Type keyword(s) to search

Seven Year Switch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In my view, the biggest loser on the show is James by a million miles!!! He is just such a doormat for such a lackluster average woman and that shows me he's to blame for allowing her to run amuck, all because he's such a cowardly idiot. I believe the show will end with James being just as blind as before and I hope Kelsey just continues to wipe the floor with him, he deserves it. When you allow a person to run roughshod over you and don't do anything about it, you deserve more pain for not learning and growing.

Jaclyn needs to boot Dustin since he's a man child but her prospects look far brighter than James despite her issues of insecurity. Even scarier is that she tries in vain to help idiot James realize that his wife is a whore and that is just so sad considering her own issues reinforcing how weak James is and how he deserves the treatment he gets.

The other two couples aren't even a factor here and their issues are small solvable ones so no point in mentioning them.

Edited by ioniancat21
  • Love 1

Since Kelsey is so impressed with Dustin because he's fun, starts drinking at 10 in the morning and makes her feel like a woman, I keep wondering how happy she would be with life in an RV and relying on him to subsidize her shopping habits.  Wonder how far that smokin' hot body would get him then.  

• Love 1

I don't see any of those marriages lasting for the long term. The afterglow slowly fades and the problems reappear. When difficulties arise and there is a lot of stress, people revert to their old behaviors. I'm just happy that there are no kids in any of these marriages. The show should be offering the couples lifetime marriage counseling and foolproof contraception forever.

• Love 2

I didn't tune in until midway through so maybe there was some back story on these couples. I'd really like to know what brought Kelsey and James together. They seem like a total mismatch. Lily's wants someone stronger than she is as a husband, Heather wants someone to take care of her and of all of them, Dusrin and Jaclyn will probably last because they are both so messed up. She will take whatever Dustin dishes out and he's charming enough when he's pretending to be sorry that she buys whatever he tells her. She could catch him f'ing someon else and excuse by saying he was to polite to refuse or he was drunk or it was the skank's fault. Kelsey needs to figure out what she wants and stop drinking. I wonder how James feels after seeing the show on TV. He's pretty moralistic....

• Love 2

I didn't tune in until midway through so maybe there was some back story on these couples. I'd really like to know what brought Kelsey and James together. They seem like a total mismatch.

***Story was that Kelsey's parents really liked James because he was such a nice guy and pressured her to marry him, but apparently Mom & Dad ignored the fact that K&J had zero chemistry together. No marriage is going to be a happy one like that. I don't blame Kelsey for wanting what she wants, but keeping James for financial support and security while seeing guys like Dustin on the side to take care of sexual needs is a gigantic recipe for disaster.

***But I think that's all Kelsey learned from "switch therapy:" that she can do exactly that, bald-faced lie about it to everyone on national TV, and get away with it. So look for her to do it again.

Dusrin and Jaclyn will probably last because they are both so messed up. She will take whatever Dustin dishes out and he's charming enough when he's pretending to be sorry that she buys whatever he tells her. She could catch him f'ing someon else and excuse by saying he was to polite to refuse or he was drunk or it was the skank's fault.

***Dustin is a player who likes having a wife to take care of the homefront but isn't about to give up the fun and games on the side. And like Kelsey, he just learned that he can have it both ways even while lying about it on national TV and Jaclyn will forgive him as long as he blames the skank for coming on to him - exactly as you said.

***We've all been given a big lesson in exactly how players operate, both male and female. Hope Jaclyn and James were paying attention, but gee, I don't think they were.

Edited by Drogo
Quote formatting issues.
  • Love 3

When Dustin impregnates another woman and a DNA test says that he's the father, Jaclyn will still be burying her head in the sand. She'll blame the other woman for forcing Dustin to have sex with her. I've seen and met a lot of stupid women over my years and unfortunately there are a ton of desperate females out there who will put up with so much shit. So sad. Find some self-respect, ladies!

If Kelsey's father loves James so much, then maybe he should have married James himself or at least adopted him. 

• Love 2

I think Kelsey may have really believed what she said about Dustin leaving Jaclyn for her.  She certainly was smug until she realized that wasn't happening. Suddenly No Game James became a better option.   

I'm happy I didn't tune in to see the finale and will probably never tune in again after the weakness I saw displayed in the few previews I saw online. I expected Tony/Lilia and Aaron/Heather to make it and that's great. What disgusted me was the other two couples and the weak end result. Why did these people even come to therapy to begin with if they were going to be cowards. They deserve the problems they get and I hope that Kelsey and Dustin are on the phone with each other every night now and that they run roughshod over their spouses, since they deserve the poor treatment they get. If you don't command respect, you don't deserve it. I hope they get dragged through the mud if this is even real.....

Kelsey flat out said she had no respect for James. He didn't even seem surprised! He just sat there. No emotion, no nothing. How could either of them feel comfortable in that marriage? From Kelsey's perspective, she laid out a grievance and this man didn't even flinch. From James, the woman you married and supposedly love said she doesn't respect you as a human. That is not something that fixes itself or goes away. If they're serious, I hope they get counseling. Individual and couples. 

Jaclyn is so fucking far gone it isn't even funny and that's all I'm gonna say about that whole situation. 

Lilya and Aaron want their partners to be super  career oriented and successful right up until Tony/Heather weren't home enough to clean up the house or cook a damn meal, then it would be an issue. The thing with Lilya was she wanted Tony to have a career and goals, so he decided on real estate, but she didn't want that for him. He did what you asked him to do, the hell you want from him?

I'm glad they decided to work it out and continue their marriages, I just can't see either of them truly working unless they actually try.

• Love 1

Ok so was this the final episode or is there one left?  Does this show do a reunion episode?  If I have to hear the words "smokin hot body" one more time I'm gonna stab someone.  I loved how Kelseys parents seemed disgusted with her behavior.  I like James and all but he looks like a weak loser to just brush off his wife's antics like he does. On a shallow note, both of them have let themselves go since the wedding (per that home video clip they show) so Kelsey doesnt really deserve a smokin hot bodied man since she's not working on her own body.

On 2/22/2017 at 5:48 PM, ralph said:

does Kelsey know that Dustin lives in an RV park? There's nothing wrong with that, but she seems pretty spoiled and materialistic and I don't think she'd be ok with that.

How true. They were attracted to having no responsibilities as much as they were attracted to each other. 

It was strange that in their purported "two weeks later" video James and Kelsey were wearing the exact same clothes they had on during the final interview with the experts.  And they weren't doing something fun together like shooting hoops or a family do (not touching the wedding one), just sitting at home making some dinner.  

I think Aaron/Heather and Tony/Liliya seem like smart enough and nice enough people that they will notice if they are backsliding and go find help to polish up their couple skills.  I wish that, like with Hoarders, the show offered aftercare and had a little note at the end saying it had been offered to the couples.  They really need more time with counselors than just a few visits to get really well grounded in communicating skills.  

I figured the show had one partner chat with their parents and another with a friend just for variety, but I thought James' and Dustin's friends were duds at giving advice and support.  

Ok I think I got myself caught up on this and watched it all. All I have to say is that if Aaron/Heather work on there issues they could last. It seemed Heather just wanted him to cook sometimes, help clean, and just be there if she is upset and needs him to listen to her. I am not sure about Tony/Liliya because of her. I don't think she wants to give up the control in the relationship. She isn't happy he wants to do real estate. Even when he said this is what he wanted in front of the whatever you want to call them (relationship counselor???) you could tell she was faking the support for him. She didn't even look him in the eyes but had the back of her head to him. He honestly seems like a good guy too. I don't think she would be happy with anything he picked as a career though. As was said above the second she comes home to a place that wasn't cleaned by him and no meal ready by him, she will be upset he is working. 

As for Kelsey/James....they need to split. There is nothing there to save. She is texting with Dustin behind their backs. Its like move on already. She only married him to please her parents...which right there is pathetic on her part. He needs to find himself a lady that is more mature then Kelsey will ever be at this time...or maybe ever. He needs an equal. That whole telling him Dustin was a man...I wanted to smack her. He should have told her off and said they were done right there. Major lack of respect for her spouse. 

As for Dustin/Jaclyn....she is stupid as shit. As it was he said he went on a date when he was put up in the hotel before being sent to meet Kelsey. Does she really think that is the first or last time for any of this crap? Then to believe him that its all Kelsey with the flirting and wanting to screw around....if she really believes that she probably should be looking at the texts and seeing what he is saying because there is no way its one sided. Obviously they need to just cut their looses and move on from each other. If Kelsey and Dustin want to hook up (which I wouldn't be surprised if they already did) then let them at it and those other 2 need to find respectful people to be with instead. 

On 2/9/2017 at 8:33 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

If Jaclyn watched the tapes and still thought it was a good idea to stay with that creep, there's nothing anyone can do for her. She's going to have go learn the hard way. I hope they don't have kids any time soon.

Agree. He said he went out with someone the night he was sent to the hotel. Then how he was acting with Kelsey and the texting. Man she is stupid if she thinks its everyone else's fault but his for what goes on. She should have been wondering what the heck was going on every time he went out drinking with his buddy and she didn't go. Hopefully they don't have kids at all if that is how their marriage will end up being. SMH

I saw an interview he did where he tried to say his words were all twisted and he was going off at the show. Sure reality shows do that but at the same time its also words he said and what he was doing that is picked up. Its hard to hide douche. 

• Love 1

If you are a man and your wife says (to your face) that her temporary spouse "was different than you because he's a man"... she hates you and will never stop hating you. 

That said, James has to be the most boring person I've ever seen; I've never met someone so dull in my life.  I can't imagine what drew these two together.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Drogo said:

If you are a man and your wife says (to your face) that her temporary spouse "was different than you because he's a man"... she hates you and will never stop hating you. 

That said, James has to be the most boring person I've ever seen; I've never met someone so dull in my life.  I can't imagine what drew these two together.

Kelsey said she only married James because her family really wanted her to. But families tend to ignore chemistry. Just like the experts over at MAFS, lol, and then they wonder why it works on paper but fails spectacularly in real life.

• Love 3
On 3/6/2017 at 11:30 AM, Drogo said:

Agree with that first part. While he did seem dull, I think the one lady from last season was even duller. Can't remember her name but she was the one that was trying to be a "singer".  I could see James at least not being dull if the right person was around but that one lady seemed like she would be dull no matter what....heck even her songs were dull. LOL

Even though she married him because of her parents there still had to have been something that brought them together before that point. I just took it as she was dating him and the parents adored him and wanted them to get married so Kelsey settled. I am going to bet there is more to it then just her parents being so into her marrying him...like a if you marry him you will get this from us for life sort of deal and if she married a shmuck like Dustin she wouldn't get whatever....it could just be she thinks she has to do whatever to please her parents but I am betting there is so much more to their story then said. I can't imagine them lasting much longer though. I wouldn't be surprised if her and Dusting still were in contact as well after all this time. 

• Love 1

I just found this wonderfully trashy show On Demand, and I couldn't be happier. 

Both Dustin and Kelsey seem like immature jerks and a train wreck waiting to happen. Their respective spouses are getting along now, but I can see the woman start to crave that bad boy element again. Kelsey kinda seems to take pleasure in talking smack about James, which is worrisome for the health of their relationship.

If I could have snuck onto the show to be married to Tony, I would have. So far he seems so incredibly sweet and caring. And Heather seems like a nice person herself. Their respective spouses seem like they could have been the total power couple had they met each other years ago.

• Love 1

Are you guys talking about the USA version of the show?

I caught this on TV here in Australia and to me it seems an interesting oddity.

I caught a few episodes of this show "Seven Year Switch" and to me it just seems really off. I mean if these are actual real people off the street and it's not partly scripted why the hell would you go on a national TV show with a potential audience of millions and air all your dirty laundry for everyone to see?

Why would you do that unless you are not real people and just potential actors doing a script..

It's so funny reading all of this stuff, I actually met Dustin before I heard about this show. Watching it, knowing how staged, and edited everything is, is hilarious. Super nice guy too.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:33 AM, Coco Pops 67 said:

Thank you...... I wasn't sure if I should bring it up.

I'm watching the Australian version of the show and it makes me cringe. But it's that kind of thing like a car crash where you can't not look.

It is a good question. Agree its like the car crash you can't look away from. I haven't ever seen an Australian version here. Tried to but couldn't get them to work here for me. They were playing one but then stopped it after a few episodes. That was messed up. I just don't get the doing this show or any reality show honestly. Especially if its airing dirty laundry on your life or relationship. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Magikarp said:

It's so funny reading all of this stuff, I actually met Dustin before I heard about this show. Watching it, knowing how staged, and edited everything is, is hilarious. Super nice guy too.

Do tell more, Magikarp!  Inquiring minds, and all that. 

• Love 1

Last update:

Kelsey and her husband broke up before the show aired. She then found out she was pregnant. She went thru the pregnancy alone but they got back together after their daughter was born. There is a long video about her journey but she rambles a lot and says "like" 1,000 times. See video below and here is her instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/kelseyvenkov/

Oh and it looks like the 3 couples who had a child/are still pregnant all had girls. 

Liliya and Tony are still together, just no babies yet.

They are now casting for season 3.

Edited by AZ Curls
  • Love 2
On 1/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, AZ Curls said:

Aaron and Heather are having a baby. There are pics on both of their instagrams. And both of them have pics from an odd beach photoshoot which looks more like a wedding scene than a pregnancy shoot.

https://www.instagram.com/aaronasapfit/

https://www.instagram.com/hldewall/

I liked those 2. They seemed like a good couple compared to the others really. So good for them but yes those pics are odd. It looks like they made friends with Tony and Liliya. Which I didn't care for Liliya. She is one of those that came off very full of herself. Since you posted those links I glanced at her instagram and it shows she is very full of herself. Even her picture with 2 women in their doctor coats and she is posing like she does in her other ones. She looks better IMO without the makeup overly done too. She looks more real even with the posed looked going. LOL 

On 1/3/2018 at 4:08 PM, AZ Curls said:

Oh and I guess Jaclyn and her doucheface husband are still together, still living in an rv and also pregnant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/crack3rJAC

It looks like she had the baby. I clicked on the one that was going to her instagram and there are pics of the baby. Plus all her showing her body off from working out to baby bumps and one that comes off to be as a whine that she doesn't have a flat stomach again a week after having the week. *rollseyes* Guess she assumed working out all the time while pregnant would magically make it like she never was or something. 

Interesting on Kelsey and her husband. I hope he asked for a paternity test to make sure he was the dad. I may watch the video when I can find the right mood to do so. LOL 

Jaclyn was stupid and still is stupid for sticking with that guy and now a baby with him. SMH Plus if they are seriously living in the rv still then why on earth bring a baby into that? Why not get a home of some sort. It just isn't the most ideal life IMO.

BTW, for those that don't watch both shows, I wonder if they do by chance find couples for another season (still annoyed they never showed all the Aussie one they started) who they will find to take place of the one lady "therapist". She is now on Married at First Sight and looking like she had some really bad work done to her face. I don't remember her looking all duck face all the time with her had needing to tilt like it does on that so far. Or dressing like she does with that one. Which it figures really with MAFS. SMH 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2018 at 6:08 PM, AZ Curls said:

Oh and I guess Jaclyn and her doucheface husband are still together, still living in an rv and also pregnant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/crack3rJAC

Thanks for all the updates AZ Curls.  Was just thinking about this show and Arranged the other day.  I'm glad they're casting for season 3 but hoping they move it to Lifetime like they did with MAFS.  I can't get FYI in my cable package.  

I did like Aaron and Heather so very happy for them.  Heather was probably one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen on TV.  Jaclyn was in such denial about her shitty husband. And Kelsey.  I really hope she's grown up and stepped up as a mom.  She looks a lot different with the lighter hair.  I might listen to it on my lunch.  

15 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Jaclyn was stupid and still is stupid for sticking with that guy and now a baby with him. SMH Plus if they are seriously living in the tv still then why on earth bring a baby into that? Why not get a home of some sort. It just isn't the most ideal life IMO.

I had a good laugh at this.  I know you meant living in the RV but I just pictured them as these little pocket sized people living in a TV.  Especially since they were on TV once.  

15 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Which I didn't care for Liliya. She is one of those that came off very full of herself. Since you posted those links I glanced at her instagram and it shows she is very full of herself. Even her picture with 2 women in their doctor coats and she is posing like she does in her other ones. She looks better IMO without the makeup overly done too. She looks more real even with the posed looked going. LOL 

Liliya had a beauty YouTube channel she was trying to start up.  What bugged about her was her desire to be like a Kar-Krash-ian.  

10 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

had a good laugh at this.  I know you meant living in the RV but I just pictured them as these little pocket sized people living in a TV.  Especially since they were on TV once.  

LMAO Glad you knew what I meant. This is what happens when you have a T and R next to each other and typing fast. 

10 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Liliya had a beauty YouTube channel she was trying to start up.  What bugged about her was her desire to be like a Kar-Krash-ian.  

Why does this not surprise me? I agree she seemed to want to be like that. She came off about herself and nothing else. For someone that supposedly was so into being an ER doctor you would think that is not the way they would behave but I just felt everything was about her and had to revolve around her as well in her marriage. While he seemed to good of a guy for her I thought. 

• Love 2
On 5/31/2017 at 9:20 PM, Evil Queen said:

It is a good question. Agree its like the car crash you can't look away from. I haven't ever seen an Australian version here. Tried to but couldn't get them to work here for me. They were playing one but then stopped it after a few episodes. That was messed up. I just don't get the doing this show or any reality show honestly. Especially if its airing dirty laundry on your life or relationship. 

Queen, one year has passed since your post and I’m STILL salty that they stopped airing the Aussie eps!  ??

(edited)
On 5/28/2018 at 2:43 PM, Mlle. Kitty said:

Queen, one year has passed since your post and I’m STILL salty that they stopped airing the Aussie eps!  ??

Me too! I, also, can't believe they are doing another season of this mess. 

Edited by Evil Queen
(edited)

Four couples partake in an experimental marriage with a complete stranger for two weeks.

In this episode, we meet the couples; Bobby & Rosslyn from Pasadena, TX - together 11 years (married for 6 years), Angela & Tony from Norfolk, VA - together 7 years (married for 5 years, according to Angela, 6 years according to Tony), Diane & Reece from Los Angeles, CA - together 10 1/2 years (married for 10 years),  and Charles & Kenya from Dallas, TX - together for 12 years (married for 10 years). Charles & Kenya have been separated, living apart, in the five months prior to the beginning of the show.

Switch couples:

Tony & Kenya, Charles & Angela

Bobby & Diane, Reece & Rosslyn

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added switch couple pairings
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

This concept is so incredibly stupid for anyone who actually wants to improve their marriage... but I'll be watching anyway.

THIS!  This show is going to be an absolute train wreck... and incredibly entertaining.

• Love 3
(edited)

I would think participants would find it easier to jump ship from the marriage if they dipped their toes in the waters of single life.  It would be easier to envision a life beyond current spouse.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I don't see any of those marriages lasting for the long term. The afterglow slowly fades and the problems reappear. When difficulties arise and there is a lot of stress, people revert to their old behaviors. I'm just happy that there are no kids in any of these marriages. The show should be offering the couples lifetime marriage counseling and foolproof contraception forever.

I was wondering about the kids too. Some of them HAVE to have kids with as long as they are married. I think they are keeping any kids out of it all, due to the obvious backlash to TLC for these kids having to see this stuff.

Besides, what could possibly go wrong? 4 couples already having problems paired up with people who are more like them than their spouses. Thing is, of course anybody can put their best foot forward for 2 weeks. No wonder some will think the switch partner is better than their spouse. TLC really scraping the bottom of the barrel here or else they know that all this drama sells.

• Love 3