Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Next Chapter

• Start Topic

On 7/17/2018 at 6:58 AM, Kiki777 said:

I miss Meghan- without her, this group's collective IQ has dropped substantially.

Early in the season, I saw her hubby doing color commentary for the St Louis Cardinals on a local TV broadcast.  Felt strange.

12 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I give Shannon a bit of the side eye on the house issue as well. The only slight saving grace is that she did move from a house twice as big.  I live in New York City, my house is about 1,900 square feet. I think it’s pretty big by NYC  standards. Even so, my son’s friend’s mom was complaining to me because her 2,500 sq ft house was “too cramped” because she has two teenage boys.

In her defense, teenage boys can make a 10,000 sqft house seem tiny.  

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

In her defense, teenage boys can make a 10,000 sqft house seem tiny.  

LOL, so true. As soon as I typed that I looked around the first floor of our current vacation home and saw there was evidence of my son in four different rooms, just on the first floor! We are doing a series of home trade with European families this summer, currently we are in an 18th Century home in Versailles. Maybe Heather would like to visit to compare her new home with the Palace!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

LOL, so true. As soon as I typed that I looked around the first floor of our current vacation home and saw there was evidence of my son in four different rooms, just on the first floor! We are doing a series of home trade with European families this summer, currently we are in an 18th Century home in Versailles. Maybe Heather would like to visit to compare her new home with the Palace!

Wow the home trade sounds very cool!  We had a lot of exchange students when I was a teen but never thought of the idea of an entire house trade with a family-very cool. Enjoy that adventure.

• Love 1

Anyone else grossed out that Shannon picked up after the dog and washed her hands in the kitchen sink?

If I do anything even a little gross/dirty, my hands are washed in the laundrybor bathroom sink.  My husband learned this house rule early in our marriage.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2018 at 9:29 PM, Martinigirl said:

Tamara looks beautiful  and much younger without the the fake eyelashes.

She really does.  I think this is the best she’s ever looked.  She’s the only blonde on this show who looks good as a blonde.  Shannon and Vicki with their bleached to the root one tone haystacks look like hell.

Tams mom looks great, too.  And in no makeup.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Ha- yes they take over!!  Wow that sounds so cool!!  I’ve heard great things about house swapping with Europeans.  I think I need to look into this further!

I will never think of Tamra as beautiful.. she looks like a rat and she is so rotten to the core, it seeps out through her pores.

• Love 2

Finally got a chance to watch the season opener.  Some questions:

Where the fuck were Shannon and Vicki sitting when they had their heart to heart about social media?  It was clearly supposed to be a restaurant, as they ordered food, but it looked like a warehouse that had been staged to look like the waiting area for a salon.  Very odd. 

Is there a minuscule chance that Shannon and Kelly's kids could watch their parents' divorces play out on TV in this way and come out of it psychologically unscathed?  Any chance at all?  I genuinely feel terrible for them.

Is it just me or is the new woman's house interchangeable with Vicki's house? 

Is Tamra looking really good this season or have I just grown inured to her plastic surgeries? 

Can we have a moment of silence for those of us poor souls forced by circumstance to live in 4,000-square-foot houses? 

David is a piece of shit.  (Okay, not a question.  Just an observation.) 

Finally, I'm glad they're "friends" (or TV friends, or whatever) with Vicki again.  Not because she's a good person, as obviously she is not, but because I had to stop watching halfway through last season when the whole thing became the I Hate Vicki Show.  A tedious pile-on is rarely good TV, IMHO.  And call me a deluded old sap, but I kind of like watching them have fun together. 

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, Fiero425 said:

Lydia came back more a fighter, but of all the women, she's the only one halfway innocent besides Peggy! She needed to clap back more on Meghan at the reunion about her b!tchiness! The woman's pathetic and will end up with just the kids because she's going to run Jim off being so stupid, vapid, and empty (redundant I know, but bears repeating)! She's the stereotypical trophy wife, but not sure even Jim knew she was this bad! She's useless for the most part! I got nothing for her! ;-(

What? Jim is Alexis's husband. Lydia's husband is Todd.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, farmgal4 said:

I forgot the new season started already, so I missed Episode 1.  Is this season even going to be worth my time?

I finally got around to watching this ep and gave up about halfway thru. I quit because it was boring, not that want to watch them screeching at each other all the time over things they keep rehashing, but because I found I didn't care about what they were doing. Everyone has forgiven Vicki only b/c TPTB gave them an ultimatum. I really don't care about Kelly and Shannon testing the waters as recently-divorced women (I do NOT remember Kelly getting divorced). I am sure Tamra is genuinely upset about Eddie's heart condition, but her inability to shed tears distracts me. I think I saw the introduction of the new housewife but all I recall is she made previous uncredited appearances as someone's party planer or something. Blah, maybe I'll give it another try...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

What? Jim is Alexis's husband. Lydia's husband is Todd.

I finally got around to watching this ep and gave up about halfway thru. I quit because it was boring, not that want to watch them screeching at each other all the time over things they keep rehashing, but because I found I didn't care about what they were doing. Everyone has forgiven Vicki only b/c TPTB gave them an ultimatum. I really don't care about Kelly and Shannon testing the waters as recently-divorced women (I do NOT remember Kelly getting divorced). I am sure Tamra is genuinely upset about Eddie's heart condition, but her inability to shed tears distracts me. I think I saw the introduction of the new housewife but all I recall is she made previous uncredited appearances as someone's party planer or something. Blah, maybe I'll give it another try...

Jim is Meghan's husband; old guy, young chippy! Tamra's so dried up she has no tears huh? I find most vacation episodes boring! IRL I don't associate with drunks and that's what they mostly do wherever they go; drink until they can't see straight! That's insane; esp. for old bags like these in HW franchise! ;-)

• Love 1

@Ubiquitous Two Jims two different wives.

Jim Bellino- husband of Alexis... Alexis once called him “her King,” many here have called him a controlling douche. These two are now in the middle of a divorce. (Just like Kelly and Michael). 

Jim Edmonds- husband of Mehgan King Edmonds. Previous husband of two other women. Also a famous baseball player (Cardinals) turned baseball announcer. 

I agree with your assessment of Emily, “I’m an attorney.”

On 7/18/2018 at 5:06 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

The car seat was just a little chair that hooked on to the top of the passenger seat, it had a little steering wheel.  I had no straps and I can remember climbing out of it while my mother was driving. 

It was in the 1960's, somehow I lived to tell the story.

Mine had a horn in the middle of the steering wheel. Like to drive my mama crazy with that. I loved it! I agree that i don't know how we lived thru those days but they were fun!

• Love 2

I managed to watch this ep on demand yesterday. Apparently, I had watched more than I realized b/c the only things that happened after introducing Emily, Tamra's lawyer-by-day-and-party-planner-at-night friend, Tamra helped Shannon take off her wedding ring and the gals attended a team-building obstacle course. Leave it to Vicki to accuse one of the employees of pushing her and causing her to fall (I am Morgan & Morgan took note of that!), but I have to wonder about the legal liability of making their customers responsible for hooking up their safety lines. I can so easily imagine someone suing them after forgetting to hook up their safety line and falling off. OK, In have to admit it was good to see the gals laughing together instead of screaming at each other on the way there.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, PumpkinPK said:

Anyone else grossed out that Shannon picked up after the dog and washed her hands in the kitchen sink?

If I do anything even a little gross/dirty, my hands are washed in the laundrybor bathroom sink.  My husband learned this house rule early in our marriage.

100% agree with you!