Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05 Episode 5 2018.07.15

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I mean... obviously if he’s in debilitating pain, no, he should not be working. . I just assumed that went without saying. However, they have not shown that he is suffering from those symptoms as of yet.

And I still maintain there is a difference between brain and pancreatic cancer. 

But we actually have seen him suffer those symptoms. The whole reason he went to the hospital and found out he had cancer was because he passed out. He also clearly had some kind of episode of pain when he was about to get into his car because he had to stop and brace himself for a moment. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Cole made the right decision to leave Luisa - she transformed into a total B. Seems the type who loves to complain and create issues. Whether he will stick with it? Who knows. He's weak. I hope he gets back with Alison - she "seems" to have sort of gotten it together.

I think Ben is stalking Alison for some reason. He had known (from at her office) that she was going to that convention. He joked at the convention he was stalking her. What is the reason and what is he up to? Of course the writers may be doing a fake out and maybe it will turn out he's fine. maybe he and his wife really are in the final stages and he will tell Alison. I don't know though - he seems smarmy, and with 2 identities.

Regarding the foreshadowing, beginning segments, I was thinking Cole touches base with Noah for the drive back to NY, for some reason.  On that trip they learn Alison is missing - that gas station is in PA, on their way to NY, but how does the black kid (Noah's student, who I guess he has as a protege) get into the picture then? Maybe Noah is so impressed with the student they take him with them, so he can talk to publishers in NYC. 

Edited by riverclown
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

He's leaving himself wide open to a huge malpractice suit.

It wouldn't matter to him - he will be long gone by the time it would come to pass. Though I can see him being bothered by the idea of his reputation being sullied, even after death.

Then the lawyers would sue his estate and his parents life insurance policy would be considered fair game. 

• Love 1

Does Vik expect Helen to have his child and turn it over to his parents, or just keep it herself with no support from him (physically or financially)? I can’t see her having the baby and having anything to do with the parents once Vik is gone. If it’s his immortality he’s worried about he could just donate sperm regularly until he can’t anymore, although age restrictions might prohibit this. I’m sure lots of women would choose cute doctor sperm and there would be a bunch of little Viklets (or Viklettes) in the future. Or he could just freeze some sperm and leave it to his parents along with all of his assets, then once the parents accept that he’s gone they could select a surrogate to carry their grandchild(ren) if they so choose. 

As to why Ben is stalking Alison, could it be that he read Noah’s book and became obsessed with the real person it was based on?

Count me in as wanting to see Cole and Alison back together.

• Love 6

Wasn't he just found collapsed on the floor leading to his diagnosis?  Didn't he hunch over in pain in this episode and have to collect himself before getting into his car?  Those are potential issues in the middle of surgery.   

Yes, yes and yes.

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing about Nan vs. Cherry—we only have Nan's word that Cherry threatened suicide if Gabriel didn't come home.  And Nan probably only had Gabriel's word for that herself.

If Cherry was pregnant at the time he left for his 'walkabout,' then he left her during a very vulnerable time to go find his so-called 'soul mate,' (I don't believe there is such a thing.)

It's totally on Gabriel that he chose to leave Cherry, and then leave Nan.  It's also totally on him that he chose not to live a full, happy life with his kids on the ranch, but rather decided he was unfairly trapped with no way out. I understand that depression (along with alcoholism) can leave someone feeling unable to help themselves but I still believe that Gabriel's fate was his to own.  

I felt that Nan painted too rosy a picture of her time with Gabriel. As someone up thread said, they never got out of the 'honeymoon' phase, so it is easy to think they would have always loved each other. 

And excuse me, but if I found a bunch of letters from some woman to my husband, I would send them back to her. Especially if I had read them.  (And I probably would, because I like to torture myself.) And I don't think I would have written a nice note saying, 'Thought you should have all these back, since he's dead.'  

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 16
(edited)

Honestly, if I were Vic... I would break up with Helen, say adios to the parents, resign from my job, and go off to some peaceful island paradise somewhere where I could live out the rest of my days in peace. He can afford it. Of course, this place would also need to have excellent medical services. 

Selfish... maybe but I don’t care cause I’M dying.

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 6

Obviously I've been watching half-assed did Vic go to the hospital where he practices? That cancer would be a well known fact after the radiologist reading cat scan put diagnosis  on paper. . So if he screws up during surgery I see the hospital being sued. It would be about timing if parents received benifit   quickly ( seems reasonable since no other family members) then parents wouldn't be responsible. 

Since he's not choosing treatment  Bandolero that island would only need good drugs

• Love 3

I hope that Sierra isn't pregnant. It's such an obvious conclusion with all of the baby talk and I hate that it's so predictable. I hope that Vik cheating on Helen is the excuse that she uses to leave him and take the kids (and Noah) back to NYC. I'm not really enjoying the CA stuff.

As for Vik wanting a baby to "give" to his parents: that's all kinds of fucked up and assumptive so whatever. I hope he fails.

I always knew that Cole would never quit Alison. He's pathetic. I don't think Alison is checking for him like that and hasn't for years. He's another one who seems to enjoy blowing up his own life just when it settles down.

Nan got Vacation Gabriel, not the real guy. I'm a big fan of the show 90 Day Fiance, and this happens to a lot of couples. They meet on a trip (usually an exotic island), have wild sex for a while, file the paperwork, then one person moves to be with the other and reality hits like a ton of bricks. It's a tale as old as time. Cherry has been revealed to be the most cold-blooded, badass bitch on the show. I wonder how long she knew about the letters? I'm sure she enjoyed sending them back but not revealing that he'd died, thereby letting the mistress think for the last couple of decades that she'd been cast aside. I might have done the same, actually. Ha! Screw her, screw him, scorched earth.

• Love 15
On 7/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

did anyone else think Cole was gonna sleep with nan ? 

Yes. And for a brief moment I was bracing for Delphine to tell Cole she was his sister in the their last scene together.

• Love 19
(edited)
21 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I always knew that Cole would never quit Alison. He's pathetic. I don't think Alison is checking for him like that and hasn't for years. He's another one who seems to enjoy blowing up his own life just when it settles down.

Nan got Vacation Gabriel, not the real guy. I'm a big fan of the show 90 Day Fiance, and this happens to a lot of couples. They meet on a trip (usually an exotic island), have wild sex for a while, file the paperwork, then one person moves to be with the other and reality hits like a ton of bricks. It's a tale as old as time. Cherry has been revealed to be the most cold-blooded, badass bitch on the show. I wonder how long she knew about the letters? I'm sure she enjoyed sending them back but not revealing that he'd died, thereby letting the mistress think for the last couple of decades that she'd been cast aside. I might have done the same, actually. Ha! Screw her, screw him, scorched earth.

Cole is extremely pathetic.  Alison could care less about him except how it pertains to her getting and doing whatever it is she wants at the moment.  They're getting along now because everything is cool with the custody situation with Joanie.  She has no use for him at the moment.  And she still blames him for Gabriel and is lying about his brother's death.  But Cole is so pathetic he'll take it I guess.

As for Cherry, I couldn't agree more.  This show is so twisted that the people who are being wronged and betrayed are seen as the villains and expected to just take whatever their lying, cheating, coward of a spouse/partner dishes at them.  Good for Cherry for putting that woman in check.  I mean, the gall.  Cherry didn't do anything to Gabriel.  If he wanted out so bad, he should have gotten out.  Same with Cole's lame ass.  And he's still bitter about Noah?  Hey Cole?  You ARE Noah.  A lying, selfish, coward of a cheater.  

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 14
On 7/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, chabelisaywow said:

I'm sorry, I just heard "Carrie" and screamed "dirty pillows!"  (I thought the actress was Anne Archer.

I thought it was Anne Archer too.  Actually sat through the end credits to see who it was and then was like, duh!  She looked amazing.  

Cole was such a bitch up on his high-horse.  "I'm married!"  Like Nan should give AF.

It's California, man.  We don't care who's married,  we just wanna surf, cleanse our crystals, smoke dope and party.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Razzberry said:

Cole was such a bitch up on his high-horse.  "I'm married!"  Like Nan should give AF.

At the table read, they probably paused after that line, looked at each other and and then laughed for a good while.

Which show did they think this was?

• Love 8

that island would only need good drugs.

I read this too fast the first time and read "would only need good dogs." And agreed wholeheartedly.

Obviously I've been watching half-assed did Vic go to the hospital where he practices? That cancer would be a well known fact after the radiologist reading cat scan put diagnosis  on paper

We don't know where he went. If they went by ambulance, they would take him to the closest open ER. That may or may not be the same place he works. Regardless - it should be the case that his medical records are kept private and only the people directly involved in his treatment would know his diagnosis. The reality is that hospitals are hotbeds of gossip and everyone would know about 2 minutes after diagnosis. 

Having said all that - pancreatic cancer would be diagnosed after a biopsy. A CT would only show a mass (or masses) on the pancreas - and Stage IV indicates that it's spread so he has cancer elsewhere in his body too. But for a definitive cancer diagnosis they would biopsy the mass.

• Love 5
(edited)

Last season after Cole and Alison slept together, she told him she loved him and wanted to be with him, but she’d wait for him to decide it was what he wanted. So, I think it’s fair to say she cares about him. Also, in the first season(?) he basically admitted he blamed her for Gabriel’s death because she didn’t take Cherry’s advice to take him to the hospital, thinking she knew better. (And I don’t find Alison blaming Cole or Cole blaming Alison to be egregious behavior or in any way indicative that either one of them is flawed because of this one thing—that’s a natural reaction to a tragedy—but once those feelings are felt and expressed, they do serious damage to a relationship.) 

During this episode, I briefly wondered if the storyline in any way resonated with Amy Irving, since she was the Cherry to Steven Spielberg, and Kate Capshaw was the Nan—according to my scan of tabloids while I waited to pay for my groceries way back in the day.

Edited by Rockfish
  • Love 11
On 7/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, chick binewski said:

I just...hated this entire episode (I'm sorry to post that when everyone sounds like they loved it). I thought some of Vic's thoughts & emotions rang true but then waif neighbor showed up. And Nan sounded completely full of be'shert. 

I was willing to play along with the walkabout, but I just didn't recognize Cole at all. Sure, he's up for a good salon and he'll sleep with rando girl after professing his devotion to Alison. I get trying to make the connection between Nan and Alison, but it's impossible for me to see Cheri as the bad guy in this scenario. Gabriel hung himself on her kid's birthday? I don't think I could process much understanding for several years; obviously she changed her outlook since she's the one who sent Cole to CA.

Next week: the FAA is completely disarmed by Alison''s charms!

I too did not take away that Cherry was a “villian.” I mean...if the suicide threat was real...then Cherry was quite in need of mental health services...not her husband to come home and knock her up three more times, followed by being a nasty drunk who then kills HIMSELF.

Are we supposed to think Gabriel was “noble” in leaving his vacation “fling” to “save” his wife and unborn child? 

I wonder what people would have thought if Helen had said that to Noah...and what he should have done...

• Love 3

Hadn't realized until this episode that Cole's father was Gabriel.  Considering Cole's attitude about his father, and the fact he committed suicide on Cole's 10th birthday, the decision to name his son Gabriel is curious.   

• Love 14
17 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Yes. And for a brief moment I was bracing for Delphine to tell Cole she was his sister in the their last scene together.

Ha! Fun.

4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Hadn't realized until this episode that Cole's father was Gabriel.  Considering Cole's attitude about his father, and the fact he committed suicide on Cole's 10th birthday, the decision to name his son Gabriel is curious.   

Honestly. What a douche of a dad.

• Love 4

This forum is it's own version of the show. I guess the varying opinions of who is a so called good guy/bad guy for you in the story is influenced by whether you are married or not, have ever been on the cheating or cheater side of an affair or not. What stage of parenting you are in, etc.  I know that 20 years ago I would have related differently to these characters and been triggered into a judgey seizure by some of the choices being made. This is the kind of show that could be revisited in a decade to see who you relate to and you might be surprised. 

• Love 17

The more I consider what's been revealed, and the choice to include the flashback to the Lockhart family dinner table a couple seasons back, I'm wondering if we're headed for Cole uncovering unsuspected truth about what his father was dealing with in regards to Cherry?  Cole has been living under the assumption dad was a nightmare.  Cole was a young kid when dad died, shockingly and tragically.  Memories are funny things.  Our psyches do strange things when memories are particularly frightening and painful.  

Wondering how Cherry reacts if Cole reveals he met Nan?  Really curious now if Cherry in fact engineered the naming of her grandson.

I know several have commented they will be upset if Cherry is revealed to be a bad person because they like Mare Winningham.  I like her as well.  I'm guessing as an actress she might enjoy sinking her teeth into being the heavy.  

• Love 4
On 7/17/2018 at 10:17 AM, Rockfish said:

I think we’re all being a little unfair to Crocodile Dundee—he, too, helped get Walkabout into our everyday vernacular. 

I think it was the 1971 movie Walkabout that did that.

I thought the first season showed that Cherry was a bad person.  Because of her, when they were forced to sell the farm, there was only money to cover the bills.  No one got a big payout from selling a substantial piece of property.  In contrast, Cole and Luisa took the profits from the sale of Alison's grandparent's beach house, and have done pretty well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Wondering how Cherry reacts if Cole reveals he met Nan?

I kind of think she wanted him to meet Nan and know the truth about his father. After all, she suggested the walkabout and she provided the location (and the postcard) of where Gabriel went.  Granted, she didn't tell Cole where to go but she knows him well enough to know how suggestible he is and to call her manipulative wouldn't be inaccurate.  I feel like if I never wanted my son to know the truth about his cheating father, I probably wouldn't hand him what was essentially a map to finding his mistress. Her motivation is more curious to me.  Did she want him to hate his father even more because he was a cheater? Did he think this revelation would cause him to leave Luisa or stay with her? I'm not sure which it is but regardless, it adds a layer to the character of Cherry. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

I think it was the 1971 movie Walkabout that did that.

Huh, I’ve never heard of this movie, but I was a little kid when it was released. Looks interesting, though, and it has Jenny Agutter from Logan’s Run—I wanted to look just like her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought the first season showed that Cherry was a bad person.  Because of her, when they were forced to sell the farm, there was only money to cover the bills. 

Wasn't the bigger problem that she lied for years about how much the ranch was worth and how much they all stood to gain when they finally sold it?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, LydiaE said:

The Cole part of the episode was ridiculous!  I also feel badly that Cherry is always portrayed as a quasi-villain on the show.  Geez. Being married to Cole's dad couldn't have been easy.

I get Vic's struggles and his anger, but why isn't the million dollar life insurance policy enough to repay his alleged debt to his parents? Why is a child necessary? Most parents sacrifice for their children. It's just part of the deal and you don't expect repayment.

The overacting on the part of the mother of the child that Vic operated on was cringeworthy.

I thought the Cole part of the episode was an embarrassing piece of shit! I was yelling at the tv - “this is ridiculous!”

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Wasn't the bigger problem that she lied for years about how much the ranch was worth and how much they all stood to gain when they finally sold it?

She had remortgaged it over and over, so while it was worth a lot, they were much deeper in debt than any of the kids understood, and when it sold, it went to pay those debts.  Perhaps her biggest fault was in trying to hold on to the land too long. 

• Love 4

I live two towns down the coast from Morro Bay. They were here filming in January and the local Chambers of Commerce wet themselves with delight at prospect of attracting more tourists. I get that they chose Morro Bay for the beach setting. But we were rolling with laughter at the very idea of an intellectual salon based on old white hippies who practice santeria. In the late 70s, Morro Bay was known for its large population of tourists from the Central Valley, especially Bakersfield, and senior citizen retirees. And nothing much has changed since then, except real estate values.

If Nan is a genius, it's because she bought a huge house with an enormous oceanfront (presumably while being a real hippie banging angsty Long Islanders) 40 years ago. And she's a genius if she can make enough off her art gallery to pay her property taxes. 

Another financial improbability: how did Vik get a invitation-only Black Amex card if he always lived frugally to support his parents. Comes in handy when you have that epiphany about everyone in your life being opportunistic users, I guess.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/19/2018 at 9:37 AM, cardigirl said:

She had remortgaged it over and over, so while it was worth a lot, they were much deeper in debt than any of the kids understood, and when it sold, it went to pay those debts.  Perhaps her biggest fault was in trying to hold on to the land too long. 

Exactly. She's made poor financial decisions, but I don't think that in and of itself makes her a bad person. She was a single mom raising four children, and her husband apparently wasn't much help even before he killed himself. She was probably hoping her sons would be able to recoup the money when they're grown.

I didn't like this episode due to all the Manic Pixie Dream Girl/Free Spirited Californian cliches already mentioned above. I feel no sympathy whatsoever for Gabriel Sr - he sounds like a flake who forgot all about his vows to his wife the moment life got hard, and if he'd stayed with Nan, he would have eventually treated her the same way. And I absolutely hated Delphine - for a minute I thought we were going to get another round of Eau So French, but even though she's from Idaho, she served no purpose. We already knew Cole wants to get back with Alison because he cheated on Luisa with her.

The Vik/Sierra part was also cliche, and I can't believe he's still operating. What happened to "first do no harm"?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Ursula Parrott said:

In the late 70s, Morro Bay was known for its large population of tourists from the Central Valley, especially Bakersfield, and senior citizen retirees. And nothing much has changed since then, except real estate values.

I'm glad to see our central coast getting some attention, but HBO did the same with Monterey in Big Little Lies, making it an exclusive enclave for the wealthy instead of the working class tourist town it is. 

• Love 3

She's made poor financial decisions, but I don't think that in and of itself makes her a bad person.

I don't think that she is a bad person and I don't think that her kids thought that she was because of bad financial decisions - but she did intentionally mislead them for a long time about what they would get for selling the ranch - wasn't the daughter in law talking about European travel? Even after they decided to sell, Cherry didn't come clean.

I can't believe he's still operating. What happened to "first do no harm"?

Absolutely agree that he needs to stop surgery, now. But he hasn't actually harmed anyone. Yet.

1 hour ago, Razzberry said:

I'm glad to see our central coast getting some attention, but HBO did the same with Monterey in Big Little Lies, making it an exclusive enclave for the wealthy instead of the working class tourist town it is. 

Haven't been to Monterey in a long time.

But I heard around Big Sur, there's an annual collector's car show, where rich car collectors fly in to show off their toys or trade?

And I imagine the annual golf tournament at Pebble Beach, Spyglass, etc. brings in the jet set types too?

• Love 1

Interesting and compelling episode, though it veered off into ridiculous with the exorcism and crystals and whatnot.  I keep trying to remember I'm watching the character's perspective, so maybe Cole's perspective of Morro Bay was a tiny bit exaggerated and surreal.

A couple things stood out to me.

I was really irritated when Cole was putting his "I hate you, Allison!" rocks around the fire.  He didn't think to mention that he hated Allison for lying about Joanie's parentage and robbing him of two years with his daughter.  Why does the show keep ignoring that?!  Is he supposed to have forgiven Allison and it doesn't bother him at all and he has no residual feelings about it?

When Vik talks with his parents about what he is leaving them, he says the $1M life insurance will go to his parents after he dies AND his "decent savings" will all also go to his parents (I re-watched this part with cc to make sure I'd heard him right).  So, none would go to this child that he is trying to have with Helen for the sake of his parents.  What a big FU to Helen and the potential child!  I'm glad he seemed to realize, while talking with Sierra, how ridiculous it was that he was trying to have a baby to leave for his parents.  What did he think would happen?  They would take and raise the child?  Or that Helen would hang around in LA so her former in-laws could hate her while turning the grandbaby into their surrogate Vik?  He clearly hadn't thought that through.  What he wanted was creepy!  I don't condone Helen's lying to Vik about the shots, but he wasn't at all  thinking about her or the child - just his parents - so I ain't mad at her for it. 

Amy Irving was great, though I had no idea that was her until coming here.  I usually don't enjoy entire segments focused on sudden new characters (looking at you, Delphine), but Amy Irving really made me feel the Nan and Gabriel walkabout romance.

• Love 2
On 7/18/2018 at 2:53 PM, Double A said:

This forum is it's own version of the show. I guess the varying opinions of who is a so called good guy/bad guy for you in the story is influenced by whether you are married or not, have ever been on the cheating or cheater side of an affair or not. What stage of parenting you are in, etc.  I know that 20 years ago I would have related differently to these characters and been triggered into a judgey seizure by some of the choices being made. This is the kind of show that could be revisited in a decade to see who you relate to and you might be surprised. 

Excellent point!!

• Love 1
On 7/18/2018 at 4:59 PM, Rockfish said:

Huh, I’ve never heard of this movie, but I was a little kid when it was released. Looks interesting, though, and it has Jenny Agutter from Logan’s Run—I wanted to look just like her.

We actually watched that film in class in middle school/jr high in the mid/late 1970s....different world then.

Had the hugest crush on Jenny Agutter growing up.

• Love 1
On 7/20/2018 at 1:24 PM, scrb said:

Haven't been to Monterey in a long time.

But I heard around Big Sur, there's an annual collector's car show, where rich car collectors fly in to show off their toys or trade?

And I imagine the annual golf tournament at Pebble Beach, Spyglass, etc. brings in the jet set types too?

Good points.  The Pebble Beach "Concours d'Elegance" is like the Olympics of vintage car shows for people with money to burn..

On 7/15/2018 at 5:48 PM, preeya said:

I may be wrong, but in the scene where Vik and Sierra "get it on," didn't it look as if Sierra had scars underneath her breast(s), or were they surgical markings for a planned procedure?

Tatoo?

This show is exhausting. I'll be in the minority and say that while the actor playing Vik was amazing I have reduced sympathy for him after he cheated on Helen. It's not actually that he cheated but Moreso that were once again supposed to see Helen as the bad guy for lying to him. 

I had to laugh at Delphine telling Cole that Alison was a lucky girl. Ha! What about his actual wife?

It bugs me that were supposed to think of Cole and Alison as the victims of their own star crossed love while Noah and Helen are always the bad guys who seem to face consequences for being shitty people. 

Syre Noah still gets laid but he's been to prison and bullied, cheated on and was lied to about one of his kids paternity.

Helen gets cheated on by everyone and it's more or less depicted as her fault because she's selfish.

• Love 4

I'm only a few minutes into this episode thinking I was going to read how this show has Jumped the Shark in a major way.  I just couldn't get over the convo in the car with Vik.  "I like to cum but my boyfriend...when did you learn to fuck?"  Seriously.  That was just so fucking ridiculous.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

"I like to cum but my boyfriend...when did you learn to fuck?"  Seriously.  That was just so fucking ridiculous.

The worse part is that he hooked up with her in the end. When she was saying that at the beginning she didn't know he was sick, she was literally just trying to bag a taken man despite trying to make friends with his other half the episode or two previous. Instead of showing it for what it is though we're supposed to think they've connected though and she gets him in a way Helen doesn't.

Blech.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Chas411 said:

we're supposed to think they've connected though and she gets him in a way Helen doesn't.

According to Vik's point of view, at the moment. The point of view of a man who's just begun to grapple with what it means to know that he'll soon die in the prime of life, who is furious with his parents and his partner for many things -- mostly, for surviving him -- and so, is about to have sex with his neighbor, a stranger he doesn't need to perceive as a person. 

• Love 1

I do get that but it's just eyerolling to me the way. 

Kind of the same way Coles - I hate you rant - about Alison was really just him saying he hated her for being so wonderful he can't stop loving her rather than calling her out in any of the number of shit things she's done to him over the years.

• Love 2

Ok...my 2 cents:
1) Cole drives across the continent, over 3,000 miles, stays about 2 days, then starts back another 3,000 miles to Montauk. Eh?  Are you kidding?  And his jeep looks pristine?  On what planet?
2) Noah, once again, demonstrates that he, too, has that certain something that makes the opposite sex just want to jump his bones (Helen, Allison, the Jersey college French professor, now the charter school principal, etc).
3) Vik...ah Vik...having a tough time with demanding parents?  Oh for pete's sake...grow a pair and move on!  But the Porsche is a great move.  Next time, get the Ferrari!  And make it red.
4) And Alison?  Ah yes.  Some on this board appear to be mystified by Alison's sex appeal. Two things to remember:  (1) the writers have decided to make her irresistible, so we have to deal with that.  (2) Alison IS irresistible.  Don't ask me why...she just is.  So there. 
5) And most important...where is Whitney?  I need my whiny, self-entitled, twenty-something, complaining, annoying young person.  

5) And most important...where is Whitney?  I need my whiny, self-entitled, twenty-something, complaining, annoying young person. 

Ciera is Whitney 2.0 but conveniently not related to any of the main characters so she can potentially have sex with all of them.

She bugs the crap out of me.

• Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 3:41 PM, cardigirl said:

If Cherry was pregnant at the time he left for his 'walkabout,' then he left her during a very vulnerable time to go find his so-called 'soul mate,' (I don't believe there is such a thing.)

I just watched this episode and then read the comments. I didn't see this mentioned, and so I thought I'd ask. Given that JJ will always be Pacey to some people (including me), did the mention of "soulmate" make anyone think of Dawson? :)

On 7/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, Giant Misfit said:

LOL'd at the Exorcism Helper girl and that the 6-month "walkabout" lasted less than 6 days. 

And he didn't even get to surf!

On 7/16/2018 at 6:23 PM, Elizzikra said:

He didn't. Right after he told his parents about the insurance, he started to tell them that he had "low overhead" for most of his life and had decent savings. I think we inferred that he was planning to leave the savings and the insurance to his parents.

Very low overhead when he was sleeping in Helen's basement and then in her room with just a suitcase.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, preeya said:

In Vik's POV he had just bought the car. Helen would not have known he was driving the Porsche.   My problem with this is, why would anyone park a very expensive car outside of a garage with the top down?

I once had a convertible. If I so much as stopped into a drugstore for 10 minutes, I closed the hood. Someone could easily steal what's in the car, or it could rain, or someone could (especially in California) slash the seats. But I have noticed that in TVs and movies no one ever closes the hood. To me it seems almost a screw you, this is all replaceable kind of attitude.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, Pike Ludwell said:

Some are comparing the walkabout to a character's actions in "Lost" but what immediately popped into my head was Yoko and John separating with John going to Calif. till he got his head straight.

And it was Yoko who sent John to California but she was secure in his love, and he did in fact return to her, fully. Perhaps Cherry had a similar confidence, however it was apparently delusional as Gabriel returned only under threat.

Edited by Aqua