Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Immortals Interupted 2018.07.24

finally, finally, finally -- Mel is done!  

Glenn really does have a thing for Matt.  I did like what he did tonight but some of the other nights -- especially that hideous purple, toothy creation.

• Love 3

The bias for Matt has been so obvious this season, it’s been frustrating to watch. I get the sense he could blow boogers onto a piece of latex and Glenn would trip overhimself to praise it. I don’t find coronations much fun to watch. But at least Walter made it into the finale, so I’m happy. At this point my expectations are pretty damn low.

Bat monster vampires, yawn. This challenge didn’t really catch my interest and I can’t say any of the makeups did either. As soon as Mel said she was going to ignore Michael Westmore’s advice I knew shew as a goner (not that I expected her to go into the finale anyway). Say it with me, everyone: never ignore Michael Westmore’s advice!

It was interesting to see them have to change their makeups so radically in just an hour. I did think it was smart that Jordan tore pieces off his makeup instead of just building it up. Clever.

No idea what the challenge will be for the finale, but hopefully it’ll be a good one since it’s our last ever. And now I’m sad. And disappointed with how the season has gone. Is “sadpointed” a thing? I think it’s what I’m feeling right now.

• Love 13

Some of the vampires looked like aliens.  Mel's was interesting but she was way out of the challenge's expected looks.

The three that deserved to go to the finals - well, in a lackluster season - were selected.  Mel and the rest, you had a good run. Of course there was more competition in this Battle Royale season.  Mel, Mr. Westmore has been around the biz a lot longer than you. He knows what works.

The favourite seems to be Matt, but I hope that Walter squeaks by and takes it.  Jordan could be a dark horse. I don't have huge expectations for the finale or its winner. The contestants this season are ho-hum, few have any creativity or have done anything memorable or gasp, outstanding. It has not been a great season.

• Love 8

My top three picks all made it to the finale so yay.  And Mel got sent home.  More yay.  I wasn't very impressed with any of the results before or after sunshine and I'm still wondering what the title of the episode means.

I wonder who picks out McKenzie's clothing.  She's a beautiful woman and they manage to put her into something unflattering and too short and/or too tight every week.  That dress she had on tonight was just awful.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, the judges did give Matt a scare.  They named Walter first.  And Walter did look surprised at that. Matt just had the face of someone who knows he'll be in the top three.  I will not judge Matt by his personal looks and how he chooses to style his hair, but, damn, he has pretty eyes.

Edited by enoughcats
  • Love 2

Some interesting sculpts utterly ruined by lackluster paint jobs.  Yes, very sad that we're going out this way.

In other news, I loved the pantsuit McKenzie had on at the beginning of the show.  Now that looked fantastic on her.  Why the powers that be chose to regularly dress her like a Barbie doll is anyone's guess.

• Love 3

I fell asleep a little bit during the judging, but meh. I will be shocked if anyone other than Matt wins the finale, and that lack of tension is boring. I don't even dislike Matt! Some of his THs are funny, and he seems as competent as anyone. But he doesn't seem like the brilliant artistry wizard that Glenn wants us to believe he is. Maybe the finished pieces look really different in person. Maybe my taste level is just not up to the judge's standards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case, I'm pulling for Jordan. I think Walter is super talented, but I have a hard time liking him for some reason.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, strippedhalo said:

In any case, I'm pulling for Jordan. I think Walter is super talented, but I have a hard time liking him for some reason.

I'm pulling for Jordan as well.  I think he's been the most consistent and has had some great makeups (plus he's cute as a button).

I do like Matt but the judges's hard-on for him is making me hope he goes down in flames.  Nothing personal, just don't enjoy seeing a coronation before the actual finals.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Rammchick said:

Some interesting sculpts utterly ruined by lackluster paint jobs.  Yes, very sad that we're going out this way.

Isn't that what usually happens? I was watching this episode with my brother, and that's exactly what I said to him: most of these people are superior sculptors, but their paint jobs often wreck all that good sculpting.

I wasn't crazy about Matt's tonight (looked like his model was wearing red opera gloves), mainly because it seemed like I'd seen it before. I really liked Walter's, and I was happy he was named first finalist. But, yeah, if Matt doesn't win the whole shooting match, I'll faint from shock.

I actually kinda liked Mel sticking to her guns and keeping a more feminine, pretty look for her vampire. She didn't execute it as well as she should have, though. Drag queen eyelashes, indeed.

The extra little fillip at the end was a cool twist. It fit the challenge, and made them think quickly. And most of them did well.

• Love 5

from StrippedHalo.

I'm on team Walter because while I love Jordan's aesthetic he does too many fake eyes masks in my opinion (which does work at times: see water creatures). I think Walter has shown more of a range. But I get that Walter gives very little emotional/personality/energy output so I understand.

carpps

I actually kinda liked Mel sticking to her guns and keeping a more feminine, pretty look for her vampire. She didn't execute it as well as she should have, though. Drag queen eyelashes, indeed.

Ditto halfway through I was going "That's a beauty make up?" The face looked a bit too hard and robotic rather than a face of a albeit ancient, undead, and hard to kill thing.

I don't think this will happen but some little part of my cynical, snarky heart hopes that Battle Royale means that they are bringing back all of the champions from past seasons and have a big all out (probably monster) make-up off for the finale. I can hope for like two more weeks.

• Love 1

My daughter and I usually watch this together and she gave up after the second episode.  So many of the people were just cannon fodder.  This show used to be so great.

Glad to see Mel gone.  She stayed way past her time.

• Love 6

For once, I was okay with Matt's creature. Except that awful back piece. Yeah, it might be "creative" and "original", but it just looked silly.

And indeed, no surprise as to the finalists, even though we all know it's gonna be between Walter & Matt, with Matt probably getting the win.

That said, next week is Alice through the looking glass, so it might still be fun.

• Love 4