Type keyword(s) to search

S14.09: The Newest Star

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, suebee12 said:

Jess is from Pleasantville?  That explains a lot.  Like she's never lived around any rats.

Well, I'm glad that at least there's some public recognition for Manny and the social media response is confirming their mistake.  Like who does Jess's family know at Food Network that got her that win?  Do they golf with one of the producers up at the Pleasantville Country Club?  Seriously.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, chessiegal said:

If Bobby liked Manny, he'll find something for him. He really liked Kelly Nixon in her season when she lost to mush mouth, and he got her a show on CC that he exec produced using his production company.

Kelsey, not Kelly.

I have to laugh every time I see the title of this thread! "The Newest Star"...shouldn't it say Stars and exactly what are they going to be the star of!

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Jess and Christian “tied” for a win. Manny was third. And dismissed right off the bat, it was really crummy.

They left Manny out?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! ????????

If I saw the three "pilots" without seeing any of the prior episodes, I think Manny's would be the only one that interested me.

But I hated Manny in the first few episodes. He really made the most progress, slowing down, not trying to be over the top with enthusiasm the whole time, and being more confident than cocky.  

I think they made a mistake. I'd never watch anything featuring The other two.

• Love 3

They need to rename this Next Roll of Charmin because it's turned into a total shit show.  At some point it was still watchable for the snark factor but now it's literally unwatchable.  They're not even trying anymore.  At one time, they were adding contestants and padding out the episode order because it was so popular.  This season, they didn't even do the normal 10 episodes.  There's no audience in the finale, no one from "the network", no mention of the winner's show. This thing is on autopilot and it doesn't see the big ass mountain it's about to smack into.

You know this was all planned out.  Christian has judged before, he got Food Network personality Antonia as his chef in his pilot.  If they were going to pull this "tie" bullshit I don't know why they didn't pick Palak.  She and Christian had a rapport/friendship (and Palak had a personality that didn't seem like it was ordered from Amazon) and they could have been put in a show or special together.  Jess and her fake facade didn't click with anyone.  

I may check out the first episode next year, but if it's just the same old of Bobby and Giada acting fools and dumbass contestants like Mr. "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" and Ms. Jambalaya on Stick, I don't think I'll both with this mess anymore.  

• Love 5
On 8/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, cooksdelight said:

Jess pronouncing it “Collie flower” made me hate her even more than for her mouth/jaw movements.

How else should it be pronounced?  That's the way I and everyone else I know says it.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Brookside said:

How else should it be pronounced?  That's the way I and everyone else I know says it.

I grew up pronouncing it like, “call-a-flower.” I don’t know if that is right or wrong, but that’s what I heard growing up. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I grew up pronouncing it like, “call-a-flower.” I don’t know if that is right or wrong, but that’s what I heard growing up. 

1 minute ago, cooksdelight said:

Same here. 

Are you guys from New York?  That's how my former mother-in-law would pronounce it.  (Or I suppose "cawl a flower!)  In the UK, I only ever heard it as colly flower.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Brookside said:

Are you guys from New York?  That's how my former mother-in-law would pronounce it.  (Or I suppose "cawl a flower!)  In the UK, I only ever heard it as colly flower.

Northeast Ohio here. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Southern Indiana here, now transplanted to Northern California. call-a-flower is the only way I've heard it pronounced in real life.

Edited by jcbrown
9 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Southern Indiana here, now transplanted to Northern California. call-a-flower is the only way I've heard it pronounced in real life.

Two nations divided by a common language - and lots of different pronunciations within them

• Love 1

I am still salty over this.... I was routing for Manny for the win, granted.. he still needed some help, but I think FN could have ran with a "Firehouse Eats" type of show with Manny-  visiting firehouses all over the country and the fire house cooks..I totally would have watched that. Jess would put me to sleep on a show and the "How ya doin" would get so old after 1 episode I would want to reach thru the teevee and smack him.

• Love 2

So does anyone know what's become of Jess?  I've seen Christian a few times but I haven't seen Jess on anything at all.  I didn't like her so I'm not complaining but I am curious.  She seems to have vanished as thoroughly as Lenny.

2 hours ago, mlp said:

So does anyone know what's become of Jess?  I've seen Christian a few times but I haven't seen Jess on anything at all.  I didn't like her so I'm not complaining but I am curious.  She seems to have vanished as thoroughly as Lenny.

I Googled her, she has a blog and that’s about it. I didn’t like her either and I think no one else does, hence she has no chance at having a cooking show. The days of this food competition giving the winner a show is over.

• Love 1