Type keyword(s) to search

Impending Doom: New Season Anticipation

• Start Topic

(edited)

I cannot stand Darcey and Jesse. Darcey has the smugness of Nicole (giant baby), and the fame whorishness of Pao. I'm really disappointed that they included this "couple".

I am pumped to see more of Mr. Poop Water and Karine, though.

Edited by RedBagWithMakeup
Wrong bodily function. Haha
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I cannot stand Darcey and Jesse. Darcey has the smugness of Nicole (giant baby), and the fame whorishness of Pao. I'm really disappointed that they included this "couple".

I am pumped to see more of Mr. Poop Water and Karine, though.

I am here for all the train wrecks friends, bring on the trash! Mr. Poop water being King of them all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I think Sean and Abby split up, but are they bringing back the McDonalds manager ( I can't remember his name) and Jenny? He is as much of a (fun) train wreck as Mr. Poop Water.

Larry?  Oy, what an idiot.  Maybe this season will feature some other food he cannot eat with a smile on his face!

10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I cannot get enough of that clip of her in a white fur coat, flinging herself out of the cab while shrieking, "You don't love me! Get out of my life!"

Get out of my life has been a constant theme with them, get out of my life until we get to film again, get out of my life after you catch me with a glass of wine in my hand...why do they love each other?

• Love 5

Oh boyyyyy, that 50 yr old redneck who is going for the 30 yr old Nigerian! She is going to make Nicole and Danielle look high class in comparison. I've only seen previews and she is already more obnoxious than I think I can handle. Please TLC, edit in a way that we can at least snark at this heifer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I am too exhausted to type this because I have binge watched this entire series over the past few days. I know I am VERY late to the party but some random thoughts:

1 - Sean set off my gaydar in about a nanosecond.

2 - I FF past most of Patrick and the French girl because I just was not buying it. I think he's acting for the show. Cool as his mother may be, he's just looking to be on TV. There's nothing remotely compelling about this couple's story.  It reeks of being bogus.

3 - Larry is a desperate schlub. Jenny is obviously using him and he's a buffoon to not see this. I feel bad for him in a way because I think he is a nice guy but yikes.

4 - Cortney makes me ill. Too whiny. Antonio is no great shakes either but she is so incredibly irritating, not to mention a moron for going to another country to meet a guy that she never saw or skype'd with and planned on going to and staying in his apartment.

5 - Pigpen and Karine. Lord have mercy. You'd think if he was going to meet the light of his life that he'd get shave and a haircut and at least try to look presentable. He looked better in the talking head than he did on the trip. Filthy, disheveled, unkempt, just gross. Add a criminal record to that and mom's hair in a napkin and that girl needs to run. 

6 - Darcy and Dolph Lungren Jr.  A weird couple. Not getting what his motive is but why would he be interested in a 42 year old crazywoman?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I am too exhausted to type this because I have binge watched this entire series over the past few days. I know I am VERY late to the party but some random thoughts:

1 - Sean set off my gaydar in about a nanosecond.

2 - I FF past most of Patrick and the French girl because I just was not buying it. I think he's acting for the show. Cool as his mother may be, he's just looking to be on TV. There's nothing remotely compelling about this couple's story.  It reeks of being bogus.

3 - Larry is a desperate schlub. Jenny is obviously using him and he's a buffoon to not see this. I feel bad for him in a way because I think he is a nice guy but yikes.

4 - Cortney makes me ill. Too whiny. Antonio is no great shakes either but she is so incredibly irritating, not to mention a moron for going to another country to meet a guy that she never saw or skype'd with and planned on going to and staying in his apartment.

5 - Pigpen and Karine. Lord have mercy. You'd think if he was going to meet the light of his life that he'd get shave and a haircut and at least try to look presentable. He looked better in the talking head than he did on the trip. Filthy, disheveled, unkempt, just gross. Add a criminal record to that and mom's hair in a napkin and that girl needs to run. 

6 - Darcy and Dolph Lungren Jr.  A weird couple. Not getting what his motive is but why would he be interested in a 42 year old crazywoman?

I don't think all of these couples have been shown to be on Season 2. 

but who knows what will be shown!?

On 7/19/2018 at 5:40 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Oh boyyyyy, that 50 yr old redneck who is going for the 30 yr old Nigerian! She is going to make Nicole and Danielle look high class in comparison. I've only seen previews and she is already more obnoxious than I think I can handle. Please TLC, edit in a way that we can at least snark at this heifer.

Another from Georgia. sigh.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I don't think all of these couples have been shown to be on Season 2. 

but who knows what will be shown!?

Another from Georgia. sigh.

I didn't think so but just had to say something about this show after all the episodes I watched and didn't know quite where to put it. 

19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

That's what really got me.  You don't know this guy at all, never even heard his voice and you're going to stay at his place?  And her dopey parents are just "Uh ok be careful"  Is she really that stupid that she thinks they have an actual relationship just from texting?

• Love 10
10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I don't see this couple in the first episode but the lady looks like Mary Kay LeTourneau.

Welcome to the party, and yes, that chick does...  I should be bitch-slapped for this, as nobody really looks forward to a Sunday night, but this show gives my somewhat boring life a lift in the thank baby jesus that I have not resorted to joining foreigners only dot com .  I think Antonio & Jesse are only on this show to broaden their modeling and get discovered.  Larry is just trying to justify spending all his 401k on one date, and Pole ( Karine speak ) is making me realize what a bad ass Jeremy Wade really is wading through the rivers of the Amazon without a body condom on.  Can't wait for the newbies and to snark on them here. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I don't see this couple in the first episode but the lady looks like Mary Kay LeTourneau.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.59.31 AM.png

Very MKT...was the guy a foreign exchange student in her history class?

She sort of reminds me of some Love Boat actress that was sometimes seen on Hollywood Squares...let the snarking begin.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2018 at 4:36 AM, bref said:

The first episode of the second season is up on TLC's site. 

Yay! Thanks for that. I had a hard time viewing it on my computer AND my ipad -- I had to watch it through the TLC GO app on my iPhone. Worth it, though!

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Yay! Thanks for that. I had a hard time viewing it on my computer AND my ipad -- I had to watch it through the TLC GO app on my iPhone. Worth it, though!

Off to waste some company time !

• Love 2

So I'm watching the first episode of 90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days season 2 episode 1. IMO, the guy that the American female with the baby is about to go and meet for the first time favors Treat Williams in a few of his pics. Just picture Treat with a Grizzly Adams beard & Voila! Twins. LOL

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

So I'm watching the first episode of 90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days season 2 episode 1. IMO, the guy that the American female with the baby is about to go and meet for the first time favors Treat Williams in a few of his pics. Just picture Treat with a Grizzly Adams beard & Voila! Twins. LOL

I haven't seen that but I love Treat Williams. 

On 8/1/2018 at 6:40 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Very MKT...was the guy a foreign exchange student in her history class?

She sort of reminds me of some Love Boat actress that was sometimes seen on Hollywood Squares...let the snarking begin.

Looks like a young Shirley MacLaine to me.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, LilaFowler said:

I cannot get enough of that clip of her in a white fur coat, flinging herself out of the cab while shrieking, "You don't love me! Get out of my life!"

It was like Deja vu - ala Katherine from SC running down the dock in her fur screaming Thomasssssss

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm so ready to dish with you guys! I have my wine and shots ready in case it turns into a drinking game.

Where do they find these people? I'm looking forward to the cray-cray that is Pole. I'm going to assume that either her English has improved, or he learned Portuguese. I hope they aren't still using that translator app.

• Love 2

We wouldn't even have this show if delusional middle aged uglies stopped letting their libido lean them into a flaming midlife crisis. You're 40+ and live a sheltered life with a crappy job in Podunk Bumblefuck - no hot 20something international stranger is going to be in love with you sight unseen after texting for six weeks. I can understand Paul and that adorable Mormon boy (not Alan lol) out of sheer lack of social skills, but all the middle aged parents duped into genuinely believing they found lasting love on POF or some obscure ethnic fetish dating app are bizarre. Also, you likely just want to have sex with them to stroke your ego, so fly out for a one-week NSA fuckathon and save yourself the legal fees. You're not in love, you want the adrenaline rush of bedding someone half your age.

Bring on the garbage!

giphy.gif

• Love 4
On 7/23/2018 at 11:29 AM, SevenCostanza said:

That's what really got me.  You don't know this guy at all, never even heard his voice and you're going to stay at his place?  And her dopey parents are just "Uh ok be careful"  Is she really that stupid that she thinks they have an actual relationship just from texting?

Yes! That's the whole premise of Catfish. Some of those people invest 2-10+ years into their farcical text/DM based relationships, so it's believable that Corny really thought they were in a committed relationship.

• Love 2

And for what it's worth, sometimes it actually is real. Particularly if you're gay, it's a thing to meet your SO on Twitter/Tumblr and basically fall in love via text and Skype either because you're 1) closeted or in a rural area with no gay dating pool 2) still in high school and too young to be on dating apps or 3) Introverted with too much anxiety to meet people irl. They start long distance and usually move in together once they finish school. They're often both in the US but I've seen US/Canada, US/UK, US/Europe, and even US/Australia. I know at least five couples who met on social media that have been dating for years even though some of them only see each other max three times a year due to international plane ticket costs.

Ironically though, sometimes closing the distance spells doom for the relationship. I followed a US/UK lesbian couple that dated for 5 YEARS and spent thousands of dollars annually travelling to see each other because they were in college/working. They meticulously documented every minute together on YouTube and had all these grandiose plans of basically throwing a dart on the globe and moving there together. The British girl graduated university and moved to America. They had a house and everything. Within a year, they were both miserable and she moved out. Now they both have local girlfriends and stayed in the area despite neither of them having any original connection to the state they picked. It's still fascinating to me that they kept their relationship alive for four years internationally and sobbed for days whenever they had to separate, but finally being in the same country and living together ruined their relationship in less than a year.

I digress, but the point is it's more common and taken more seriously than most would think. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

And for what it's worth, sometimes it actually is real. Particularly if you're gay, it's a thing to meet your SO on Twitter/Tumblr and basically fall in love via text and Skype either because you're 1) closeted or in a rural area with no gay dating pool 2) still in high school and too young to be on dating apps or 3) Introverted with too much anxiety to meet people irl. They start long distance and usually move in together once they finish school. They're often both in the US but I've seen US/Canada, US/UK, US/Europe, and even US/Australia. I know at least five couples who met on social media that have been dating for years even though some of them only see each other max three times a year due to international plane ticket costs.

Ironically though, sometimes closing the distance spells doom for the relationship. I followed a US/UK lesbian couple that dated for 5 YEARS and spent thousands of dollars annually travelling to see each other because they were in college/working. They meticulously documented every minute together on YouTube and had all these grandiose plans of basically throwing a dart on the globe and moving there together. The British girl graduated university and moved to America. They had a house and everything. Within a year, they were both miserable and she moved out. Now they both have local girlfriends and stayed in the area despite neither of them having any original connection to the state they picked. It's still fascinating to me that they kept their relationship alive for four years internationally and sobbed for days whenever they had to separate, but finally being in the same country and living together ruined their relationship in less than a year.

I digress, but the point is it's more common and taken more seriously than most would think. 

I think it’s some what easier to keep a long distance relationship going when you rarely see each other.  You avoid the day to day grind of a real relationship.

• Love 10

Is this the same day as a new season of The Other Way starts too?  I'm seeing a commercial with the dreadful Stacey in a corset saying she's ready to open her heart/legs again, in a commercial featuring Americans going overseas for their jiggy jiggy boom boom.

• LOL 1
On 7/21/2019 at 2:23 PM, Tatortot said:

Yeah I can't stand Darcy!!!     I stopped watching pillowtalk because of her.   Now I gotta watch her in the new show?    

Is it another round of Darcy or is it her twin Stacy?  I think Stacy is also in some long-distance "lovefest" with someone in another country, so maybe it's her turn to grab that TLC paycheck.  

If it's Stacy, I hope she has more personality than Darcy and a more realistic story line.  They're boring as hell on Pillow Talk, so my expectations are low.  

Maybe someday they'll do something criminally outrageous and end up on ID Discovery's Evil Twins.  At least then I'd find them somewhat intriguing.  

• LOL 3
On 8/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

We wouldn't even have this show if delusional middle aged uglies stopped letting their libido lean them into a flaming midlife crisis. You're 40+ and live a sheltered life with a crappy job in Podunk Bumblefuck - no hot 20something international stranger is going to be in love with you sight unseen after texting for six weeks. I can understand Paul and that adorable Mormon boy (not Alan lol) out of sheer lack of social skills, but all the middle aged parents duped into genuinely believing they found lasting love on POF or some obscure ethnic fetish dating app are bizarre. Also, you likely just want to have sex with them to stroke your ego, so fly out for a one-week NSA fuckathon and save yourself the legal fees. You're not in love, you want the adrenaline rush of bedding someone half your age.

Bring on the garbage!

giphy.gif

Hate to disagree with my snark sister (or brother), but these shows wouldn't exist if it weren't for *us* eager to stamp out the flaming sack of dog shit delivered to our front door every few days.  TLC rings the bell and runs for the bushes, chortling all the way to the (ratings) bank because, dammit, we love these shows no matter how badly they treat us, and we take them back into our bosoms no matter how hysterical we make each other when we talk about them.

I think we are the hidden treasure of society, smart and funny as hell, with no other outlet to demonstrate our virtuosity, our wise-assedness, our compassion.  Maybe even if there were better places for us to show off (and I use the term with love), I think we'd still end up here because no one else appreciates just how fucking funny we are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
On 8/5/2018 at 1:58 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Bring on the garbage!

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Mothra said:

Hate to disagree with my snark sister (or brother), but these shows wouldn't exist if it weren't for *us* eager to stamp out the flaming sack of dog shit delivered to our front door every few days.  TLC rings the bell and runs for the bushes, chortling all the way to the (ratings) bank because, dammit, we love these shows no matter how badly they treat us, and we take them back into our bosoms no matter how hysterical we make each other when we talk about them.

I think we are the hidden treasure of society, smart and funny as hell, with no other outlet to demonstrate our virtuosity, our wise-assedness, our compassion.  Maybe even if there were better places for us to show off (and I use the term with love), I think we'd still end up here because no one else appreciates just how fucking funny we are.

Sadly, you're both wrong. 

These shows only exist because of Einstein, who invented gravity and then ate an apple that had fallen from a tree, but hadn't fallen too far from another apple.  But no one knows if that apple made a sound when it fell because it was already on the ground when Einstein got there.

#yourewelcome

#sciencefacts

• LOL 20

Wow. The 47 year old woman who transforms herself into a thin 20-year-old. Surprise!  And her fairly normal looking guy who looks like an unmade bed in person!  Remarkable. I think I look more like James Bond than Darcey’s guy but whatever. The delusion is real this season. Thanks for sharing, Lila Fowler!  

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

TLC posted a 7-minute first look on their website a couple of days ago:

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance-before-the-90-days/full-episodes/90-day-fiance-before-the-90-days-new-season-sneak-peek

Apologies if it's been posted.

11 hours ago, Kareem said:

Wow. The 47 year old woman who transforms herself into a thin 20-year-old. Surprise!  And her fairly normal looking guy who looks like an unmade bed in person!  Remarkable. I think I look more like James Bond than Darcey’s guy but whatever. The delusion is real this season. Thanks for sharing, Lila Fowler!  

Priceless!  I think zied is going to be surprised when she doesn't have cartoon ears and a tail and baby smooth skin. 

LOL at her sheepishly admitting that she "used a lot of filters"....girl you used all the filters!  

Also, I would be incredibly turned off by a guy who used 1000 emojis, that just seems lazy.  I know I overuse emojis when I'm not really into a conversation or don't know what to say.

And frankly he sounds like Pepe lepew when he is trying to seduce her.  It's so weird.  I cannot believe someone who is nearly 50 finds this sort of behavior romantic.

The kicker is that she is fairly attractive.  She certainly doesn't look like her filtered pictures, but she isn't ugly, she has a career she enjoys and she seems to have a decent life.  Why make life more complicated with this guy?

ETA: Id also like to take a minute to congratulate Rebecca on some next level creepy stalker shit for printing out her internet boyfriends picture and putting it EVERYWHERE.  On her coffee cup.....framed photos of her face next to his all down her hallway....in a frame next to her bed.  Its like one of those lifetime movies where the crazy stalker cuts their victims husband/wife out of the family photos and replaces it with their own face.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

If  it IS Darcy, I just want to know who's looking out for her daughters.  Or are they old enough to be left alone for weeks at a time?

I think she mentioned way back when she first started on this franchise that she has joint custody of them.  I suspect the girls are probably used to staying with their dad for extended periods of time whilst Darcy chases the elusive butterfly of romance showmance.  

I couldn't stand Darcey after her first season and subsequent appearances on the show. However after watching her on Pillow Talk I kinda love her! I'm excited that she and her weirdness are back.