Type keyword(s) to search

Seven Year Switch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Anyone notice that Jaclyn was more mad at Heather than she was her own husband when she watched the tape? 

I also think there needs to be activities/excercises each day that teach them stuff and make it obvious why they are in this experiment.  It seems like no one explained to them exactly why they are doing this experiment (Dustin & Heather seem too dumb to understand and personal trainer & Armenian seem to think there's nothing wrong with themselves).

• Love 4
On 1/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, Evil Queen said:

Yeah it did the same for me. I figured it was a restriction even though it wasn't saying that. I haven't had time to even try to watch the new season. 

Oh, Queen, you're missing out!  It's a train wreck, especially with regard to two of the couples. This show makes me feel icky on one hand, as the notion that "switch therapy" could be a positive thing for any marriage is, IMHO, bullpucky; on the other hand, I keep watching.  

Just a small correction: Heather is the tiny weepy blond who is married to Aaron in real life, and whose "experimental" spouse is Tony, the very tall gentleman.  Jaclyn's target of anger is Kelsey, the dim bulb that was placed with Jaclyn's husband, Dustin.  And I agree that Kelsey and Dustin did the deed the very first night.

I got the impression that Dustin doesn't realize that he is legally married already.  He seemed to think that the courthouse ceremony was only so Jaclyn could receive military benefits, and that he won't "really" be married until they have the church ceremony.  I'm being this on comments he made in a previous episode.  Both Dustin and Kelsey seem very immature and generally not at all bright.

• Love 1

I still love Tony too.  I don't know what it is about this show and Married at First Sight, but I get a couple episodes in lose interest. Last night was blah to me and I just want them all to get divorces already.

• Love 2

I liked the part where aaron realized what it was like to be with someone emotionally closed off  (doctor girl wouldn't get in the pool)

i would love to know crazy blonde girl's childhood history. I think there might be a reason she acts the way she does.

I am so sad married at first sight went so downhill. Loved that show. Unfortunately i still watch (when is it starting again?)

• Love 1

Which is crazy blonde girl, Zanne? I thought the two blondes were the most decent of the four.  Jaclyn seems fun and Heather is cool but needs to cry less. Of the brown hairs, one is self-absorbed and the other seems like a spoiled child with no boundaries.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Zanne505 said:

i would love to know crazy blonde girl's childhood history.  I think there might be a reason she acts the way she does.

For me, Jaclyn seems like she's been hurt and taking care of herself for a long time, and has no patience for "taking care of" a partner.  She deserves better than Dustin or James. 

Dustin's entire scuzzy existence is a mouthless blowjob and a waste of perfectly viable organs; I could have punched him through the screen for victimizing himself because he's not supposed to have sex with someone else's wife.   He and Kelsey will learn nothing from this experiment because spontaneous no-boundaries irresponsible people are extremely fun... for two weeks.  It's a few months later when shit hits the fan: she gets pregnant and doesn't go out with him anymore, the power's off because no one paid the bill, creditors are calling about massive credit card debt. 

Tony and Heather are everything and I want them to buy a farm+raise bunnies+share a bed+jacuzzi+cook dinner for each other for all of eternity and make humongous and beautiful sweet babies.  The only person who can appreciate someone who gives that much is someone who knows how much effort goes into that giving; Liliya/Aaron don't understand the value, and I don't think two weeks will be enough time to learn.

• Love 5
On 1/20/2017 at 11:53 AM, Mlle. Kitty said:

Oh, Queen, you're missing out!  It's a train wreck, especially with regard to two of the couples. This show makes me feel icky on one hand, as the notion that "switch therapy" could be a positive thing for any marriage is, IMHO, bullpucky; on the other hand, I keep watching.  

If I ever get things situated for me I will have to sit and try to watch it off their site one day soon. Might take a few days but will get there. LOL

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Kareem said:

Which is crazy blonde girl, Zanne? I thought the two blondes were the most decent of the four.  Jaclyn seems fun and Heather is cool but needs to cry less. Of the brown hairs, one is self-absorbed and the other seems like a spoiled child with no boundaries.  

I meant Jaclyn. Her jealousy and anger towards the brunette and complete denial with her husband really made me scratch my head. The other blonde appeared normal to me, maybe lacking a bit of confidence.....

• Love 2
On 1/26/2017 at 11:00 PM, Evil Queen said:

If I ever get things situated for me I will have to sit and try to watch it off their site one day soon. Might take a few days but will get there. LOL

I hope you find it as messy and unbelievable as I do. ?

On 1/12/2017 at 11:16 AM, TeapotWakeen said:

I thought it was sweet that Tony (tall guy) cooked for Heather (pretty blonde), even though she clearly had a hard time just sitting there while he did so. But then he ruined it by mixing the spaghetti into the pot like it was ChefBoyardee or sumthin.... Sauce goes on top, please!  

Tony is obviously the BEST.  And he made spaghetti the proper (Italian) way - cook the pasta and add the pasta to the sauce in the pan.  BUT he did something for which I cannot forgive him.  He F-ING ADDED KETCHUP TO THE SAUCE!!!!!!!  

I do know that this is a "thing" in the south, but I cannot deal with it.  Ketchup does not go on pasta EVER.  I am gagging at the thought.

Interesting that they met with the spouses before their 2 weeks was up. I don't remember them doing that last year. I LIKE IT.  Gives them a chance to check on the baloney their fake spouses have been putting out there. Or -- as we seem to see Dustin-man-child gearing up to do -- stir up some major SHIT that is going to have time to fester until they're back with their real spouse. This should be interesting.

How did I miss the first season of this show?  This is the kind of trash I LOVE to watch. 

Let me get this straight: Dustin and Kelsey had drunken sex together during which she railed about how boring her husband is and now Dustin wants to blow things open by telling James all about it? Is that what Dustin was referring to when he complained to the psychologist that Kelsey was different on camera than she is in private?

In any event, James needs to dump Kelsey and Jaclyn needs to dump Dustin asap. 

Both Tony and Heather are so underappreciated in their marriages. Aaron and Liliya seem like nice people and aren't mistreating their spouses consciously (at least it doesn't appear as such). They are just so driven that they don't allow themselves to take a minute to reciprocate the support from their spouses. Aaron doesn't need a wife as much as he needs a cook and housekeeper; same holds true for Liliya. If both Heather and Tony stay with their spouses and things don't change, they'll become more and more resentful after living through The Switch.

I hope Jaclyn starts to place the blame where it belongs (i.e., on Dustin). Even though Kelsey was obviously flirting with him, he COULD have told her to stop instead of encouraging it. Personally, I can't stand it when a woman blames the other woman for her boyfriend's/husband's/spouse's transgressions. The other woman wouldn't do it if the person's spouse wasn't receptive. Jaclyn, Dustin is a friggin' tool. He doesn't want to be married. Get a backbone, find some self-respect and get rid of that enormous jerk.

James seems like a really nice guy who needs to find a nice wife who values him, doesn't spend all his money and acts like an adult.

• Love 2

Ugh! I promised myself I would stop watching this awful show but I can't quit.  Ok so here is my theory as to what happened with the Dustin & Kelsey love fest... After having sex and promising Dustin that she would leave James for him he then told her that he lives in an RV with a roommate.  She immediately became disgusted with him and is now trying to mend her relationship with her husband by actually trying to learn something from this stupid switch therapy thing.  Dustin is now so hurt that Kelsey is rejecting him he is going to tell James truths and even lies to get them to break up and make her look bad.

I can't believe Kelsey talked down about Jaclyn's looks when she met her.  Yeah her face is not as cute as say Heather's but her body is insane, I wish my body looked like hers. 

• Love 5

Much like Married at First Sight, this show is not really interested in helping anyone to find/get a better relationship. They're interested in creating drama for ratings.

MAFS's real premise is, "Will two total strangers have sex now that they're legally married?"

7YS's real premise is, "Will two people in troubled marriages have sex with each other, now that we've done everything we possibly can to push them into doing that?"

Having said that, I still watch. It's all great TrashTV (tm) but it's silly to think that either show is anything more than a setup to get strangers to have sex with each other.

• Love 1

i didn't even know this show cameback for a second season...damn this Kelsey girl is a slut.

i just had an idea. someone should do a "sexy" counter. let's count how many times Kelsey uses the word sexy

Edited by ralph

i almost threw up in my mouth when Dustin said that Kelsey and James wouldn't last because she "needs a bad boy" like him". you're a grown ass man. not a "bad boy". anyone over the age of 23 still walking around calling themselves a bad boy needs to be castrated.

• Love 2

Someone should have explained to Dustin, in simple terms he might have possibly understood, just what exactly he would be expected to do there.  Kelsey appears to be what some of these Switch women must hope they never come across - The Hobag.  Sad how she seemed fine with hurting her husband with her words via Dustin and fine with hurting Dustin's wife.  Her parents must be so proud... 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, okerry said:

James is a mild-mannered beta male. Dustin is more of the alpha type. That's what Kelsey is looking for and that's what "bad boy" is usually code for.

Alphas take care of the females in the pack, and have a tremendous amount of respect for them.  They're hard-working providers, and they don't pick fights. 

Dustin's more of an Alfalfa Male.

the-little-rascals-(1994)-large-picture.Little-Rascals-Darla-quote.png

• Love 5

First of all, I think I've heard enough of the word "like" to last me the rest of my life. Stop saying that! It makes you sound stupid!

Am hoping that Jaclyn wakes up and realizes that Dustin is a dead end. He drinks way too much, doesn't seem even close to ambitious and is totally untrustworthy. The psychologist basically told both her and James to wake up, find some self-respect and stop wasting their lives with spouses who really don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. 

Aaron will sustain his newfound enlightenment for about a week or 3 home-cooked dinners, whichever comes first. Liliya will never allow Tony to be an equal partner; she's too much of a control freak.

ETA--I would loooove to see this show on The People's Couch, if it ever returns.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 4

I confess that it made my night when Kelsey said she told Jaclyn in a colorful way that Jaclyn meant nothing to him, and he said he never said that. The dumb look on her fat head was priceless.  Hoping Tony and Heather go home with newfound back bones.  I liked seeing the light bulb go on for Aaron  and hope he realizes that someone as self-centered as himself may not be ideal. Get a gym buddy. Liked, too, the way Liliya and Heather handled their talk, and thought Liliya was gracious when reporting back.  Good that James and Jaclyn had Charles the Blunt available to provide the reality check.  Doubt it sinks in but nice try.  Still think Dustin is a waste of skin.   

• Love 2

My main takeaway from this episode is that I want Charles to be my friend.  Secondary thoughts: Kelsey and Dustin are both deserving of being treated as children, because their maturity level COMBINED doesn't even take them out of teenager-level immaturity. Grade school, perhaps. PS -- Charles, call me, let's hang out!!

• Love 2

My jaw dropped when Dustin said he wasn't a "boy-  he has a big penis"'-

I literally laughed out loud at the stupidity of that.  And, didn't he say "gigantic" or some other hysterical word? I mean, dude was totally serious!!!!!

• Love 1

Interesting episode. I think this was one where, as trashy as the premise is, the Show succeeded in doing some good.

If it made Jaclyn realize that she's married but her "husband" isn't - that he sees her only as a convenience for sex and maid service - then it did some good. 

If it make James realize that his wife is a cold-blooded user who married him because her family liked him and that she will do nothing but use him for security while looking for hot guys to bang on the side to make up the difference - then it did some good.

I don't blame girlfriend for wanting to get laid right and proper, but hey, Kelsey, disrespecting your husband in the process while still using him for what he's worth is NOT the way to do it. If you're not attracted to the guy and he can't/won't provide what you want - which sure seems to be the case here - the Get Out. Go find somebody you do want and set him free to find somebody who does want him.

That probably isn't Jaclyn - I think James is too beta for her in the long run - but there's somebody.

Kudos to the counselor for spelling it out for Jaclyn.

• Love 3
On 02/06/2017 at 6:42 AM, okerry said:

James is a mild-mannered beta male. Dustin is more of the alpha type. That's what Kelsey is looking for and that's what "bad boy" is usually code for.

Dustin is not an alpha male. He's an over-aged jock frat boy stereotype.

Edited by ralph
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ralph said:

Dustin is not an alpha male. He's an over-aged jock frat boy stereotype.

Yebbut, Kelsey's reacting to him like he's an alpha, and like many women confuses the asshole-ness with alpha-ness. This can explain why so many women stay in very bad relationships.

• Love 2

It's a given that Kelsey and Dustin are both idiots but Jaclyn is too.  I was surprised over on the FYI Facebook page that Jaclyn has so much love.  Her whole business of wanting to punch Kelsey is ridiculous and drama inducing.  I get the anger, but channel that towards your husband.  So many women get mad at the other woman and she owes you nothing.  Your husband is the one who made the promise to you.  I don't know if she's ignoring the red flags that are slapping her in the face or just enjoys playing the victim, but she's not any better than Dustin  or Kelsey.  

• Love 2

ShaNaeNae, can't remember after which episode I posted the same thing but it drives me crazy when women blame the "other" woman, when they should be blaming the boyfriend/husband. HE was in a relationship with you, HE knew he shouldn't be cheating, HE was supposed to be loyal.  The other woman can easily be shut down just by refusing the her advances. If Dustin somehow explained away his behavior and Jaclyn bought it, she's a fool. Guess Dustin convinced her that what she saw wasn't really what it was and he was just playing to the camera so he could become a reality show villian.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 1
On 2/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

It's a given that Kelsey and Dustin are both idiots but Jaclyn is too.  I was surprised over on the FYI Facebook page that Jaclyn has so much love.  Her whole business of wanting to punch Kelsey is ridiculous and drama inducing.  I get the anger, but channel that towards your husband.  So many women get mad at the other woman and she owes you nothing.  Your husband is the one who made the promise to you.  I don't know if she's ignoring the red flags that are slapping her in the face or just enjoys playing the victim, but she's not any better than Dustin  or Kelsey.  

It might be my imagination but I think that Kelsey and Dustin 'hooked up' off camera. They were way too hands on to have kept their relationship at a respectful distance. 

9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It might be my imagination but I think that Kelsey and Dustin 'hooked up' off camera. They were way too hands on to have kept their relationship at a respectful distance. 

i think pretty much everyone agrees, chances are high that Kelsey and Dustin had sex.

I think I am supposed to feel some sort of angst or sympathy for Jaclyn, all I got is idiot. She reminds me of a co-worker I had years ago a beautiful girl with long blonde shampoo commercial hair but such a total bitch that in the end it was only ugliness that you saw. That's Jaclyn exactly. In the end she was just begging Justin to lie to her.........wtf? That's all I got............wthf?! I was kind of hoping that Justin <or Dustin?> and Kelce had hooked up because Jaclyn was just a little self righteous.

I did feel sorry for James. He seems like a real nice guy but maybe no one ever told him that it is really hard to turn a ho into a housewife.

Edited by Arienne
wanted to acknoweledge James

It seemed Tony was more concerned with one thing that didn't happen than James was with the countless things that did happen.  

Fifty Shades of Hobag could not have been more blunt yet he continues to act surprised.  Think he needs to wake up and realize what he's dealing with. smh

• Love 2

I agree about not feeling too sorry for Jaclyn. My guess is she was great fun before marriage but now she expects that to completely turn off and Dustin should become a 9-5 boring husband. He's a narcissistic creep for sure but did she really think that would change with vows?? It IS like living with a mom for him. I don't think Heather'a husband will change for long either. And how DID James and Kelsey get together??? I can't imagine their wedding night... I don't think Lilya respects Tony deep down. 

2 hours ago, Kendra143 said:

I agree about not feeling too sorry for Jaclyn. My guess is she was great fun before marriage but now she expects that to completely turn off and Dustin should become a 9-5 boring husband. He's a narcissistic creep for sure but did she really think that would change with vows??

Jaclyn wouldn't be the first woman in the world who thought she could change her husband after they got married. Before my son got married he asked me what advice I would give someone and I said that if you think you're going to change someone, you're not. Also, to repeat what the female Psy. D. said, what attracts you in the first place oftentimes is the very thing that eventually turns you off.

I'd bet the farm on it. The female therapist was alluding to that when she saw the body language going on between Kelsey and Dustin when she visited them. Even Stevie Wonder would have "seen" it. Dustin rationalized it by believing he was on a "break" so it was okay (even though he knew it wasn't.....didn't they discuss "boundaries?") while Kelsey couldn't give a shit if she was hurting James because she loathes him anyway. All the alcohol consumption was yet another excuse to do whatever they wanted without a care about how it would ruin their relationships. 

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 2

Jaclyn is a bit obnoxious.  She's seems like the type that is going to live off of being the victim in this marriage for a long time.  I think she knew what she was getting into and thought she could hold out until he grew up.  She probably thought his stint in the military would instill some discipline.  She's deathly afraid of everything she might hear or learn whenever someone says "Do you want to know what Dustin's been up to?"  She knows what he's been doing she just doesn't want anyone else to know because then she has to make a real choice about her marriage.  

If nobody else knows/tells her that her husband is a lying, obnoxious child-man that is about as found of her as he is of the stray cat hanging around the trailer park then she can continue pretending.   If everyone knows then she might have to leave so she can continue to pretend that she's a strong, independent spirit.  I say might, because she still might be able to change him. [/wishfulthinking]

That said, she still doesn't deserve to be dragged like this.