Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Woman Down

Hmmm, when Julia was called “white” when we know she is black, I just assumed it was an insult as opposed to an apt descriptor. Looking the part, to the degree that she was wearing make up several shades lighter, donning a blonde wig, etc. and possibly her manner in speaking to the Jennifer rep may have been enough to elicit that comment. If that was the intention, I can see how that might confuse some people. Maybe they should have just called her “bougie.” But that term may still throw some folks for a loop. 

On another note, I think the assault scene was deliberately vague and I think that’s a good thing given the conversations it has fueled. Was it really rape? Why didn’t she? Why didn’t he? And so on.  Had the situation been crystal clear(a case of out and out rape), the same questions would likely be asked by viewers. There is enough real life evidence on social media to tell us that. 

I should not like Plum and Dominic together in any form, really, but I do. I think it’s the actors, but they’re both lonely and dissatisfied with their current lives and have bonded to some degree.