Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Communication Breakdown 2018.07.16

• Start Topic

In the season 2 premiere, months after Lyle's failed proposal to Catherine, the star-crossed lovers have become more crossed than lovers. Meanwhile, Hannah's fear of becoming a Southern "spinster" puts her relationship with Louis on ice until he can put a ring on it. And while newcomer, Hagood, deals with her mommy dearest, Daniel decides to take a step back from the Savannah party scene and tries to be an adult.

They're back!  Let's see if they can bring something to keep us interested. 

• Love 1

Wow...  First to post.  Yeah, I swore I wouldn't watch this show again because it was a bit of a purgatory watching the first season but I did.  I really don't have anything except Haygood seems interesting and she got points from me for serving Mount Gay Rum.

• Love 1

I’ll join you on this admitted shame watch, @breezy424; can’t believe I’m actually giving this one another go just because I love the city of Savannah enough to slog through this schlock, because otherwise....ZzzzZZZZZZzzzzz....((paging OC Vicki here))

Good gravy, this show is just so boring and pointless. And still so oddly depressing.

It doesn’t help that these people are just so boring and lackluster. Not an ounce of charisma or light giddiness to spare here—-makes me almost miss skanky Ashley and her ambiguously gay buddy Nelson. Instead we get as their replacements a mousy rice heiress and a snarky old queen throwing lame canapé parties. Ugh!!!

What losers, along with some of the worst hair on reality tv right now too, I might add. 

Do any of them besides the gross long haired dude and the interior designer have actual careers beyond this show? Oh wait, new chick Hagoof is a sometime illustrator(and surprisingly enough, quite talented) who hopes to distill her own brand of sa-KAY(is it really pronounced that way? Seriously??) while Lou is the supposed sock king of Savannah...in his own head. So what the Hell do Hannah, Lyle and Catherine do besides get drunk, whine about their pathetic love lives and hang out like kids on eternal college break??

This sad show just proves how superior SC Charleston and even SC New Orleans are and how much this show truly taints the whole SC “brand” Whitney has started. Even on those other two SC series, at least their far more attractive casts have enough personality, wit and charisma to otherwise balance any lack of true local wealth and/or social standing with the otherwise unemployed cast members. 

• Love 3

I learned about cheese straws...that’s all I got.

It’s pretty sad that all I could remember was them taking the boat out with Hayfever.  Then when Hayneedle kissed the little fish, and later I was hoping Lyle and Hagrid were walking to the party after those drinks, which looked good...

Were those red and white things cookies?

• Love 3

I really want to like this cast but I'm unable to understand the mumbling.  Catherine has a southern, valley girl slur that makes me nuts.

I find nothing attractive in Louis and Daniel needs a haircut and some good styling products.  And then this...

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

It didn’t take long for me to remember I don’t care for Lyle and more importantly I have an irrational fear of his lips.

Did I spy Ashley in the previews?  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

I find nothing attractive in Louis and Daniel needs a haircut and some good styling products.  And then this...

Yes, Ashley apparently stops by to catch up with some cast member/s and likely to weep about her divorce. So glad her tacky poseur ass is gone, even if she was the only cast member who knew how to keep the show remotely interesting. 

Louis, Daniel and Lyle are just so gross and not handsome; I can’t fathom how their fug faces managed to make it onto a television show like this. Daniel obviously has the worst hair of the lot(condition it and get a stylist for it already! It’s nothing but a lank mop), Louis’s hair has absolutely no style and just hangs there plastered to his head, and fish-lipped Lyle’s obviously just making do with what he has left. They make the young SC dudes from Charleston look like male models in comparison, seriously.

• Love 4

What was happening with Louis’ face? It seemed in really bad shape.

I’m not sold on the new girl yet. It’s always a red flag for me when a girl says she gets along better with other guys instead of girls. They are usually drama. 

I kind of feel bad for Katherine with regards to the proposal. If she and Lyle really did talk and she told him she wasn’t ready and then he proposed anyway that really sucks. She ends up looking like the bad guy for saying no on camera and breaking his heart and disappointing her friends and family, but that’s no reason to say yes to marrying someone. Marriage is hard enough without saying yes just because you don’t want to be rude or hurt someone’s feelings. 

Hopefully this season will find its feet and get good!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Yes, Ashley apparently stops by to catch up with some cast member/s and likely to weep about her divorce. So glad her tacky poseur ass is gone, even if she was the only cast member who knew how to keep the show remotely interesting. 

Louis, Daniel and Lyle are just so gross and not handsome; I can’t fathom how their fug faces managed to make it onto a television show like this. Daniel obviously has the worst hair of the lot(condition it and get a stylist for it already! It’s nothing but a lank mop), Louis’s hair has absolutely no style and just hangs there plastered to his head, and fish-lipped Lyle’s obviously just making do with what he has left. They make the young SC dudes from Charleston look like male models in comparison, seriously.

Now Sun, don't make me go digging up details on Ashley!  Did I forget or miss the fact that she got divorced?  Will she not be a full time cast member.  Why do I care?  LOL

• Love 4

Before I forget.  Wasn't there another brunette on last season?  Am I watching too much Bravo and confusing this cast with another?

Hannah, Louis, Catherine, Lyle, Daniel, Ashley, Nelson (where is he - totally forgot about him too!)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jack Terrier said:

Now Sun, don't make me go digging up details on Ashley!  Did I forget or miss the fact that she got divorced?  Will she not be a full time cast member.  Why do I care?  LOL

Awwww Jack, I only care because I’m obviously a glutton for punishment and off work for the summer, therefore I have time to piss away at bravotv.com—-in the very last episode and scene of this shitshow, you probably don’t remember, but Ashley finally tells her husband(behind a closed door) “I want a divorce” and he merely said “Okay.”

And that was literally the depressing end to this depressing show’s first season, no reunion or clipshow or anything else! I legit thought this was a one-and-done show after its abysmal ratings/reviews and no reunion; still don’t understand why/how it was brought back again. I’m assuming Ashley wasn’t invited/asked back because she never really gelled well with the rest of this bunch. She probably didn’t have the coin/status to fake her way through another season, especially going through a divorce. Details here: http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/southern-charm-savannah-ashley-borders-divorce-husband-dennis-details

The other bland brunette was Happy, and her equally bland Middle-Eastern hubby! Yeah, they were both equally lame. No great loss there. I’ll take bitchy queens any day over boring blands.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Awwww Jack, I only care because I’m obviously a glutton for punishment and off work for the summer, therefore I have time to piss away at bravotv.com—-in the very last episode and scene of this shitshow, you probably don’t remember, but Ashley finally tells her husband(behind a closed door) “I want a divorce” and he merely said “Okay.”

And that was literally the depressing end to this depressing show’s first season, no reunion or clipshow or anything else! I legit thought this was a one-and-done show after its abysmal ratings/reviews and no reunion; still don’t understand why/how it was brought back again. I’m assuming Ashley wasn’t invited/asked back because she never really gelled well with the rest of this bunch. She probably didn’t have the coin/status to fake her way through another season, especially going through a divorce. Details here: http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/southern-charm-savannah-ashley-borders-divorce-husband-dennis-details

The other bland brunette was Happy, and her equally bland Middle-Eastern hubby! Yeah, they were both equally lame. No great loss there. I’ll take bitchy queens any day over boring blands.

Ahhh, yes, the divorce scene.  Thanks for the reminder.  I have no idea why this show returned but I'll watch just about anything Andy throws at me.

Yes!!!  Happy & .......  I guess that's why "Haythere" girl was bothering me.  

• Love 3

I actually like Katherine and give her major props for turning Lyle down.  It seems like her family, friends, and Lyle are all bent out of shape over her ultimately making a really mature decision.  

The brunette (Hannah?) is beyond dull.  Her boyfriend/not boyfriend that she doesn't want to nag, but nags constantly is not much more interesting than she is.  

I like Daniel and I like the interior decorator.  I don't miss Ashley at all.  

The new girl is absolutely gorgeous and I'm not sure if the original girls truly like her..  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jack Terrier said:

Before I forget.  Wasn't there another brunette on last season? 

Yes, there was. She had another weird as eff name that began with an H. She was marrying a muslim or something like that and her parents weren't thrilled. 

So now we are down to two couples that are or aren't broken up, and two singles Daniel and Hagood. I can not stand any of them. Catherine with the stuffed up nose still has no job? She freakin' 32! Who is paying for that nice place she just moved in to? Mommy and Daddy I suppose. What a waste of space she is. 

These people have NOTHING going on. I don't know how they managed to eek out another season. BRAVO must have been desperate to fill a time slot. 

At least we got to see a little more of Savannah. Such a pretty little town wasted on this bunch. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Is Hagood single I thought it was said that she was dating a friend of Lyle named Alex and that was her intro to the group.

Her family’s rice is delicious though expensive as hell.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Is Hagood single I thought it was said that she was dating a friend of Lyle named Alex.

If she is, he wasn't on last night. Maybe he's smart enough to not want to be associated with this mess. On second thought, if he's a friend of Lyle's I doubt he's much of a winner. 

• Love 1

She’s not single, at least according to bravotv.com—-she and the fella she mentioned have been going out for 6 months now. Hope he’s better off and more driven than the rest of this group, yeesh...

(edited)

I admit I fell asleep after OC finished (who am I kidding, I fell asleep 40 minutes in) so applause to ya'll who took one for the team. 

There, that was my southern appreciation for the charm-less.(the show, not the posters, just clearing that up in advance).

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1

I tried to watch a little of this. Yeah, it was kind of slow, but, I didn't actually hate it.  I did find it very bizarre that a couple who has dated since high school for maybe, 15 years and they are uncertain and not on the same page about marriage......are you kidding me? That's really funny.  I hope they get some professional help, but, it's just not that intriguing to watch, imo.  I'm not that familiar with these characters or their backgrounds, but, is somebody going to get disinherited if they don't marry? If not, they both need to move on.  Are they afraid that no one else is interested?  I can see that.  

Who's the guy who didn't dress properly for the occasion?  Ugghhh.....so annoying. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Hagood is gorgeous. 

But....HAGOOD??! Happy is a terrible name (what if you are a depressive??) but Hagood? 

I never watched this show when it was first on. Decided to catch up on it and then watched last night. Very dull cast. They just don’t have IT. 

The men aren’t hot enough. Daniel looks so dirty, ugh. Hannah and Catherine are pretty, just boring. I feel like I’m watching a show about some girls that would just live in my town-any old random people. Nothing stands out about them. 

Ashley was a bit more interesting, wish she was on. Perhaps Hagood (cough) will bring some excitement. 

Is it wrong that I secretly hoped that Lyle would try to kiss Hagood when they were hanging out? This show really needs a shot of spice! 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Hagood is gorgeous. 

But....HAGOOD??! Happy is a terrible name (what if you are a depressive??) but Hagood? 

I'm hoping it's a family surname (maybe her mother's maiden name?)…otherwise, yeesh.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I'm hoping it's a family surname (maybe her mother's maiden name?)…otherwise, yeesh.

Yes, Southerners and their surname names. Some are cute, but many sound awful (Palmer? Powell?). However, Hagood takes the cake. 

Somehow the spelling Haygood would make it a tiny drop more palatable. Instead it looks like Ha-Gude on paper, lmao. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 17/07/2018 at 10:33 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Happy!  The best entertainment I got from this show was (drunkenly) discussing her and her all H-named sisters with my friend and we could never remember the 3rd's name so I dubbed her Hiawatha.  Which I thought was hilarious, until my friend reminded me that Hiawatha was a man.  Boo!  Buzz kill.

Ok, now I'm doubting whether it is Happy that has the sisters?  Is it Hannah?  Way to be the worst story teller, TexasGal.  I will comfort myself in the knowledge that none of us cares that much.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 6

I like this show for some reason. As said above it really does seem like people you’d know from your own town which kind of draws me in instead of turns me off. 

But in my best Blanche Devereaux accent “My word ladies what in heavens will I do?   I am 39 down here in the South and nary a ring has been on this fingah!  What evah will become of me?”

Sure people marry young and get hitched but when Hagood lamented Catherine (or someone) could be THIRTY FIVE and not hitched I had to roll my eyes.  Way to advance us there!

Hannah just needs to realize Louis (who apparently developed some weird skin condition on his face) just isn’t her guy.  She’s old enough to know you go after people you don’t have to change.  When they were sitting on the bench and she in motherly tone was like “and what do you need to work on” and he parroted it back I thought for fucks sake - breaking up was best thing for both.  Life is way too short.  

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Sure people marry young and get hitched but when Hagood lamented Catherine (or someone) could be THIRTY FIVE and not hitched I had to roll my eyes.  Way to advance us there!

I didn’t mind it in context because he point was that of Louis didn’t see himself every being married to Hannah than he needs to tell her that because Hannah wants to get married and have children and she shouldn’t be wasting time with Louis if he doesn’t see that for them.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t mind it in context because he point was that of Louis didn’t see himself every being married to Hannah than he needs to tell her that because Hannah wants to get married and have children and she shouldn’t be wasting time with Louis if he doesn’t see that for them.

Ok. I didn’t watch as closely as I should  have.  Now I wonder how much I missed bc I didn’t know Louis didn’t want to marry and thought they were talking about Catherine. Maybe I do find this show dull :). Creating storylines for drama haha.

Edited by KnoxForPres
Wrong name
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 1:06 AM, For Cereals said:

Were those red and white things cookies?

Those were Brandon's much discussed tomato sandwiches.  All I got out of this episode was a hankering for some good tomatoes and a wondering if Catherine's liver or stomach lining are going to last her until the end of the calendar year.  It was quick, but in the dinner she had with Hannah and Hagood (gawd, that name!) at the start, Catherine had the vodka & soda, a glass of white wine, then a glass of red wine.  That's too much competing alcohol for one sitting!

Hannah and Catherine should swap dudes.  It won't improve the show any, but they'd be better suited that way.  And if they're gonna do another crossover with Original Recipe, Chelsea should do it, with the rest of her coworkers, and give the whole cast hair makeovers. They all have a "sophomore in college" level of nonstyle.                                                                                                                                                

Edited by Lizzing
correct types of drinks
  • Love 3

I was kind of excited for this to come back because the last two episodes of the previous season were weirdly compelling: Hannah's father confessing to Louis that he never loved her mother, the whole botched Lyle/Catherine engagement scene, Ashley's failure of a party and her abrupt divorce decision. But this episode was a pretty big snoozer. I mean, we watched Hannah play bocce ball in sweatpants at one point. That is not good TV. 

But. I liked the scenes with Brandon and his husband and Hagood seems like she might have some personality. (Her name may actually be Helen? Her Instagram handle is Helenhagood anyway.) So I'll give it another shot next week.

• Love 3

What is this show even about? I know doorknobs that are more compelling than these people. And what with the dude and his meth scabs all over his face? 

I lived in savannah briefly and while it was a pretty little town it is not terribly safe or sophisticated. 

• Love 7
On 7/17/2018 at 11:35 PM, Sage47 said:

Yes, Southerners and their surname names. Some are cute, but many sound awful (Palmer? Powell?). However, Hagood takes the cake. 

Somehow the spelling Haygood would make it a tiny drop more palatable. Instead it looks like Ha-Gude on paper, lmao. 

I keep reading it as Hag-Wood.

• Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 1:25 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I’ll join you on this admitted shame watch, @breezy424; can’t believe I’m actually giving this one another go just because I love the city of Savannah enough to slog through this schlock, because otherwise....ZzzzZZZZZZzzzzz....((paging OC Vicki here))

Good gravy, this show is just so boring and pointless. And still so oddly depressing.

It doesn’t help that these people are just so boring and lackluster. Not an ounce of charisma or light giddiness to spare here—-makes me almost miss skanky Ashley and her ambiguously gay buddy Nelson. Instead we get as their replacements a mousy rice heiress and a snarky old queen throwing lame canapé parties. Ugh!!!

What losers, along with some of the worst hair on reality tv right now too, I might add. 

Do any of them besides the gross long haired dude and the interior designer have actual careers beyond this show? Oh wait, new chick Hagoof is a sometime illustrator(and surprisingly enough, quite talented) who hopes to distill her own brand of sa-KAY(is it really pronounced that way? Seriously??) while Lou is the supposed sock king of Savannah...in his own head. So what the Hell do Hannah, Lyle and Catherine do besides get drunk, whine about their pathetic love lives and hang out like kids on eternal college break??

This sad show just proves how superior SC Charleston and even SC New Orleans are and how much this show truly taints the whole SC “brand” Whitney has started. Even on those other two SC series, at least their far more attractive casts have enough personality, wit and charisma to otherwise balance any lack of true local wealth and/or social standing with the otherwise unemployed cast members. 

I LOVE your summation! Best part of this horrid show is your write-up. 

I hate this cast, I hate their non-problems. I couldn't give a crap if those two losers get married. That illustrator is talented but not talented enough, the frizzy-haired man-bun is a boring putz, and that party was SO LAME! ( food looked good though, especially since I started the 16/8 fast and hadn't eaten since 4).

the whole thing was so boring, I got angry. I will enjoy not watching them, and if I'm not watching, it's a problem, because I'll watch anything. I actually enjoy bad tv. Really bad, like 'so bad it's good', but this isn't even good enough for that catagory. Yuck!

• Love 5
On 7/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, Jack Terrier said:

I really want to like this cast but I'm unable to understand the mumbling.  Catherine has a southern, valley girl slur that makes me nuts.

The show desperately needs Ashley back, and her pasty, flabby-but-skinny body, with her high-waisted underpants and striped ugly knee-high socks on the golf course. Lolololol! She the less intelligent, less attractive, less sophisticated, weird Katherine of this show. (Imagine Katherine seeming intelligent, sophisticated, and not weird next to someone???)

• Love 6
On 7/17/2018 at 11:33 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I remember Happy -Lord, these stupid, stupid names!- running around, desperately looking for shit to offend her. Ugh, what an ugly person she was. 

Ashley too, seeing the writing on the wall, and showing up to parties by the end just to fight with everybody to keep her paycheck. This cast. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

This show sucks.

Preach. How were Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil AND my trip to Savannah so magical, yet this gaggle of useless bores is such a pointless snooze? I'd rather watch Southern Charm: Rabun County, where Deliverance was filmed.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I LOVE your summation! Best part of this horrid show is your write-up. 

I hate this cast, I hate their non-problems. I couldn't give a crap if those two losers get married. That illustrator is talented but not talented enough, the frizzy-haired man-bun is a boring putz, and that party was SO LAME! ( food looked good though, especially since I started the 16/8 fast and hadn't eaten since 4).

the whole thing was so boring, I got angry. I will enjoy not watching them, and if I'm not watching, it's a problem, because I'll watch anything. I actually enjoy bad tv. Really bad, like 'so bad it's good', but this isn't even good enough for that catagory. Yuck!

Why thank you, @VedaPierce! Stay tuned...there will be more write-up’s here, and I imagine equal amounts of shock and disdain that this shit got a second season and these boring/ugly people are back on television screens.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Preach. How were Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil AND my trip to Savannah so magical, yet this gaggle of useless bores is such a pointless snooze? I'd rather watch Southern Charm: Rabun County, where Deliverance was filmed.

As a Northerner who lived in rural Georgia for four years, I just want to thank you so much for this comment. This comment is literally more entertaining than anything I have seen on this show (by a long shot). I actually burst out laughing.

Also, at least as of a couple of years ago, the little boy from Deliverance works as a greeter at the Walmart in Rabun County. I think Whitney needs to get in on this and recruit him!

ETA: Here’s the banjo boy today! And an article about the movie, for those interested.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/great-reads/deliverance/

0ADB49AC-6240-45AE-B648-0D0521F7BDF1.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 3
On 7/22/2018 at 7:24 AM, VedaPierce said:

I hate this cast, I hate their non-problems. I couldn't give a crap if those two losers get married

Wow, do I disagree with this.  I think it's quite good and I enjoyed every minute of the party.  Way better than Charleston, to my mind.

• Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 10:27 AM, Jack Terrier said:

Before I forget.  Wasn't there another brunette on last season?  Am I watching too much Bravo and confusing this cast with another?

Hannah, Louis, Catherine, Lyle, Daniel, Ashley, Nelson (where is he - totally forgot about him too!)

Yes... Where is Nelson!!? He would liven this up - the first episode was super boring and Lyle looked drunk during most of it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

Yes... Where is Nelson!!? He would liven this up - the first episode was super boring and Lyle looked drunk during most of it. 

The canned him for being a racist, transphobic liar.

• Love 2