Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: 13 : Road to the Finals & Live Finale

• Start Topic

Here's the scoop -

In the two-hour Season Finale on TUESDAY, MAY 20 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) the show will begin with a high-energy performance featuring a reunion of all 12 of this season's couples as well as the judges. Then, as decided on by a Twitter vote, one of the three remaining couples will perform their Freestyle dance as an encore. The finale will also feature a performance to "Livin' La Vida Loca," by Team Loca, giving viewers at home a chance to watch the routine live with Amy Purdy, as she was unable to dance during the original Team Night due to an injury. Additionally, viewers will be treated to encore performances by Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke to "You Can't Sit Down," Nene Leakes to "Grown Woman" featuring six Pro Dancers, Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy to "Be Our Guest," and Charlie White and Sharna Burgess to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." Additionally, Olympic Gold Medalist partners Charlie and Meryl will dance together for the first time. In the last element of competition, the couples will perform a new routine as part of a "24 Hour Fusion Challenge." The remaining couples will Fuse two contrasting dance styles that they've performed this season and they'll have less than 24 hours to prepare that dance for judges' points.

Aw, a Charlie and Meryl dance. I didn't like the idea before, but now I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if it will just be an adaptation of one of their ice dancing programs - when would Meryl have time to learn yet another dance?

• Love 1

Tuesday's finale is going to conclude with the dramatic event we've all been waiting for - the physical collapse of Meryl Davis!  Erin and Tom will get her final thoughts as she's loaded into the ambulance with her Mirrorball Trophy!

• Love 7

So poor Danica has to drag herself out there to perform with 3 finalists in the Team Loca dance? Of course, I suppose one of the 3 will likely have already been eliminated by Tuesday night, but still that is kind of a slap in the face? 

Bitsy, your comment about Meryl's physical collapse being the final shot of the night cracked me up. Poor girl. Jeez. 

(edited)

There's been a lot of talk about Maks and his track record with the Freestyle Dance in past finales.  There's been a lot of speculation about Meryl and Maks' Freestyle dance based on the following tweet:

Jason Nathanson ‏@ABCNewsJason 2h
Chatting with @MaksimC and @Meryl_Davis about their #DWTS freestyle - he says it's gonna be stripped down http://twitpic.com/e3wt0q

"Stripped down" could have several meanings, so make of that what you will, but the speculation on the board where this was posted (which is quite familiar with Meryl and has a good-sized following of DWTS and Maks' history on the show) is that this means Monday's Freestyle will have none of his previous choreography involving a bed (or other pieces of furniture) as a prop and will allow them to put the focus on their chemistry which is one of the most popular things about their partnership.

From my POV on the non-Meryl aspects, given that Contemporary is not one of his strong suits, it's hard to imagine Maks doing straight up contemporary for this particular dance.  My hope is that he has been open to input from Val, Sharna, and to a lesser extent, Charlie (with regard to lifts as he knows more than anyone about that area, especially when it comes to Meryl and her abilities).

ETA:  In this article about the finale (with interviews with each of the remaining teams), in the portion with Maks/Meryl, they were asked which is their favorite dance (and in Meryl's case, her favorite costume), and these were the answers:

Meryl: My favorite dance is our freestyle, which you’ll see. My favorite costume so far...hmm, I don’t know. I really liked my foxtrot costume.
Maks: Aside from the freestyle which you haven’t seen yet, it would be the foxtrot.

Article: http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2014/05/were-sharing-secrets-from-danc.html?mbid+twitter_glamourdotcom

This has me cautiously optimistic that we're going to see something new and (hopefully) special.  If not, they've possibly opened the door to potential criticism and/or backlash.

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 1
My hope is that he has been open to input from Val, Sharna, and to a lesser extent, Charlie (with regard to lifts as he knows more than anyone about that area, especially when it comes to Meryl and her abilities).

Tony, Henry, Karina, Cheryl. I have no doubt Maks has called in everyone he can possibly think of to help. No way on this earth is he going to risk blowing this freestyle. 

Tony, Henry, Karina, Cheryl. I have no doubt Maks has called in everyone he can possibly think of to help. No way on this earth is he going to risk blowing this freestyle. 

Can we blame Maks for the introduction of Contemporary to the show? I know that he called Mandy Moore for Erin's freestyle, but I don't know if it had been done as a style before that season.

• Love 1

"Stripped down" makes me think of Derek and Kellie's freestyle.  If he attempts something like that, then I don't even need to watch Tuesday.  The shippers will go crazy, the judges will lose their minds, Maks will be anointed as the new choreography god -- it's going to be ridiculous.  There will be tons of hyperbole thrown their way and I will be rolling my eyes.

• Love 1

Anyone up for predictions on how it will all shake out? I've basically been wrong all season in my hunches so I suspect this rundown will probably be totally incorrect, but it is still fun to guess! ;) 

1. Meryl and Maks

2. James and Peta - going out on a limb, I am giving those boyband fans A LOT of credit here

3. Amy and Derek

4. Candace and Mark

Also, since the episode description says we'll get an encore of one of the Freestyles on Tuesday night based on a Twitter vote, I predict we see Amy and Derek's freestyle again. I also almost think there is a small chance that Candace just squeaks by Amy for the 3rd spot. 

I agree with all of that - except the part about Candace.  She's definitely out Monday night.  There's a chance that Amy will pick up enough votes from an amazing freestyle and an Oprah endorsement to beat out James.

It sounds like James and Peta are going to be throwing everything at their freestyle including the kitchen sink. I expect this to be a massive production number. How very desperate.

• Love 1
How very desperate.

I was going to say that James  & Peta might be hurt if their freestyle is too trashy, but I think for James' voters, the trashier the better.  The lingerie samba got a big response online.

It sounds like James and Peta are going to be throwing everything at their freestyle including the kitchen sink. I expect this to be a massive production number. How very desperate.

Well, a desperate freestyle would sort of be keeping with their theme this season. Maybe they will actually toss the autographed photos they previously promised to people who voted for them directly into the audience during the freestyle? 

"Stripped down" makes me think of Derek and Kellie's freestyle.  If he attempts something like that, then I don't even need to watch Tuesday.  The shippers will go crazy, the judges will lose their minds, Maks will be anointed as the new choreography god -- it's going to be ridiculous.  There will be tons of hyperbole thrown their way and I will be rolling my eyes.

Do you have a link for Kellie and Derek's Freestyle?  I don't have the foggiest of which season they were on.

I love that Kellie/Derek freestyle - it's one of the ones that sparked the youtube rabbit hole I got myself in to get addicted to this show this season. If Maks and Meryl do something in the same tone, I'm all for it and hope it's awesome. I don't think Derek "owns" stripped down freestyles any more than Mandy Moore "owns" choreographing a dance around a table - and I'd personally like to see more of them. (With the caveat that not everyone could do it, it would get tonally boring to have everyone on the same energy level - I think you need a mix of energy levels and production levels or it's all going to look the same and no one would stand out.) 

• Love 2
(edited)

Tony and Melissa's freestyle was nothing like Kellie and Derek's in my opinion. If you consider every "contemporary" like freestyle similar, then you would have to say they did the same thing as Maks and Erin's number and yeah, no. Tony and Melissa was a lot of her awkwardly running around and flinging around and doing an impression of what one thinks a contemporary should be, imo. The strength of Derek and Kellie's freestyle I thought and Derek admitted this, is that Kellie's strength throughout was her athleticism.

It's why at times she was guilty I thought in her dancing of having poses and being almost military style precision but not having much emotion/performance and fluidity. That's where imo, Zendaya had her beat. But what Derek did was take that strength and play directly to it. That freestyle was a series of impressive extensions and really poses but it worked. That's what wowed people. I remember comments online after that were stuck on that move where he held her ankles and she leaned almost all the way to the floor. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I don't like contemporary, as a general rule, and wish it was not included as a regular DWTS dance.  I find it to be arrhythmic and completely divorced from the music most times, and I particularly dislike angsty contemporary, especially the 'make like a 2-year-old having a temper tantrum' move. 

And....Melissa and Tony's season 15 freestyle is in my top 3 of all time, along with Brook/Derek and Amber/bunch of cowboys.  M/T's contemporary was uplifting and inspiring and a perfect encapsulation of their all-stars journey.  Their music repeated the words "I Was Here" over and over, kind of like Melissa/Tony's statement to the crowd that they were HERE, along with all these trophy-holders. The lifts were elegant and very impressive, and the aerial performers for just a part of the performance did not take away focus from Melissa and Tony. Loved it.

The next season, I deliberately voted for Zendaya and Val in the final because I didn't want to encourage more people to do contemporary as their freestyle. Not a majority view, though.

Contemporary can also be very happy and joyful and fun and silly. My very favorite Wade Robeson piece on SYTYCD is the one with crash test dummies Kupona and Ashley, and I believe it was called contemporary.

If we get contemporary freestyles on Monday, I hope they are not of the angsty variety.

• Love 1

Tuesday's finale is going to conclude with the dramatic event we've all been waiting for - the physical collapse of Meryl Davis!  Erin and Tom will get her final thoughts as she's loaded into the ambulance with her Mirrorball Trophy!

So poor Danica has to drag herself out there to perform with 3 finalists in the Team Loca dance? Of course, I suppose one of the 3 will likely have already been eliminated by Tuesday night, but still that is kind of a slap in the face? 

Bitsy, your comment about Meryl's physical collapse being the final shot of the night cracked me up. Poor girl. Jeez. 

At least she has to start bawling uncontrollably! Cue (1) makeup running all over the face or (2) it doesn't run at all and ta-da, contracts for commercials with makeup companies!! :) I kid. The woman deserves the vacation that vacationed the vacationiest vacation ever.

So if I have this right Meryl will have 3 dances on Monday night. Freestyle,Judges choice and Argentine tango. Tuesday she will dance with Charlie, the Vida Loca group dance and the mashup with the possibility of also being the Twitter winner and repeating her freestyle? Are they going to buy her a pair of red shoes?

• Love 2

Here's hoping those are just rehearsal pants and not a clue to the costumes for that dance. Where is Sharna?? Someone get her in that rehearsal studio ASAP to tell them to never wear those pants to rehearsal again.

• Love 5

Whoever invented those damn pants should be slapped. Repeatedly.

But the little snippet we've been shown is beautiful. I think the failure with Erin's contemporary freestyle dance was simply that she wasn't able to pull off the style, but I think Meryl's got the skills to really make it special. At least, I hope it will be. Lord knows she and Maks will need to be on their game as the other couples will be bringing major productions.

• Love 3
(edited)

Aaah, I'm nervous for their freestyle now. I'm so surprised Maks is going to try and pull off another contemporary but here's hoping it works this time! At least Meryl will look great doing it as long as she points her toes. /ALM

So if I have this right Meryl will have 3 dances on Monday night. Freestyle,Judges choice and Argentine tango. Tuesday she will dance with Charlie, the Vida Loca group dance and the mashup with the possibility of also being the Twitter winner and repeating her freestyle? Are they going to buy her a pair of red shoes?

Hahaha. :)

Edited by fembotz

I gagged and I'm already rolling my eyes.  Why even do the whole dang show?  Just hand them the mirror ball at the beginning of the show on Monday and just end it.  It's pointless.

Did you really expect anything different? LOL There was no chance Maks was going for anything but a contemporary style full of showmancy moves that would send the shippers over the edge. I expect he'll work a kiss in there somewhere to really seal the deal.

LOL There was no chance Maks was going for anything but a contemporary style full of showmancy moves that would send the shippers over the edge. I expect he'll work a kiss in there somewhere to really seal the deal.

Bring it on!  I can't wait!

The shippers came up with a brilliant idea:  He's going to have them play the video of their first rehearsal where he said he wanted to marry her, and then he will actually propose live in studio, and then they will do their freestyle.  I think the proposal would be better after the freestyle culminates with a kiss, but either way.

Jeta's freestyle is probably going to include actual humping, so you've gotta fight fire with fire.

• Love 6

Aaah, I'm nervous for their freestyle now. I'm so surprised Maks is going to try and pull off another contemporary but here's hoping it works this time! At least Meryl will look great doing it as long as she points her toes. /ALM

The first thing I noticed were her pointed toes! I'm excited for their programs, but surprisingly more nervous than I thought I would be.

That video did a great job of building up the anticipation even more. That pose was actually quite nice! It kind of reminded me a little of one of Meryl and Charlie's moves from their Polovetsian Dances routine from their first senior season.

• Love 1

Candace will be praying for everyone's eternal souls during her freestyle. Considering how some fan factions are on the verge of going off the deep end this might be a wise choice.

• Love 2

The first thing I noticed were her pointed toes! I'm excited for their programs, but surprisingly more nervous than I thought I would be.

That video did a great job of building up the anticipation even more. That pose was actually quite nice! It kind of reminded me a little of one of Meryl and Charlie's moves from their Polovetsian Dances routine from their first senior season.

Meryl has done Foxtrot and Charlie has done both FT & Quickstep, I wonder if there's a possibility of getting to see their Short Dance on the floor. (That was a Foxtrot at the beginning of their SD, right?)

Did you really expect anything different? LOL There was no chance Maks was going for anything but a contemporary style full of showmancy moves that would send the shippers over the edge. I expect he'll work a kiss in there somewhere to really seal the deal.

I didn't expect anything different.  Having a showmance and playing up to the shippers is what Maks does.  It's what he's good at.  He can't go for the choreography so he goes for the showmance.  I'm sure there will be a kiss in there.  They might even full on make out.  That would really drive the shippers crazy.  I've always said that shippers ruin everything.  Boy, was that point proven this season.

But with the whole "stripped down" comment and just from that little bit, I can already see the similarities to Kellie and Derek's freestyle.  To me, it seems like he was inspired by Derek.

• Love 1

I didn't expect anything different.  Having a showmance and playing up to the shippers is what Maks does.  It's what he's good at.  He can't go for the choreography so he goes for the showmance.  I'm sure there will be a kiss in there.  They might even full on make out.  That would really drive the shippers crazy.  I've always said that shippers ruin everything.  Boy, was that point proven this season.

What a shame he already played the kissing for votes card with Kirstie. Several times. But I'm sure "this is obviously different". LOL

Maybe we should wait to see the freestyle and what's actually in it before we start condemning Maks for this or that?

Revisiting the red shoes comment, I really wish someone would do a freestyle of that one day. It's one or my favorite movies and one person could be the magician/shoe maker/villain and another the dancer. /pie in the sky dreams, lol

• Love 2

Thanks for this, Mehtotheworld. I hadn't seen that ice dance routine before and just played it on Youtube. It's interesting to see how far their performances have progressed in 7 years. I agree the the first pose in that routine looks something like what Maks and Meryl are doing in the teaser clip.

Maybe we should wait to see the freestyle and what's actually in it before we start condemning Maks for this or that?

Thank you, fembotz!  I understand Maks has non-fans but it really sounds to me like some people are actively hoping that he and Meryl will fail in the freestyle and are unhappy at the prospect they may actually do well. I'm just hoping Meryl and Maks stay true to what I think has worked best for them in the past - good dancing that resonates emotionally between the two of them and with the audience, without the need for a bunch of props, troupe and smoke.

I'm encouraged that both Meryl and Maks have said that the freestyle is their favorite dance. I loved their rumba-lite which they also loved.

• Love 6
(edited)

But with the whole "stripped down" comment and just from that little bit, I can already see the similarities to Kellie and Derek's freestyle.  To me, it seems like he was inspired by Derek.

I don't understand this comment at all.  I can only recall one partner with which  Maks might have been thought to have a "showmance," and that was Erin Andrews.  Only in that case, it wasn't a showmance but an actual pairing for a while.  I can't think of any other time.  There were rumors of a pairing with Willa Ford, but there was nothing played up on the show.  His partnerships with Tia, Brandy, Laila Ali, Mel B., Melissa seemed good but not a "showmance."  There certainly was no "showmance" with Hope.  Or with Kirstie.  That one time they kissed in the dance was not planned, and Kirstie admitted in an interview that she kissed Maks, and he had no idea it was coming.  They had some fun with it in other dances, but no one in their right mind (imo anyway) would have seriously thought for even a second that we were supposed to think they were romantically involved.  <lol>  I don't even see a "showmance" with Meryl.  They have a great partnership and some terrific chemistry, but I have seen nothing that makes me think it is anything more than that.  Some people have a need to pair up everyone around them like animals on the ark (and I absolutely agree with you that shippers ruin everything - drives me crazy), but that doesn't mean that Maks is instigating it.  He may play along with it in interviews by being coy and not flatly stating they're just friends, but unless you happen to be someone who frequents message boards or follows the pairs outside of the show (which most viewers don't), you wouldn't even know about that.  All you'd know is what you see on the show, and there's nothing there.  Now if Maks made stupid comments like, "we're trying to keep it platonic," then I'd think there was some basis for saying he's trying to push a showmance, but all he's ever said on the show is that they have a great friendship and he hopes it continues after the show.  He's not really feeding it, and Meryl certainly isn't.  I just think it's really unfair to claim that Maks can't do choreography so he just goes for showmance.  I don't know where that's coming from.  Maks has come up with some really wonderful choreography through the seasons.  The first person to actually kiss a partner during a performance was Derek.  And when asked, he was very coy about whether it was planned as part of the choreography or "just happened."  

I really feel bad for Maks this season.  The guy can't win no matter what he does.  When Derek plays to his partner's strengths, he's a genius and the best choreographer/teacher on the show.  When Maks does it, he's just copying Derek.  And if Maks went a different route for the freestyle and they lost, then it would be all "Maks sucks at the freestyle, and he cost Meryl the trophy."  Win or lose, Maks will get no credit for doing anything right with some people. 

Edited by LadyMustang65
  • Love 12

Maks had a showmance with Willa Ford before showmances were even a thing (complete with dancing and hugging on the beach at sunset), but why is this still being rehashed?  The topic has been beaten to death in every single thread on this board. 

I get that some people dislike Maks and/or his showmances.  Ok.  So what else is new?  It's so uninteresting to read the exact same rants over and over and over again.  We got it!  If you've got something new to say about the upcoming episode that you actually are interested in having a back-and-forth discussion about, cool.  But it feels like two or three people just come in here with a bullhorn periodically to yell the same old stuff.

• Love 5

Agree 100%, LadyMustang. I've been disappointed in the narrative I've heard so much this season which is basically if Meryl and Maks win, it is because it was setup and promised by the producers and no one else ever had a fair chance, if they lose, it only proves that Maks sucks so bad at being a pro that he can't even win with a ringer. He can't "win" either way in that scenario which is convenient if you don't like Maks. 

At this point, I almost hope James or Candace runs away with the thing and leaves everyone shaking their heads about what happened. 

I also think it is ridiculous to accuse Maks of copying Derek if he does a contemporary inspired freestyle, just as it was ridiculous for people to accuse Derek of copying those SYTYCD bench/table dances for Amy's jazz. It is a dance show that's been on for 18 seasons, at some point everyone is doing to be doing something that someone else has sort of done before in some way. And not to be nit-picky about it, but wasn't Maks' freestyle with Erin the first time someone did contemporary in a freestyle on this show? And then Tony and Melissa did it in the All-Star season? Tony and Melissa's is probably a better comparison since it didn't involve the much maligned bed and the lighting and costuming was even somewhat similar to Kellie and Derek's. Regardless of whether or not people felt those dances was as good as Derek and Kellie's, they were done first so should people accuse Derek of copying them? Of course not. It's just silly. 

There is a lot of baggage between fans of the pros, it guess. Lots of grievances carried for many seasons!

I think it is fair to accuse Maks x Meryl of showmancing, though. A few weeks ago I even had a friend who knows I am a big D/W fan who e-mailed me to ask if there was something going on with them. It's hard to miss how they're constantly hanging all over each other on the show. Maks is cuddly in general, I realize, but Meryl was never (even remotely) like this with Charlie so it's raised my eyebrows a bit. But maybe she takes her cues from Maks and he's extra cuddly this season because he's in a better mood, IDK. But the showmance label seems applicable. I also think you could say it about Willa and Erin (although they were actually involved, so does that count?) and perhaps for Brandy because I remember their (awkward tbh) staged "date" for their rehearsal package, but I don't get it re: Mel, Lalia's, and Kirstie. There was never any confusion there IMO. The first two had spouses/finances who visited their rehearsals even. I agree this topic seems played out to me, though!

• Love 2

When shomances are a thing they become THE thing the fans talk about. No matter what show. Reality or scripted. Plus when people love or hate something they talk about that a lot. Maks and Derek have a lot of love and hate so they are talked about a long with ships.

I worry we might see more showmances next seasons if Meryl&James end up 1 and 2 this season like Facebook is predicting. I'm hoping James (Or Amy) is out after Monday so Mark's Votes don't pass to Derek :p I'm not a fan of Maks but I want Meryl to win since she's far and away the best dancer left with Danica and Charlie leaving the last two weeks.

I really feel bad for Maks this season.  The guy can't win no matter what he does.  When Derek plays to his partner's strengths, he's a genius and the best choreographer/teacher on the show.  When Maks does it, he's just copying Derek.  And if Maks went a different route for the freestyle and they lost, then it would be all "Maks sucks at the freestyle, and he cost Meryl the trophy."  Win or lose, Maks will get no credit for doing anything right with some people.

Okay but why does Derek name come up with the "when he plays to his partner's strengths, he's a genius, etc." Personally I am just glad this season is ending period because I'm kind of really over the Derek vs. Maks stuff. As someone noted above, people have their favorites and those they don't like and it gets harped on a lot and Maks and Derek are the ones who are clearly the most focused on. 

Yes some are on Maks about his having showmances in the past and his freestyles (and to be fair, I've seen more comments about wanting Maks not to blow the freestyle from the people rooting for Meryl. It's like they're expecting him to fail) but how many times have I read about how much the show caters to Derek and he dances around his celebrities and they get overscored. Week after week those same comments get made. I mean for crying out loud, I still read about how Amber Riley won doing a "hand dance" - it was ONE dance that had hand choreography for 20 secs and her whole season gets categorized as that. 

My opinion is the praise and criticisms on both sides gets over the top and repetitive but maybe that's just the nature of boards. At some point you just start repeating yourself. But once again, that's why I said the only thing I'm really looking forward to is seeing Amber Riley perform because I love her. I have no comments on that Maks and Meryl video because it was like 3 seconds. 

• Love 3

I don't understand this comment at all.  I can only recall one partner with which  Maks might have been thought to have a "showmance," and that was Erin Andrews.  Only in that case, it wasn't a showmance but an actual pairing for a while.  I can't think of any other time.  There were rumors of a pairing with Willa Ford, but there was nothing played up on the show.  His partnerships with Tia, Brandy, Laila Ali, Mel B., Melissa seemed good but not a "showmance."  There certainly was no "showmance" with Hope.  Or with Kirstie.  That one time they kissed in the dance was not planned, and Kirstie admitted in an interview that she kissed Maks, and he had no idea it was coming.  They had some fun with it in other dances, but no one in their right mind (imo anyway) would have seriously thought for even a second that we were supposed to think they were romantically involved.  <lol>  I don't even see a "showmance" with Meryl.  They have a great partnership and some terrific chemistry, but I have seen nothing that makes me think it is anything more than that.  Some people have a need to pair up everyone around them like animals on the ark (and I absolutely agree with you that shippers ruin everything - drives me crazy), but that doesn't mean that Maks is instigating it.  He may play along with it in interviews by being coy and not flatly stating they're just friends, but unless you happen to be someone who frequents message boards or follows the pairs outside of the show (which most viewers don't), you wouldn't even know about that.  All you'd know is what you see on the show, and there's nothing there.  Now if Maks made stupid comments like, "we're trying to keep it platonic," then I'd think there was some basis for saying he's trying to push a showmance, but all he's ever said on the show is that they have a great friendship and he hopes it continues after the show.  He's not really feeding it, and Meryl certainly isn't.  I just think it's really unfair to claim that Maks can't do choreography so he just goes for showmance.  I don't know where that's coming from.  Maks has come up with some really wonderful choreography through the seasons.  The first person to actually kiss a partner during a performance was Derek.  And when asked, he was very coy about whether it was planned as part of the choreography or "just happened."  

Taking my response over to Maks's folder.

Okay but why does Derek name come up with the "when he plays to his partner's strengths, he's a genius, etc." Personally I am just glad this season is ending period because I'm kind of really over the Derek vs. Maks stuff. As someone noted above, people have their favorites and those they don't like and it gets harped on a lot and Maks and Derek are the ones who are clearly the most focused on. 

With the Maks vs. Derek stuff I end up feeling like this: 

why-don-t-we-have-both-o.gif

Amy and Meryl's dances are the ones I've been enjoying the most all season, and the final dances I'm most looking forward to seeing. The one vs. the other gets really annoying. I find myself holding my breath a bit more for Amy, and re-watching her dances on youtube more often, but that's not to say "when" ;) Meryl wins I won't think it's a deserving result. And hopefully James and Candace surprise me and turn in performances I really enjoy. 

• Love 1