Type keyword(s) to search

Seven Year Switch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Dollars to donuts CW has an Ashley Madison profile.

Oh you know he has one.  First of all, free Rachel! I came into this show late, so I missed the first few episodes.  CW is totally that guy who treats his wife like shit and is relaxed and human-like with his mistress.  I think he treated this exercise as an extended "recharge" session. The minute Rachel came back to him, he went right back into his previous behavior.  

Houston at least learned to appreciate his wife.  Leah showed him what continuing to ignore Aleshia might happen if he didn't straighten up. And I will be damned if I will be married to someone who told me I was not allowed to go into any room in the house we lived in together!  Seriously, I'm the type of woman who would have spent every waking moment in that room I wasn't supposed to be in.  I'd even sleep in there.

Danielle isn't that bad of a person; I figure that if you are a major Type A personality, you would not choose someone so laid back to be your lifemate.

• Love 3

Wow. Aleshia's playa seemed to actually learn some things and came quite a ways from how he started out. I don't think Aleshia has a mean bone in her body and it was nice that both men appreciated her. Loved when Neal told his dad that she was gorgeous but more importantly she had a good heart.

Neal could very well be the most indecisive flip-flopper on the planet. My hopes of him ending up with Aleshia have been shattered but maybe that's not such a bad thing. His problem seemed to be more lack of direction than lack of communication that the wife kept mentioning. Thought his pastor was cool. One of my favorite parts of the show was when he whispered thank you to Aleshia and told her she's so awesome... I was admittedly relieved when he chose to leave his captor, Dr. Doom. Her tattoo couldn't save that sinking ship.

I still can't stand Danielle and think that boy is going to live a hard life. He'll never do anything up to her standards and will have to work on his mind reading skills. I think she's arrogant and a huge PITA.

Rachel's problem may be self-induced because she chose him but I still feel sorry for her. Ugh. That guy. Can't add much to what's already been said, but I can certainly understand why he thought he might always be single. What a jerk.

Good reading all your posts! All the best, until next time!

• Love 2

The only thing I could think about was what is going to happen when Rachel and her husband are sitting down in their living room to watch the series..... and she sees the footage of him drinking with Danielle.

THAT is a moment I would almost sign up for pay-per-view to watch!!!!

• Love 3
Houston at least learned to appreciate his wife.  Leah showed him what continuing to ignore Aleshia might happen if he didn't straighten up. And I will be damned if I will be married to someone who told me I was not allowed to go into any room in the house we lived in together!  Seriously, I'm the type of woman who would have spent every waking moment in that room I wasn't supposed to be in.  I'd even sleep in there.

LMAO! I'm with you on that one. Leah didn't do much, but she sure shook Houston's ass up.

Wow. Aleshia's playa seemed to actually learn some things and came quite a ways from how he started out. I don't think Aleshia has a mean bone in her body and it was nice that both men appreciated her. Loved when Neal told his dad that she was gorgeous but more importantly she had a good heart.

Neal could very well be the most indecisive flip-flopper on the planet. My hopes of him ending up with Aleshia have been shattered but maybe that's not such a bad thing. His problem seemed to be more lack of direction than lack of communication that the wife kept mentioning. Thought his pastor was cool. One of my favorite parts of the show was when he whispered thank you to Aleshia and told her she's so awesome... I was admittedly relieved when he chose to leave his captor, Dr. Doom. Her tattoo couldn't save that sinking ship.

I think Neal saw having kids as the ultimate get out of jail free card. Even his father was like, you've never wanted kids your whole life. On the one hand, I was on his side to leave and was sort of with the idea that the two of them could make a go ... and then I remembered how he treated his wife when she gained weight, and how looks-struck he was. But still, it doesn't excuse an affair - if it's that bad, you leave. But then again, your husband is making you feel like the least desirable being on earth, so you kinda want to show him somebody wants your ass (literally) even if he doesn't - and you want to shove it in his face NOW, not later. So nobody is a great person or winner in this.

• Love 1

Four couples in Australia are at a crossroads in their relationship and will get the chance to live with a stranger for two weeks, in an experimental marriage, to help determine if different traits and characteristics in a mate could make their marriage stronger. After revealing their plans to their shocked families and friends, they pack their bags, set some ground rules, dwell on their hopes and fears before emotional farewells and teary departures.

The first one was on this week already. I saw the first season with the ones here and they were really kind of boring people with no much of a personality to any of them I thought. This one I figured I'd give it a shot after seeing the adds. Should be interesting since 2 couples have kids.

Oh and it is Tuesdays its on.

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2

You found the personalities dull at this point?  I am awful with names, but the guy from the couple that postponed their wedding immediately got my "selfish a##hole" radar pinging like crazy.  And the male fitness trainer just seemed like he's going to be completely disrespectful of his marriage while he's with his "experimental wife" (based on future scenes, really).  The couple I'm pulling for most right now is the one with the 11 month old daughter - the husband works two jobs and is really into motorbikes.  I think that the wife seems like she has been a deep depression for years, and she could possibly benefit from counseling. I am in no way qualified to make such a diagnosis, but that's what it looked like to me. I'm on the hook for this season.

ETA:  I don't know if this kind of "radical social experiment" is a good idea for anyone, but especially for those with kids.  Then again, I'm no "expert."

Edited by Mlle. Kitty
My opinion about adding kids into the mix
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2016 at 9:18 AM, Mlle. Kitty said:

You found the personalities dull at this point?  I am awful with names, but the guy from the couple that postponed their wedding immediately got my "selfish a##hole" radar pinging like crazy.  And the male fitness trainer just seemed like he's going to be completely disrespectful of his marriage while he's with his "experimental wife" (based on future scenes, really).  The couple I'm pulling for most right now is the one with the 11 month old daughter - the husband works two jobs and is really into motorbikes.  I think that the wife seems like she has been a deep depression for years, and she could possibly benefit from counseling. I am in no way qualified to make such a diagnosis, but that's what it looked like to me. I'm on the hook for this season.

ETA:  I don't know if this kind of "radical social experiment" is a good idea for anyone, but especially for those with kids.  Then again, I'm no "expert."

No not these people being dull but the ones they had the first season this was on. It was just Seven Year Switch at that point. Not an Aussie version at all. This time around they seem to have more personalities to them so far. Well not sure on the one mom though. Can't remember her name but she had the dark long hair and was whining about not being who she used to be (which agree she could be depressed and need help if so). I get major creepy vibe from the one guy. The fitness trainer guy. I can bet he has not been faithful at all. The other guy you are talking about does come off selfish for sure but not asshole like compared to the trainer for sure. Yet if something does go down with the trainer and that girl......that dude is better off since they didn't get married yet. I was surprised they pulled ones in that had kids. I think those couples could be more respectful of boundaries though and stuff....at least I hope so. Hopefully things work out in the end for those 2 couples with the kids after doing this. I will say that with this show, the whole one bed thing is kind of shitty on the shows part really. Should be 2 beds there and IMO no reason for there not to be. 

BTW, the guy and girl engaged....IMO they don't need a big expensive flashy wedding. Not like a tv that price is needed either but the fact is many weddings that end up spending so much to make it flashy don't always last. Sometimes small is a lot nicer and can mean more. To me the fact that she wants to spend so much on a wedding at all seems to me she is kind of selfish in ways as well. 

• Love 1

I'm new to this one. I'd like to try to find the other ones too & get a binge watch going. I must admit though, I hate the idea of this for any couple; too risky. Yes they definitely should have 2 bedROOMS, not just separate beds. It's obviously inciting trouble. But you'd think they'd at least behave knowing there's a camera on them... what am I saying this is 'reality TV' - LOL.

This seems to have disappeared from FYI's lineup; three episodes aired, but the most recent aired in mid-November, but nothing since. I've looked at the next two weeks of FYI's programming, but it's gone - not even any repeats.  Has anyone heard anything about this being canceled?

17 hours ago, Mlle. Kitty said:

This seems to have disappeared from FYI's lineup; three episodes aired, but the most recent aired in mid-November, but nothing since. I've looked at the next two weeks of FYI's programming, but it's gone - not even any repeats.  Has anyone heard anything about this being canceled?

I was wondering what happened as well.

On 12/1/2016 at 4:50 PM, Mlle. Kitty said:

I noticed the January mentions, too, but I was left with the general impression that it was for "Season 2."  Odd. 

I saw the commercial for it tonight and it is for season 2. So not sure where the rest of the down under season went. Really messed up to air some then nothing. Which btw, from the commercial I saw, it seemed blah.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I saw the commercial for it tonight and it is for season 2. So not sure where the rest of the down under season went. Really messed up to air some then nothing. Which btw, from the commercial I saw, it seemed blah.

For what it's worth, it looks like all ten episodes can be viewed on Australia's Channel 4 website.  Here's the link: 

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/seven-year-switch-australia

I haven't tried watching any yet, but probably will at some point. 

• Love 1

Thanks for not spilling. I tried to get the videos to work but they would have me click to confirm things because of content or something but then never would start up. So will have to see if I can get them to work another time or some place else. 

• Love 1

So still no word on why they aren't airing this to the end. I don't use social media but poked around there FB page a bit and it seems a few are asking there and one person is asking in all their posts. I don't get why not answer somewhere about it. Even if its not the answer anyone wants...they just need to say something. Now they are just pushing the next season. SMH

• Love 1

Well I emailed them to ask what was up with it and this was the reply I got 

Greetings,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We do not have any information as of this time. Please keep an eye on social media and our website for any possible updates.

Kind regards,
A&E Support

So no real reason at all on it of course. I doubt anyone is getting answers on the FB page either. I haven't looked at that again though but I will assume not considering how the email went. I would be lost trying to do anything with Twitter. I came across the one thing I did before by just doing a Google search and it was one of the options I got back. LOL I'm not registered under any of that stuff though but at least with show pages they are open for all to see. Its just a shame the channel is ignoring those asking about it and not finishing things up or even offering it online for us to see. 

• Love 1

Ms. Queen, I commend you for your efforts!  I attempted to submit a question via their website but my iPad apparently didn't know how to open a new email and just gave me an odd error message, which only frustrated me more than I had been already due to the lack of info on their website.  I hope that made sense.  And it sounds like you and I are about equal with regard to Twitter knowledge.  Thank you for posting their response.  It's an oddly amusing reply - "Sorry you wasted your time by choosing to watch our network. We don't really know if/why we stopped airing it, but keep an eye out for possible updates which may/may not be posted on our website or on social media." It must not have been getting enough viewers, but I'd imagine FYI 's threshold wouldn't be very high to begin with, so...?  :-)

Hey I figured I'd try. Didn't hold any high hopes over a real answer. I think you summed it up well on how it was given too. Agree I don't think they have very high viewer numbers to begin with. Its one of those odd channels. I think my friend said she doesn't even get it on her cable. Its one of those that I would never have watched or looked at really but because I had seen an ad for a different show its how I came across it and saw then this show later on. I noticed lots of repeats of Storage Wars on there now. Which I assumed was maybe in hopes of gaining viewers to check out their other shows. We will flip Storage Wars on when nothing else is on and we saw the Down Under advertised so many times during the show. If ratings are that bad then why bother with another season with the U.S. couples? I can't imagine ratings would be better for that one at all. I swear the excuse of bad ratings (not saying its the case here since we don't know) for taking a show off now is pathetic too. How can a show take off and hope to get ratings by word of mouth when 2-3 episodes later its gone. SMH 

• Love 1

Ms. Queen, sorry for the late reply - I hope you've been enjoying the holidays.  FYI's programming decisions are an enigma, I agree.  I've never been into Storage Wars but my husband and I used to watch Shipping Wars and we never got around to deleting the series recording (new episodes only) after it was canceled a year or two ago.  Suddenly, we noticed new episodes had been recorded; however, upon checking the episodes' descriptions, we saw that these "new" episodes were simply mislabeled reruns from prior years.  

I agree with everything you've said about 7YS.  I wonder if there could have been something else that caused them to stop airing 7YSDU - I know there was some post-show drama between two of the couples, and without potentially spoiling anything, perhaps Australia has some kind of "cease and desist" legal mechanism that could have prevented FYI from airing any more eps?  Who knows.  Regardless, I'm still in for the second season of the U.S. version. :-)

Again, Happy Holidays! 

First show aired last night. There's 4 couples and I'm still trying to learn their names. Two African-American men, 6 white folks. Here's how I remember them (which may not be what you remember, or even how they really are! but hey, we gotta start somewhere!)
Aaron and Heather - Personal trainer (AAM)  and she does all the everything around the house, martyr-type blonde.
Dustin and Jaclyn - They live in RV, he's ex-military/pro-fighter, she's a Hooters manager, bossy-type blonde.
James and Kelsey - White guy with beard, dark-haired princessy type
Tony and Liliya = really tall guy (AAM) and ER doctor, dark-haired type A lady

Edited by Drogo
Per-episode threads.
  • Love 3

Dustin seems to think that this experiment is a hall pass to cheat...he even mentioned he almost picked up someone in the hotel bar prior to meeting his "new" wife Kelsey (who is also thinking this is an excuse to party) and was hoping she would be hot.  This will not end well.

• Love 6

I was coming just to write the same thing about Dustin.  I had to rewind it.  Did he say he didn't go to her room because there was another man in there?  No wonder his wife looks like she's getting ready to cry at any given notice.  And every time they show the preview where she's crying black mascara tears, the first time I saw it, I thought it was blood.  Don't know why I did, but I did.  

Aaron's (the personal trainer) wife is very pretty.  Can't remember her name.  Heather? 

I wonder how the couples from last season are doing these days? 

• Love 3

After watching the first episode of this, I had to make a log-in name here just to snark on the awfulness of Dustin. He seems so immature but the fact that his wife puts up with him makes her look like a loser herself. When they showed that preview for the full season at the end and Kelsey said to Jaclyn something like Dustin doesn't care about you, it almost looked like Jaclyn thought Kelsey was trying to break them up & get with her man & then they cut to what looked like her in a wedding dress and him in his military uniform getting married. 

Side note: right now I am in love with Tony and can see him doing no wrong.

• Love 3
On 1/4/2017 at 6:42 PM, Palomar said:

Dustin seems to think that this experiment is a hall pass to cheat...he even mentioned he almost picked up someone in the hotel bar prior to meeting his "new" wife Kelsey (who is also thinking this is an excuse to party) and was hoping she would be hot.  This will not end well.

I am very excited about this show.  

Dustin is not only an asshole, he seems like a dim bulb as well.  He thinks this is an opportunity to party and DATE?  Omg.

Why are there so few comments?  I wonder how this show does in ratings.

• Love 2
On 1/7/2017 at 5:14 PM, 8th Light said:

After watching the first episode of this, I had to make a log-in name here just to snark on the awfulness of Dustin. He seems so immature but the fact that his wife puts up with him makes her look like a loser herself. When they showed that preview for the full season at the end and Kelsey said to Jaclyn something like Dustin doesn't care about you, it almost looked like Jaclyn thought Kelsey was trying to break them up & get with her man & then they cut to what looked like her in a wedding dress and him in his military uniform getting married. 

Side note: right now I am in love with Tony and can see him doing no wrong.

Dustin is an immature fuck. If this is how he thinks of marriage, a) he's probably cheated before. B) He's not ready for marriage.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:58 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

I was coming just to write the same thing about Dustin.  I had to rewind it.  Did he say he didn't go to her room because there was another man in there?  No wonder his wife looks like she's getting ready to cry at any given notice.  And every time they show the preview where she's crying black mascara tears, the first time I saw it, I thought it was blood.  Don't know why I did, but I did.  

Aaron's (the personal trainer) wife is very pretty.  Can't remember her name.  Heather? 

I wonder how the couples from last season are doing these days? 

Rachel and CJ are divorced. I don't know about the other two.

• Love 2
On 1/6/2017 at 7:25 PM, TVlovers said:

Has anyone tried and had any success on Channel 4? I keep hitting "accept and play" and nothing ever happens after that.

I have not even tried.  Evil Queen did, but she ran into similar issues.  I wonder if it's restricted to only allow viewers in Channel 4's country to watch?  

I thought it was sweet that Tony (tall guy) cooked for Heather (pretty blonde), even though she clearly had a hard time just sitting there while he did so. But then he ruined it by mixing the spaghetti into the pot like it was ChefBoyardee or sumthin.... Sauce goes on top, please!  Okay, really, I'm just trying to draw someone out who's watching this show. We all agree Dustin is a douche.  James (white guy who is not Dustin) is so nondescript that I couldn't even identify him out of a lineup... but when he and Jacklyn (blonde) were talking about how they felt like parents "raising kids" (their spouses), I wanted to slap them and say "so STOP doing it. Stop the enabling! Stop the condescending stuff! Take care of yourself, and let your spouse feel the consequences of being a child in a grown body."

Anyone? Anyone? Don't leave me alooooooooooooone!

• Love 4

haha, I'm here, too - this show is the worst idea ever, except maybe for *Kiss Bang Love* which is unbelievably bad, but SYS is my kind of trash!

It's obvious some of these people aren't married at all - not in their heads, anyway - and are clearly going to hook up. That's the whole premise, anyway - we watch not to see if this "therapy" will help, but to see who's going to cheat on their spouse. Right?

Maybe it will serve as a cautionary tale for those who treat marriage so casually, and how much suffering this kind of stuff really can cause when they do.

• Love 4

I watch, too; wouldn't miss it!  Last season, I thought that Aleshia, who borrowed Neal for a few weeks, handled the time with class and brains. She ended up with him admiring her and her player husband realizing what a good woman he had/has. I was hoping for more like that this season.  

The new group is something else.  Kelsey is a dog in heat and I feel badly for her husband, James.  Liliya appears ready to go that route as well yet she seems to have the nicest husband who's ever taken a breath of life. I think Heather leads a hard life with Aaron and I hope she enjoys the time without that condescending tool. What can you possibly say about Dustin?!  I've seen 16 year olds with more sense. Jaclyn scared me when she said he'll be better after the ceremony.  Girl, run!  I think this season will be a train wreck...

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Zanne505 said:

The video they showed of the drunk couple (the 'kids') closing the bedroom  door for bed was BRUTAL. It will be interesting to see how this footage will affect their 'parents' 

Those two hooked up that night. No question about it.

• Love 3