that I love New Orleans and despite how straight up crazy the last few seasons of TVD were, I have missed Mystic Falls. I loved all the little things we got to see in this episode: the plaque dedicated to Sheriff Matt, the sign for Dr. Elena's office, the old dungeon in the Salvatore mansion where everyone gets locked up, the sign for the 90s decade dance, the Miss Mystic Falls mention, etc.

And OF COURSE the town was setting up for music on the square because we need a ball or festival or other event every week in Mystic Falls!

I'm assuming that the commemorative plaque inside the Mystic Grill was for Jenna (not Jules).

Hope likes peanut butter milkshakes with whipped cream on the bottom? What is wrong with this girl? The whipped cream serves no purpose at the bottom! If I hadn't already been questioning her judgment before now, that definitely would have made me wonder where her head is!

Is there anything more adorable than seeing strait laced Elijah in a suit eating an ice cream sundae?

Part of me appreciates that the show wants to bring back some of the old characters before the big finale, which is why I begrudgingly understand why we saw Jackson. But the other part of me is like wait, so Hayley is hanging out with him in the afterlife just killing time until Elijah dies so they can finally be together? Is Jackson cool with that? On the plus side, they didn't let him talk so I didn't have to hear his strangled frog voice again.

I laughed when Caroline told Klaus that he was never the villain in her story. Nope, she was just villain adjacent when he was terrorizing her best friend Elena, murdering Elena's aunt/guardian, attacking the town they lived in and a bunch of people she knew including Tyler who she referred to repeatedly as "the love of my life," but whatever. Paintings of ponies and snowflakes!

I loved that Alaric's automatic reaction to anything to do with Klaus is just NO. I can't really blame him though since nothing good ever happened when Klaus comes to Mystic Falls. Let's see, there was the moonstone ritual where Klaus killed Jenna and Jules, the time Klaus and Hayley teamed up to murder a dozen hybrids, the time that Klaus blackmailed Stefan into flipping his switch so he'd have a ripper playmate, and oh, yeah, the time that Klaus possessed Alaric's body. So yeah, Alaric seems to have a pretty good list of reasons why he would shoot first and ask questions later when it comes to Klaus.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:54 PM, Moxie Cat said:

A couple questions: did the end of TVD establish that Elena and Damon were living in Mystic Falls? I always assumed they moved somewhere else, to be human somewhere else.

At the very end of the finale, Elena says that after med school, she came home to Mystic Falls because that's where she wanted to grow old. She's at the cemetery dressed in scrubs writing in her diary and then Damon shows up to walk home with her.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:29 PM, Gwen-Stacys said:

Elijah actually has friends in the after life, while Klaus only has like...Cammie? Maybe Finn and his father too? Hayley too, I guess.

To be fair, Klaus has no friends on the other side because he's a dick who kills, tortures, or otherwise offends just about everyone who crosses his path. Elijah, on the other hand, managed to cultivate alliances, friendships, etc. with people (some of whom Klaus murdered so imagine who awkward the afterlife will be when they're all hanging out together).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But the other part of me is like wait, so Hayley is hanging out with him in the afterlife just killing time until Elijah dies so they can finally be together?

In Hayley's defence, Elijah is an immortal creature and even harder to kill than a regular vampire. Is she supposed to stay celibate in the afterlife forever waiting for the very small chance that Elijah does get killed?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

In Hayley's defence, Elijah is an immortal creature and even harder to kill than a regular vampire. Is she supposed to stay celibate in the afterlife forever waiting for the very small chance that Elijah does get killed?

No but, it's a bit shitty, IMO. I mean Poor Jackson was a place holder in life and now in the Afterlife. 

Honestly, it would have been better to not have Jackson there at all (even though it was her wolf family). However, I get that it's series finale time so there's always going to be old characters popping up. 

Seeing Liz and Jeremy again in TVD finale made me emotional (sad, happy, respectively).  Seeing Jackson just made me feel sorry for the poor guy all over again.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

At least in the afterlife Jackson must think that he has a better chance because Elijah is out of the picture and unlikely to suddenly show up. Of course many posters here are speculating that Elijah will take the place of Klaus and sacrifice himself in the finale. If that happens I'll feel bad for Jackson.