Type keyword(s) to search

Seven Year Switch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This is the worst possible idea for a show. I can't wait. Saw the first one, now looking for the second. Anybody else here watching? They gave the woman who's already cheated - and isn't sorry - to the playboy who ignores his wife. Gee, what could happen there? And the cheating husband with the cheating wife got the playboy's model-gorgeous wife, who feels ignored by the playboy! No idea . . .

This is the worst possible idea for a show. I can't wait. Saw the first one, now looking for the second. Anybody else here watching? They gave the woman who's already cheated - and isn't sorry - to the playboy who ignores his wife. Gee, what could happen there? And the cheating husband with the cheating wife got the playboy's model-gorgeous wife, who feels ignored by the playboy! No idea . . .

I'm watching. I still can't figure out how it is different from Wife Swap . . . except for the single bed, of course.

I'm in. Watched what I think is the first episode tonight ( the couples move in with each other).

I was struck by the fact that so many of them were concerned that the person they were matched with was going to be attractive.

This  show will probably suck, but I'll give it a few episodes.

Well, now, hmmmmm...

Not sure what is going on with the one guy who wouldn't spend time with his wife. He just seems kind of mean spirited.

As for the rest, looks like further episodes will reveal why they are having the problems they do.

I don't get the premise of having them sleep in a single bed. To me it is not edgy, just compromising to their real marriages. At that time I think I would have backed out.

But they signed up for it so....

I'm in. I think the people are interesting. Agree with VanSensei, wondered how/why these couples got together in the first place. I like the way the husband acts with the model looking woman. So far. ;)

(edited)

Neal is a nice guy, but he seems way too "into" the switch. Even before he saw Aliesha, he seemed way too excited to get away from his wife and be with another woman for a while.

I still can't figure out how it is different from Wife Swap . . . except for the single bed, of course.

Are you serious? Wife Swap is so clearly about family dynamics. The way children are raised, housework, and family time are major points in Wife Swap. This show is focused on couples.

Edited by ralph

The woman with the player, Leah? She doesn't strike me as being warm and fuzzy but I admire the way she told her temporary husband about her affair in an attempt to point out his priority problems. They seemed to get along well enough but wow, she certainly turned on him in a hurry. Looking forward to seeing them all meet each others' spouses...

I am watching this show. There have been 3 episodes now (as of 7/22).

There are a lot of fillers and teasers so I'm not sure if I've missed anything.  For example, in the first 2 hour episode they implied that the the couples would be told that their spouses are actually living with each other. That hasn't happened.yet that I saw.

I think Leah and Hou are the most despicable. Leah can't seem to take responsibility for her cheating, and even wanted her husband Neal to take blame for "cheating" when it seemed that he slept with someone when they were broken up due to her infidelity. I was horrified by her reaction to the therapist saying "you need to forgive yourself for cheating."  She immediately piped up "Oh, I've forgiven myself!" I get the sense she is one of those people who can't apologize.

I think this show is full of opportunity for shameful drama, I just wish it moved a little faster!

• Love 1

I'm watching too. Leah is awful, followed by Houston. Woman, get off the bench and help him clean up your opened cup of lemonade you left on the fridge shelf. I hate when my kids do that. She's all about her and hell no she's not apologizing.

I think Alicia (is that her name?) is the sweetest lady. She just seems so soft spoken and attentive, Houston is very lucky.

The bigger guy with the glasses can be funny, but don't like him much. I did laugh at his feeling awkward when Rachel asked him to listen to her song. When he said, "she's staring at you and lip synching" as they show her doing just that. CW is ok, albeit a little boring. I don't know why I don't care for Rachel. She seems nice enough, but she's not a fun or as funny as she thinks she is. And her nose drives me nuts. Danielle is very pretty, but not much out of her either.

The first episode dragged on and on. We know, you're nervous about the experiment. I did laugh when they showed the individuals pictures and they showed Leah's it said, "She's looking for someone unforgiving...". Yeah.

The show has been pretty dull so far, but I'm still watching! I can't stand Aleisha. I'm not sure if it's her baby voice or the fact that she doesn't seem very smart. I missed the first episode...so what's her deal...she just stays home with no job? No kids? And picks up after the husband?

Yep, new show tomorrow!

Let's see Leah and Hou show their asses some more!

Was anyone else bothered by the way Dr. Shapiro mocked Danielle with his weird buzzing noise and meter reading (the gesture with his arms)? It seemed really unprofessional to me and I don't blame her for getting upset. It also destroyed any trust she might have had in him as a counselor.  Admittedly, this is probably pretty low anyway because they're on a reality show, but seriously. Bad form, dude,

And then, instead of CW saying "uh, that was kind of effed up man," he takes the opportunity to lean in and dish about how *his* wife would never do that. He doesn't seem to have made the connection that the doctor could just as easily be mocking his wife about something.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode!

Looking forward to tonight, too! I didn't fault the psychologist too much for trying to point out to Danielle that she's really wrapped tight. If he can't tell her, who will? Her temporary husband, Ned Flanders, probably won't.

I get that FYI has a patent on botched editing but I wonder where it went so terribly wrong with Leah and Hou. The broken glass? The hot tub that made her think he was making fun of her infidelities? I don't know if her gripes are real or imagined but she still seems like the Grinch. She's making him look good, which I didn't think was possible.

Have to admit, I sometimes want to hit the mute button when the man boy speaks. Temporary Mrs. man boy may not be everyone's bag but I think she's right about his inability to handle a serious conversation. Their segments I find exhausting.

I also didn't understand the model woman talking about wine tasting as they went off parasailing. Would love it if he kicks the Grinch to the curb, she gets rid of the player who treats her like indentured help and they live happily ever after. Then again, it's only three episodes in...

• Love 1

Looking forward to tonight, too! I didn't fault the psychologist too much for trying to point out to Danielle that she's really wrapped tight. If he can't tell her, who will? Her temporary husband, Ned Flanders, probably won't.

I get that FYI has a patent on botched editing but I wonder where it went so terribly wrong with Leah and Hou. The broken glass? The hot tub that made her think he was making fun of her infidelities? I don't know if her gripes are real or imagined but she still seems like the Grinch. She's making him look good, which I didn't think was possible.

Have to admit, I sometimes want to hit the mute button when the man boy speaks. Temporary Mrs. man boy may not be everyone's bag but I think she's right about his inability to handle a serious conversation. Their segments I find exhausting.

I also didn't understand the model woman talking about wine tasting as they went off parasailing. Would love it if he kicks the Grinch to the curb, she gets rid of the player who treats her like indentured help and they live happily ever after. Then again, it's only three episodes in...

OMG SO MUCH AWESOME!

Yes yes yes - CW is Ned Flanders!

I don't have my thoughts completely gathered about Leah, but I think she's your standard narcissist.  She does what makes her look good.  That scene of her reading the bible in the first episode? Staged. By her. She doesn't like it when she looks not good - that's why her husband also had to admit to an "infidelity."  I also noticed she was the only cast member who didn't tell her family about the experiment. She told a friend.  

Hou seems to me like your standard wanna be player.  Whether or not he'd actually intentionally follow through with infidelity remains to be seen, but I think he likes skating right up to the edge. Maybe with Leah that's more dangerous (and sours him on her a little) because he thinks she might actually cheat.

As for that scene with the glass...I agree that's where things went south.  The way I watched it, he totally expected her to clean it up (not completely unfair since she left the glass in there), but then talked about her doing it in a douchey way. I can't remember what he said, but I remember thinking "that would piss me off." So she put it back on him and he didn't like that. His wife Alescia(?) seems like a sweetheart and a pushover.

The one chick drinks a lot. But maybe it is editing because who normally drinks right before they go down a hill snowboarding? I mean, okay, you could toss one at the bar, in the cabin or somewhere before getting to the hill. But do you carry the bottle (a fifth, no less) with you?

And I am confused about the cheating (Alisha's husband). Why is he not forgiving of her cheating. He cheated also. I may be missing a point or two here. And I can't blame Alisha for not liking the experiment and wanting to go home. 

(edited)

I find it hilarious that Hou and Leah are growing to hate each other and are realizing how lucky they are to have spouses like Neal and Aleisha, meanwhile Neal and Aleisha can't get over how amazing they both are and how terrible their real spouses are compared to their experimental spouses

Edited by ralph
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

anyone remember the scene in the first episode, when the doctors were at Aliesha and Houston's house and they were giving them a tour. Houston took them to his "studio" and said that Aliesha isn't allowed inside, and the camera pans towards her...and true enough she stands there, stopped at the doorway like a trained dog, just peeking in, afraid to step any closer.

he has no right to treat his wife like that. it should not be that serious.

I don't have my thoughts completely gathered about Leah, but I think she's your standard narcissist.  She does what makes her look good.  That scene of her reading the bible in the first episode? Staged. By her. She doesn't like it when she looks not good - that's why her husband also had to admit to an "infidelity."  I also noticed she was the only cast member who didn't tell her family about the experiment. She told a friend.  .

Aliesha and Houston told couple friends, and Rachel told friends as well, I believe

The show has been pretty dull so far, but I'm still watching! I can't stand Aleisha. I'm not sure if it's her baby voice or the fact that she doesn't seem very smart. I missed the first episode...so what's her deal...she just stays home with no job? No kids? And picks up after the husband?

apparently she models, is in college, and volunteers (i think at hospitals or homeless shelters, or something like that)

I really dislike everyone on this show with the exception of Aleshia and Danielle's husband.

I think they would make a nice couple.

Everyone else can go jump in a lake.

How ridiculous was it that C.W. got mad about the eye thing, COMPLETELY forgetting that he drank like 10 hours into the experiment when he agreed not to.  He's so controlling. 

• Love 3

How ridiculous was it that C.W. got mad about the eye thing, COMPLETELY forgetting that he drank like 10 hours into the experiment when he agreed not to.  He's so controlling.

And it looked like he continued to drink with Danielle after hearing that his wife was upset about the drinking (at least I assume Danielle mentioned that to him).  The thing is...this is a very risky "experiment".  I'd be more worried about sleeping in the same bed than drinking together or staring into eyes.  Not sure about the others but it definitely seems like Leah and Houston are sleeping in one bed. 

• Love 2

I've enjoyed this show. I still like Aleshia a lot and her temporary husband, Neal. I give Houston credit for not losing his mind while with Leah because I still feel she's a handful. Rachel doesn't bother me but her husband, Ned Flanders, does and Danielle - I would love to feed her a brick and then duct tape her mouth.

I thought she was so haughty while talking to Rachel about her connection and about Rachel's serious crime of the stare down. CW's reaction was equally strange to me. You let your spouse live with someone else for two weeks but don't like that they looked at each other for a moment? Was surprised, too, at how he pooh-poohed Rachel not liking that he was drinking because he seemed to be going at it pretty good for two weeks. Looks like she had wine while he had water this week. Maybe after she fixes her marriage she could fix her drinking problem.

Kind of get the feeling that Leah and Danielle think they're so great, that they don't need to change a thing. Scary. CW seems adamant about maintaining his recharge nights three out of five weekdays which was fascinating. The man boy, Eric, has some redeeming qualities and I hope he's not eaten alive when he goes back to the Lion's den. Hoping, too, that maybe Houston will become less of a Neanderthal and a bit more understanding of his wife. JMHO and my apologies for any misspelled names here.

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 1

I came on to say the SAME THING.  WHAT THE HELL!

CW is an accomplished liar. No wonder he got divorced. He treats his wife with disdain and disrespect and he's completely open and relaxed with his girlfriend. I wonder where he learned that?

• Love 5

I came on to say the SAME THING.  WHAT THE HELL!

CW is an accomplished liar. No wonder he got divorced. He treats his wife with disdain and disrespect and he's completely open and relaxed with his girlfriend. I wonder where he learned that?

and I don't know what's wrong with Rachel for being all "ooooh, okay, i feel so much better now that he tells me they didn't drink together" as soon as he said it. DANIELLE TOLD HER THEY DID. She has no reason to lie.

Rachel and CW's relationship really creeps me out the more I think about it. Even the doctors picked up on it alittle bit. Seems more like a master/sub father/child relationship. He's controlling and dominating everything goes his way, he shuts her out and gets away from you when he wants to. He patronized her "growth" in the experiment and lied to her to "protect her sentive feelings". He even seems alittle dominating in their more "intiimate" moments (for what little was shown in the show). Seems like her job is to sit back and enjoy being taken care of.

• Love 4

YES!!! Fuck CW with a rake. If she had married someone like Eric, the complete opposite of the travesty of a marriage happening now wouldn't happen. I secretly hope that like, 10 years down the road, they've hooked up.

• Love 2

and I don't know what's wrong with Rachel for being all "ooooh, okay, i feel so much better now that he tells me they didn't drink together" as soon as he said it. DANIELLE TOLD HER THEY DID. She has no reason to lie...

I don't think she's a dummy, and I wondered if she did that to temporarily keep the peace. Like maybe to give him enough rope to hang himself later. Geez, he's awful.

• Love 1

Do you all think the producers will show her the footage of him drinking?  They didn't seem to allude to it AT ALL, which is weird because it would make for awesome reality tv.

I totally agree. I thought it would be awesome if the experts said...so how did you feel about his drinking? I kept waiting, but nothing yet.

• Love 1

Do you all think the producers will show her the footage of him drinking? They didn't seem to allude to it AT ALL, which is weird because it would make for awesome reality tv.

I asked her on Twitter how she felt about him lieing and she said " ticked"
  • Love 3

If anyone is interested to see a few different sides of Rachel, there are videos of her on YouTube.

A few are from her singing career--it seems she actually had some success early on, though I don't think it was anything major. In reading the comments, seems she had at least one song that a lot of people remember.

Also, there is this Britney Spears impersonator video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcKsGEongGE

CW is a shit for lying. How gross to straight up lie to her face when he knows it is all on camera.

I wonder if the previews are playing tricks, or if something inappropriate really did happen between CW and Danielle.

Rachel may grate a little, but she's harmless. CW, however, is not harmless. Three recharge nights a week, but no date nights? A coupon for dance lessons, but they were booked that weekend (suuuurrrrreeee they were); three years later and still no dancing?

Leah says, "I'm so happy," but looks and sounds anything but happy. She kills me walking around with her Bible and chastity sweater. It's like she's trying too hard to project an image, but she's so miserable inside that she can't even fake sounding happy. Maybe she's depressed. Nahhhh, she's forgiven herself, so she's fine. ;)

Hue needs to appreciate his beautiful, kind, somewhat dim but harmless, thoughtful wife. He's is too focused on himself, his needs, his activities.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 2

She seems so off to me. Her emotions are so blunted; she seems utterly without joy. I think her/their marriage is DONE.

It should have been done a while ago.  Her husband will never forgive her for cheating.  I think they are done as soon as this experiment is over.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 2

Do you all think the producers will show her the footage of him drinking?  They didn't seem to allude to it AT ALL, which is weird because it would make for awesome reality tv.

I've been hoping there would be some type of finale reunion show where everyone would see clips of what their spouses were doing and maybe meet each other as well. I'm imagaining the producers playing clips of CW and Danielle drinking, then the clip of CW lying to Rachel.

Edited by ralph

CW is an idiot of epic proportions, but I think that his wife probably fed off of his controlling nature and called it "protective" or "nurturing" when they first got together. He took her acceptance as a chance to up the ante and doubled down on his bullshit when they got married. The truth of the matter is, you don't really know someone until you live with them and his wife probably hoped that he would change or lighten up when they got married. As for Leah, her face looks like she is perpetually smelling shit and the truth is she would have been the perfect match for CW: they could have "recharge" nights 6-7 times a week (IMAGINE THE RECHARGE!!!!) and he could go get fucked up Flanders-style (drinking seltzer water and eating ethnic food like French Fries) and she could sit in a darken room scowling at a hideous arts and craft atrocity she created to keep her potpourri and vibrator.

• Love 6

I thought I was done with this show, but decided to check out the episodes on my DVR this weekend- I could NOT believe CJ lying straight to Rachel's face, and then even taking it a step further than just lying and saying "can we agree to just not discuss drinking anymore because it did not happen?" I found that really creepy.

I don't know how I could stay with a guy if I saw him do that to me on camera.

I actually thought Rachel and the guy she was matched with make a good match! They seem like they would be happy and relaxed as a couple.

• Love 1

I agree. I'm sure CW could go fuck off, be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, and in his mid-morning deuce, make more money than any of us will in a lifetime.

That being said, he's not marriage material. At all. There are puppets of Genghis Khan voiced by fucking Gilbert Gottfried that are more marriage material than CW.

• Love 2

LOL! CW strikes again. When the therapists tell him and Rachel to reinact their argument about him NOT drinking with Danielle, he refuses because he probably knows that THEY know he drank with her and will probably call him out on his lying right in front of Rachel. PLUS, he immediately answers., "WE aren't going to do that" before Rachel even had a say...which reminds me of the time when Dr. Jessica told him and Danielle to stare into each other's eyes, HE said that THEY wouldn't do it (Danielle was just sensitive enough to go along with it). Guy has serious control issues.

I could tell that Neal and Leah wouldn't stay together from the start. She still wants to stay married for religious reasons, and he does too. He always wants to stay together for family...but he is way too pissed about her cheating to EVER be happy with her. I don't even know why they were on a show about switch therapy or who thought it would help them. Their problem wasn't each other, it was that she cheated on him and he can't get past it. Leah kept saying that it wasn't helping and I'm like DUUHH, but her saying that it's making things worse was just her being pissed off.

Edited by ralph
  • Love 2

Yeah, I saw that baby thing coming. Now Hue/Hugh can really keep her at home.

I hope Aleshia saw that scene of her standing outside the door while everyone else was inside and it resonated; she looked like a dog that had been trained to stay out of the kitchen so hung right at the door with a long face. Just sad and pathetic.

No, actually, I hope Howeverthefuckyouspellhisnickname saw it, and felt ashamed.

• Love 3