Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Burn

• Start Topic

I knew that Bogdan wasn't Roller's cause it seemed fishy there was never a paternity test. Seems he loves that boy regardless but it is an extra layer to add to Zlata's psychotic ruthlessness. 

I like that moment between Roller and Desna when he spilled to her about Bogdan.

In some ways I get where Quiet Ann is coming from with her questioning Desna but she is about to get her heart crushed when she finds out about Arlene.  Desna also had a point that Quiet Ann could have stayed at Glint if she was that disgusted by the drama. 

Poor Dean seeing Arlene and her partner driving off with Desna. 

I will be curious to see how Polly handles things when she finds out about Dr. Ken being an informant. 

• Love 12

Didn't really like this episode. Desna spent all night thinking about revenge and in the morning she didn't even have a clue about she would do. The whole episode Desna was being led by the nose, following the idiotic plans that Uncle Daddy and Roller are making up on the fly. If she gets out of her problems, it will probably be due to dumb luck. I guess her ascension to "Lady Boss" will have to come at a later date. 

• Love 1

I really don't know how Desna has made it as far in life as she has already. She's in the crime game, and she didn't think her life was expendable to these people? She's not family, and they even treat their family like shit. She is means to an end and nothing more.

I am also disappointed that she was running on emotion. I wanted her to have her revenge plot on point. This episode was so meh.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

In some ways I get where Quiet Ann is coming from with her questioning Desna but she is about to get her heart crushed when she finds out about Arlene.  Desna also had a point that Quiet Ann could have stayed at Glint if she was that disgusted by the drama. 

I think with Quiet Ann it was that the one line she wouldn't cross was dealing coke, and Desna walked right over it and basically told QA to stuff it. Add this to the resentment that's been building since Desna told her to dump Arlene, and QA has finally had enough.

I am a bit surprised Ann spilled it all (or at least some of it) to Arlene. QA doesn't know Arlene is still a cop, but telling anyone about the business could be dangerous, and as angry as Ann is at the moment, I don't for a second think she wants to hurt Desna or any of the other women.

• Love 5

Poor QA.

If they're going to keep showing Desna speeding in that sports car I'm going to need to hear the Miami Vice theme at least once.

Waterboarding with vodka. This show.

Zlata needs to die a long, painful death just for pointing a gun at that baby. Whatever, she may be psycho and evil but she sure wears some killer clothes. Pun intended.

Polly a backup singer for BBD. How does she come up with this stuff?

So now Desna gets to decide whether she's vindictive enough to snitch on Greg and/or Zlata to save herself.

Poor Dean seeing Arlene and her partner driving off with Desna.

Especially since he didn't realize she'd been arrested and wasn't just abandoning him.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

[Zlata] sure wears some killer clothes

I loved her gigantic exclamation point earrings. And did anyone else think her clothes were especially bonkers last night? They were hilariously OTT, even for this show.

4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So now Desna gets to decide whether she's vindictive enough to snitch on Greg and/or Zlata to save herself.

I think Desna is definitely vindictive enough to snitch on either or both of them, as long as she can get sufficient protection for herself, Dean, and the women.

• Love 11

The vanity plates on this show will never get old.

I'm going to look for a list of the music too - although part of its appeal is how it perfectly gels with the scene (for instance, the one with the masks).

And awww at the fatherly/grandfatherly feels of Uncle Daddy and his nephews for kids that they are not biologically related to. It's a nice change from the usual stuff :)

• Love 3

Roller obviously was going to end up not being the father but he is Olga's husband  and if Zlata dies would that mean Olga and Roller inherit her "empire"? Just saying...

I'm  so disappointed that Desna was not given a real plan. Jenn has seemingly forgot about Bryce and HER MOM. These aren't good looks for either of them but especially Desna. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Jenn has seemingly forgot about Bryce and HER MOM.

She hasn't forgotten. She wants to put that in the past, just as she wants Bryce to put her affair with the square-dancing Jew in the past.

• Love 3
(edited)

Virginia absentmindedly inhaling Flaming Hot Cheetos in neon booty shorts is this show's ideal aesthetic.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 8
On 7/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, NutMeg said:

The vanity plates on this show will never get old.

I'm going to look for a list of the music too - although part of its appeal is how it perfectly gels with the scene (for instance, the one with the masks).

And awww at the fatherly/grandfatherly feels of Uncle Daddy and his nephews for kids that they are not biologically related to. It's a nice change from the usual stuff :)

love "the lion sleeps tonight" being played when they donned the masks. i literally laughed out loud! show is insane and you have to suspend reality to watch it but it works here. other shows not so much. this is just pure unbelievable fun. with the blood and gore and gun pointing at babies thrown in for shock.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

IMO Quiet Ann spilled some tea and the arrest protects Desna.  Ken was told, we want the Russians.

...oooooohhhhhh- I hadn't looked at it like that, but that is a very good possibility!  It makes me feel better.  I don't like it when the girls are upset with each other.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

love "the lion sleeps tonight" being played when they donned the masks. i literally laughed out loud! show is insane and you have to suspend reality to watch it but it works here. other shows not so much. this is just pure unbelievable fun. with the blood and gore and gun pointing at babies thrown in for shock.

Can you imagine how much fun it must be for the costume designers?  They must feel like kids in the candy store and laugh themselves silly over some of the craziness they get to put on screen. 

• Love 7